Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
bumperkiss2

Postby bumperkiss2 » Tue, 18 Dec 2007 8:09 pm

snowss wrote:Hi there

I am going to Bangkok next month from 23 Jan to 26 Jan, was initially thinking of going to Dr Sukit at YanHee hospital...but after hearing so much raves here. I might be considering Dr Nara...

But the problem is.....how to travel frm Bangkok to Hatyai??

I am doing rhinoplasty, I heard abt removing the stitches after 6days....we have to get the doctor to do it or I can do it myself :-k

I'm taking the 6am flight from BKK to HDY on the 22nd Jan. Be staying at Lee Plaza. We could meet up there! Nurse our post PS trauma lol.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 1:49 am

bumperkiss2 wrote:
snowss wrote:Hi there

I am going to Bangkok next month from 23 Jan to 26 Jan, was initially thinking of going to Dr Sukit at YanHee hospital...but after hearing so much raves here. I might be considering Dr Nara...

But the problem is.....how to travel frm Bangkok to Hatyai??

I am doing rhinoplasty, I heard abt removing the stitches after 6days....we have to get the doctor to do it or I can do it myself :-k

I'm taking the 6am flight from BKK to HDY on the 22nd Jan. Be staying at Lee Plaza. We could meet up there! Nurse our post PS trauma lol.

hi,

I am touching down in BKK on the 23rd Jan ard 8am plus....

I am actually quite in a dilemma whether to go to HDY...coze if i were to go HDY...I will have to fly back to BKK. Not sure if it is advisable to fly after surgery :o

Coze my initial plan was to go BKK for holiday...booked the tix like 3 mths back...Going to Thailand for PS is like a last min decision(but have long ago wanted to do PS)

If it is advisable for me to fly aft surgery, I confirm will meet u there

Now, I guess I will have to head to YanHee O:)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 3:57 am

mbk wrote:
snowss wrote:Ya, tats exactly I would like to know too...

Is it safe for me to fly back to Bangkok rite after surgery? Will the air pressure cause my nose to "shift" to sumthing...or block my blood pressure...

Can anyone kindly advise :wink:

5-7 days safe to fly back.

shouldn't affect your blood pressure, air pressure affects my ears, never blocked my nose b4... not sure whether others are same as me

i flew off on the 4th day after my suregeries last year...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 3:59 am

deelady wrote:
aadvark wrote:Hi I am new here, however i have read through the thread.
I am interested in doing Rhinoplasty.

Just a few things to clarify, hope u all can help me:

1) Rhinoplasty and nose implant is the same right, just a different term being used ya? yup

2) I know a few of u have went for the nose job, and it's so troublesome to take care of it after that ya.
So no contact with water means for that whole recovery period washing face is a nono?
then if bathing and water is not allow to drip down?
or a slight contact is fine but must clean it away immediately?
i avoided the face lor, showering, can avoid the face ma... face area clean with damp cloth then dry immediately

3) what happen if during the healing period and u happen to sneeze, how? will it affect or spoil everything?
sneezing is fine la, nose will feel sore, just control the sneeze, louder you sneeze the more painful

4) for alar, usually u got it done there and got ur stithes removed in Singapore?
6 days later then can remove stitches, so if you dun want to stay there so long, remove back in sg lor

5) For implant I or L shape better, will DR Nana give suggestion?
Haha, it's Dr Nara (a man), not Dr Nana. Dr Nara only does closed rhino, silicon L-shaped implant so you dun have a choice

6) So after the nose surgery right, sleeping will be difficult right, every action is not to hurt ur nose right?
Hmmm, not sure about you all, but when i sleep seldom will touch my nose la, be it on back or on side, so wasn't a problem... something touching ur nose wun be painful unless pressure is applied... so if you tend to sleep halfway and bury your nose into your pillow, then might be a problem...

Sorry for asking so many questions(to all), then again this whole forum is really very informational! Totally great help.
Thank you very much in advance

Hey thanks so much for the reply.

One more question, silicon and gortex. same?

pros and cons, think you can find a few such articles through google
Dr Nara only does silicon tho...

ppl please correct me if i'm wrong; gist of it, silicon is more defined, goretex less risk of rejection

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 4:05 am

leaving in 3 hrs time for dr nara, fingers crossed! :P
updates when we get back :)

happyliving

Infection?

Postby happyliving » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 7:54 am

How how how??? My nose now is swollen. Feel pain, tightness and itchy. Anyone experience this before? Today already my 15days after PS. What should I do now? Go GP, Polyclinic, hospital or fly back to Nara?? :???:
Will my case be like Jang and got to remove implant? :cry:

Youkihi

Postby Youkihi » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 12:23 pm

happyliving: I think it's good to consult a gp first. If unsure, would be referred to a hospital. Good luck! Hope your nose would be all okay soon.

aadvark: Good luck~ All the best!

lemongrass456

Re: Infection?

Postby lemongrass456 » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 1:18 pm

happyliving wrote:How how how??? My nose now is swollen. Feel pain, tightness and itchy. Anyone experience this before? Today already my 15days after PS. What should I do now? Go GP, Polyclinic, hospital or fly back to Nara?? :???:

Hi Happyliving,

When the pain & itchness started ? Could it be due to seafood.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Postby princessli » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 2:12 pm

Is there any redness? itchy at the site of wound or? Has the pain increased since beginning of surgery? swelling as well?

luv_tee

Re: Infection?

Postby luv_tee » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 3:46 pm

happyliving wrote:How how how??? My nose now is swollen. Feel pain, tightness and itchy. Anyone experience this before? Today already my 15days after PS. What should I do now? Go GP, Polyclinic, hospital or fly back to Nara?? :???:

Hi happyliving,

the healing rate depends on each individual actually. i don't think you need to fly back to nara! :? like what aadvark said, his eyelids also took longer than normal pple to heal but in the end also heal nicely! so perhaps you don't need to worry too much. best if you want can consult an aesthetic doc bah.

i do feel tightness especially around the tip area! itch only a bit, after the 6 day, around the alar stitches. yup... hope it helps!

luv_tee

Postby luv_tee » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 3:51 pm

Snowss-

nara uses GA so will be totally knocked out. but i woke up halfway during the op.... but no worries, no pain at all, can only hear nara talking to nurses and see him working on ur face. i felt bored so after a while i fell asleep.

anyway, nara's nurse will def advise you more abt the post op procedures so there is no need to worry excessively! :)

i think can't really touch water untill the alar stitches are removed.... around 6 days.

princessli
Chatter
Chatter

Postby princessli » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 5:34 pm

i think u shd get it checked if it is a Sudden increase in pain, redness or swelling

snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Postby snowss » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 5:46 pm

any idea for rhinoplasty do i need to go back to remove the stitches?

simplegal84
Regular
Regular

Postby simplegal84 » Wed, 19 Dec 2007 7:25 pm

no, u can get any local GP to remove for you.

luv_tee, for alar/rhino, i thought the stitches are dissolvable?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Thu, 20 Dec 2007 12:41 am

we just did our surgeries at Nara's

Lazy did dbl eyelid, mewmewzz did rhino, i did alar and dimples
i wanted to do more, but he keep saying i dun need, even if do, wun see much effect, waste money...

so i decided to save the money and made an appt with tokai clinic for this friday for jaw implants, see how it goes...

happyliving, we told Nara about your case, he said you should call him immediately