Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Brenton » Tue, 12 May 2009 12:55 am

hi pple, it's two month post surgery and my eyes are really getting better!!

Even though i have been receiving mixed reviews, i think i am happier now.

I thought i was ok with my nose until i saw my photo taken on sat...it look so fat still from the front when i smile...if not, it does look ok.

Now instead of pple commenting that my nose is big from every angle
They only think it look huge when i smile or when viewed from sideways..

Should i consider a real nose reduction somewhere else? but i guess it would be damn expensive!!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Tue, 12 May 2009 2:43 am

Brenton wrote:hi pple, it's two month post surgery and my eyes are really getting better!!

I thought i was ok with my nose until i saw my photo taken on sat...it look so fat still from the front when i smile...if not, it does look ok.

Should i consider a real nose reduction somewhere else? but i guess it would be damn expensive!!

lol, what happened to "i think my nose is fine" when i suggested reduction? ;)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Brenton » Tue, 12 May 2009 9:07 am

aadvark wrote:
Brenton wrote:hi pple, it's two month post surgery and my eyes are really getting better!!

lol, what happened to "i think my nose is fine" when i suggested reduction? ;)

Aiya, you la...poisoned me :P
It's fine now ok...when i dun smile la :P

ganbaatar

Dr. Nara Vs Dr. Pat

Postby ganbaatar » Tue, 12 May 2009 3:15 pm

Hi,

Why did you go with Dr. Pat? Not with Nara? I am considering lower eyelids and BA with Nara. Please share your thoughts and experiences. How is did Pat charge for the 2 procedure? And where is he at? Thanks

shadydoll wrote:thanks aadvark, in that case i shall not get it now and keep her contact in case of future need :lol:

qwertyuiop: i did both lower eyelid and ba with dr pat, pretty satisfied at this stage. I think the result met my expectations.. :)

ganbaatar

good luck!

Postby ganbaatar » Tue, 12 May 2009 3:20 pm

Sorry, I am new so I still trying to figure out how to read my messages and reply. Good luck on May 28th. I made mine July 7th, Dr Nara was fully booked till July in late April. Please share your experiences, don't forget.

navy wrote:
ganbaatar wrote:
navy wrote:hey anyone planning a trip to hatyai this May? if u are pls do PM me asap, need company. thanks. :)

Hi, when is your appointment? I am planing end of may or early june.

hey, sorry for the late reply, im planning to go there end of may too. made an appointment on 28, but can change if u want. =]

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Postby Pinkyice » Tue, 12 May 2009 5:29 pm

I went for my nose revision on 9th May and strangely enough, I wasn't as swollen post-op this time.
Stayed in Lee Gardens Plaza and like it slightly better than Novotel other than the fact that that's no central lighting in the room so it's really hard if you want to read etc at night.
Did blu-ray teeth whitening at less than half price as compared to Singapore since I had time to kill before the operation (and the dentist is using the exact tools for the procedure as my dentist in Singapore).
And this time, I was fully conscious after the surgery and was up and off (because I was starving) about 5 mins after the surgery although Dr Puttisak advised me rest for a while before going off.
On hindsight, I should have listened to him because my nose dripped blood when I was eating my noodles.
The stallholder kindly offered me a toilet roll but I always have a packet of Kleenex with me for emergencies.
After dinner, I went shopping in the mall in the hotel and had a manicure and pedicure done.
Don't go for the cheap manicure/pedicure using non-OPI nail polish.
Unlike Singapore, most nail salons in Hatyai do not use OPI nail polish and even if they do, you have to specifically ask for it.
It costs slightly more but is still cheaper than Singapore.
Right now, I am only taking the antibiotics that Dr Puttisak gave me and the Serratiopeptidaset tablets that my GP prescribed for me. I feel quite alright now and will be back at work tomorrow.

channel5

Postby channel5 » Tue, 12 May 2009 8:28 pm

i wanna do face lipo but i scared my face will swell until crazy that i have problems at the customs and my passport pic.... and also i understand have to stay there for like a week cos mus return to the clinic/hospital for review n stich removal right? will b bored to tears hiding in the hotel!

aadvark how bad was your swelling from your lipo n buccal op? the swelling look like you're just chubby or look really obese?

my friend did face lipo in SG n her face swell until so bad. almos unrecognisable, her body quite slim but her face swell till look like super fat.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Tue, 12 May 2009 10:19 pm

channel5 wrote:i wanna do face lipo but i scared my face will swell until crazy that i have problems at the customs and my passport pic.... and also i understand have to stay there for like a week cos mus return to the clinic/hospital for review n stich removal right? will b bored to tears hiding in the hotel!

aadvark how bad was your swelling from your lipo n buccal op? the swelling look like you're just chubby or look really obese?

my friend did face lipo in SG n her face swell until so bad. almos unrecognisable, her body quite slim but her face swell till look like super fat.

lol, my face swelled easily to more than twice its size :P just happened that alvin and the chipmunks movie was screening that period. I looked like one of the chipmunks walked off the set :D

not chubby or obese, just looked very swollen, like i kena whacked then suffered an allergic reaction all at the same time!

dun worry, the customs din bother to ask, i guess when u live in bangkok, such things are commonplace. i removed my stitches back at my neighbourhood GP in sg. i flew off the day after the lipo

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Postby aadvark » Tue, 12 May 2009 10:20 pm

Pinkyice wrote:I went for my nose revision on 9th May and strangely enough, I wasn't as swollen post-op this time.
Stayed in Lee Gardens Plaza and like it slightly better than Novotel other than the fact that that's no central lighting in the room so it's really hard if you want to read etc at night.
Did blu-ray teeth whitening at less than half price as compared to Singapore since I had time to kill before the operation (and the dentist is using the exact tools for the procedure as my dentist in Singapore).
And this time, I was fully conscious after the surgery and was up and off (because I was starving) about 5 mins after the surgery although Dr Puttisak advised me rest for a while before going off.
On hindsight, I should have listened to him because my nose dripped blood when I was eating my noodles.
The stallholder kindly offered me a toilet roll but I always have a packet of Kleenex with me for emergencies.
After dinner, I went shopping in the mall in the hotel and had a manicure and pedicure done.
Unlike Singapore, most nail salons in Hatyai do not use OPI nail polish and even if they do, you have to specifically ask for it.
Right now, I am only taking the antibiotics that Dr Puttisak gave me and the Serratiopeptidaset tablets that my GP prescribed for me. I feel quite alright now and will be back at work tomorrow.

pinkyice, wat revision did u do? what din u like abt the original rhino?

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Postby cersepn » Wed, 13 May 2009 12:13 am

Don't wanna sound paranoid, but is thailand safe to go? Planning on going nara for otoplasty, don't know if it's free from h1n1. Might sound silly but i'm not taking any chances lol

EnvyMe
Regular
Regular

Postby EnvyMe » Wed, 13 May 2009 1:57 pm

Pinkyice wrote:I went for my nose revision on 9th May and strangely enough, I wasn't as swollen post-op this time.

Hey, may I ask how much you did for the blu ray teeth whitening and where did you do it? Any name for the dental clinic? Effect good? Can last how long??

How much was the meni and pedicure?

You went there alone? You went there by plane or by coach?

Thanks!!

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Postby Pinkyice » Wed, 13 May 2009 3:18 pm

EnvyMe wrote:
Hey, may I ask how much you did for the blu ray teeth whitening and where did you do it? Any name for the dental clinic? Effect good? Can last how long??

How much was the meni and pedicure?

You went there alone? You went there by plane or by coach?

Thanks!!

It costs 8600 baht (with teeth cleaning). I don't remember the name of the dental clinic but it's opposite Dr Nara's clinic.
There are 2 dental clinics there but it's the one with a purple signboard.
Effect is good and as for how long it can last, probably a few years. You can reconfirm with the dentist when you are there.

Mani and pedi costs 800 baht.

I went there by coach and I didn't go alone.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kensan » Wed, 13 May 2009 5:17 pm

Pinkyice wrote:It costs 8600 baht (with teeth cleaning). I don't remember the name of the dental clinic but it's opposite Dr Nara's clinic.
There are 2 dental clinics there but it's the one with a purple signboard.
Effect is good and as for how long it can last, probably a few years. You can reconfirm with the dentist when you are there.

I had done it in Bangkok, it will lighten 5 shades from your existing color. The color will show better if you are very tanned. However, it will slowly be oxided and fades away within a year or two unless you maintain it by using the whitening gel every night or don't open your mouth at all to avoid oxidation :mrgreen:

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Postby kensan » Wed, 13 May 2009 5:26 pm

Great to hear that dude. Care to post a pic :D

winter21
Regular
Regular

Postby winter21 » Thu, 14 May 2009 12:13 am

aadvark... since u r the pro here n most helpful of all...

i need yr help and advice...
my appointment with dr putt is coming soon..
there are forumers whom went to him.. but no pics shared...
or i cock eyes? cos i cant seem to find pics...

i have attached my pic... do u think i should go for rhinoplasty??

my main concern is... im afraid my tip which seems big to me.. will not reduce in size... i did asked dr putt, but his reply is not clear. sigh

im also worried that i will not be used to my new nose.. as there will be something inside (implant)
Last edited by winter21 on Tue, 19 May 2009 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.