Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 9:47 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi sasa,

No problem. I did it here in SG, the instruction is to wear for about 5 days. It was a few years ago, but i remembered clearly that I took it off after my follow up then went Orchard shopping on the 5th day.

You can check with your doc for further instructions. Planning to do it at nara's?

yeah, at Dr Nara.
I can't afford those in SG. :oops:
Anyway, i was wondering about the sizing cos I'm rather big size.
Then I followed the link for measurements.
can I confirm the measurement area is 2.5cm above neck level, measure the diameter there? :???:

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:00 pm

M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I didn't buy from makemeheal, just showing you the link to let u see how it looks like. The clinic nurse just decide the size & put on for me.

Wait till u're going then contact me. :)

Last time I didn't read forum, didn't know about other alternatives overseas so all done in SG, wasted alot of $.
Last edited by angelfern on Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:02 pm

Princessblue wrote:Those bring laptop, where u keep/lock the laptop?

Leave it at Dr Nara clinic?

princess,

You going alone? Which hotel you'll be staying at?
If with friends, ask them to keep for you.
If going alone then not much choice.
Either you ask the hotel staff willing to keep the luggage and lappy for you until you check in or ask the nurses at Dr Nara.
I think you wont want to bring all your stuffs to the hospital and then struggle them all back to hotel when you're discharged.
Just bring what is necessary for that few days.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:10 pm

angelfern wrote:M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I didn't buy from makemeheal, just showing you the link to let u see how it looks like. The clinic nurse just decide the size & put on for me.

Wait till u're going then contact me. :)

Last time I didn't read forum, didn't know about other alternatives overseas so all done in SG, wasted alot of $.

I did a measurement 15inches+ so should fit into M size :D
I also don't know when then go loh, need plan leave... :(
Gf (not the 1 who went with me) say i buay kia si, eyes that time swollen and bruised until so serious already, so fast thinking of going back again :lol:

Dr Nara's chin lipo pic on his webby is impressive.
What I'm just afriad is that after chin lipo, my underchin uneven :oops:

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:46 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi huskyjude,

U're doing chin implant or chin lipo? remember to get a compression garment for the face if u're doing chin lipo.

Good, u're bringing your laptop, can chat with us when u're there, help me to ask Dr Nara why he only do one part per person. Thanks!

Where's sasa05? How's your eyes & the areas that have been lipoed? Still swelling?


Thanks thanks. I will pm you now. My next surgery date is on 10-11 Dec 09 - will leave on 9 Dec - hope I can collect from you before then?

Sure, will ask that for you but i suspect it's cos he doesn't want to take the risk of revision work just like Dr. Su of Taiwan who only does primary surgery.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:47 pm

Princessblue wrote:Those bring laptop, where u keep/lock the laptop?

Leave it at Dr Nara clinic?


I leave it on 24/7 & keep it in the hotel as it's difficult to reconnect to the wireless once you dc.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:56 pm

sasa05_ wrote:
angelfern wrote:M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I didn't buy from makemeheal, just showing you the link to let u see how it looks like. The clinic nurse just decide the size & put on for me.

Wait till u're going then contact me. :)

Last time I didn't read forum, didn't know about other alternatives overseas so all done in SG, wasted alot of $.

I did a measurement 15inches+ so should fit into M size :D
I also don't know when then go loh, need plan leave... :(
Gf (not the 1 who went with me) say i buay kia si, eyes that time swollen and bruised until so serious already, so fast thinking of going back again :lol:

Dr Nara's chin lipo pic on his webby is impressive.
What I'm just afriad is that after chin lipo, my underchin uneven :oops:


I'm more worried about how the scar will be & where it's going to be? I'm gg to remind Dr. Nara to give me finer stitches.

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:42 am

sasa05_ wrote:
Princessblue wrote:Those bring laptop, where u keep/lock the laptop?

Leave it at Dr Nara clinic?

princess,

You going alone? Which hotel you'll be staying at?
If with friends, ask them to keep for you.
If going alone then not much choice.
Either you ask the hotel staff willing to keep the luggage and lappy for you until you check in or ask the nurses at Dr Nara.
I think you wont want to bring all your stuffs to the hospital and then struggle them all back to hotel when you're discharged.
Just bring what is necessary for that few days.


I very stress up looking for someone to go with me. Will be staying in hospital for about 3-4days.

Asking my SO, but he *shake head* is scare of blood. Later i still have to take care of him, which I doubt i can after the operation.

Hopefully by then I can find someone to go with me. But I don't know should I book the airtix first. worry later it will get more expensive.

Furthermore, I also doubt I could carry all the luggage alone after discharge. Maybe lightweight one is ok.
Last edited by Princessblue on Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

martzchrt
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue, 13 Jan 2009

Postby martzchrt » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:47 am

Hi All,

Any idea if Dr Nara does hair transplant? Or any dr in Haatyai does that?

Thanks :D

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:24 am

i think i may have asked this before.

Anyone recommends any good dentist in hatyai? I suddenly have a toothache and would like to check up my teeth/ annual cleansing etc. Not sure if I'm too sensitive, ever since I plucked out 3 wisdom teeth, I feel my whole teeth stack has been shifting to the left and my smile is crooked now. Not sure if I should do any braces.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:58 am

martzchrt wrote:Hi All,

Any idea if Dr Nara does hair transplant? Or any dr in Haatyai does that?

Thanks :D


Hi, I don't know about Hatyai but there's a world renowned hair tranplant doc in bkk.
http://www.hairtransinter.com/

His disciple who worked under him for a few years & set up his clinic in Phuket, price is slightly cheaper.
http://www.absolutehairclinic.com/index.html

Coincidentally, as I was looking at the phuket's doc's credentials, he was from the hatyai university so I asked him if he knew about Dr Nara, he actually said that Dr Nara was his teacher in university!

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 1:17 pm

huskyjude wrote:I'm more worried about how the scar will be & where it's going to be? I'm gg to remind Dr. Nara to give me finer stitches.

Please update here about the stitches and the results.
I'm interested in underchin lipo too.
Might go for it next year.
TIA :)

huskyjude wrote:i think i may have asked this before.

Anyone recommends any good dentist in hatyai? I suddenly have a toothache and would like to check up my teeth/ annual cleansing etc. Not sure if I'm too sensitive, ever since I plucked out 3 wisdom teeth, I feel my whole teeth stack has been shifting to the left and my smile is crooked now. Not sure if I should do any braces.

Dentist you can vist the purple signboard opp Dr Nara.
As you walk from Lee Gardens Plaza to Dr Nara, it'll be on the opp side of the road.
I did my teeth whitening there, quite happy with the results.
Don't think you can do braces there though cos they'll need to tighten evey 2-3 weeks, you can't be going there every 2-3 weeks for 1.5 - 2 years ya? :oops:

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 1:23 pm

Princessblue wrote:I very stress up looking for someone to go with me. Will be staying in hospital for about 3-4days.

Asking my SO, but he *shake head* is scare of blood. Later i still have to take care of him, which I doubt i can after the operation.

Hopefully by then I can find someone to go with me. But I don't know should I book the airtix first. worry later it will get more expensive.

Furthermore, I also doubt I could carry all the luggage alone after discharge. Maybe lightweight one is ok.

He wont go into the operation room with you so no worries about blood.
And according to what i know, a bed is provided in the same room.
He can stay in the hospital with you together for that 3-4 days.
1 room = 1 patient. (you) like our SG hospital A class ward.

You sure wont be in shape to carry all the luggage with you.
That's why i suggest only bring what you need to the hospital if you're going alone.
Perhaps you can go to the hotel and leave your luggage there and tell them you'll check in again few days later.
Explain the situation to them, i think it should be negotiable. :)

Ebony
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 21 Oct 2009
Location: singapore

Postby Ebony » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 9:37 pm

missy-me wrote:
Ebony wrote:
aadvark wrote:
missy-me wrote:i just did my nose with dr nara on 2 december and my nose is pretty swollen now. eye area is also swollen. sigh..
and the worst thing is that, it seems like there is nothing done to my nose and even my parents and siblings said so. it looks jus like my old nose, swollen.
sigh.. getting pretty depressed and anxious...

but i did saw my nose right aft the surgery and i find that it looks good. at least better then my old nose.
is it that aft all the bruising n swelling are gone, it will look exactly like wat i saw in the mirror right aft the surgery??
:cry:


yes, it shld look like ur nose that was immediately after the op, but slightly smaller, cos by time u saw shld have started to swell already.

Isn;t it amazing how some family members like to ridicule more than support? Mine would too, hence I din let them know and stayed in Hatyai for almost a week b4 returning home. Diff families have diff culture, mine likes to criticise more than compliment :P


Hi missy-me and aadvark, I have the same problem with missy-me too.. :( I did mine with Dr Puttisak on 1st dec. I like how it look when i first saw after out from the op, high brigde. But now it seem like just a bit of height. And look different for the nose i saw when i came out from op. Today is the 4rd days of op. Is it because of the swell from my eyes and make it seem like no brigde? So aadvark, will it look the same when i came out from the op just slighty smaller? Oh, when can i start shifting the implant? Cause it seem abit more to my left or maybe because it is swollen? And will the implant move downward? Will greatly appreciate..


ebony!! i feel the same way as u too!
and maybe im too paranoid, but i think my implant did shift a little to the right.. =(
i just hope all the swell will go down asap..


Missy-me did u try to shift the implant? I tried to push it and it swollen at the area where i push it. :( Luckily the swelling goes away. Now only my tip still swollen.

Aadvark may i ask you can i actually try to shift it on the 1st week after the op? Cause i read that i cant shift after 1month is it? My nose still tip still look round is it because of the swelling? After the swelling subside will it look like the nose i came out from op? Thanks in advance.

missy-me
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 18
Joined: Fri, 04 Dec 2009

Postby missy-me » Mon, 07 Dec 2009 2:40 am

Ebony wrote:
missy-me wrote:
Ebony wrote:
aadvark wrote:
missy-me wrote:i just did my nose with dr nara on 2 december and my nose is pretty swollen now. eye area is also swollen. sigh..
and the worst thing is that, it seems like there is nothing done to my nose and even my parents and siblings said so. it looks jus like my old nose, swollen.
sigh.. getting pretty depressed and anxious...

but i did saw my nose right aft the surgery and i find that it looks good. at least better then my old nose.
is it that aft all the bruising n swelling are gone, it will look exactly like wat i saw in the mirror right aft the surgery??
:cry:


yes, it shld look like ur nose that was immediately after the op, but slightly smaller, cos by time u saw shld have started to swell already.

Isn;t it amazing how some family members like to ridicule more than support? Mine would too, hence I din let them know and stayed in Hatyai for almost a week b4 returning home. Diff families have diff culture, mine likes to criticise more than compliment :P


Hi missy-me and aadvark, I have the same problem with missy-me too.. :( I did mine with Dr Puttisak on 1st dec. I like how it look when i first saw after out from the op, high brigde. But now it seem like just a bit of height. And look different for the nose i saw when i came out from op. Today is the 4rd days of op. Is it because of the swell from my eyes and make it seem like no brigde? So aadvark, will it look the same when i came out from the op just slighty smaller? Oh, when can i start shifting the implant? Cause it seem abit more to my left or maybe because it is swollen? And will the implant move downward? Will greatly appreciate..


ebony!! i feel the same way as u too!
and maybe im too paranoid, but i think my implant did shift a little to the right.. =(
i just hope all the swell will go down asap..


Missy-me did u try to shift the implant? I tried to push it and it swollen at the area where i push it. :( Luckily the swelling goes away. Now only my tip still swollen.

Aadvark may i ask you can i actually try to shift it on the 1st week after the op? Cause i read that i cant shift after 1month is it? My nose still tip still look round is it because of the swelling? After the swelling subside will it look like the nose i came out from op? Thanks in advance.


hello ebony.
nope, i did not shift the implant cuz i was pretty scared that it will become crooked. haha. but i did try to massage the nose bridge on the sides gently. now the swell at my nose and around it more or less subside already. but i kept touching my new nose bridge cuz i had no nose bridge before surgery. very shiok and happy with the results. hope it don't go down too much as i am happy with the height of my new nose now. now the tip of my nose is only a bit swollen, that's all. wish both of us a speedy recovery. :wink:


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests