Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 7:03 pm

EnvyMe wrote:
huskyjude wrote:i think novotel is the best, in terms of room, service & breakfast but it's abit ex, especially if you require internet, the internet rate is a killer.

I found that Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel has quite bad service (nonchalent & unwilling to help) & it's breakfast really sucks. But it offers free wireless internet (speed is not bad) and its inroom service is quite delicious & affordable.


Yesyes! I agreed Lee Gardens Plaza service and attitude is quite bad!!! They don't serve with smiles and all like what I'd experienced in Bkk. Totally different although they're Thais. Can't blame, BKK is a tourist place.

Anyway, the breakfast is reallly really reallly sucks. The only thing nice is the pineapple juice. LOL. Good, just nice for people who go there for PS.


Hi envyme & huskyjude,

I intend to stay one week for each session next year. Will be quite ex if I stay 7 days at Novotel. It's about USD $70 per day, that means about $98 each day? I think the internet charges is a killer, so ex, how to post my experience in Novotel?

Princessblue
Member
Member
Posts: 27
Joined: Sun, 15 Nov 2009

Postby Princessblue » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 7:04 pm

huskyjude wrote:
i booked online the first time. Then i realised it's cheaper to just buy a hotel voucher from a travel agency once you reach hatyai, the second time i went there with a friend.


I see, as I will be staying there for about 3weeks, so kind of worry cannot find a hotel once I reach there.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 8:51 pm

Princessblue wrote:
huskyjude wrote:
i booked online the first time. Then i realised it's cheaper to just buy a hotel voucher from a travel agency once you reach hatyai, the second time i went there with a friend.


I see, as I will be staying there for about 3weeks, so kind of worry cannot find a hotel once I reach there.


don't worry, there are alot of hotels in hatyai, they are all over the place. Frankly, not much tourists nowsaday there. If you are really afraid, maybe try to book the first two days, then extend the stay by purchasing those hotel vouchers.

Are you bringing a notebook along? If you are going Lee Gardens Plaza, remember to ask for a room on a floor with wireless internet access. Otherwise, Novotel is a better choice.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Tue, 26 Jul 2005

Postby huskyjude » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 8:56 pm

angelfern wrote:
EnvyMe wrote:
huskyjude wrote:i think novotel is the best, in terms of room, service & breakfast but it's abit ex, especially if you require internet, the internet rate is a killer.

I found that Lee Gardens Plaza Hotel has quite bad service (nonchalent & unwilling to help) & it's breakfast really sucks. But it offers free wireless internet (speed is not bad) and its inroom service is quite delicious & affordable.


Yesyes! I agreed Lee Gardens Plaza service and attitude is quite bad!!! They don't serve with smiles and all like what I'd experienced in Bkk. Totally different although they're Thais. Can't blame, BKK is a tourist place.

Anyway, the breakfast is reallly really reallly sucks. The only thing nice is the pineapple juice. LOL. Good, just nice for people who go there for PS.


Hi envyme & huskyjude,

I intend to stay one week for each session next year. Will be quite ex if I stay 7 days at Novotel. It's about USD $70 per day, that means about $98 each day? I think the internet charges is a killer, so ex, how to post my experience in Novotel?


envyme, ya the service sucks totally! If not for the internet access, I really can't be bothered with that place. The room & toiletries weren't that great either.

Angelfern, try to get someone else to go with you or get someone from this forum, then can share the hotel room cost. I remember someone trying Indra Hotel saying it's not that bad, quite clean but I dare not try it myself because I was alone then & Indra Hotel look quite dodgy. It's just next to Dr. Nara's clinic.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 172
Joined: Thu, 21 May 2009
Location: singapore

Postby angelfern » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 9:30 pm

Thanks huskyjude,

I'll prefer to stay in Novotel, seems nicer than LGP, especially after all the feedback but considering we're paying double the price yet cannot enjoy free internet services is such a bummer.

Or like what you suggested, maybe i'll buy the hotel voucher for 2 nights in LGP then if really don't like it will switch to Novotel.

I'll be going with my sister but she's blackmailing me, i've to pay for all the air tix, hotel stay & expenses etc. So my trip is very costly, haha!

User avatar
vivilen81
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 16 Apr 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby vivilen81 » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 9:43 pm

hibear wrote:I just read yr post saying tat dr putt is not qualified to perform ps i really feel like a screaming at the top of my lung :x how now really hope that nothing goes wrong. how many of yr friends had rhino done by dr putt and what their recovery like



2 of them hd done wif Puttisak, luckily they turn out fine. I met him be4 at first i find him very friendly and detailed in explaination, nw after my talk wif Nara then i realised it was all coax.

I even recommend 1 or 2 forumers to Puttisak coz my frenz nose results quite gd, but i tink they are fine too. If not, I will feel guilty.

Nara said Puttisak lack skills n experience in complicated jobs, his works sometimes gd and sometimes bad. Inconsistency work. :)

hibear
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Mon, 02 Nov 2009

Postby hibear » Mon, 23 Nov 2009 10:16 pm

vivilen81 wrote:
hibear wrote:I just read yr post saying tat dr putt is not qualified to perform ps i really feel like a screaming at the top of my lung :x how now really hope that nothing goes wrong. how many of yr friends had rhino done by dr putt and what their recovery like



2 of them hd done wif Puttisak, luckily they turn out fine. I met him be4 at first i find him very friendly and detailed in explaination, nw after my talk wif Nara then i realised it was all coax.

I even recommend 1 or 2 forumers to Puttisak coz my frenz nose results quite gd, but i tink they are fine too. If not, I will feel guilty.

Nara said Puttisak lack skills n experience in complicated jobs, his works sometimes gd and sometimes bad. Inconsistency work. :)


Mine is just small work done not complicated hopefully nothing happen. Now just abit swelling no bruising just pray hard that there is no complication.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 1:48 am

huskyjude wrote:
Princessblue wrote:Just to check something with you girls here.

I check Dr Nara website listed accommodation. There is this hotel "Pink Lady Hotel" and the rate is like about 600bath only. Did anyone stay there before?

Went to its website, look weird to me still got model one.

Is this hotel decent enough to stay post op?


i think i passed by before - it looks quite dodgy though i never stayed there before, think it hosts a cabaret show at certain nights. Indra Hotel is even cheaper at about 500 baht?

How about Regency Hotel - think it's 800 baht but it's at the far end, across the road from Novotel but still within walking distance from dr nara's clinic.


oh yes, regency, my fren stayed there when she went to dr nara, then she told me dun go there. the room is nice but she said the room got... u get my drift...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Ebony
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 21 Oct 2009
Location: singapore

Postby Ebony » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 1:56 am

hibear wrote:
vivilen81 wrote:
hibear wrote:I just read yr post saying tat dr putt is not qualified to perform ps i really feel like a screaming at the top of my lung :x how now really hope that nothing goes wrong. how many of yr friends had rhino done by dr putt and what their recovery like



2 of them hd done wif Puttisak, luckily they turn out fine. I met him be4 at first i find him very friendly and detailed in explaination, nw after my talk wif Nara then i realised it was all coax.

I even recommend 1 or 2 forumers to Puttisak coz my frenz nose results quite gd, but i tink they are fine too. If not, I will feel guilty.

Nara said Puttisak lack skills n experience in complicated jobs, his works sometimes gd and sometimes bad. Inconsistency work. :)


Mine is just small work done not complicated hopefully nothing happen. Now just abit swelling no bruising just pray hard that there is no complication.


Oh no, is it true? :shock: Hibear, what did you did? Rhino? If it is, what kind of implant he use? Can you send me a pic of your nose if you dont mind? How many days after sugery? I am so worried now. Will greatly appreciate if you can. But i had already booked the plane ticket and hotel. :? Oh did you take sinecch before the op? I am going on 1st dec to do rhino and maybe chin.

changeinme
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Nov 2009
Location: Australia

Postby changeinme » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 1:57 am

aadvark wrote:
huskyjude wrote:
Princessblue wrote:Just to check something with you girls here.

I check Dr Nara website listed accommodation. There is this hotel "Pink Lady Hotel" and the rate is like about 600bath only. Did anyone stay there before?

Went to its website, look weird to me still got model one.

Is this hotel decent enough to stay post op?


i think i passed by before - it looks quite dodgy though i never stayed there before, think it hosts a cabaret show at certain nights. Indra Hotel is even cheaper at about 500 baht?

How about Regency Hotel - think it's 800 baht but it's at the far end, across the road from Novotel but still within walking distance from dr nara's clinic.


oh yes, regency, my fren stayed there when she went to dr nara, then she told me dun go there. the room is nice but she said the room got... u get my drift...


oh my gosh... thats messed up!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 2:17 am

Ebony wrote:
hibear wrote:
vivilen81 wrote:
hibear wrote:I just read yr post saying tat dr putt is not qualified to perform ps i really feel like a screaming at the top of my lung :x how now really hope that nothing goes wrong. how many of yr friends had rhino done by dr putt and what their recovery like



2 of them hd done wif Puttisak, luckily they turn out fine. I met him be4 at first i find him very friendly and detailed in explaination, nw after my talk wif Nara then i realised it was all coax.

I even recommend 1 or 2 forumers to Puttisak coz my frenz nose results quite gd, but i tink they are fine too. If not, I will feel guilty.

Nara said Puttisak lack skills n experience in complicated jobs, his works sometimes gd and sometimes bad. Inconsistency work. :)


Mine is just small work done not complicated hopefully nothing happen. Now just abit swelling no bruising just pray hard that there is no complication.


Oh no, is it true? :shock: Hibear, what did you did? Rhino? If it is, what kind of implant he use? Can you send me a pic of your nose if you dont mind? How many days after sugery? I am so worried now. Will greatly appreciate if you can. But i had already booked the plane ticket and hotel. :? Oh did you take sinecch before the op? I am going on 1st dec to do rhino and maybe chin.


some of these non-board certified plastic surgeons still do decent work, i suppose; they are not trained in plastic surgery, but they are full-fledged surgeons nonetheless, not untrained quacks, so not as bad as nara tried to put it ba?

so far, puttisak has produced very decent results, dun be too worried :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Ebony
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed, 21 Oct 2009
Location: singapore

Postby Ebony » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 2:22 am

vivilen81 wrote:
Ebony wrote:Hi, i will be going to Hatyai on dec. Is Dr Puttisak good on Rhinoplasty? Greatly appreciate the help and info.



Pls read my previous post! Dr Nara said only Board certified plastic surgeons is a qualified surgeon, Dr Puttisak is only Board of general surgery, he shouldn't perform plastic surgery as he is illegal, thailand law is trying to get rid of them, but many such surgeons is very gd at covering their act.

I was mislead by Puttisak too, even recommend my frenz to him, luckily their noses came out fine.

I cross my heart, every single word is said by Dr Nara.


Shit, i just saw. But i had already booked my appointment , plane and hotel already! :???: Vivilen81, have you do any op with Dr Putt?

changeinme
Member
Member
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed, 18 Nov 2009
Location: Australia

Postby changeinme » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 2:31 am

so guys just an update on my situation. i emailed nara about my eyes not being able to shut fully after surgery. same thing now and i'm 10 days post op. asked if he removed too much skin. he seemed rather offended saying he is a qualified plastic surgeon i did not remove too much skin and not to worry about my eyes not shutting now since its still swollen. now i just sent him another email about asymmetry with the epi.

i went and got a second opinion from an opthamologist aka oculoplastic surgeon today introduced by jamie82 cos of my watery eyes. i was also concerned about the major assymetry in nara's epi and i've noticed it even while the stitches were on. it seems as though the stiches were closer to my eye on the right as compared to the left. i put it off to swelling at first but realised that it's pretty major.

watery eyes was due to blocked tear ducts. i had a major infection going on with the wounds and i suppose i'm not surprised seeing i was sweating due to heat from surgery, perfect breeding temp for bacteria. he tried flushing my tear ducts i still got 1 blocked tear duct in each eye (i think theres 2 in 1 eye?). the doc was passionately peeved about the results of my surgery. long story short i told him what nara said and he said we'll give him the benefit of the doubt since you're 10 days post op. gave me anti-biotics and eyedrops and also danzen tabs to clear pus. i have to do deep massage inner corner of my eye area to try and clear out the other 2 ducts. doc didn't flush i was in that much pain and he couldnt get the wire through.

that many complications from this surgery made me wonder why i did it there. i mean is it just my luck? everyone seems happy with their results and the doc said i'm such a forgiving patient? i should be furious? hmm.. now him saying that makes me worry. my epi asymmetry he told me all oculoplastic surgeons in singapore would avoid it to death due to major scarring. he told me he would try and fix it for me but he's going on annual leave this friday and i leave singapore back overseas for work by the time he's back i'll be gone. i'll have to live with this for awhile. dying of regret now. i have to tape my eyelids shut too. god be with me.

anyone who wants pics just pm me your email.
Last edited by changeinme on Wed, 25 Nov 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 2:53 am

changeinme wrote:so guys just an update on my situation. i emailed nara about my eyes not being able to shut fully after surgery. same thing now and i'm 10 days post op. asked if he removed too much skin. he seemed rather offended saying he is a qualified plastic surgeon i did not remove too much skin and not to worry about my eyes not shutting now since its still swollen. now i just sent him another email about asymmetry with the epi.

i went and got a second opinion from an opthamologist aka oculoplastic surgeon today introduced by jamie82 cos of my watery eyes. i was also concerned about the major assymetry in nara's epi and i've noticed it even while the stitches were on. it seems as though the stiches were closer to my eye on the right as compared to the left. i put it off to swelling at first but realised that it's pretty major.

watery eyes was due to blocked tear ducts. i had a major infection going on with the wounds and i suppose i'm not surprised seeing i was sweating due to heat from surgery, perfect breeding temp for bacteria. he tried flushing my tear ducts i still got 1 blocked tear duct in each eye (i think theres 2 in 1 eye?). the doc was passionately peeved about the results of my surgery. long story short i told him what nara said and he said we'll give him the benefit of the doubt since you're 10 days post op. gave me anti-biotics and eyedrops and also danzen tabs to clear pus. i have to do deep massage inner corner of my eye area to try and clear out the other 2 ducts. doc didn't flush i was in that much pain and he couldnt get the wire through.

that many complications from this surgery made me wonder why i did it there. i mean is it just my luck? everyone seems happy with their results and the doc said i'm such a forgiving patient? i should be furious? hmm.. now him saying that makes me worry. my epi asymmetry he told me all oculoplastic surgeons in singapore would avoid it to death due to major scarring. he told me he would try and fix it for me but he's going on annual leave this friday and i leave singapore back overseas for work by the time he's back i'll be gone. i'll have to live with this for awhile. dying of regret now. i have to tape my eyelids shit too. god be with me.

anyone who wants pics just pm me your email.


if after 2-3 weeks and still not getting better, i wld advise u get it fixed, cos swelling shld have subsided by then
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

jamie82
Regular
Regular
Posts: 100
Joined: Fri, 25 Jul 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby jamie82 » Tue, 24 Nov 2009 9:10 am

so guys just an update on my situation. i emailed nara about my eyes not being able to shut fully after surgery. same thing now and i'm 10 days post op. asked if he removed too much skin. he seemed rather offended saying he is a qualified plastic surgeon i did not remove too much skin and not to worry about my eyes not shutting now since its still swollen. now i just sent him another email about asymmetry with the epi.


Thanks for updating :) I can safely tell you that most doctors react that way, even the best ones. Its a reflex they have to protect their practices.

i went and got a second opinion from an opthamologist aka oculoplastic surgeon today introduced by jamie82 cos of my watery eyes. i was also concerned about the major assymetry in nara's epi and i've noticed it even while the stitches were on. it seems as though the stiches were closer to my eye on the right as compared to the left. i put it off to swelling at first but realised that it's pretty major.

watery eyes was due to blocked tear ducts. i had a major infection going on with the wounds and i suppose i'm not surprised seeing i was sweating due to heat from surgery, perfect breeding temp for bacteria. he tried flushing my tear ducts i still got 1 blocked tear duct in each eye (i think theres 2 in 1 eye?). the doc was passionately peeved about the results of my surgery. long story short i told him what nara said and he said we'll give him the benefit of the doubt since you're 10 days post op. gave me anti-biotics and eyedrops and also danzen tabs to clear pus. i have to do deep massage inner corner of my eye area to try and clear out the other 2 ducts. doc didn't flush i was in that much pain and he couldnt get the wire through.


Glad you saw him. Did he identify other problems apart from the blocked ducts?

that many complications from this surgery made me wonder why i did it there. i mean is it just my luck? everyone seems happy with their results and the doc said i'm such a forgiving patient? i should be furious? hmm.. now him saying that makes me worry. my epi asymmetry he told me all oculoplastic surgeons in singapore would avoid it to death due to major scarring. he told me he would try and fix it for me but he's going on annual leave this friday and i leave singapore back overseas for work by the time he's back i'll be gone. i'll have to live with this for awhile. dying of regret now. i have to tape my eyelids shit too. god be with me.



We do reserve a degree of reverence for doctors in this part of the world which I think isn't entirely good. Our laws really over protect doctors here. Having said that, Doctors are human as well so what's done is done get angry with them also no use. :(

Maybe you can take more leave etc to get more healing done?

Also, I think it would be good to get more homework done on this before you meet up with Dr. Chuah again (that is what questions to ask etc). This time you'd have to be very very specific and try as hard as it sounds to shake away the fear that you have to broach research on this topic. Any doctor, however good they are still have that "salesman" part of them which may not always be in the best interests of patients, I think the burden is on us these days to educate ourselves on the possible outcomes - then whatever the doc says eventually you can corroborate with what you've read and make the final decision.

I really hope you get better w/o needing revision, I'm not good at saying stuff to console sometimes but I'd like to give you a big big hug.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest