Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
avbs
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu, 23 Jul 2009

Postby avbs » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 2:41 pm

Hi i'm a silent reader here.

I have booked 17,18,19 aug with Dr Nara but I am unable to make it due to work. Anyone would like to change dates with me? Am looking for dates >21 aug onwards. Even it is only 2 days also can be discussed!

Thanks

Melissa :)

crispypanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2009

Re: BA + Double Eyelids

Postby crispypanda » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 3:40 pm

perfectcut22 wrote:
crispypanda wrote:
perfectcut22 wrote:COngratulations babe... Wow, i wonder how is it like when i do my BA this november. So u dun feel anything at all during the surgery in the hospital??? Knock out right after the injection of GA???? How was it like???


Thanks! Good luck to you (: Nope, not at all. Frankly, I'm not sure what they did to me also aha. The anesthesiologist just came to me and asked for my name, intro-ed herself and said 'Okay, we're gonna put you to sleep, you'll wake up and everything'll be done.' Then she put a gas mask on me and got me to breathe in deeply, she said it was 'pure oxygen' (something along those lines). I was still thinking oh so exciting! So when are they gonna jab me? After this oxygen thing? Next thing I know I was in my ward with a baby elephant on my chest (felt like it) Perhaps the aesthetic was in gas form?

Oh. One thing I forgot to mention. The bandage that they stuck to my left incision was bloody, so the nurse had to change. She kinda RIPPED the tape off my skin and that bloody hurt cause its very close to the incision and the tape was god-like sticky. In the end the new bandage was bloody as well. Bah. ): Remember to ask them to be gentle!


Thanks for sharing babe, it really helps. U mean u just breath in the gas then u concuss arh?? Wah, what if i breathe le then i havent totally concuss then they cut me, i sure faint!!! Haha...

How many cc did u do? What size are you? Are u happy with this size? When are u able to walk around, after how many days and how many days after did u remove stitches??


No problem. Yep, pretty much so, breathe and K.O. Eh, I don't think so la.. If that really happens you can sue them leh.

I think it was 260 cc.. I haven't gotten myself measured yet, maybe after a month. Initially I was rather on the fence cause if you just look at the implant itself, you'd feel it's so tiny. But bear in mind that it'll look different when it conforms to your body + your own tissue. Now I look at it, I'm quite happy. Looks natural and for my frame, it's just nice. I wasn't aiming for a huge rack in the first place, but this is really more then a (boys) handfull. Talking about big hands here. So I'm satisfied. (:

crispypanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2009

Postby crispypanda » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 3:59 pm

Brenton wrote:Kensen, Crispypanda:

Yup for me, until the 2nd month, i still think my eyelids are very swollen....
So i sorta "ignore" it....

Now it's 3 months post surgery...And it's looking damn natural already...
can't wait for the 6 month milestone and 1 yr milestone..

Well, i went for a radiofrequency treatment...It's is supposed to reduce swelling and water retention...thus making it look less swollen.
It was very effective for the girl that went to do as she did continuously for a few days...

I did the treatment only twice, spaced out between two weeks, so it wasn't that effective.

Was the treatment useful? I would say yes and no, cos if you dun sleep well enough or have too much salt intake, the swelling/water retention will come back.

I rather you spend the money on good food or bird nest, eat good and feel good.

Regarding eyes, i think it's either you be patience or be ignorant..hahaha


Oh no, I have bad sleeping habits also. When I was there, all I wanted to do was sleep, now that I'm back in sg I'm up till like 3 or 4am. Damn. Cause my lids are swollen it looks a little strange when I put on eyeliner (just a thin line), yesterday an aunty commented that I look tired :,(

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2009

Re: BA + Double Eyelids

Postby perfectcut22 » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 6:50 pm

crispypanda wrote:
perfectcut22 wrote:
crispypanda wrote:
perfectcut22 wrote:COngratulations babe... Wow, i wonder how is it like when i do my BA this november. So u dun feel anything at all during the surgery in the hospital??? Knock out right after the injection of GA???? How was it like???


Thanks! Good luck to you (: Nope, not at all. Frankly, I'm not sure what they did to me also aha. The anesthesiologist just came to me and asked for my name, intro-ed herself and said 'Okay, we're gonna put you to sleep, you'll wake up and everything'll be done.' Then she put a gas mask on me and got me to breathe in deeply, she said it was 'pure oxygen' (something along those lines). I was still thinking oh so exciting! So when are they gonna jab me? After this oxygen thing? Next thing I know I was in my ward with a baby elephant on my chest (felt like it) Perhaps the aesthetic was in gas form?

Oh. One thing I forgot to mention. The bandage that they stuck to my left incision was bloody, so the nurse had to change. She kinda RIPPED the tape off my skin and that bloody hurt cause its very close to the incision and the tape was god-like sticky. In the end the new bandage was bloody as well. Bah. ): Remember to ask them to be gentle!


Thanks for sharing babe, it really helps. U mean u just breath in the gas then u concuss arh?? Wah, what if i breathe le then i havent totally concuss then they cut me, i sure faint!!! Haha...

How many cc did u do? What size are you? Are u happy with this size? When are u able to walk around, after how many days and how many days after did u remove stitches??


No problem. Yep, pretty much so, breathe and K.O. Eh, I don't think so la.. If that really happens you can sue them leh.

I think it was 260 cc.. I haven't gotten myself measured yet, maybe after a month. Initially I was rather on the fence cause if you just look at the implant itself, you'd feel it's so tiny. But bear in mind that it'll look different when it conforms to your body + your own tissue. Now I look at it, I'm quite happy. Looks natural and for my frame, it's just nice. I wasn't aiming for a huge rack in the first place, but this is really more then a (boys) handfull. Talking about big hands here. So I'm satisfied. (:


Okay, so now, i am really contemplating to do with nara or putt. Faint!!!

perfectcut22
Regular
Regular
Posts: 81
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2009

Postby perfectcut22 » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 7:03 pm

My bf advise me to stick to nara cuz most of the people here done by nara and rave abt him.

Now i am so fickle, dunno how...

anteos
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 13
Joined: Wed, 03 Jun 2009
Location: singapore

Postby anteos » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 8:43 pm

ive done my nose job, in the 2006 in singapore. and it turns out so bad, he is from raffles hospital, even my friend silicon came out in a sudden, and now left a big hole in the middle of her nose.

I wanted to redo my nose again in thailand-may be, my nose is bulky and very big in the tip after the op at that raffles doc. and Im quite angry at him that time, he says just re do then, and I need to pay another 3k sgd. and I left at that day.

the thing is, my friend when she wanted to redo her nose job, her doc asked her to take out the silicon at first, which is making a hole in the tip of her nose for a year, and she need to rest till at least a year to do the op again.

Im worried, I wanted to do my nose job again, as seriously this nose is very2 ugly. but I dont want to have a hole in the tip of my nose for a year, dude, i can imagine people will stare at me and look at me in a strange way.

my partner didnt allowed me to do it again, since she doesnt want me to have that hole.. =(

I've contacted dr,putt by email. still waiting for his reply.

what about stitching only? is that help?

[img=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2070/n7099672089416225924.jpg]

my nose.. =(
there is someone thats richer, prettier, and famous than you. take it easy, you aint all that.

kaya_toast
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue, 02 Jun 2009

Postby kaya_toast » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 9:49 pm

Dear crispypanda,

Where is your incision points? What is the down time?

Envy your leh... So tempted...

Berserkmind
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu, 16 Apr 2009

Postby Berserkmind » Thu, 23 Jul 2009 10:46 pm

I booked Dr. Nara in end Aug, intend to do arms lipo, cheek and chin implants. I just did buccal fat removal by the way. Any advice for me on downtime, degree of pain, and recovery stages? Thanks y'all in advance :D

Melissa, i might be keen to take up your slot in Mid August, but i have to check first. I dont have pm function, so can you email me at berserkmind@gmail.com ?
Thanks!

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Brenton » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 9:55 am

crispypanda wrote:
Brenton wrote:Kensen, Crispypanda:

Yup for me, until the 2nd month, i still think my eyelids are very swollen....
So i sorta "ignore" it....

Now it's 3 months post surgery...And it's looking damn natural already...
can't wait for the 6 month milestone and 1 yr milestone..

Well, i went for a radiofrequency treatment...It's is supposed to reduce swelling and water retention...thus making it look less swollen.
It was very effective for the girl that went to do as she did continuously for a few days...

I did the treatment only twice, spaced out between two weeks, so it wasn't that effective.

Was the treatment useful? I would say yes and no, cos if you dun sleep well enough or have too much salt intake, the swelling/water retention will come back.

I rather you spend the money on good food or bird nest, eat good and feel good.

Regarding eyes, i think it's either you be patience or be ignorant..hahaha


Oh no, I have bad sleeping habits also. When I was there, all I wanted to do was sleep, now that I'm back in sg I'm up till like 3 or 4am. Damn. Cause my lids are swollen it looks a little strange when I put on eyeliner (just a thin line), yesterday an aunty commented that I look tired :,(


I also had very bad sleeping habits...usually up till 3 or 4am....and when i am too engrossed in some ps3 games, i would be playing till 6 or 7am in the morning...very bad for skin and health, am trying to change now too..

For the older generation, they always think not enough sleep will result in double eyelid...i got that comment a few times before also....but at least now, getting better le.

Change your habit ba! for the sake of beauty..lol

maryjanepkt27
Member
Member
Posts: 20
Joined: Thu, 16 Jul 2009

Postby maryjanepkt27 » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 9:59 am

pootie wrote:Can anyone advise me how long is the down time for chin implant? i'll be getting mine done on 7 Aug and heading back to work on 11 Aug. My chin implant will be done inside at the lower lips as advised by doc. :)

and how long will i not be able to eat? thanks so much. :)


Hi pootie..im plannin my chin surgery next wk & im scared stiff..also intra-oral..theres so many tgs to worry abt, like the shape of ur mouth may be different, u may loose ur lip senses, mouth muscles may be weaker, cutting of nerves, great pain cse the cut is done intra-oral & u wun b able to eat, smile or tok properly..i tell u, as the days draw nearer, u wl start questioning yourself & if tis is d rite tg to do..my hubby is not helping either lor..he kips saying i dun nid tis n tht my chin is orite :( .. i wana chicken out, but tis is wat ive always wanted so i may regret if i bac out now..

bac to ur qtn, my frd who had it done says u cant eat properly for a week n wl lose wgt..i took a 5 days leave so tht i can heal properly..but it depends on individual, some may heal faster..im jus afraid that i may bloat or bruise like crazy..hv u gotten other feedback? seem to not be able to get much feedback fr others except on those international forums?? feedback on those forums i real scary :( .. sorry im not trying to scare u but we need to b realistic abt these tgs n noe wat we're puttin ourselves thru..i hope e doc gvs me super strong drugs to mask e pain..

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Brenton » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:08 am

Anyway might bring my sister and mom over to Nara Mid Year next year..
Maybe can meet some of you there?

Those who did lipo, how many months is required to get back to normal?
My sister wanna do it before her wedding....

pootie
Regular
Regular
Posts: 56
Joined: Tue, 02 Oct 2007

Postby pootie » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 11:57 am

maryjanepkt27 wrote:
pootie wrote:Can anyone advise me how long is the down time for chin implant? i'll be getting mine done on 7 Aug and heading back to work on 11 Aug. My chin implant will be done inside at the lower lips as advised by doc. :)

and how long will i not be able to eat? thanks so much. :)


Hi pootie..im plannin my chin surgery next wk & im scared stiff..also intra-oral..theres so many tgs to worry abt, like the shape of ur mouth may be different, u may loose ur lip senses, mouth muscles may be weaker, cutting of nerves, great pain cse the cut is done intra-oral & u wun b able to eat, smile or tok properly..i tell u, as the days draw nearer, u wl start questioning yourself & if tis is d rite tg to do..my hubby is not helping either lor..he kips saying i dun nid tis n tht my chin is orite :( .. i wana chicken out, but tis is wat ive always wanted so i may regret if i bac out now..

bac to ur qtn, my frd who had it done says u cant eat properly for a week n wl lose wgt..i took a 5 days leave so tht i can heal properly..but it depends on individual, some may heal faster..im jus afraid that i may bloat or bruise like crazy..hv u gotten other feedback? seem to not be able to get much feedback fr others except on those international forums?? feedback on those forums i real scary :( .. sorry im not trying to scare u but we need to b realistic abt these tgs n noe wat we're puttin ourselves thru..i hope e doc gvs me super strong drugs to mask e pain..


hi maryjanepkt27,

i'm sorry to hear that your hubby is not supportive of ur decision. :( i did my eyes and nose and lipo in feb and SO was not supportive and raised his objections subtlely too.. he said i didnt need to do all that but i still went ahead without his support. I went with his mum cos my fren backed out in the last minute. he understands tat once i made up my mind, there is nothing he can do to change it. my SO will be going with me during this trip in august and now, he tells me wat kinda chin i shd get.. LOL...

all surgeries come with risks and no surgeries is 100% safe.. u've done ur homework to choose the doc u wanna do with and just pray before the surgery that it will be a good one without any complications. :)

first few days will be tough, just take the painkillers (if u are scared of pain) & antibiotics, arnica montana, and drinks loads of pineapple juice (to get bromelain) and tat shd work. if i cant eat, i take it that its a plus for me to lose some weight!! LOL.. when i did my eyes and nose, i felt no pain before and after and even the days that came and gone.. :)

oh yes, the painkillers are very strong ones.. my SO had a bad toothache and took one and til next day no pain.. so there's really nothing much to worry abt..

as for ur hubby, i have no advice for u.. for me, what matters most to me, is for me to be happy.. it doesnt matter tat i piss the world just for me to be happy.. :p

5 days is enuf.. all major swellings will go down by then, im doing my surgery on friday and returning to work on the next tuesday. :)

u doing with which doc?? all the best and may u heal well and be happy with the results! :D and if u're not happy with the end results, dun feel sad, u can always change / remove it! ;p

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 5:10 pm

anteos wrote:ive done my nose job, in the 2006 in singapore. and it turns out so bad, he is from raffles hospital, even my friend silicon came out in a sudden, and now left a big hole in the middle of her nose.

I wanted to redo my nose again in thailand-may be, my nose is bulky and very big in the tip after the op at that raffles doc. and Im quite angry at him that time, he says just re do then, and I need to pay another 3k sgd. and I left at that day.

the thing is, my friend when she wanted to redo her nose job, her doc asked her to take out the silicon at first, which is making a hole in the tip of her nose for a year, and she need to rest till at least a year to do the op again.

Im worried, I wanted to do my nose job again, as seriously this nose is very2 ugly. but I dont want to have a hole in the tip of my nose for a year, dude, i can imagine people will stare at me and look at me in a strange way.

my partner didnt allowed me to do it again, since she doesnt want me to have that hole.. =(

I've contacted dr,putt by email. still waiting for his reply.

what about stitching only? is that help?

[img=http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/2070/n7099672089416225924.jpg]

my nose.. =(


did u ask the doc how it will be removed? :S
No one removes an implant right from the center of your nose, just like it wasn't inserted from the center of your nose. i assume it's closed rhino, means it was inserted from inside the nostrils, so it will be removed the same way.

From the sound of it, your fren's implant extruded from the tip which is why there is a hole there at the tip. Removal of implant for closed rhino should be from inside the nostril la, if the doc says it's from the tip of ur nose, then he must be a quack!

stitching only? i assume u r referring to rhino? not dbl eyelids? I never heard of a stitching only method for rhino...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 5:13 pm

vivilen81 wrote:Yoskarn clinic seems to hv it all - skin treatments, plastic surgery, dentistry etc. Juz emailed them for more info, waiting for reply. My frens will be going, cant find any review yet leh. Has anyone been to yoskarn clinic?
http://www.yoskarn.co.th


yeah, their site seems to have it all, emailed them b4 le... problem is their pricing ensures i can't have it all :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

crispypanda
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon, 20 Jul 2009

Postby crispypanda » Fri, 24 Jul 2009 5:25 pm

kaya_toast wrote:Dear crispypanda,

Where is your incision points? What is the down time?

Envy your leh... So tempted...


Mine is transax. Hmm.. I would say give yourself a week for a full rest. Otherwise 5 days should be fine. (: Just saying from my experience though, depends on incision points and individual healing rate also. HTH!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests