Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
juizyjulz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 09 Nov 2009

Postby juizyjulz » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:37 am

EnvyMe wrote:
juizyjulz wrote:
EnvyMe wrote:I'm going at the end of January~ But I only touch on lower body, calfs and all thigh areas, cant wait to get the bulging area out~!!


dr nara replied my email and said they dun do calves...............................

i used to ballet so my calves are big...he hasnt replied afterwhich...


Before my 1st lipo with them, i mean, before they see me in real, i also asked about calves but they say they don't do it.. so i give that thought a miss.. thinking of finding other doc elsewhere for calves area.

But when I am there, Ning (Nara's wife) told me I can do my calves area because there was more fats than muscles and she was squeezing it while saying these.

So yea, I told her I'll come back next time to do~!


great...i hv hope! hahahahaha

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 11:02 am

aadvark wrote:
huskyjude wrote:
Princessblue wrote:Just to check something with you girls here.

I check Dr Nara website listed accommodation. There is this hotel "Pink Lady Hotel" and the rate is like about 600bath only. Did anyone stay there before?

Went to its website, look weird to me still got model one.

Is this hotel decent enough to stay post op?


i think i passed by before - it looks quite dodgy though i never stayed there before, think it hosts a cabaret show at certain nights. Indra Hotel is even cheaper at about 500 baht?

How about Regency Hotel - think it's 800 baht but it's at the far end, across the road from Novotel but still within walking distance from dr nara's clinic.


oh yes, regency, my fren stayed there when she went to dr nara, then she told me dun go there. the room is nice but she said the room got... u get my drift...


Understand.

Look like Lee garden good. Possible to book directly to lee garden? cheaper doing it this way?

User avatar
vivilen81
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 16 Apr 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby vivilen81 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:01 pm

aadvark wrote:some of these non-board certified plastic surgeons still do decent work, i suppose; they are not trained in plastic surgery, but they are full-fledged surgeons nonetheless, not untrained quacks, so not as bad as nara tried to put it ba?

so far, puttisak has produced very decent results, dun be too worried :)



But trained in general surgery is still different frm plastic surgery, Nara is saying they lack skills in more complicated jobs and produce inconsistency work.

Well, i hv nothing against Puttisak, my frenz noses turn out fine. But since we can choose a board-certified surgeon, why shld we settle for a non-board certified?

Puttisak's clinic open after 5 pm, Nara said becoz Puttisak is working in the hospital and he is not a qualified plastic surgeon tat why he cant operate his own clinic, tat Poly-clinic is co-owned wif other doctors.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

liposuction

Postby huskyjude » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 12:40 pm

I will be going to dr nara's clinic this 11-12 Dec 09 for thigh surgery, will probably stay three nights.

Anyone going as well and keen to share the room cost at Novotel with me, please pm me?

Btw, i'm a gal, 29. I have been to Hatyai twice and quite familiar with the place and can bring you around.

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 4:49 pm

I confirm my appointment Dr Nara already. Looking forward to it :)

Hmm I thinking how to ask if anyone want to go with me. But I think if I ask here, the chance is rare hor. Some more I'll be there at least 2weeks in March.

juizyjulz
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Mon, 09 Nov 2009

Postby juizyjulz » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 5:35 pm

Princessblue wrote:I confirm my appointment Dr Nara already. Looking forward to it :)

Hmm I thinking how to ask if anyone want to go with me. But I think if I ask here, the chance is rare hor. Some more I'll be there at least 2weeks in March.


wah, nw you book only march available ar?

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 6:52 pm

juizyjulz wrote:
Princessblue wrote:I confirm my appointment Dr Nara already. Looking forward to it :)

Hmm I thinking how to ask if anyone want to go with me. But I think if I ask here, the chance is rare hor. Some more I'll be there at least 2weeks in March.


wah, nw you book only march available ar?


He is a busy doctor. some more is late march :)

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 7:17 pm

Princess,

You mean the earliest appt now is already late mar? :o
On 13th Nov I know the dates is on early Feb, 1 week+ only already fully booked until end of Mar? :shock:

sasa05_
Regular
Regular
Posts: 122
Joined: Sat, 08 Aug 2009

Postby sasa05_ » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 8:04 pm

envyme and huskyjude,

Want to ask about your lipo results.
It has been 2 weeks post op for me, I'm still so swollen!
Had tried to reduce salt intake to reduce swelling but difficult cos eat out almost everyday, esp for lunch.
I'm on garment for at least 16 hrs a day everyday since after op.
However, no inches loss yet and my incision areas still are very swollen.
In fact, I'm still feeling soooooo sore, esp my arms :oops:

I know it'll take some time, up to few mths but I'm getting paranoid. wondering if i take too much food. :oops:
I'm taking a normal lunch and light dinner (little big of soupy stuff or porridge)
Can share what's your diet after op?

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 8:47 pm

sasa05_ wrote:Princess,

You mean the earliest appt now is already late mar? :o
On 13th Nov I know the dates is on early Feb, 1 week+ only already fully booked until end of Mar? :shock:


Maybe depend on what PS you doing :)

shan1984
Regular
Regular
Posts: 87
Joined: Sat, 17 Jun 2006

Postby shan1984 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:05 pm

anybody stay new season hotel before? i tried to book lee garden but its fully book therefore i went ahead n book new season hotel.
I will be goin to dr nara for alar and maybe rhino surgery in 2 weeks time, how long will it take for alar scar to recover after removin of stitches and the nose to look normal, as in not swollen at all.

changeinme
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Nov 2009
Location: Australia

Postby changeinme » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:42 pm

jamie82 wrote:Thanks for updating :) I can safely tell you that most doctors react that way, even the best ones. Its a reflex they have to protect their practices.


yea i totally understand but i'm still waiting on a reply about the asymmetry with epi. let's see what he says.

jamie82 wrote:Glad you saw him. Did he identify other problems apart from the blocked ducts?.


yeah the problem with lagophthalmos. he's deduced that dr nara removed too much skin. he also did a measurement between my brow and crease. 8mm he says. he commented that even trainee doctors know to leave at least 1 cm. when i told him what dr nara's reply was. he prescribed danzen tabs to help reduce inflammation and swelling. he said we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. i can't get another consult with dr chuah because he's going overseas this friday and will only be back after i leave for oz.

he referred me to another oculoplastic surgeron dr fong whom i consulted today and in her opinion it should resolve itself. http://www.eyesurgeons.com.sg/

dr fong was more optimistic during my consult. didn't sorta make me feel like it was the end of the world for me. she's told me it should resolve itself eventually. she showed me photos of her patients with eyelid muscle deficiencies and how ther after photos with eyes closed looked very shocking but resolved after 4 months. she told me that its too early at this stage for any revision (need to wait 6 months!). consulted about the asymmetry with my epi and she agreed that the right eye was undercorrected. she prefers not to do epi unless it obstructs vision. she's a plastic surgeon and her surgeries are for reconstructive rather than cosmetic purposes. i asked her if she would perform epi on me to correct the asymmetry. she told me to come back in 6 months and she will access my situation and if need be she might refer me to her contact in korea but also went on to state most surgeons in singapore would decline my request and those who do it are inexperienced. i guess only korea and taiwan have embraced this procedure and are producing factory stamped standards for results.

i believe that dr fong is a reconstructive surgeon who's seen way worse than my situation and she has more experience with eye disorders and has more patience with recovery but dr chuah on the otherhand might focus more on aesthetics and of course in those books all my problems are unacceptable esp with lagophthalmos. dr chuah is very unforgiving with mistakes comes across as a perfectionist which is good i suppose. his prices are similar to mr woffles wu! :shock:

dr fong's consult today confirmed that my infection is getting better after the flushing it seems. eyes are still watery but she told me it should go away eventually.

jamie82 wrote:We do reserve a degree of reverence for doctors in this part of the world which I think isn't entirely good. Our laws really over protect doctors here. Having said that, Doctors are human as well so what's done is done get angry with them also no use. :(

Maybe you can take more leave etc to get more healing done?


to be honest i'm not mad. as dr chuah mentioned i'm a very forgiving patient, i suppose i am to a certain extent in my mind i'll always tell myself all things will get better. with eyelid surgery though obvious asymmetry is something i cannot live with.

no more annual leave. bloody demanding job and i have to fly back to start work in 2 weeks. i hope those danzen tablets help with deswelling.

jamie82 wrote:Also, I think it would be good to get more homework done on this before you meet up with Dr. Chuah again (that is what questions to ask etc). This time you'd have to be very very specific and try as hard as it sounds to shake away the fear that you have to broach research on this topic. Any doctor, however good they are still have that "salesman" part of them which may not always be in the best interests of patients, I think the burden is on us these days to educate ourselves on the possible outcomes - then whatever the doc says eventually you can corroborate with what you've read and make the final decision.


the beauty about my problem is i'm 10 days post op and plastic surgeons don't like to cut you open until you've fully recovered. with dr chuah he seemed like a salesman. he told me consult is usually $150 but he gave me a discount for $100 and at first he told me flushing my eye is $70 but he upped it to $100? hmmm... Dr Fong told me she wouldn't have flushed anything since I'm still healing and plenty of times issues would have resolved itself without medical attention. at this point my eyes are still watery but the yellow crusty gummy eye complex is gone. the mucus is now white and healthy... sorry for the grossness.

jamie82 wrote:I really hope you get better w/o needing revision, I'm not good at saying stuff to console sometimes but I'd like to give you a big big hug.


i hope i do not need revision for the other major problem of not being able to shut my eyes completely. i feel like a complete idiot for having the surgery done but no use crying over spilt milk. i am praying that the final results would justify all these complaints as worth it. although i highly doubt it since dr fong and dr chuah have both confirmed my epi was undercorrected on the right eye causing asymmetry.

lastly jamie82 your support for an absolute stranger is very much appreciated. i don't think most people understand the extent or seriousness of complications with cosmetic procedures until it actually happens to them. with this experience i've learnt a whole lot. makes you stop think and wonder if it's all worth it. i don't really know how to deal with this except to take it a step at a time and talking about it really helps. thank you. :)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:53 pm

sasa05_ wrote:envyme and huskyjude,

Want to ask about your lipo results.
It has been 2 weeks post op for me, I'm still so swollen!
Had tried to reduce salt intake to reduce swelling but difficult cos eat out almost everyday, esp for lunch.
I'm on garment for at least 16 hrs a day everyday since after op.
However, no inches loss yet and my incision areas still are very swollen.
In fact, I'm still feeling soooooo sore, esp my arms :oops:

I know it'll take some time, up to few mths but I'm getting paranoid. wondering if i take too much food. :oops:
I'm taking a normal lunch and light dinner (little big of soupy stuff or porridge)
Can share what's your diet after op?


i did lipo on my arms, tummy & flanks. The arms were the most sore & bled the most but had the best results. I lost an inch for both arms. All my friends commented that my arms were much smaller.

For tummy & flanks, they did not bleed at all but there's not much results i find. I probably lost only half to one inch of waist. Nothing much for flanks except to accentuate your waist from the back. Nothing to shout about but for that price, i really can't complain.

I'm going back to finish up the thighs & chin (I should have done everything at one go the other time but I had no stomach for too much surgery - felt abit faint)

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:29 pm

changeinme wrote:
jamie82 wrote:Thanks for updating :) I can safely tell you that most doctors react that way, even the best ones. Its a reflex they have to protect their practices.


yea i totally understand but i'm still waiting on a reply about the asymmetry with epi. let's see what he says.

jamie82 wrote:Glad you saw him. Did he identify other problems apart from the blocked ducts?.


yeah the problem with lagophthalmos. he's deduced that dr nara removed too much skin. he also did a measurement between my brow and crease. 8mm he says. he commented that even trainee doctors know to leave at least 1 cm. when i told him what dr nara's reply was. he prescribed danzen tabs to help reduce inflammation and swelling. he said we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. i can't get another consult with dr chuah because he's going overseas this friday and will only be back after i leave for oz.

he referred me to another oculoplastic surgeron dr fong whom i consulted today and in her opinion it should resolve itself. http://www.eyesurgeons.com.sg/

dr fong was more optimistic during my consult. didn't sorta make me feel like it was the end of the world for me. she's told me it should resolve itself eventually. she showed me photos of her patients with eyelid muscle deficiencies and how ther after photos with eyes closed looked very shocking but resolved after 4 months. she told me that its too early at this stage for any revision (need to wait 6 months!). consulted about the asymmetry with my epi and she agreed that the right eye was undercorrected. she prefers not to do epi unless it obstructs vision. she's a plastic surgeon and her surgeries are for reconstructive rather than cosmetic purposes. i asked her if she would perform epi on me to correct the asymmetry. she told me to come back in 6 months and she will access my situation and if need be she might refer me to her contact in korea but also went on to state most surgeons in singapore would decline my request and those who do it are inexperienced. i guess only korea and taiwan have embraced this procedure and are producing factory stamped standards for results.

i believe that dr fong is a reconstructive surgeon who's seen way worse than my situation and she has more experience with eye disorders and has more patience with recovery but dr chuah on the otherhand might focus more on aesthetics and of course in those books all my problems are unacceptable esp with lagophthalmos. dr chuah is very unforgiving with mistakes comes across as a perfectionist which is good i suppose. his prices are similar to mr woffles wu! :shock:

dr fong's consult today confirmed that my infection is getting better after the flushing it seems. eyes are still watery but she told me it should go away eventually.

jamie82 wrote:We do reserve a degree of reverence for doctors in this part of the world which I think isn't entirely good. Our laws really over protect doctors here. Having said that, Doctors are human as well so what's done is done get angry with them also no use. :(

Maybe you can take more leave etc to get more healing done?


to be honest i'm not mad. as dr chuah mentioned i'm a very forgiving patient, i suppose i am to a certain extent in my mind i'll always tell myself all things will get better. with eyelid surgery though obvious asymmetry is something i cannot live with.

no more annual leave. bloody demanding job and i have to fly back to start work in 2 weeks. i hope those danzen tablets help with deswelling.

jamie82 wrote:Also, I think it would be good to get more homework done on this before you meet up with Dr. Chuah again (that is what questions to ask etc). This time you'd have to be very very specific and try as hard as it sounds to shake away the fear that you have to broach research on this topic. Any doctor, however good they are still have that "salesman" part of them which may not always be in the best interests of patients, I think the burden is on us these days to educate ourselves on the possible outcomes - then whatever the doc says eventually you can corroborate with what you've read and make the final decision.


the beauty about my problem is i'm 10 days post op and plastic surgeons don't like to cut you open until you've fully recovered. with dr chuah he seemed like a salesman. he told me consult is usually $150 but he gave me a discount for $100 and at first he told me flushing my eye is $70 but he upped it to $100? hmmm... Dr Fong told me she wouldn't have flushed anything since I'm still healing and plenty of times issues would have resolved itself without medical attention. at this point my eyes are still watery but the yellow crusty gummy eye complex is gone. the mucus is now white and healthy... sorry for the grossness.

jamie82 wrote:I really hope you get better w/o needing revision, I'm not good at saying stuff to console sometimes but I'd like to give you a big big hug.


i hope i do not need revision for the other major problem of not being able to shut my eyes completely. i feel like a complete idiot for having the surgery done but no use crying over spilt milk. i am praying that the final results would justify all these complaints as worth it. although i highly doubt it since dr fong and dr chuah have both confirmed my epi was undercorrected on the right eye causing asymmetry.

lastly jamie82 your support for an absolute stranger is very much appreciated. i don't think most people understand the extent or seriousness of complications with cosmetic procedures until it actually happens to them. with this experience i've learnt a whole lot. makes you stop think and wonder if it's all worth it. i don't really know how to deal with this except to take it a step at a time and talking about it really helps. thank you. :)



Dear changeinme, I apologize if my earlier posts have offended as there have been alot of suspicious posts in the cozycot forum as well as weird personal mails from other people. Moreover, what you have experienced and posted is totally different from what I have encountered.

I think Dr. Nara does not respond very well to email. Everytime I email him, I usually get only one or two liners, you would think he's nonchalent but he's very nice & reassuring in person.

If you think that you do not wish to waste time & effort going back to hatyai to look for Dr. Nara, you could perhaps give him a ring and talk to him personally. Perhaps you can get better answers. Just a suggestion.

Give it some time. The eyes usually take a longer time to deswell and usually they only look nice after 1-2 months, moreover, i think dr nara usually does full incision (as in the traditional cutting method), which will take some time to heal compared to the stitching/sutures method or mini incisions method.

If you are still unhappy with your eyes then, you can consider revision. I wouldn't recommend Singapore doctors for revision jobs esp. epi. If Korean docs (Migo etc) are too ex, you can go to Taiwan docs as well. I think Dr Chuang does revision work on epi - his primary work cost about S$1300 but revision work may cost slightly more. I am also considering to go to Dr. Chuang myself for epi.

Wish you all the best.

changeinme
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Nov 2009
Location: Australia

Postby changeinme » Wed, 25 Nov 2009 1:27 am

huskyjude wrote:Dear changeinme, I apologize if my earlier posts have offended as there have been alot of suspicious posts in the cozycot forum as well as weird personal mails from other people. Moreover, what you have experienced and posted is totally different from what I have encountered.

I think Dr. Nara does not respond very well to email. Everytime I email him, I usually get only one or two liners, you would think he's nonchalent but he's very nice & reassuring in person.

If you think that you do not wish to waste time & effort going back to hatyai to look for Dr. Nara, you could perhaps give him a ring and talk to him personally. Perhaps you can get better answers. Just a suggestion.

Give it some time. The eyes usually take a longer time to deswell and usually they only look nice after 1-2 months, moreover, i think dr nara usually does full incision (as in the traditional cutting method), which will take some time to heal compared to the stitching/sutures method or mini incisions method.

If you are still unhappy with your eyes then, you can consider revision. I wouldn't recommend Singapore doctors for revision jobs esp. epi. If Korean docs (Migo etc) are too ex, you can go to Taiwan docs as well. I think Dr Chuang does revision work on epi - his primary work cost about S$1300 but revision work may cost slightly more. I am also considering to go to Dr. Chuang myself for epi.

Wish you all the best.


it's cool. all water under the bridge. i just received a reply from dr nara. i think his followup email is rather comprehensive cos mine is too. lol. i sent him photos stated my concerns. told him my consult with the opthamologist. i got a reply for his email and he pretty much told me to follow the instructions of my opthamologist and he is fairly certain i will be able to close my eyes eventually.

his reply to my epi is rather vague. i've pretty much documented my concerns with the photos. he advised that it's too early to assess results but in his experience there shouldn't be a need for revision and went on to say plastic surgeons usually wait 6 to 12 months for a revision. i'll have to live with this for awhile and give it time.

i've also heard about dr chuangs reviews on epi. i've sent him an email about my results yesterday and i'm still waiting to hear back. i really think you should go for korea's magic epi if you can. i think dr chuang don't do magic epi but i may be wrong. i hope your outcome will be much better than mine. keep me posted


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest