Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Velique

Postby Velique » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:36 am

Hey Aadvark,

It's been two months post op(from Dr Nara) and I'm still quite unhappy with my nose bridge. I did my eyelids too and they are still swollen now, my nose bridge seemed to straight from the side, maybe due to the fact that i had a nose bridge initially sharp but not obvious. Do you think it will affect my nose if i removed the implant, will it looked like what I had before the op? It is actually the overall look of my face, my friends think i looked weird, can't wait for my eyelids to go down, approximately how long with it take? But i thought Nara doesn't cut out much fats from the eyelids but it's not really recovering. TIA

mummy3

Re: Revision Rhinoplasty & Forehead Augmentation

Postby mummy3 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 1:45 pm

Annakilly wrote:Hi guys,
If you guys had followed the forum, you would know that I have previously had 2 nose jobs. Once in Mount Elizabeth Hospital with Dr Yeap and the second rhinoplasty with Dr. Pat from Tokai.

I decided to go to Dr Chiyarut for my 2nd revision rhinoplasty and Forehead augmentation. Below I will list the details of all my surgeries and hopefully you will be able to gain from my experience.

1st Rhinoplasty 2006: Dr Yeap Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
The 1st rhinoplasty by Dr Yeap in Mount Elizabeth was performed quite badly in my opinion. The nose he gave me was very straight from the bridge to the tip, there was no curve at all making it look very unnatural. The nose bridge was way too high and because he just gave me a simple augmentation using an L shaped silicone, it made my tip look really bulbous. I paid close to 3k for this operation and its really not worth the money.

2nd Rhinoplasty 2008: Dr Pat Tokai Clinic Bangkok
I decided to go for revision Rhinoplasty with Dr Pat from Tokai 2 years later. This time specifically asking for a lower nose bridge and a smaller & sharper tip and more of a natural nose curve. Dr Pat from Tokai listened and gave me a lower nose bridge and smaller tip, however, he made my tip too sharp and high and didn‘t manage to give me the natural nose curve I wanted, again my nose was straight from the bridge down. (I realized after reading lots of stories from fellow forumners that he likes to make the tip too high). He used the silicone and pushed my tip to its limit, making the skin at the tip very thin. At first the nose looked nice and was alright, however over time I realized the skin at my nose tip was getting thinner and thinner. My nose was too high and too sharp for its own good.

I went to consult several plastic surgeons in Singapore and they told me that I had to remove the sillicone implant, as in 6 months to a year there would be extrusion. Many of them quoting me prices way over $4k for revision again.
Honestly speaking, I was very tired of having to go for surgery over and over again as the recovery and swelling is very tedious and depressing. Its painful and lonely and not fun at all. I was very depressed and had no choice but to remove the implant. Knowing I could get a revision for less than $1k in Thailand, I decided to send photos of my nose to several clinics in Thailand and decided on Dr Chiyarut from Hatyai. (Mainly so as Dr Putt was reluctant to work on my nose and Dr Nara was completely booked)

3rd Rhinoplasty 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai
I arrived in Hatyai on the 4th of June and consulted Dr Chi at his clinic in the afternoon. He told me that there was no way that my nose could be fixed by replacing my current silicone implant with a simple L shaped silicone.
He recommended using my dermis skin to cover a new L shaped silicone implant and replacing the old one as my previous silicone implant had stretched my skin too thin. I was very hesitant at first as I’ve never heard of using skin and silicone to augment noses but he told me that was the only way to go, so I guess I didn’t have much of a choice. I was very reluctant to use my dermis skin as I thought that would make my nose more bulbous, however he advised me that it wouldn’t. I listened to him and allowed him to take some dermis skin from under my buttocks, it will leave abit of a scar, but that didn’t bother me.

Rhinoplasty Post-op Day 8

It is 8 days post operation now and I couldn’t be happier with my nose. For once in my life I have a nice natural curve from my bridge to my tip, my bridge isn’t too high or low and my tip isn’t big and bulbous and my nose isn’t hard. It is completely soft and I cannot feel the silicone at all. I would take and post photos, but my forehead augmentation is causing so much swelling I shan’t scare you guys, but I do promise photos once the swelling from the forehead augmentation goes down. (You will be able to see photos of my second rhinoplasty with Dr Pat if you look through my previous posts.)

Forehead Augmentation 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai

In addition to revision rhinoplasty, I decided to get silicone forehead Augmentation Surgery as well to compliment my new nose. I’ve been through cheek implants, buccal fat pad removal and 2 nose jobs, but forehead augmentation has to be the most painful and worst operation I’ve encountered.
It is now Day 4 after my forehead augmentation and the swelling is really bad. Prior to this post, I’ve not encountered another forumner who has shared their experience on forehead augmentation thus I will write a detailed daily diary here on the progress of my forehead augmentation. Mainly because its very hard to find information on recovery of forehead augmentation on the internet as well.

Forehead Augmentation Recovery

Surgery Day:
Dr Chi carved the implant and knocked me out with GA. After the surgery, I woke up with smelly and knotted hair covered in blood. I was told not to wash my hair till 2 days after the operation, but I couldn’t take it. I washed it carefully and blow dried my hair so as to not leave the incisions wet as soon as I got back to the hotel (Dr Chi‘s kind nurses took me back to the hotel by her scooter). I couldn’t go to bed with dried blood in my hair, it was too uncomfortable. Dr Chi made about a 5cm incision in my scalp which is covered by my hair and stitched it up with dissolvable sutures.
I went to bed at around 10pm and woke up at 1am with immense pain in my head, I took 2 Tylenol tablets to try to ease the pain but it didn’t work. I ended up vomiting all of my dinner and medicine out in the end. I felt so horrible I had to call Dr Chi in the end, he came over to my hotel with his girlfriend without hesitation at 3am and injected me with local anesthesia and drugs that made me stop vomiting. The pain stopped after the injection and I fell asleep immediately after he left.

Day 1 post op:
The swelling got really bad on day 1, I looked like a luohan fish and there was a big bulge on my forehead. To make things worse, my eyes started to swell as well and I could feel hot fluid accumulating around my eyes. I was really worried as I wasn’t prepared for any of this. First the pain and now the swelling. I stayed in bed the whole day, rested and iced my forehead, hoping that it would go down on the second day.

Day 2 Post Op:
The swelling got worse on day 2 post op. I woke up not being able to open my eyes at all, and I got the shock of my life when I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a freak, my usually normal looking eyes were non existant. I couldn’t open my eyes properly and the swelling had moved from my forehead to my eyes to my under eyes now! The upper half of my face was swollen real badly and trust me I’m not exaggerating. I really regretted not doing fat transfer to my forehead instead.

Day 3 Post Op:
I wasn’t feeling any better waking up on day 3. The swelling moved down to my cheeks and I looked as if I had jaw surgery as well. The swelling still remains from forehead to my cheeks. I am still continuing to ice my face, hoping that everything will go down by tomorrow. By the way, I still get occasionaly headaches I presume it is caused by the pressure of the forehead implants and the swelling.

I will update you guys soon on the outcome of the surgeries, hope this post has helped

Hi AnnaKilly,

I am having the same problem. My current silicone implant look very straight and had stretched my skin too thin. May I know how much did you pay for the revision at Dr Chiyarut Phi? Which hotel did you stay?

Cheers

Annakilly

Postby Annakilly » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 6:50 pm

mummy3 wrote:
If you guys had followed the forum, you would know that I have previously had 2 nose jobs. Once in Mount Elizabeth Hospital with Dr Yeap and the second rhinoplasty with Dr. Pat from Tokai.

I decided to go to Dr Chiyarut for my 2nd revision rhinoplasty and Forehead augmentation. Below I will list the details of all my surgeries and hopefully you will be able to gain from my experience.

The 1st rhinoplasty by Dr Yeap in Mount Elizabeth was performed quite badly in my opinion. The nose he gave me was very straight from the bridge to the tip, there was no curve at all making it look very unnatural. The nose bridge was way too high and because he just gave me a simple augmentation using an L shaped silicone, it made my tip look really bulbous. I paid close to 3k for this operation and its really not worth the money.

I decided to go for revision Rhinoplasty with Dr Pat from Tokai 2 years later. This time specifically asking for a lower nose bridge and a smaller & sharper tip and more of a natural nose curve. Dr Pat from Tokai listened and gave me a lower nose bridge and smaller tip, however, he made my tip too sharp and high and didn‘t manage to give me the natural nose curve I wanted, again my nose was straight from the bridge down. (I realized after reading lots of stories from fellow forumners that he likes to make the tip too high). He used the silicone and pushed my tip to its limit, making the skin at the tip very thin. At first the nose looked nice and was alright, however over time I realized the skin at my nose tip was getting thinner and thinner. My nose was too high and too sharp for its own good.

I went to consult several plastic surgeons in Singapore and they told me that I had to remove the sillicone implant, as in 6 months to a year there would be extrusion. Many of them quoting me prices way over $4k for revision again.
Honestly speaking, I was very tired of having to go for surgery over and over again as the recovery and swelling is very tedious and depressing. Its painful and lonely and not fun at all. I was very depressed and had no choice but to remove the implant. Knowing I could get a revision for less than $1k in Thailand, I decided to send photos of my nose to several clinics in Thailand and decided on Dr Chiyarut from Hatyai. (Mainly so as Dr Putt was reluctant to work on my nose and Dr Nara was completely booked)

I arrived in Hatyai on the 4th of June and consulted Dr Chi at his clinic in the afternoon. He told me that there was no way that my nose could be fixed by replacing my current silicone implant with a simple L shaped silicone.
He recommended using my dermis skin to cover a new L shaped silicone implant and replacing the old one as my previous silicone implant had stretched my skin too thin. I was very hesitant at first as I’ve never heard of using skin and silicone to augment noses but he told me that was the only way to go, so I guess I didn’t have much of a choice. I was very reluctant to use my dermis skin as I thought that would make my nose more bulbous, however he advised me that it wouldn’t. I listened to him and allowed him to take some dermis skin from under my buttocks, it will leave abit of a scar, but that didn’t bother me.

It is 8 days post operation now and I couldn’t be happier with my nose. For once in my life I have a nice natural curve from my bridge to my tip, my bridge isn’t too high or low and my tip isn’t big and bulbous and my nose isn’t hard. It is completely soft and I cannot feel the silicone at all. I would take and post photos, but my forehead augmentation is causing so much swelling I shan’t scare you guys, but I do promise photos once the swelling from the forehead augmentation goes down. (You will be able to see photos of my second rhinoplasty with Dr Pat if you look through my previous posts.)

In addition to revision rhinoplasty, I decided to get silicone forehead Augmentation Surgery as well to compliment my new nose. I’ve been through cheek implants, buccal fat pad removal and 2 nose jobs, but forehead augmentation has to be the most painful and worst operation I’ve encountered.
It is now Day 4 after my forehead augmentation and the swelling is really bad. Prior to this post, I’ve not encountered another forumner who has shared their experience on forehead augmentation thus I will write a detailed daily diary here on the progress of my forehead augmentation. Mainly because its very hard to find information on recovery of forehead augmentation on the internet as well.

Surgery Day:
Dr Chi carved the implant and knocked me out with GA. After the surgery, I woke up with smelly and knotted hair covered in blood. I was told not to wash my hair till 2 days after the operation, but I couldn’t take it. I washed it carefully and blow dried my hair so as to not leave the incisions wet as soon as I got back to the hotel (Dr Chi‘s kind nurses took me back to the hotel by her scooter). I couldn’t go to bed with dried blood in my hair, it was too uncomfortable. Dr Chi made about a 5cm incision in my scalp which is covered by my hair and stitched it up with dissolvable sutures.
I went to bed at around 10pm and woke up at 1am with immense pain in my head, I took 2 Tylenol tablets to try to ease the pain but it didn’t work. I ended up vomiting all of my dinner and medicine out in the end. I felt so horrible I had to call Dr Chi in the end, he came over to my hotel with his girlfriend without hesitation at 3am and injected me with local anesthesia and drugs that made me stop vomiting. The pain stopped after the injection and I fell asleep immediately after he left.

Day 1 post op:
The swelling got really bad on day 1, I looked like a luohan fish and there was a big bulge on my forehead. To make things worse, my eyes started to swell as well and I could feel hot fluid accumulating around my eyes. I was really worried as I wasn’t prepared for any of this. First the pain and now the swelling. I stayed in bed the whole day, rested and iced my forehead, hoping that it would go down on the second day.

Day 2 Post Op:
The swelling got worse on day 2 post op. I woke up not being able to open my eyes at all, and I got the shock of my life when I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a freak, my usually normal looking eyes were non existant. I couldn’t open my eyes properly and the swelling had moved from my forehead to my eyes to my under eyes now! The upper half of my face was swollen real badly and trust me I’m not exaggerating. I really regretted not doing fat transfer to my forehead instead.

Day 3 Post Op:
I wasn’t feeling any better waking up on day 3. The swelling moved down to my cheeks and I looked as if I had jaw surgery as well. The swelling still remains from forehead to my cheeks. I am still continuing to ice my face, hoping that everything will go down by tomorrow. By the way, I still get occasionaly headaches I presume it is caused by the pressure of the forehead implants and the swelling.

I will update you guys soon on the outcome of the surgeries, hope this post has helped

Hi AnnaKilly,

I am having the same problem. My current silicone implant look very straight and had stretched my skin too thin. May I know how much did you pay for the revision at Dr Chiyarut Phi? Which hotel did you stay?

Cheers

Hi Mummy3

I paid 14000 baht for the revision and had dermis skin taken out from the crease of my buttocks to cover the implant. I stayed at the New Season hotel mainly cause they provide free internet, however i wouldn't recommend that hotel to anyone. The food was bad and the room was old and mouldy. Whenever i switched on the aircon a foul smell would come out. Lee Gardens is much more convenient. Did you do your nose at Dr. Pat from Tokai too?

mummy3

Postby mummy3 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 8:22 pm

Annakilly wrote:
mummy3 wrote:

Surgery Day:

Day 1 post op:

Day 2 Post Op:

Day 3 Post Op:

:) Cheers

Hi Mummy3

I paid 14000 baht for the revision and had dermis skin taken out from the crease of my buttocks to cover the implant. I stayed at the New Season hotel mainly cause they provide free internet, however i wouldn't recommend that hotel to anyone. The food was bad and the room was old and mouldy. Whenever i switched on the aircon a foul smell would come out. Lee Gardens is much more convenient. Did you do your nose at Dr. Pat from Tokai too?

:)
Last edited by mummy3 on Sat, 19 Jun 2010 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momoko
Regular
Regular

Postby momoko » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 9:48 pm

any recommended clinics for laser treatment?
im looking into scar revision.
never too late to change!

Annakilly

Postby Annakilly » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 4:10 am

mummy3 wrote:
Annakilly wrote:
mummy3 wrote:

Surgery Day:

Day 1 post op:

Day 2 Post Op:

Day 3 Post Op:

Hi AnnaKilly,

Cheers

Hi Mummy3

Hi Annakilly,

Thanks you so much for your info!! How much did you pay in total including hotel stay and air ticket ? How many day do I need to stay in Hatyai? Any website to read up on Dr Chiyarut Phi??

I did mine at Harry Fok @Mount E 8 yrs ago. Actually, I'm thinking to live with it since nobody make any comment that my nose is unnatural. But occasionally peoples will still ask if I got a nose job. Now aftering reading your post, I think I should do something about it. :)
Cheers

Hi Mummy3,

I paid $300 plus for my hotel stay of 10 days in Hatyai, my air fares was roughly $200. There is no website to read up on Dr Chi, i went to hatyai to consult 2 doctors and chose Dr. Chi on pure faith because i was more comfortable with him and i was very impressed with his before and after work he showed me :)

Glad i helped mummy3, think it through and all the best if you decide to go for it!

venven81

Postby venven81 » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 3:42 pm

kaialee3 wrote:a lil like naomi campbell kind. but I met that girl 4 years ago so I really dont know how it might be now. Im likely gg Dec c if I can get leave from wrk. U been to nara b4? When u intending to go?

yeah , i went to nara about 2 weeks ago for a nose job. Was planning to go again in dec else early next year to do my cheek to make my features sharper. But not sure if i should go back to nara again for my cheek.WHat do u intend to do ? Make an appointment wth nara already ?

summerboy02
Regular
Regular

Chin Augmentation

Postby summerboy02 » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 3:50 pm

I sent an email to Dr Chi and he quoted me 18000 Thai Baht for Chin AUgmentation.I was astonished and That is expensive for a chin job at Hatyai.

I went on to send an email to ask why is there a far fetch price difference between his Rhinoplasty (8000 thai baht) and chin augmentation...I'm waiting for his reply on this.

Next he asked me what size of the silicon do I want for my chin??!!!!
I was like even more amused because he was supposed to advice me and Im not in any position nor am I professional to choose the size of the silicon for myself.

I'm really doubtful of Dr Chi.

Can someone who have been to Dr Chi give more feedback of his professionalism and his work? I really keen in going to him and his words really put me off

Thank you

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Nose jobs in Thailand

Postby Pinkyice » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 4:22 pm

It took me a long time before I decide to write this post but I just wanted to share this with anyone who's planning to have a nose job done in Thailand.

I had my first nose job in July 2007 in Yanhee hospital with Dr Sukit.
Just a simple implant and he also removed the hump in the middle of my nose.
Love my new nose, received many compliments and it looked great...but I don't like how it was still wide at the base and the tip wasn't sharp.
Then while looking at photos I took during a holiday with a friend, I realized that my nose looked very unnatural from the side...hard to explain but I look like a witch.
So I decided to go for a revision with Dr Puttisak in Hatyai.

My first revision was in February 2009 but my nose deviated and I went back in May 2009 for another revision.
This time Dr Puttisak fashioned the implant in such a way that it looked like I had a tiplasty too.
When the swelling subsides, my new nose looked great. It was higher, the tip sharper and the base not as wide (I think it's because the implant was higher, it pulled the sides of the nose higher too).
I posted my nose here in this forum and there were people telling me that it looks good...but the funny thing is although my nose look good on its own, it doesn't look as nice on my face as my first implant with Dr Sukit.

Then in August 2009, my implant gradually start slipping down and extruding from my nose.
But I didn't know then and thought it was a pimple and even spent a lot of money consulting a dermatologist who told me it's a pimple too!
She advised me to go for IPL and it was only during the visit to the clinic (in December 2009) where I'm supposed to do the IPL that the doctor there told me that it's not a pimple but my nose implant extruding out.

But because I couldn't take leave, I can only go to Hatyai in February 2010 to remove my implant.
By then, my implant had extruded so much that it had punctated the skin on the tip of my nose and you can see a tiny bit of the silicon protruding out.
Of course I was really upset as all the money and "effort" spent on my nose previously were wasted.

I like Dr Puttisak and I agree that he's a kind and great person but I can't say the same for his skills.
It's not that the doctors in Thailand are not good...it's just that most of them will only do nose implant (which is simple) and not anything more because they don't have the confidence or skills for complicated nose surgeries.
Dr Puttisak told me that he will do another nose implant for me (for free) when I recover and not to worry about the scar on my nose as it will go away.
But by then, I had lost all my trust in him and also in Thai surgeons.

In the end,I decided to go to Korea as their surgeons are the best in the world for nose surgery.
I consulted a few surgeons there and will have my nose revision surgery in Seoul in August this year.
According to the Korean surgeon, I need to make my nose straight, debulk my nasal tip, augment my nasal dorsum, make my tip more defined and dermal grafting for the scar on my tip.
And the doctor told me that it is very difficult to reverse the scar on nasal tip but he will try his best.

I totally regretted not going to Korea in the first place and I still have fears that my nose will be scarred for life.
I hope this post can provide some information for people who wanted to have their nose done.

kaialee3

Postby kaialee3 » Thu, 17 Jun 2010 8:23 pm

venven81: I was thinking of doing rhino.. How was urs with Nara btw? Mind sharing ur exp with me?

zanise

Re: nose

Postby zanise » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 12:01 am

kensan wrote:
fifipek wrote:hi angelfern
may i know who u did your nose with and how long already u had the silicon implant?

fifipek, my nose subsides fully only after 5 months. Be patience.

hi kesan, i need panbesy badly. do you think you can help me to get it? really appreciate. plssss :(

lowprofile

Please Help!!!

Postby lowprofile » Fri, 18 Jun 2010 5:40 pm

Hi Aaddvark/all,

This is my 7days post op for nose implant.. My nose bridge is too high and my family and friends says i look really wierd. I'm so so worry. Can anyone advise if my nose bridge will still go down?? As i can already feel the silicone and all swell on my face is gone.
Regards,
lowprofile

venven81

Postby venven81 » Sat, 19 Jun 2010 10:27 pm

kaialee3 wrote:venven81: I was thinking of doing rhino.. How was urs with Nara btw? Mind sharing ur exp with me?

sure ,as below :

My appt with Nara was at 11 am . Reach there about 10.50 am , and was told by the nurse that nara only come at 12 pm.By the time , clinic was already pack with people. Went for lunch and came back at 11.50 am . Waited till about 1 + before it was my turn to consult him. It was a short consultation,ask him some questions then he said will make a natural nose for me.

Went out to make an appointment to come back 4 the surgery. Appt schedule at 5 pm but my surgery starts at 8 pm. Last patient of the day.

They tie my hands up in the surgery room. Room was clean and nice. Nara was listening to those lady gaga kind of music while doing surgery for the lady beside me.Cool right!

When it was my turn ,he measure my nose to determine the amt of slicon to put and tok to me by asking how i know about him and where i came from and things like that.

Once measurment done,sedative was injected on my hand and i start to feel drowsy.Slept throughout the surgery.

When i woke up , it was all done. Brand new nose.Nose bleed a little. They gave me antibiotics,pain killer and saline to clean the wound of my nose.

Next day , nose swell a little at the bridge but it wasn't painful. So i didn't take any painkiller and went out shoping and did manicure.

On the 4th day the side of my eye start to be a little blue black like got eye ring.

5th day - 6th day : Turn to yellow on my bridge area.

8th day : No more swell.Nose look natural. Friends commented that my nose looks natural and no one can tell that i did plastic. But i feel like making it even higher.haha.

I guess the only problem i faced was washing of my face , need to be very gentle as the flesh around my cheek area was very tight.I cant really smile very widly or laugh out loud as i can feel sth foreign in my nose. Ater about 1 week , everything was okay . I can go jogging and proceed with my normal activites.

jeantuak

Postby jeantuak » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 2:41 pm

kaialee3 wrote:I'm heading to Dr Nara ard Dec, looking for travel buddies, preferably females. Anyone interested?:)

im interested to do nose implant..but still considering malaysia or thailand...wat date u go?

crispypanda

Postby crispypanda » Sun, 20 Jun 2010 7:33 pm

Does anyone know how much Rachael is currently selling her Sinecch for? (Think it was $54 in '08 and $58 in '09) Can't seem to get to her it seems :( Thank you!