Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tottochan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Re: What did you have done?

Postby tottochan » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:28 pm

I am just wondering if Dr, Nara only has L-implant? I need some advice/information on the different kind of implants from you experts.... sorry if i sound a little dense here.. what do you mean by no bridge and blunt tip? how can someone has no bridge??!! :-k

BTW how long do you guys have to stay in Thailand after the surgery?I am so worried I will regret going through the procedure..... Bit I really like ALLTHATJAZZ's super chio nose... :)

I think my nose is really unrefined looking... I would really like it to look a little refine and more elegant.. a higher bridge ? What do you guys think I can do??

Thank you for your advice... :)

Image

Image

Image

sorry i bought this posting forward... don't want to mess up the order of the posting in the forum.

Thank you...
Last edited by tottochan on Wed, 26 Nov 2008 12:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.

justewayiam
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun, 16 Nov 2008

Postby justewayiam » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:58 pm

aadvark wrote:
justewayiam wrote:

thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

i'm a very sports oriented person, i play football almost every week. in a sense, i'm very prone to injuries, even facial ones.

so, if i get a nose job done, will the frequent knocks from sports cause any problems to my new nose? let's say i get a knock on my nose..?


Yes its very bad for sports. Hais. It will deviate at best, and at worst u get nerve damage to your nose. Its very serious NOT to use silicone if you play sports.


that's bad. so for a sports oriented person, besides silicone implant.. is there any alternative to get a nose job?


i dun play ball games, but i do normal stuff la, swimming, gymming, now learning muay thai. it has to be a pretty hard knock to actually shift it out badly. but i wld say if it's dat hard, ur normal nose wld break anyway, so just be careful, take precautions shld be fine.


true enough but the thoughts of my nose shifting place is both amusing and sian la.

i read e taipei ps thread and understand that e surgeons there actually extract some thingy from our rips and use that as the 'implant'. would that be a better option in my case?
live once, live beautifully

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sat, 22 Nov 2008 11:59 pm

tottochan: Actually you're pretty gd looking to begin with. Anyway when aadvark said 'no bridge to begin with'.. i don't think he literally meant totally no bridge, although some people with severe case of bad noses have almost no bridge to begin with. aadvark, aren't you too hard on yourself? Your before nose definitely had bridge leh -__- so critical of your old look.

if you like allthatjazz's results, then go to dr nara. No hard feelings, but i'm not all that impressed by her results.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:25 am

cersepn wrote:tottochan: Actually you're pretty gd looking to begin with. Anyway when aadvark said 'no bridge to begin with'.. i don't think he literally meant totally no bridge, although some people with severe case of bad noses have almost no bridge to begin with. aadvark, aren't you too hard on yourself? Your before nose definitely had bridge leh -__- so critical of your old look.

if you like allthatjazz's results, then go to dr nara. No hard feelings, but i'm not all that impressed by her results.


no, really had no bridge, it was a constant joke in my family, they say from the side, my nose juts out from my face like a chicken beak... yes, it's tough growing up :P

but i agree with cerspen, tottochan looks very pretty le. you seem to have bridge liao, tip also not big... in fact, it looks like u already had rhinoplasty b4, haha :D
Last edited by aadvark on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:26 am

justewayiam wrote:
aadvark wrote:
justewayiam wrote:

thanks for the details.

i've one query here..

i'm a very sports oriented person, i play football almost every week. in a sense, i'm very prone to injuries, even facial ones.

so, if i get a nose job done, will the frequent knocks from sports cause any problems to my new nose? let's say i get a knock on my nose..?


Yes its very bad for sports. Hais. It will deviate at best, and at worst u get nerve damage to your nose. Its very serious NOT to use silicone if you play sports.


that's bad. so for a sports oriented person, besides silicone implant.. is there any alternative to get a nose job?


i dun play ball games, but i do normal stuff la, swimming, gymming, now learning muay thai. it has to be a pretty hard knock to actually shift it out badly. but i wld say if it's dat hard, ur normal nose wld break anyway, so just be careful, take precautions shld be fine.


true enough but the thoughts of my nose shifting place is both amusing and sian la.

i read e taipei ps thread and understand that e surgeons there actually extract some thingy from our rips and use that as the 'implant'. would that be a better option in my case?


autologous, meaning they take the cartilage from your body (either ear or rib) and use it as the implant. i like the results from dr kao so far, but that's only if u like sharp nose i suppose :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: HELP!

Postby aadvark » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:29 am

queries wrote:
aadvark wrote:
queries wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I am thinking of doing rhinoplasty at bangkok hospital in feb next year.

Any advice or recommendations? Are there other hospitals which are better than bangkok hospital? Or does any of you know which are the better doctors for this procedure in bangkok hospital?

Thanks.


what's bangkok hospital?


hmm... bangkok hospital: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/

I have emailed a few doctors from there:
Jaturong
Sorawut
Pichit
Worawat
Chalermpong

I have also emailed 2 doctors from yanhee:
Sukit
Somsak

Are they of any good?

Please advise, because I really have no idea how to go about doing this...


interesting, never came across this place b4... their website currently got problems, will check it out again tmr :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:36 am

was discussing with my fren the other day, and just had an amusing thought.

the best candidate for rhinoplasty would be someone with hardly any bridge and not a bulbous tip. best candidate for dbl eyelid is of cos normal sized eye with single eyelid. and that actually sounds like the normal look of a korean, is that why they look so good after PS?

cos if u have bridge in first place, an implant may may it look unnaturally high. if you have bulbous tip then still have to complicate things by reducing the cartilage thru tipoplasty.

so ppl who grew up looking plain (not ugly) actually can benefit the most thru PS i suppose... just musing here... :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Breeoei
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Thu, 13 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Postby Breeoei » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 9:59 am

aadvark wrote:
Breeoei wrote:
cersepn wrote:Justewayiam: No offence, but seems like there's quite alot to be done for the nose. If you want an obvious change, i'm sad to say, thailand drs may not have the skills to make that happen. You might wanna look at the taiwan thread. Regarding dbl eyelids, you might want to check out some before and after pictures to see which style you prefer.

Breeoei: It's not specifically aimed at you lol, just a general comment. I hope you're not considering buccal fat removal. That procedure is so hyped here; aadvark might have had good results, but in an overwhelming majority of cases, it does very little to slim the face - especially if the person is fat to begin with.


cersepn I kinda agree with you about the buccal fat removal...I consulted a surgeon at gleneagles recently...he showed me some photos of his patients who had buccal fat procedure and the results aren't really that great. Yet I ism willing to go through with it even if it means little improvement...the
Singapore surgeon quoted ard 4k and the bkk surgeon's fee is $1100...I wouldn't pay 4K for a job that gives me little improvement....well I am willing to fork out $1100 for that.

I am not a fat person...1.7m weighing 53kg. But the fat around my lower cheek area really bugs me.


haha, actually i've never commented on the results of my buccal fat pad removal, cos i did it with the jaw implants. so now the jaw implants make my face bigger so i dun even noe if the buccal fat pad was how effective. One thing for sure, a LOT of ppl have been asking about it. i revisited a lot of the the thai PS clinic sites and realised buccal fat pad removal has now appeared in their price lists, lol!

if you're slim and still have chubby cheeks, then i recommend buccal, else shld do lipo first


aadvark:)

Would you be so kind as to let me know which hospital has the price list of buccal fat removal.

In 2007, you mentioned that Dr Pat quoted 15,000 baht for your buccal fat removal. He actually quoted me 27500 baht for boths sides and 20000 for one side (planning for January 2009 procedure)

Seems like his charges has increased by leaps and bounds:(
BREE

heloise
Member
Member
Posts: 49
Joined: Fri, 12 Sep 2008

Postby heloise » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:35 am

momoko wrote:For nosejob i think Dr Nara is good enough for a natural enhancement. (given his price :shock: ). Because he doesnt do tiplasty, so you will still look like yourself. People will sense some changes in your appearance, but most of them do not realise it's a nosejob done. Unless u r going for an extreme makeover, i think dr Nara is good enough.

I did rhino 6mths ago.
till date everything is perfect.
but im wondering if anyone experience the same situation as me:
1) nose n nose bridge becomes more prone to little pimple bumps.
2)nostrils, especially near the stitch area, are easily dry and sometimes itchy.

normal?
i highly doubt that it's any case of infection but i think these are some side effects of my nosejob.

Anyone did eyebag removal?
i regret not doing it altogether at one go the last time.
Now im trying to gather more info b4 deciding to do it at Dr Nara or not.
Please help ~ TIA~

ur nose and nose bridge prone to pimple bumps b4 surgery? cos rather difficult to remove from that area, i've been trying to clear mine b4 my rhino in feb :o

tottochan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Postby tottochan » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 1:09 pm

aadvark wrote:
cersepn wrote:tottochan: Actually you're pretty gd looking to begin with. Anyway when aadvark said 'no bridge to begin with'.. i don't think he literally meant totally no bridge, although some people with severe case of bad noses have almost no bridge to begin with. aadvark, aren't you too hard on yourself? Your before nose definitely had bridge leh -__- so critical of your old look.

if you like allthatjazz's results, then go to dr nara. No hard feelings, but i'm not all that impressed by her results.


no, really had no bridge, it was a constant joke in my family, they say from the side, my nose juts out from my face like a chicken beak... yes, it's tough growing up :P

but i agree with cerspen, tottochan looks very pretty le. you seem to have bridge liao, tip also not big... in fact, it looks like u already had rhinoplasty b4, haha :D



Hi Cerspen and aadvark....
Thank you for your kind words.. but I do really fancy a nice elegant nose... (I think it was the angle of those candid pictures that made me look like I have a bridge from the side.. )My nose look really flat from the front.. I think its because I have a slightly more deep set eyes than an average Chinese (courtesy of my mum) but I don't have the nose to balance it ! :o so in contrast, the nose looks flat from the front. My make up/stylist friend keeps encouraging me to make it look just a tad longer and higher to balance my upper face... so I look more refine.... (longer? somehow that makes me think of Pinocchio :P )

After quietly hanging out here in this forum for some time.. I am really inspired by the results some of the guys posted on this forum. (nose envy... :o )and reassure by the information everyone has so freely shared

BTW..I have went to Bumrangrad hospital for a consultation before last month.. not for Rhino but for liposuction on the thighs (inner and outer) and buttock areas... The doctor and nurses that I came into contact with are very polite and patient...It will be done under GA (good!) + one night stay in hospital. The doctor said results for those areas are usually very good.

The consultation is free and my doctor gave me a lot of information and even advise me what kind of supplements/medication I should stop taking weeks prior to the surgery. That was certainly very reassuring. The nurse took my HT, WT and blood pressure and created a patient profile for me. It was all done properly.

The place looks good and professional (their main reception looks like a hotel lobby.. and doorman to get cabs for you) and this may sound stupid but it was reassuring to see a Starbucks and Macdonald in their premises.. makes you feel like you are in safe hands... HAHAHAHA

I like the doctor very very much.. He was patient and forthcoming with information. but I don't like the price tag.. esp when I see what Dr. Nara Charges...Bumrungrad charges 84000 Baht !! for the entire procedure( circumferential thighs & buttocks ) includes everything.. plus the one night stay in hospital. So its quite expensive I suppose right ? :-| Sigh.. Bum-mer.

I guess most of us have already strike out Bumrungrad cause its really expensive compared to the rest but just wanted to share what little experience I have in PS ... feel bad la I have no valuable input to contribute into this forum.

Oh oh if any of you are interested my friend did botox in her jaw to make it less square @ BNH hospital. Results are quite good I think.... I know some of you are considering shaving your jawline( sounds damn scary) .. you may want to to botox first to see whether you want to take the plunge.
Last edited by tottochan on Sun, 23 Nov 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tottochan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Postby tottochan » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 1:15 pm

heloise wrote:
momoko wrote:.............


I did rhino 6mths ago.
till date everything is perfect.
but im wondering if anyone experience the same situation as me:
1) nose n nose bridge becomes more prone to little pimple bumps.
2)nostrils, especially near the stitch area, are easily dry and sometimes itchy.

normal?
i highly doubt that it's any case of infection but i think these are some side effects of my nosejob.

Anyone did eyebag removal?
i regret not doing it altogether at one go the last time.
Now im trying to gather more info b4 deciding to do it at Dr Nara or not.
Please help ~ TIA~

ur nose and nose bridge prone to pimple bumps b4 surgery? cos rather difficult to remove from that area, i've been trying to clear mine b4 my rhino in feb :o


Hi I don't know whether Retin A will help.... It does really clear up your skin and make it glow... and prevent fine lines as well.. but you must follow the instructions very carefully (less in more with Retin A) and be patient because there will be some peeling and redness in the beginning. But bear with it and before you know it.. Its nice glowing skin everyday!! Just load on lots of sun screen. Results may take quite long to show up but its great.

babyruby86
Member
Member
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri, 14 Nov 2008

Postby babyruby86 » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 1:23 pm

anyone knows where to do prominent ears with experienced doctors in bangkok?

tottochan
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 14 Oct 2008

Postby tottochan » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 1:30 pm

Hi peeps....

I think this picture from the front will give you a better idea of how uninspiring my nose looks. :( it looks like a button nose...........

Image



What do you all think ? Any suggestions or advice will greatly appreciated... Thank you very much!! :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 2:09 pm

Already said mah.. if you like dr nara's work then go to him loh. Just know that if you do only an implant (which is what dr nara and most other thai docs do), the most significant change will be in the bridge. The tip MIGHT become a little bit sharper, but not drastically. So if you're looking for an obvious change both in the bridge AND tip, you have to look into korea/taiwan. Some people are over the moon the moment they get a little bit of bridge and think it's the best nose job ever, but others with higher expectations don't. It really depends on your expectations and what you want.

Anyway, I'll probably do a mega post on rhinoplasty soon in a separate topic to help all the new people around, with all the repeated questions and what not lol.

What's BNH hospital?

queries
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Thu, 20 Nov 2008
Location: Singapore

Re: HELP!

Postby queries » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 3:07 pm

aadvark wrote:
queries wrote:
aadvark wrote:
queries wrote:Hi, I am new here.

I am thinking of doing rhinoplasty at bangkok hospital in feb next year.

Any advice or recommendations? Are there other hospitals which are better than bangkok hospital? Or does any of you know which are the better doctors for this procedure in bangkok hospital?

Thanks.


what's bangkok hospital?


hmm... bangkok hospital: http://www.bangkokhospital.com/

I have emailed a few doctors from there:
Jaturong
Sorawut
Pichit
Worawat
Chalermpong

I have also emailed 2 doctors from yanhee:
Sukit
Somsak

Are they of any good?

Please advise, because I really have no idea how to go about doing this...


interesting, never came across this place b4... their website currently got problems, will check it out again tmr :)


aadvark, thanks for all the advice. so as the expert you are, which will you recommend?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests