Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mint_leaf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed, 09 Jun 2010

Postby mint_leaf » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 6:43 pm

Thanks Hollycherry !! Mind telling me what type of implants was that ? Silicon / saline ? I emailed Dr Nara yesterday and he has yet to reply me. And how you feeling now ? Got yr stitches removed ? I am been thinking of BA every other day since as long as I can remember.. :D

venven81
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 20 Jan 2010

Postby venven81 » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 8:29 pm

hollycherry wrote:
venven81 wrote:
hollycherry wrote:hi guys,

after reading through all the pages in this forum. i made an appointment with Dr. Nara. did the surgery on the 7th June and now I am back! :)

today is the 5th day of my post-op and I am very very pleased with my results and recovery.

did breast augmentation (mammoplasty), nose implant (rhinoplasty) and upper eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) <- finally spelt that right at the first go.

for people who are considering which surgeon to go to, i highly recommend Dr. Nara.

but please note he is a high advocate for the outcome of result being natural. I didn't get to choose what I want - breast size, shape of nose, height of nose bridge.

i just trusted my face and boobs into his hands.

just want to thank everyone who had shared their reviews and experience here.

very excited to see the final results.

(remember, sinecch, vit c, loads of rest, fruits and water are utterly essential!!)


Hi , Will you be removing the thread from rhinoplastry ? I also did my nose with dr nara for about 2 weeks , but the thread is still inside. Have yet to disolve . Was thinking should i remove it ?



Hi there, I just visited our local polyclinic with an attempt to remove the stitches as per instructed. by right it can and should be removed after 1 week although it's dissolvable stitches.

i was quite pissed off that they only told me after almost 3 hrs of waiting that i shouldnt remove it there. different nurses and doctors there said different things.

in the end i got a referral letter to get it removed in a plastic surgery department in a hospital tomorrow.

did you receive any letter from nara? the local docs and nurses are asking me for it but i always tell them i do not have it.

im rather frustrated. i tht that removing stitches should be a simple process, but the stitches in my nose seemed to be "complicated" to the nurses in polyclinic.

im waiting for a call from the poly to confirm my hosp appt. will check if it's subsidized. or i'll just visit any private clinics near my place.

where do you girls remove your stitches for rhinoplasty in singapore? those who did their procedure with dr nara. need some advice. :(


I did not receive any letter from nara either , other than medicine -_-
Can u let me know the cost of it when the polyclinic call you on the cost? I try to cut the outer thread so it cant been seen by people...haha...

kaitin
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 17 May 2010

Postby kaitin » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:30 pm

i having my nose surgery next week, would like to buy SinEcch. please advise where can i get them before my trip

slyly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat, 13 Mar 2010

Postby slyly » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:42 pm

You can get it removed at any GP neighbourhood clinics etc.. If they don't do it, just go do the next one. Poly clinics too. You shouldn't cut the outer thread, if your wound opens up by accident or hasn't healed properly, you'll be prone to infection and might need stitches again.

venven81 wrote:
hollycherry wrote:
venven81 wrote:
hollycherry wrote:hi guys,

after reading through all the pages in this forum. i made an appointment with Dr. Nara. did the surgery on the 7th June and now I am back! :)

today is the 5th day of my post-op and I am very very pleased with my results and recovery.

did breast augmentation (mammoplasty), nose implant (rhinoplasty) and upper eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty) <- finally spelt that right at the first go.

for people who are considering which surgeon to go to, i highly recommend Dr. Nara.

but please note he is a high advocate for the outcome of result being natural. I didn't get to choose what I want - breast size, shape of nose, height of nose bridge.

i just trusted my face and boobs into his hands.

just want to thank everyone who had shared their reviews and experience here.

very excited to see the final results.

(remember, sinecch, vit c, loads of rest, fruits and water are utterly essential!!)


Hi , Will you be removing the thread from rhinoplastry ? I also did my nose with dr nara for about 2 weeks , but the thread is still inside. Have yet to disolve . Was thinking should i remove it ?



Hi there, I just visited our local polyclinic with an attempt to remove the stitches as per instructed. by right it can and should be removed after 1 week although it's dissolvable stitches.

i was quite pissed off that they only told me after almost 3 hrs of waiting that i shouldnt remove it there. different nurses and doctors there said different things.

in the end i got a referral letter to get it removed in a plastic surgery department in a hospital tomorrow.

did you receive any letter from nara? the local docs and nurses are asking me for it but i always tell them i do not have it.

im rather frustrated. i tht that removing stitches should be a simple process, but the stitches in my nose seemed to be "complicated" to the nurses in polyclinic.

im waiting for a call from the poly to confirm my hosp appt. will check if it's subsidized. or i'll just visit any private clinics near my place.

where do you girls remove your stitches for rhinoplasty in singapore? those who did their procedure with dr nara. need some advice. :(


I did not receive any letter from nara either , other than medicine -_-
Can u let me know the cost of it when the polyclinic call you on the cost? I try to cut the outer thread so it cant been seen by people...haha...

kaialee3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Postby kaialee3 » Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:56 pm

I'm heading to Dr Nara ard Dec, looking for travel buddies, preferably females. Anyone interested?:)

hollycherry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 12 Jun 2010

Postby hollycherry » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:15 am

kaitin wrote:i having my nose surgery next week, would like to buy SinEcch. please advise where can i get them before my trip


i had got rachel's contact from the previous threads. she is VERY nice. her number is 9637 1571. very efficient too!

hollycherry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 12 Jun 2010

Postby hollycherry » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:21 am

hi venven81,

sure will let u know the cost. but i will most likely just go to any other clinics. i thought i could save a little money by going to a polyclinic. but it just wasted my entire afternoon having nth accomplished. :(

hollycherry
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat, 12 Jun 2010

Postby hollycherry » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:30 am

mint_leaf wrote:Thanks Hollycherry !! Mind telling me what type of implants was that ? Silicon / saline ? I emailed Dr Nara yesterday and he has yet to reply me. And how you feeling now ? Got yr stitches removed ? I am been thinking of BA every other day since as long as I can remember.. :D


hi mint leaf, it was silicon. its the nurses who tend to his emails most of the time. i dun think nara had ever replied my emails.

im feeling okay now. slight pain at the chest area at times but bearable. :) yup stitches removed too.

haha... if u really think u wanna go for it, just bear in mind the very immense (9.5 out of 10 for me) pain u might have to bear for the first few days, inconvenience (for god knows when :( ) having to review 15 years later and potentially doing another surgery (either removal or replacement) by that time. not to mention all the other potential side effects. <- hope you had done enough research

unless you are willing to accept all that may potentially happen, if not, my take is don't go for it okay. :)

kaialee3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Postby kaialee3 » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 12:50 am

Jus to share. I know a girl who went for CS for her nose and cheeks. She did those 'suck in' cheeks and was v nice. When I complimented her, she told me happily she did with Nara and her nose costed 300+ and cheeks cant rem the amt. She told me to do sufficient research myself and not to rush into it. And I've done it for years, read many positive reviews about Nara so I've decided to go myself now:)

venven81
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed, 20 Jan 2010

Postby venven81 » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 8:53 pm

kaialee3 wrote:Jus to share. I know a girl who went for CS for her nose and cheeks. She did those 'suck in' cheeks and was v nice. When I complimented her, she told me happily she did with Nara and her nose costed 300+ and cheeks cant rem the amt. She told me to do sufficient research myself and not to rush into it. And I've done it for years, read many positive reviews about Nara so I've decided to go myself now:)


How does the 'Suck in' cheek look like ? Look ang mo kind?i was thinking of going back to Dr nara for my cheek but i scared later he do very natural , not the kind of cheek i want. When are u going to dr nara ?

kaialee3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Postby kaialee3 » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 9:02 pm

a lil like naomi campbell kind. but I met that girl 4 years ago so I really dont know how it might be now. Im likely gg Dec c if I can get leave from wrk. U been to nara b4? When u intending to go?

mint_leaf
Regular
Regular
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed, 09 Jun 2010

Postby mint_leaf » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 9:25 pm

I hope to visit Dr Nara ard end nov/ Dec for BA. Can only take leave then. Anybody interested in the same procedure ? We can give moral support and suffer together.. :P

kaialee3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon, 14 Jun 2010

Postby kaialee3 » Tue, 15 Jun 2010 9:34 pm

Haahs I read that it hurts a lot, I'm intending to do rhino, but if our timings can match we can travel together:)

Velique
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon, 23 Nov 2009

Postby Velique » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 12:36 am

Hey Aadvark,

It's been two months post op(from Dr Nara) and I'm still quite unhappy with my nose bridge. I did my eyelids too and they are still swollen now, my nose bridge seemed to straight from the side, maybe due to the fact that i had a nose bridge initially sharp but not obvious. Do you think it will affect my nose if i removed the implant, will it looked like what I had before the op? It is actually the overall look of my face, my friends think i looked weird, can't wait for my eyelids to go down, approximately how long with it take? But i thought Nara doesn't cut out much fats from the eyelids but it's not really recovering. TIA

mummy3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Fri, 04 Jun 2010

Re: Revision Rhinoplasty & Forehead Augmentation

Postby mummy3 » Wed, 16 Jun 2010 1:45 pm

Annakilly wrote:Hi guys,
If you guys had followed the forum, you would know that I have previously had 2 nose jobs. Once in Mount Elizabeth Hospital with Dr Yeap and the second rhinoplasty with Dr. Pat from Tokai.

I decided to go to Dr Chiyarut for my 2nd revision rhinoplasty and Forehead augmentation. Below I will list the details of all my surgeries and hopefully you will be able to gain from my experience.

1st Rhinoplasty 2006: Dr Yeap Mount Elizabeth Hospital Singapore
The 1st rhinoplasty by Dr Yeap in Mount Elizabeth was performed quite badly in my opinion. The nose he gave me was very straight from the bridge to the tip, there was no curve at all making it look very unnatural. The nose bridge was way too high and because he just gave me a simple augmentation using an L shaped silicone, it made my tip look really bulbous. I paid close to 3k for this operation and its really not worth the money.

2nd Rhinoplasty 2008: Dr Pat Tokai Clinic Bangkok
I decided to go for revision Rhinoplasty with Dr Pat from Tokai 2 years later. This time specifically asking for a lower nose bridge and a smaller & sharper tip and more of a natural nose curve. Dr Pat from Tokai listened and gave me a lower nose bridge and smaller tip, however, he made my tip too sharp and high and didn‘t manage to give me the natural nose curve I wanted, again my nose was straight from the bridge down. (I realized after reading lots of stories from fellow forumners that he likes to make the tip too high). He used the silicone and pushed my tip to its limit, making the skin at the tip very thin. At first the nose looked nice and was alright, however over time I realized the skin at my nose tip was getting thinner and thinner. My nose was too high and too sharp for its own good.

I went to consult several plastic surgeons in Singapore and they told me that I had to remove the sillicone implant, as in 6 months to a year there would be extrusion. Many of them quoting me prices way over $4k for revision again.
Honestly speaking, I was very tired of having to go for surgery over and over again as the recovery and swelling is very tedious and depressing. Its painful and lonely and not fun at all. I was very depressed and had no choice but to remove the implant. Knowing I could get a revision for less than $1k in Thailand, I decided to send photos of my nose to several clinics in Thailand and decided on Dr Chiyarut from Hatyai. (Mainly so as Dr Putt was reluctant to work on my nose and Dr Nara was completely booked)

3rd Rhinoplasty 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai
I arrived in Hatyai on the 4th of June and consulted Dr Chi at his clinic in the afternoon. He told me that there was no way that my nose could be fixed by replacing my current silicone implant with a simple L shaped silicone.
He recommended using my dermis skin to cover a new L shaped silicone implant and replacing the old one as my previous silicone implant had stretched my skin too thin. I was very hesitant at first as I’ve never heard of using skin and silicone to augment noses but he told me that was the only way to go, so I guess I didn’t have much of a choice. I was very reluctant to use my dermis skin as I thought that would make my nose more bulbous, however he advised me that it wouldn’t. I listened to him and allowed him to take some dermis skin from under my buttocks, it will leave abit of a scar, but that didn’t bother me.

Rhinoplasty Post-op Day 8

It is 8 days post operation now and I couldn’t be happier with my nose. For once in my life I have a nice natural curve from my bridge to my tip, my bridge isn’t too high or low and my tip isn’t big and bulbous and my nose isn’t hard. It is completely soft and I cannot feel the silicone at all. I would take and post photos, but my forehead augmentation is causing so much swelling I shan’t scare you guys, but I do promise photos once the swelling from the forehead augmentation goes down. (You will be able to see photos of my second rhinoplasty with Dr Pat if you look through my previous posts.)

Forehead Augmentation 2010: Dr Chiyarut Phi Beauty Hatyai

In addition to revision rhinoplasty, I decided to get silicone forehead Augmentation Surgery as well to compliment my new nose. I’ve been through cheek implants, buccal fat pad removal and 2 nose jobs, but forehead augmentation has to be the most painful and worst operation I’ve encountered.
It is now Day 4 after my forehead augmentation and the swelling is really bad. Prior to this post, I’ve not encountered another forumner who has shared their experience on forehead augmentation thus I will write a detailed daily diary here on the progress of my forehead augmentation. Mainly because its very hard to find information on recovery of forehead augmentation on the internet as well.

Forehead Augmentation Recovery

Surgery Day:
Dr Chi carved the implant and knocked me out with GA. After the surgery, I woke up with smelly and knotted hair covered in blood. I was told not to wash my hair till 2 days after the operation, but I couldn’t take it. I washed it carefully and blow dried my hair so as to not leave the incisions wet as soon as I got back to the hotel (Dr Chi‘s kind nurses took me back to the hotel by her scooter). I couldn’t go to bed with dried blood in my hair, it was too uncomfortable. Dr Chi made about a 5cm incision in my scalp which is covered by my hair and stitched it up with dissolvable sutures.
I went to bed at around 10pm and woke up at 1am with immense pain in my head, I took 2 Tylenol tablets to try to ease the pain but it didn’t work. I ended up vomiting all of my dinner and medicine out in the end. I felt so horrible I had to call Dr Chi in the end, he came over to my hotel with his girlfriend without hesitation at 3am and injected me with local anesthesia and drugs that made me stop vomiting. The pain stopped after the injection and I fell asleep immediately after he left.

Day 1 post op:
The swelling got really bad on day 1, I looked like a luohan fish and there was a big bulge on my forehead. To make things worse, my eyes started to swell as well and I could feel hot fluid accumulating around my eyes. I was really worried as I wasn’t prepared for any of this. First the pain and now the swelling. I stayed in bed the whole day, rested and iced my forehead, hoping that it would go down on the second day.

Day 2 Post Op:
The swelling got worse on day 2 post op. I woke up not being able to open my eyes at all, and I got the shock of my life when I looked at myself in the mirror. I looked like a freak, my usually normal looking eyes were non existant. I couldn’t open my eyes properly and the swelling had moved from my forehead to my eyes to my under eyes now! The upper half of my face was swollen real badly and trust me I’m not exaggerating. I really regretted not doing fat transfer to my forehead instead.

Day 3 Post Op:
I wasn’t feeling any better waking up on day 3. The swelling moved down to my cheeks and I looked as if I had jaw surgery as well. The swelling still remains from forehead to my cheeks. I am still continuing to ice my face, hoping that everything will go down by tomorrow. By the way, I still get occasionaly headaches I presume it is caused by the pressure of the forehead implants and the swelling.

I will update you guys soon on the outcome of the surgeries, hope this post has helped


Hi AnnaKilly,

I am having the same problem. My current silicone implant look very straight and had stretched my skin too thin. May I know how much did you pay for the revision at Dr Chiyarut Phi? Which hotel did you stay?

Cheers


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests