Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
butterbuttons
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2009

Postby butterbuttons » Mon, 12 Jan 2009 10:35 pm

Hi all.. thinking of going to tokai for dbl eyelid around 19th Jan.. any gals that are going around this time ?

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby boicott » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 1:10 am

cersepn wrote:Post up your pic here with eyes censored if you want our opinion loh :D

Because plastic surgery is more art than science, you are bound to get differing opinions among doctors.. and it's hard to say who's right in absolute terms. There is no black and white in beauty, you know what they always say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder


Hi cersepn,

Ok i will upload an old picture of mine. only have this at the moment in the office. still more chubby then. for your kind opinion. 8-)
Last edited by boicott on Sun, 18 Jan 2009 5:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 1:41 am

boicott wrote:
cersepn wrote:Post up your pic here with eyes censored if you want our opinion loh :D

Because plastic surgery is more art than science, you are bound to get differing opinions among doctors.. and it's hard to say who's right in absolute terms. There is no black and white in beauty, you know what they always say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder


Hi cersepn,

Ok i will upload an old picture of mine. only have this at the moment in the office. still more chubby then. for your kind opinion. 8-) Image[/url]


r u doing nose? then u need to show us ur bridge as well
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

nose

Postby boicott » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 10:52 am

aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:
cersepn wrote:Post up your pic here with eyes censored if you want our opinion loh :D

Because plastic surgery is more art than science, you are bound to get differing opinions among doctors.. and it's hard to say who's right in absolute terms. There is no black and white in beauty, you know what they always say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder


Hi cersepn,

Ok i will upload an old picture of mine. only have this at the moment in the office. still more chubby then. for your kind opinion. 8-) Image[/url]


r u doing nose? then u need to show us ur bridge as well


Hi,
here is another pic. i am not doing my nose this time round cos of my short leave, will do the chin first i guess.
[/img]Image

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: nose

Postby aadvark » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 5:22 pm

boicott wrote:
aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:
cersepn wrote:Post up your pic here with eyes censored if you want our opinion loh :D

Because plastic surgery is more art than science, you are bound to get differing opinions among doctors.. and it's hard to say who's right in absolute terms. There is no black and white in beauty, you know what they always say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder


Hi cersepn,

Ok i will upload an old picture of mine. only have this at the moment in the office. still more chubby then. for your kind opinion. 8-) Image[/url]


r u doing nose? then u need to show us ur bridge as well


Hi,
here is another pic. i am not doing my nose this time round cos of my short leave, will do the chin first i guess.
[/img]Image


hmmm, u seem to have very nice features :D are u sure u need to do anything? hehe
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: nose

Postby boicott » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 6:11 pm

aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:
aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:
cersepn wrote:Post up your pic here with eyes censored if you want our opinion loh :D

Because plastic surgery is more art than science, you are bound to get differing opinions among doctors.. and it's hard to say who's right in absolute terms. There is no black and white in beauty, you know what they always say: beauty is in the eyes of the beholder


Hi cersepn,

Ok i will upload an old picture of mine. only have this at the moment in the office. still more chubby then. for your kind opinion. 8-) Image[/url]


r u doing nose? then u need to show us ur bridge as well


Hi,
here is another pic. i am not doing my nose this time round cos of my short leave, will do the chin first i guess.
[/img]Image


hmmm, u seem to have very nice features :D are u sure u need to do anything? hehe


haha. i think maybe the picture is angled. if you see the first one, when i smile, the nose tip will be lowered and looks round, and my cheeks will be round too. So i thought a longer chin will be better to enlongate the face shape, I'm having second thoughts ahha and im going hatyai tomorrow. hmmalready!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: nose

Postby aadvark » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 9:14 pm

boicott wrote:haha. i think maybe the picture is angled. if you see the first one, when i smile, the nose tip will be lowered and looks round, and my cheeks will be round too. So i thought a longer chin will be better to enlongate the face shape, I'm having second thoughts ahha and im going hatyai tomorrow. hmmalready!


ok, my last min suggestion b4 u go then :)

the chin will def elongate the face and make the cheeks less chubby. i've done it twice and i can attest to that effect :) do ask nara if he has a wing implant rather than the button implant. cos the button implant is small and sharp, which may end up making ur face look top-heavy which was what i encountered. if he doesn't, discuss with him abt a larger implant, cos u dun want an overly feminine chin

for nose, alarplasty will narrow the nostrils and effectively make the 2 lines around the mouth shallower, giving a younger appearance. it will also push the tip up slightly, so it wun be pulled down when u smile.
ur bridge looks fine, so up to u whether u think u need an implant ;)

and finally, good luck! hope you look fantastic after the op :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: nose

Postby boicott » Tue, 13 Jan 2009 11:50 pm

aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:haha. i think maybe the picture is angled. if you see the first one, when i smile, the nose tip will be lowered and looks round, and my cheeks will be round too. So i thought a longer chin will be better to enlongate the face shape, I'm having second thoughts ahha and im going hatyai tomorrow. hmmalready!


ok, my last min suggestion b4 u go then :)

the chin will def elongate the face and make the cheeks less chubby. i've done it twice and i can attest to that effect :) do ask nara if he has a wing implant rather than the button implant. cos the button implant is small and sharp, which may end up making ur face look top-heavy which was what i encountered. if he doesn't, discuss with him abt a larger implant, cos u dun want an overly feminine chin

for nose, alarplasty will narrow the nostrils and effectively make the 2 lines around the mouth shallower, giving a younger appearance. it will also push the tip up slightly, so it wun be pulled down when u smile.
ur bridge looks fine, so up to u whether u think u need an implant ;)

and finally, good luck! hope you look fantastic after the op :D


thanks so much aadvark. U advise would be a great help in explaining to dr nara what i wanted. But i am abit confused with the alar thingy. Cos i was thinking of doing tiplasty to jus raise the tip. Is it the same thing? hmm .. thanks again! :)

imputtykitty
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed, 14 Jan 2009

Postby imputtykitty » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 5:50 am

Is anyone thinking of doing surgery sometime soon?

I'm thinking of heading to Dr Putt for rhino around March, and gooers too??

And I'm going via coach!

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: nose

Postby aadvark » Wed, 14 Jan 2009 8:48 am

boicott wrote:
aadvark wrote:
boicott wrote:haha. i think maybe the picture is angled. if you see the first one, when i smile, the nose tip will be lowered and looks round, and my cheeks will be round too. So i thought a longer chin will be better to enlongate the face shape, I'm having second thoughts ahha and im going hatyai tomorrow. hmmalready!


ok, my last min suggestion b4 u go then :)

the chin will def elongate the face and make the cheeks less chubby. i've done it twice and i can attest to that effect :) do ask nara if he has a wing implant rather than the button implant. cos the button implant is small and sharp, which may end up making ur face look top-heavy which was what i encountered. if he doesn't, discuss with him abt a larger implant, cos u dun want an overly feminine chin

for nose, alarplasty will narrow the nostrils and effectively make the 2 lines around the mouth shallower, giving a younger appearance. it will also push the tip up slightly, so it wun be pulled down when u smile.
ur bridge looks fine, so up to u whether u think u need an implant ;)

and finally, good luck! hope you look fantastic after the op :D


thanks so much aadvark. U advise would be a great help in explaining to dr nara what i wanted. But i am abit confused with the alar thingy. Cos i was thinking of doing tiplasty to jus raise the tip. Is it the same thing? hmm .. thanks again! :)


tipoplasty is to reduce and refine the tip. nara doesn't do tipoplasty, but his L implant does extend the tip and make it pointier. alarplasty is akin to the effect u get when u pinch ur nose; the nose is narrower while the tip is slightly raised.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

crazyjelly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 15 Jan 2009

Postby crazyjelly » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 4:33 pm

....
Last edited by crazyjelly on Wed, 05 May 2010 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 4:55 pm

crazyjelly wrote:Hi all, im very excited on sharing my story...

i finally got my ps done at dr nara...
1stly would like to thank aadvark on adding me on msn and giving me some info about ps and if you cld not recall who i was, i was the one who ased you about the regency hotel location...

i got my rhinoplasty, chin implant and lipo on tummy and both thighs.
wanted alar but as usual, dr nara said no to my nose for alar.

i told him a second time i wanted alar, he rejected me again.. haha.
but after he did my nose rhinoplasty, i realize the implant had made my nose sharper and therefore, i think i didnt need to do alar!

for the chin implant, my face definately look longer now, but i cannot judge nice or not yet...wait till my swelling disappear...

anyways, my face is swollen like a pig now...its been 4 days after my ps already...im excited to see the results...
i regretted not staying at hatyai for long... i had to go back SG after the 3rd day of my ps... and the seats on the plane made my whole body so achy and pain...and the bruises on my thighs was very jia lat... tiger airway seat = not comfy... lol... had a rough time walking in the airport as well...

as for my lipo, nara did a great job...my tummy n thighs did sucked in a little but definately have to wear a compression garment to get rid of the excess skin...

p:s: dr nara nurses are very helpful and pretty. i feel very comfy with them... anyway, which is dr nara's wife? and i think i saw nara's 2 little daughters at the counter area playing...look very much like him too..


CONGRATZ! :D the chin will prob take 3-4 weeks to achieve its final shape and length, dun look into the mirror much during the period, just sleep as much as u can, can heal faster that way
Last edited by aadvark on Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

crazyjelly
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 15 Jan 2009

Postby crazyjelly » Thu, 15 Jan 2009 6:45 pm

....?
Last edited by crazyjelly on Wed, 06 Jan 2010 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 12:47 am

crazyjelly wrote:thanks!

can i know what does it feels like to have the stitches removed from the face/body?

i hope its not too pain...

and another question, is it normal to feel discomfort or pain while wearing the compression garment on the lipo area?


depends on the skill of the GP. for me it was barely felt. my fren had a terrible ordeal recently when he removed the threads.

the thread is knotted on both ends. the stupid GP cut one end and kept tugging at the thread while the other end is knotted. eeks, imagine the pain on the swollen eyelid :S

then he told her abt the other knotted end, so she tried to cut the knot, but she must be dim-witted or something, cos she cut his skin instead and made him bleed. It was a truly horrifying story... wonder how she got thru med sch :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

youngrace
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon, 12 Jan 2009

Postby youngrace » Fri, 16 Jan 2009 3:38 am

compression garment shouldn't be horrible--might take a bit of getting used to though! i had stitches removed before, and didn't really mind (no genuine pain), but i have a high pain tolerance, so...hmm.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests