Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
gucci_boy

Post by gucci_boy » Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:26 pm

Hi All,

Im new here and im very intestered to do surgery on chin implant and eye bag removal at Dr Nara.

But so far i emailed her clinic for a schedule and appointment i have yet to hear a reply, can anyone assist me?

aadvark: u seem very experienced here! can u help me?

Thanks!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 4:55 am

gucci_boy wrote:Hi All,

Im new here and im very intestered to do surgery on chin implant and eye bag removal at Dr Nara.

But so far i emailed her clinic for a schedule and appointment i have yet to hear a reply, can anyone assist me?

aadvark: u seem very experienced here! can u help me?

Thanks!
haha, Dr Nara is a 'he' not 'she'. He's usually too busy to reply email, so fastest way is to call the clinic
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

gucci_boy

Post by gucci_boy » Wed, 24 Feb 2010 10:34 pm

Hmmm ok, whats the number again? its stated on the website right?

adeline soh jin ting

rhino

Post by adeline soh jin ting » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 1:03 am

hi there , i am also doing rhinoplasty soon . any good surgeon to recommend ?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 25 Feb 2010 1:05 am

gucci_boy wrote:Hmmm ok, whats the number again? its stated on the website right?
yup, on his website http://www.dr-nara.com

sawadika77

Post by sawadika77 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 1:38 am

perfectcut22 wrote:I did my chin with Nara and it's not painful. my incision is under my chin and not done intra oral. Recovery is a piece of cake for chin implant. The only pain you'll feel is like those bruises you get. Even removal of the stitches is easy cuz your chin will feel numb for the first week. Haha

BUT for alarplasty, different story... i did BA, alarplasty and chin altogether under GA. Post alarplasty hurts like hell when you smile lightly or even try to eat. I swear i cried when my friend made me laugh... the pain was rather unbearable for me i dunno why. The pain only went away slowly after 1 month or so. Removal of stitches for alarplasty also stings like hell!!!

BA aka breast implant... it HURTS LIKE HELL for me lah, but i have friends who felt that it's nt very painful. Different ppl different tolerance level.

Now i am about 3 months gg to 4 months post surgery.

Breast still numb as nara told me that BA takes abt one full year to recover for some. My alar is not painful anymore. My chin is still tender at times....
im happy for you, as for me it didnt go that well, I did mine last october but unfortunately, I got an infection and implants were taken out in four days. The problem was i kept throwing up after surgery so couldnt keep the anti biotic down... probably thats how come i picked up infection. I dint need to go to hospital to have them taken out, nara took them out in his clinic. I felt really wasted, considering the fact i traveled all the way from abroad. Now i gotta wait ( as he adviced) for a whole twelve months before i can have another surgery. However, I thank God im alive.
Thankyou Jesus

sawadika77

Post by sawadika77 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 2:32 am

rhinoceros wrote:Hi all i'm new here and am thinking of doing nose n breast surgery by dr nara.
I have a few queries n hope u can help me..(Quite a number actually...)

1) What is the minimum number of days i have to stay in hatyai?
2) About how much must i bring there?
3) Is it compulsary to stay in the hospital after breast surgery?
4) When can vthe bandage n stitches come off after nose surgery? and how about breast surgery?
5) Where does dr nara do his incisions for BA? Underarm? Under breast?
6) Can i go on air flight 3 days after both surgeries?

Hope u guys can help me..
Oh n any kakis if i decided to go?
As a former ba candidate ill give u my personal advice. lol
I chose to stay in hatya for 11 nights, reason i chose to stay that long was i wanted the stitches taken out there rather than go home and have them done. Also i heard that its best to wait few days before going
airborne, however, i remb when Dr nara came to see me at the hospital and i was moaning and asking if i could stay an extra night ( not for free was gona pay) he said to me ( something that was very surprising) that some ppl from singapore do ba overnight n next morning fly back to their country. I was like Wow, ok!!! So its an individual thing. for me i guess a 13 hour flight back to london is a no way so i had to stay max time in thailand.

As for incisions that depends on your boobs. Mine (cause of sugging due to breast feeding ) were done via nipple
As for stayin in hotel after surgery, girl where do u wanna go? to the park and play ball? lol. Trust me what you wanna do after surgery is sleep ALOT. (thats my experience anyway)

however for me it didnt go so good, i mean the surgery was okay but i couldnt keeep the antibiotic, i kept being sick ( vomit) so i had an infection and implants were taken out. BUT.. dont loose hope, its not about the doctor, there is always a chance of infection wherever you go so... geuss i wasnt that lucky. So yes, i returned back to uk without the implant... was very sad for me, but im now okay... By Gods grace.

Everything else i.e lipo i had no problem at all. I did my love hundles, and dr nara was so kind to do both top n bottom area ( of belly) as one. The love handles n stomach were done on 2 separate occasions. started with the love handles, then two days after ba did the stomach (actually his wife did it with him present)

hatyai is lovely, i loved it. stayed at lee garden. i stood out cause im black. some pple thought i was from malaysia some thought india some africa ( which is where my parents are from, tho im british) the locals are very nice and friendly. i made alot of friends as im quite a friendly person.

As for money well just calculate hhow much everything costs. what i did is call the clinic ( from hotel when i arrived) one bell boy directed me to the place ( very easy) when i got there amy( Dr. receptionist) took me to change money, in the plaza. I then returned and paid for everything in advance, i.e lipo x2 and ba. they give u a receipt in thai .

to be very honest i love thailand n the people. hatyai is safe, only noisy with budhist n fire works ( went during some festival) If your a christian theres a lovely church called hatyai christian centre. all races are there and very nnice people. They even send me a christmas card.

okay enough said...wow this is a nove. hehe, if you have any questions pls feel freee. i was once there so i know how it feels .
Thankyou Jesus

mquin

back to bangkok for 3rd round of PS

Post by mquin » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 10:50 am

Hi all! I have read through your forum because I am going back to Bangkok for my 3rd round of surgeries and found you while doing a google search. I decided to share with you all my experience so that it may help those going through this decision. It is long I apologize upfront. Please don’t read all of it if it does not apply to you.

I am not in Singapore I am in America. I lived in Asia for 6 years in the 90’s. I was a model and needed to have BA for work. I had made an appointment in America and then canceled. I looked at Australian and Brazilian doctors. I was living in Bangkok at the time and had many appointments with the top doctors there in 1994. I finely chose Dr. Charan even though at the time he was more expensive then the others. He made me comfortable and he used the word artist. He sold me we with that word. He showed me hundreds of photos and you could not tell the people had surgery. He also showed me cleft faces he redid in Australia. 1 thing I do not like about Thai surgeons compared to the US is that I had no idea what would happen and was not given a lot of information. I had to figure it out myself. I am so happy you all have this forum to do so.

He had me do blood tests and I had to have an x-ray. I have scoliosis and he almost didn’t do the surgery because of it. He had to talk with several doctors before he would do it.
I had never had surgery and was assuming I would go under and be given pain medication. No pain really no big deal. NOT SO!

I woke up super cold and felt like someone else said on this sight.. that I had an elephant on my chest. I was yelling at them telling them I was cold and that it hurt. I refused to sit up they had to pick me up and put me on the wheeling bed. I was wheeled to my private suite and kept my private nurse up all night giving me more pain medication. The next day he removed my drains and I was taken home by my friend.
I had under the muscle through the armpit. I was unable to pull my pants up to use the bathroom for two weeks. It took me about 6 months to completely recover. I could not work for 1 month. Having said that to this day I have never seen a better looking BA. My scar is undetectable even when you look close. It is in the crease of my armpit. In my business, which I will now have been in for 20 years and have worked all over the world, that is saying a lot. No one knew that I had a BA. To this day my family still doesn’t.
Cost BA us $2200
all tests, night in his clinic, private nurse for the night, medications, GA, and follow up appointments. (I lived there and had about 4)
Second trip…2006
On vacation in Bangkok. I called Charan and asked if he could fit me in. I went to see him for my consultation. He remembered me. Probably because I was so noisy coming out of surgery. I asked for lipo on inner, outer legs, back flanks. Fat transfer to face lines. Lower eyelids. Total cost USD1600 same as above included except I did not have a nurse sleeping in my room this time she just checked on me often. Also only two check ups I was only there for 10 days after. I was under LA for eyes. You have to be an active participant in that. Did not take long and I was pretty chatty out of nervousness. I was put under for the lipo and came out fine this time with no pain. Bless you all for doing it awake. Yikes!

Charan’s dad drove me to get all my blood tests. Then his dad found a hotel with me and negotiated the price in Thai and took me to the mall to buy a girdle cause I did not plan this out very well. After surgery his dad drove me back to my hotel. I walked there cause it was only a few blocks.
I had sensitivity in lipo areas for a couple years. Meaning if someone bumps me I feel it. Most people that have had it have same. This is not for weight control. It will make you look weird if you are not in shape and have it done. I have seen many bad jobs on people. When you are in the best shape you can be in and you have a stubborn patch or pouch that will not go away then it works. Also I have gained weight since and it now goes to my stomach because it can’t go to my saddle bags any more. How I know it was a good job is that I have never had any lumps and even with gaining weight you can not tell the areas that were done and which were not. I have gained about 30lbs just from being lazy. LOL

Also down the street from his clinic I found a great dermatologist don’t remember her name or the address will let you all know when I go back. I just remember how to walk there. I had my lips injected with a full syringe of restylin and a dental block for pain. Around $250 It is the best job I have ever had. I paid us900 from a famous doctor in Bevery hills once and it was not as good. I will go back to her for that and botox next trip. Also will get a Vitamin A peel.

Third trip planned this April
Upper eyes wish I would have had them done the last time!
Stomach lipo. Getting rid of weight so I can get best results. Grrrr
Under chin lipo.
Removing implants and having an internal lift. Time to retire these babies. I am very active and you must remove them in 10 years. So budget for that girls! I am at 14 years and I think I may have a silicone leak and it is making me very sick. It costs more to take them out then in because the surgery takes longer. They many times have to scrape the implant of the chest cavity and make sure all of the silicone is safely removed from your body. Something I did not even think about when I had them put in. For removal and lift he is charging me $3500 I was quoted $8500 in the US and I don’t think the doctor was as talented.

My husband is coming with me to take care of me and also has planned to have a chin implant and lipo under chin. US$1500

Will let you know how it all goes.

I read your whole sight looking to see if you had any newer doctor’s that were better since I have not lived in Thailand for awhile. Also Charan is getting older and sometimes younger doctors can be better. I almost was swayed to go to your favorite doctor because he is definitely cheaper. I was worried to hear that he does 10 surgeries a day. Not saying anything bad about him as I have never been to him. As you know when you trust someone it is hard to change to another one.

Also I think you should have tests done before surgery even if you don’t go under. I am not a doctor but have 5 in my family and my ex was an anesthesiologist. (wish one of them was a PS!) Please if you are put under check the anesthesiologist’s credentials out as well as the plastic surgeon. That is your life they are working with!! You should not be coming out from being under half way through surgery and feeling pain. That is annoying but more seriously if the drug cocktail in not mixed properly you can die. This is out of love not bitching. I did not know better until I dated the ex and heard many stories not in Thailand in US!

Last note on lasers….(some people were asking in earlier threads)
I had laser resurfacing in Beverly hills in 2002. Very happy with results. I was under GA and it took a week in my house healing with bandages on my face. About a month of redness afterward. Skin texture was improved… small lines, big pores and small acne scars were gone. I had a bigger scar that was only 60% better. Have to stay out of the sun afterward.
Have not had done but many friends have and talked to doctors about:
Fraxel works on a few people not all. All lighter lasers do not work on all people and don’t go deep enough to make a huge difference and with the costs that is a big thing to risk that it may not work on you. Some of my friends like thermage but I can’t tell the difference on them and it has mixed reviews with docs I have talked to. The newer laser machines are more expensive and that is why they charge more even thought they don’t usually work as well as the original lasers. Anything new is exciting and a buzz for people so the docs have to buy them to keep up with the wants of customers.

I also have had several vitamin A peels. The deeper the better!;)

Hope this was helpful and sorry for the rambling. Also the yahoo email for charan in previous threads is not one that I have ever had in all the years I have worked with him. Again I am not a commercial for him and am open to any suggestions of newer doctors that you think are skilled artist in the Bangkok area. I have found spending a little more to begin with means you don’t spend more to go and have it redone. I also think you can have a great doctor for a great price also so please any advice is welcome.

Cheers!

hearts86

Post by hearts86 » Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:11 pm

Hi Hi

I am planning to do a rhinoplasty and alaplasty at yanhee hospital By Dr Greechart this end of march

Plus i am unsure if i am afriad that it might turn out that my nose looks bigger and more obvious because one of my friend told me that she saw this lady have the same nose as me and she did a rhinoplasty it seems that the nose look more obvious and bigger.

My nose are sharp but the problem is my tip and at the side of the flesh are super thick which looks very oversized on my face. My nostile hole are small. Look like jackie chan. Somebody please advice me please!

Dr greechart nurse told me that they will extract out the fats oil from my nose and cut at the edge and but the bridges.

Please somebody advice me.

Here is the attached picture.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5203/15515861.jpg

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:08 am

hearts86 wrote:Hi Hi

I am planning to do a rhinoplasty and alaplasty at yanhee hospital By Dr Greechart this end of march

Plus i am unsure if i am afriad that it might turn out that my nose looks bigger and more obvious because one of my friend told me that she saw this lady have the same nose as me and she did a rhinoplasty it seems that the nose look more obvious and bigger.

My nose are sharp but the problem is my tip and at the side of the flesh are super thick which looks very oversized on my face. My nostile hole are small. Look like jackie chan. Somebody please advice me please!

Dr greechart nurse told me that they will extract out the fats oil from my nose and cut at the edge and but the bridges.

Please somebody advice me.

Here is the attached picture.

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/5203/15515861.jpg
it does look a little thick, communicate well with him and ask him how he can reduce your alar more

wildchild

Post by wildchild » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 1:49 am

Hi all!

Any more reccs for rhino in bangkok? I might not be able to get to hatyai to get my nose done my dr nara so i'm thinking of alternatives in bangkok, any reccs? Thank you! :)

krispy

Re: Plastic Surgery Phuket

Post by krispy » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:30 am

Last edited by krispy on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 8:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

krispy

Post by krispy » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:35 pm

sawadika77 wrote:
rhinoceros wrote:Hi all i'm new here and am thinking of doing nose n breast surgery by dr nara.
I have a few queries n hope u can help me..(Quite a number actually...)

1) What is the minimum number of days i have to stay in hatyai?
2) About how much must i bring there?
3) Is it compulsary to stay in the hospital after breast surgery?
4) When can vthe bandage n stitches come off after nose surgery? and how about breast surgery?
5) Where does dr nara do his incisions for BA? Underarm? Under breast?
6) Can i go on air flight 3 days after both surgeries?

Hope u guys can help me..
Oh n any kakis if i decided to go?
As a former ba candidate ill give u my personal advice. lol
I chose to stay in hatya for 11 nights, reason i chose to stay that long was i wanted the stitches taken out there rather than go home and have them done. Also i heard that its best to wait few days before going
airborne, however, i remb when Dr nara came to see me at the hospital and i was moaning and asking if i could stay an extra night ( not for free was gona pay) he said to me ( something that was very surprising) that some ppl from singapore do ba overnight n next morning fly back to their country. I was like Wow, ok!!! So its an individual thing. for me i guess a 13 hour flight back to london is a no way so i had to stay max time in thailand.

As for incisions that depends on your boobs. Mine (cause of sugging due to breast feeding ) were done via nipple
As for stayin in hotel after surgery, girl where do u wanna go? to the park and play ball? lol. Trust me what you wanna do after surgery is sleep ALOT. (thats my experience anyway)

however for me it didnt go so good, i mean the surgery was okay but i couldnt keeep the antibiotic, i kept being sick ( vomit) so i had an infection and implants were taken out. BUT.. dont loose hope, its not about the doctor, there is always a chance of infection wherever you go so... geuss i wasnt that lucky. So yes, i returned back to uk without the implant... was very sad for me, but im now okay... By Gods grace.

Everything else i.e lipo i had no problem at all. I did my love hundles, and dr nara was so kind to do both top n bottom area ( of belly) as one. The love handles n stomach were done on 2 separate occasions. started with the love handles, then two days after ba did the stomach (actually his wife did it with him present)

hatyai is lovely, i loved it. stayed at lee garden. i stood out cause im black. some pple thought i was from malaysia some thought india some africa ( which is where my parents are from, tho im british) the locals are very nice and friendly. i made alot of friends as im quite a friendly person.

As for money well just calculate hhow much everything costs. what i did is call the clinic ( from hotel when i arrived) one bell boy directed me to the place ( very easy) when i got there amy( Dr. receptionist) took me to change money, in the plaza. I then returned and paid for everything in advance, i.e lipo x2 and ba. they give u a receipt in thai .

to be very honest i love thailand n the people. hatyai is safe, only noisy with budhist n fire works ( went during some festival) If your a christian theres a lovely church called hatyai christian centre. all races are there and very nnice people. They even send me a christmas card.

okay enough said...wow this is a nove. hehe, if you have any questions pls feel freee. i was once there so i know how it feels .
:???:
Last edited by krispy on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krispy

Post by krispy » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 12:56 pm

:cool:
Last edited by krispy on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 8:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

jess89

Hi!

Post by jess89 » Tue, 02 Mar 2010 11:35 pm

I've just booked an appointment with dr nara for 12 jun. Anyway interested in joining? Female preferred=) I will be doing alar and rhinoplasty fyi.

pls pm me if u r interested in joining we can split the hotel=)) hehe