Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
EnvyMe
Regular
Regular
Posts: 115
Joined: Wed, 15 Apr 2009

Postby EnvyMe » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 12:25 pm

Hi people,

I'm actually very troubled. I'm going to do lipo with Nara but not sure where he willing to do as I read through this thread, he sometimes rejects doing some part as he think that there are not much fats to take out.

Therefore, I don't know what kind of compression garments I need to get. I'm afraid it will be a waste of money if let's say I bought the garments for arms but end up he doesn't want to lipo arms for me.

So now I don't know whether to get the garments before going or buy it after that?

I'm sure if I bought the garments after that it will take 10days to ship over singapore? If so I can only buy the 2nd stage and not the 1st stage. Is the 1st stage important?

Thanks!!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 2:23 pm

Annakilly wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:100% pineapple juice, aids in reduce swelling. Can get it at The Central basement "opp Lee Garden Plaza", Top Market row 2.

While stocks last!
Image


this is the pineapple juice and supermarket i was trying to tell everyone about!!! :D


lolx ... a pix tells a thousand words.

Fyi, the little bottle of liquid given by Dr Nara for cleaning the wound actually is water. Yes, its sterilized water not alcohol.


really, mine smelt like alcohol lei... lol, i think i need to get my nose checked...


Aadvark!
Thank you for the advice you gave me, but Dr. Pat never give me much discount leh :(
Maybe cause i'm bad at discounting with him, but aiyoh i was damn sad when he didn't wanna lower the price anymore haha.
I don't dare pester him for a lower price after he refused to give it to me, cause i'm afraid he anyhow perform my surgery lols.


haha, how much did he charge u in the end? i guess if he refused to go any lower, maybe that's really the lowest he could go? :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

chryselle
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 10 Mar 2009

Postby chryselle » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 2:53 pm

kensan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:100% pineapple juice, aids in reduce swelling. Can get it at The Central basement "opp Lee Garden Plaza", Top Market row 2.

While stocks last!
Image


this is the pineapple juice and supermarket i was trying to tell everyone about!!! :D


lolx ... a pix tells a thousand words.

Fyi, the little bottle of liquid given by Dr Nara for cleaning the wound actually is water. Yes, its sterilized water not alcohol.


Its saline, actually.. :D

Annakilly
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008

Postby Annakilly » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 3:35 pm

aadvark wrote:
Annakilly wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:100% pineapple juice, aids in reduce swelling. Can get it at The Central basement "opp Lee Garden Plaza", Top Market row 2.

While stocks last!
Image


this is the pineapple juice and supermarket i was trying to tell everyone about!!! :D


lolx ... a pix tells a thousand words.

Fyi, the little bottle of liquid given by Dr Nara for cleaning the wound actually is water. Yes, its sterilized water not alcohol.


really, mine smelt like alcohol lei... lol, i think i need to get my nose checked...


Aadvark!
Thank you for the advice you gave me, but Dr. Pat never give me much discount leh :(
Maybe cause i'm bad at discounting with him, but aiyoh i was damn sad when he didn't wanna lower the price anymore haha.
I don't dare pester him for a lower price after he refused to give it to me, cause i'm afraid he anyhow perform my surgery lols.


haha, how much did he charge u in the end? i guess if he refused to go any lower, maybe that's really the lowest he could go? :D


He charged me S$2350, original price was S$2600.
I think he could have gone lower haha.

keetoi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Postby keetoi » Wed, 01 Jul 2009 11:38 pm

Annakilly wrote:
keetoi wrote:Hi I am new here and I have a question.

I did rhinoplasty and alar plasty at Tokai Clinic 11 days ago. Now I can still see the scar at both sides of the nose and I am worried.

How long does it take for the scar to subside? Is it ok to put on concealer?

Please help!


Hey keetoi,

I put on concealer about 8 days after my alar surgery, so i guess it should be fine to do so. I did my alar at yanhee and till this day there is still a lil scar there. It takes roughly 3 months for the scar to subside, but just in case it doesn't, you can go for chemical peeling or dermabrasion to lighten the scar :)
Oh aloe vera gel helps too, there are many shops which sells aloe vera gel cheaper then gaurdian and watsons if you wanna save some money. I've seen some at parkway parade and peninsula plaza before!

Recover well babe!


Wow! it takes that long. Guess there is nothing much I could do now. Thanks for your advice. :)

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 2:55 am

Annakilly wrote:
aadvark wrote:
Annakilly wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:100% pineapple juice, aids in reduce swelling. Can get it at The Central basement "opp Lee Garden Plaza", Top Market row 2.

While stocks last!
Image


this is the pineapple juice and supermarket i was trying to tell everyone about!!! :D


lolx ... a pix tells a thousand words.

Fyi, the little bottle of liquid given by Dr Nara for cleaning the wound actually is water. Yes, its sterilized water not alcohol.


really, mine smelt like alcohol lei... lol, i think i need to get my nose checked...


Aadvark!
Thank you for the advice you gave me, but Dr. Pat never give me much discount leh :(
Maybe cause i'm bad at discounting with him, but aiyoh i was damn sad when he didn't wanna lower the price anymore haha.
I don't dare pester him for a lower price after he refused to give it to me, cause i'm afraid he anyhow perform my surgery lols.


haha, how much did he charge u in the end? i guess if he refused to go any lower, maybe that's really the lowest he could go? :D


He charged me S$2350, original price was S$2600.
I think he could have gone lower haha.


not too sure abt cheek implants, cos from what i read, it sounds like a tricky op, but perhaps u r right, cld have gone further down. i usu just ask whether he got do certain op, then i just do a walk-in when i arrive in bkk :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Brenton » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 10:12 am

hello...

anyone did mid face lift or thermage before??

I still hate it when pple comments that i look so much older than my actual age....

pearlyriver
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Postby pearlyriver » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 11:03 am

Hi. Can anyone who has done tiplasty and alarplasty at Yoskarn Clinic tell me about the price. Do you satisfy with your jobs? Is Dr Somyos the only surgeon at the clinic? I don't have much time and have read through the first 70 pages of this thread. Many say that he's the best in facial surgery but there seems to be not many who have really done under his knife. The internet out there is not helpful either. I dunno whether to choose Yanhee, PAI, Yoskarn or Tokai (Bumrungrad is out of question as I have a tight budget).
Any experience and consult will be highly appreciated. 8-)

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 167
Joined: Thu, 12 Feb 2009

Postby Brenton » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 2:06 pm

pearlyriver wrote:Hi. Can anyone who has done tiplasty and alarplasty at Yoskarn Clinic tell me about the price. Do you satisfy with your jobs? Is Dr Somyos the only surgeon at the clinic? I don't have much time and have read through the first 70 pages of this thread. Many say that he's the best in facial surgery but there seems to be not many who have really done under his knife. The internet out there is not helpful either. I dunno whether to choose Yanhee, PAI, Yoskarn or Tokai (Bumrungrad is out of question as I have a tight budget).
Any experience and consult will be highly appreciated. 8-)


Haha i find myself repeating this sentence so often that i wanna beat myself up...but i am gonna repeat it again..

please go through the whole thread....what do you mean by you dun have much time? It's your own face....are you gonna risk your face based on just one or two comments?

:P

keetoi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 29 Jun 2009

Re: Cheek and Buccal surgery

Postby keetoi » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 5:34 pm

Hey Anna,

I am thinking of doing cheek implant at Tokai as well. But not sure about the downtime. Please keep us updated with your progress.

Hope everything goes well with you.

Update soon yeah~

:)

Annakilly wrote:Cheek implant and Buccal Fat Pad removal

I remember reading through the forum and know that there are a few of you guys who want to undergo cheek implant surgeries and buccal fat pad removal.
Till this day there isn't much shared about buccal and cheek implants in this forum because i believe it is a less popular procedure as compared to others.

I will be sharing with you guys my recovery and i hope my sharing will be able to help some of you guys ok :)

Surgery Day

I reached Tokai Clinic on the 30th, which is yesterday, in the morning.
(I chose Dr. Pat from Tokai and not Dr. Nara from Hatyai because Dr. Pat was the surgeon who did my Revision Rhinoplasty back in febuary and i'm very pleased with his results, my nose looks fantastic now)

Imagine Patricia Moks nose to Song hye kyo's nose, i'm not exagerating haha!

Anyway I headed down to tokai and reached his clinic at 10am.
He wasn't there for my consultation much to my dismay although i already confirmed consultation with him at 10am through email.
I felt it was rather unprofessional but he rushed down to see me immediately and we managed to finish consultation by 11am.
Dr. Pat claims that he was not there on time for my consultation as many people arrange appointments with him and do not turn up in the end. So all of you who are reading this and is guilty of such, shame on you! At least email or call him to inform him ok!

Anyway, Dr Pat is a rather extreme doctor and his results will not be as subtle and natural as Dr. Nara's from Hatyai. Thus i would advice you to refrain going to Dr. Pat if you only want minor changes.
If you want a typical korean or caucasian nose or a smaller less bulbous nose tip, Dr. Pat would be the man for you :)

I decided to do cheek implants as i have very flat cheekbones and Dr. Pat gave me a high and sharp nose the previous time, thus making my face look unbalanced.

I believe many of you, like me, are afraid of doing cheek implants and end up looking like a chipmunk, or having your face look much broader and wider.
Thus during the consultation, knowing him to be extreme in his plastic surgery, i kept emphasizing i wanted a small implant that will make my cheeks look higher but not broader.
I requested to see the implants he was going to use and chose the smallest sized one, which he agreed was more suitable for my face.
In addition to that, i had Buccal (pronounced as Buckle) fat pad removal so that my cheeks will look more defined. I chose the smallest implant, thus the requirement of Buccal fat Pad removal was neccessary to make my cheeks look as natural and defined as possible.

I was given sedation and local anesthetic by Dr. Pat and i woke up in the midst of the surgery. I couldn't feel the pain except for the tugging and pulling of my mouth which made me uncomfortable, i also heard squeaking sounds when he was putting in my implant. In addition to that, i also smelt burnt meat :shock: I think Dr. Pat was lasering my gums to prevent less bleeding.

I was out of surgery by 1pm in the afternoon and the pain was seriously bad. I would rate the rhinoplasty a pain factor of 1/10 and cheek and buccal implants a 5/10.

As i was lying down in his recovery room, the nurses and Dr. Pat made conscious efforts in coming up to visit me and talk to me (i couldn't talk much or smile at them cause my face was super pain)
I was feeling nauseous and told the nurses, immdiately she gave me a yellow pill to take, but i still vomited in the end :(
Worse thing is i vomited in the sink and i think i clogged it, poor Bee (A nurse there) had to wear a glove and remove my puke from the sink. I felt really bad.

Caution: Do not eat before the surgery for at least 6 hours!

The nurses called a cab for me at around 3 and i left for the airport back to singapore. I reached home at around 8pm and i went to bed immediately while icing my cheeks to prevent swelling. I woke up 3 times last night to vomit, presumably cause of the anesthetic.

Day 1

Surgery day is not counted as day 1.

It is my first day after surgery now, and my cheeks are really swollen, like how a hamster looks with lotsa food in their mouths. The swelling, like all other surgeries will hit a peak at the 3rd to 4th day, so imagine the agony, my face is so swollen i don't see how much more swollen it can get.
I would conclude that it is the Buccal fat pad removal that is hurting more then the cheek implants as when i apply pressure to my face, the Buccal Pad incision hurts more!

Dr Pat also gave me a compression to wear over my face, but wearing it gave me a haedache, probably due to the pressure of the compression, so i am not wearing it and will probably wait for it to heal on its own.

BTW Thai airlines is really cheap now, i paid $280 Nett for a round trip. And their food is really good. I couln't resist their breakfast thus i think that was the cause of me vomiting.

I will not be posting photos online, i hope you guys understand as if i do, i would have to show you my whole face and i may be reconised by people, so refrain from asking me for photos. I would love to keep my identity safe :oops: Shy lah!

Will update you on the 3rd or 4th day of my surgery!
Oh and don't hesistate to drop me some questions if you have any, i will be checking online constantly, cause i'm stuck at home and i have nothing to do.

And sorry for the really long post :-|

Love, anna

Annakilly
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008

Postby Annakilly » Thu, 02 Jul 2009 7:16 pm

Brenton wrote:
pearlyriver wrote:Hi. Can anyone who has done tiplasty and alarplasty at Yoskarn Clinic tell me about the price. Do you satisfy with your jobs? Is Dr Somyos the only surgeon at the clinic? I don't have much time and have read through the first 70 pages of this thread. Many say that he's the best in facial surgery but there seems to be not many who have really done under his knife. The internet out there is not helpful either. I dunno whether to choose Yanhee, PAI, Yoskarn or Tokai (Bumrungrad is out of question as I have a tight budget).
Any experience and consult will be highly appreciated. 8-)


Haha i find myself repeating this sentence so often that i wanna beat myself up...but i am gonna repeat it again..

please go through the whole thread....what do you mean by you dun have much time? It's your own face....are you gonna risk your face based on just one or two comments?

:P


I agree with Brenton!
There is no Doctor who is the Best at facial surgery in my opinion.
What i've realised is that every doctor has his pro's and con's and they all have different styles and approaches towards surgery.
Therefore my advice to you is to read the thread properly and find out which doctor is suitable for you through the forumners experiences which we have shared here in this thread.
Do not just base your decision on one or two comments ok :) Good luck in finding your doctor and reading up the thread!

User avatar
vivilen81
Regular
Regular
Posts: 69
Joined: Thu, 16 Apr 2009
Location: Singapore

Postby vivilen81 » Fri, 03 Jul 2009 12:11 am

Hey everyone,

Must i wait for my 1st rhino to be completely healed be4 getting a revision rhino? Does any1 had revision rhino wif nara be4? or which surgeon is good at revision, pls advice....my nose doned by Nara is very natural, but Nara gave me a really low bridge, nw swelling subside even lower. :(

Annakilly
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008

Postby Annakilly » Fri, 03 Jul 2009 1:46 am

vivilen81 wrote:Hey everyone,

Must i wait for my 1st rhino to be completely healed be4 getting a revision rhino? Does any1 had revision rhino wif nara be4? or which surgeon is good at revision, pls advice....my nose doned by Nara is very natural, but Nara gave me a really low bridge, nw swelling subside even lower. :(


Hey Vivilen81

I did my revision rhino with Dr. Pat from Tokai.
I believe you must wait at least 6 months before revision Rhinoplasty.
I am 4 moths post op now, but i cannot post photos of my current nose because i'm recovering from cheek implants and buccal fat pad removal and my nose is swollen from the surgery.
I do however have photos of my revised nose 6 days after my revision with him.

Here it is.

6 Days Post Op

Image

6 Days Post op side view

Image


My nose looks much smaller and defined now as compared to my 6 days post op nose.

I will post a photo of my nose as soon as my cheeks recover and my nose isn't as swollen as it is now.

I do not have a photo of my previous nose but my nose was kind of similar to patricia moks nose, as a rough guideline.

How many months post op are you already?

Annakilly
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008

Re: Cheek and Buccal surgery

Postby Annakilly » Fri, 03 Jul 2009 1:52 am

Hey Keetoi,

Its my second day now and its really swollen, not only my upper cheeks are swollen, even my jowls and nose is swollen, hopefully the swelling goes down by the 4th day!
The pain and discomfort has minimised greatly but eating is still difficult, like i said, rhinoplasty is nothing compared to cheek implants haha.
Definitely will keep you guys updated and thanks for the well wishes :)


keetoi wrote:Hey Anna,

I am thinking of doing cheek implant at Tokai as well. But not sure about the downtime. Please keep us updated with your progress.

Hope everything goes well with you.

Update soon yeah~

:)

Annakilly wrote:Cheek implant and Buccal Fat Pad removal

I remember reading through the forum and know that there are a few of you guys who want to undergo cheek implant surgeries and buccal fat pad removal.
Till this day there isn't much shared about buccal and cheek implants in this forum because i believe it is a less popular procedure as compared to others.

I will be sharing with you guys my recovery and i hope my sharing will be able to help some of you guys ok :)

Surgery Day

I reached Tokai Clinic on the 30th, which is yesterday, in the morning.
(I chose Dr. Pat from Tokai and not Dr. Nara from Hatyai because Dr. Pat was the surgeon who did my Revision Rhinoplasty back in febuary and i'm very pleased with his results, my nose looks fantastic now)

Imagine Patricia Moks nose to Song hye kyo's nose, i'm not exagerating haha!

Anyway I headed down to tokai and reached his clinic at 10am.
He wasn't there for my consultation much to my dismay although i already confirmed consultation with him at 10am through email.
I felt it was rather unprofessional but he rushed down to see me immediately and we managed to finish consultation by 11am.
Dr. Pat claims that he was not there on time for my consultation as many people arrange appointments with him and do not turn up in the end. So all of you who are reading this and is guilty of such, shame on you! At least email or call him to inform him ok!

Anyway, Dr Pat is a rather extreme doctor and his results will not be as subtle and natural as Dr. Nara's from Hatyai. Thus i would advice you to refrain going to Dr. Pat if you only want minor changes.
If you want a typical korean or caucasian nose or a smaller less bulbous nose tip, Dr. Pat would be the man for you :)

I decided to do cheek implants as i have very flat cheekbones and Dr. Pat gave me a high and sharp nose the previous time, thus making my face look unbalanced.

I believe many of you, like me, are afraid of doing cheek implants and end up looking like a chipmunk, or having your face look much broader and wider.
Thus during the consultation, knowing him to be extreme in his plastic surgery, i kept emphasizing i wanted a small implant that will make my cheeks look higher but not broader.
I requested to see the implants he was going to use and chose the smallest sized one, which he agreed was more suitable for my face.
In addition to that, i had Buccal (pronounced as Buckle) fat pad removal so that my cheeks will look more defined. I chose the smallest implant, thus the requirement of Buccal fat Pad removal was neccessary to make my cheeks look as natural and defined as possible.

I was given sedation and local anesthetic by Dr. Pat and i woke up in the midst of the surgery. I couldn't feel the pain except for the tugging and pulling of my mouth which made me uncomfortable, i also heard squeaking sounds when he was putting in my implant. In addition to that, i also smelt burnt meat :shock: I think Dr. Pat was lasering my gums to prevent less bleeding.

I was out of surgery by 1pm in the afternoon and the pain was seriously bad. I would rate the rhinoplasty a pain factor of 1/10 and cheek and buccal implants a 5/10.

As i was lying down in his recovery room, the nurses and Dr. Pat made conscious efforts in coming up to visit me and talk to me (i couldn't talk much or smile at them cause my face was super pain)
I was feeling nauseous and told the nurses, immdiately she gave me a yellow pill to take, but i still vomited in the end :(
Worse thing is i vomited in the sink and i think i clogged it, poor Bee (A nurse there) had to wear a glove and remove my puke from the sink. I felt really bad.

Caution: Do not eat before the surgery for at least 6 hours!

The nurses called a cab for me at around 3 and i left for the airport back to singapore. I reached home at around 8pm and i went to bed immediately while icing my cheeks to prevent swelling. I woke up 3 times last night to vomit, presumably cause of the anesthetic.

Day 1

Surgery day is not counted as day 1.

It is my first day after surgery now, and my cheeks are really swollen, like how a hamster looks with lotsa food in their mouths. The swelling, like all other surgeries will hit a peak at the 3rd to 4th day, so imagine the agony, my face is so swollen i don't see how much more swollen it can get.
I would conclude that it is the Buccal fat pad removal that is hurting more then the cheek implants as when i apply pressure to my face, the Buccal Pad incision hurts more!

Dr Pat also gave me a compression to wear over my face, but wearing it gave me a haedache, probably due to the pressure of the compression, so i am not wearing it and will probably wait for it to heal on its own.

BTW Thai airlines is really cheap now, i paid $280 Nett for a round trip. And their food is really good. I couln't resist their breakfast thus i think that was the cause of me vomiting.

I will not be posting photos online, i hope you guys understand as if i do, i would have to show you my whole face and i may be reconised by people, so refrain from asking me for photos. I would love to keep my identity safe :oops: Shy lah!

Will update you on the 3rd or 4th day of my surgery!
Oh and don't hesistate to drop me some questions if you have any, i will be checking online constantly, cause i'm stuck at home and i have nothing to do.

And sorry for the really long post :-|

Love, anna

Annakilly
Member
Member
Posts: 46
Joined: Thu, 21 Aug 2008

Postby Annakilly » Fri, 03 Jul 2009 1:55 am

Brenton wrote:hello...

anyone did mid face lift or thermage before??

I still hate it when pple comments that i look so much older than my actual age....



Brenton!

You should do cheek implants haha, it lifts the face alot.
If you notice, people with fuller cheeks looks younger!
Anyway hows your eyes and nose now?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests