Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Vern
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Sat, 30 Aug 2008

Postby Vern » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 9:33 pm

Maverick, how much is your nose job?

are you on MSN? you can email me at eclecticjems@hotmail.com

furly angel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 09 Apr 2008

Postby furly angel » Fri, 05 Sep 2008 10:14 pm

bigfaced wrote:
Maverick21 wrote:Jaw reduction surgery is a pretty major op. Down time if I am not wrong is about 3 weeks. You might want to consider it first as opposed to having jaw reduction using botox. A lot of ppl have tried it and it works on most, especially if you have strong jaw muscles.

If you are going Yanhee, I would recommentd Dr Greechart as he is the head of department for ps.

Hope this helps..


i'd given great thought to it... mine is definately jaw bone instead of the common jaw muscles... tt's e reason y i op for a surgery then to go for botox...
but the website of yanhee only state tt hospitalisation for 2 nites... but y is it so tt it takes 3 weeks? i can only afford to skip lessons and my part time job for a week plus...
or is there any other doc in thailand tt u can recommend who is skilled in such surgery?



Hi, im also intending to head yanhee for double eyelid and jaw reduction or face lipo. probably in dec or jan? wanna go together?
beauty is confidence

bigfaced
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby bigfaced » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:09 am

Maverick21 wrote:Cos it involves the shaving of your jaw bone(ouch), there can be quite a bit of trauma involving your face... The two days hospital stay is to observe whether there is any side effects, one week is definitely not enough. As of now , I'm about to recover but still there is some swelling and bruises... Do you need a chin implant instead? Cos it's impt to the symmetry of your face too...

The person I can think of in Thailand is Dr Charan. He is trained in craniofacial surgery and american ps board certified. The other guy is Dr Somyos. But both their prices don't come cheap, comparable to ps in Taiwan.

Hope this helps


how much will it be for Dr Charan or Dr Somyos? the average will be ard USD2500 includin the hospitalisation fees? do u noe any1 who had a similar surgery and can relate their experiences to me?

i dun think tt i need a chin implant... i'm worried bout putting "things" in more than takin things out... so i'd juz go for jaw shavin. is it really tt painful? by the words, it sounds dreadly painful but i'm not tt sure in reality... my chin is slightly pointed... it's juz tt my jaws are too big which made my face look pretty round and broad... hai... really sad when i see my own photos...

bigfaced
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby bigfaced » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:12 am

furly angel wrote:
bigfaced wrote:
Maverick21 wrote:Jaw reduction surgery is a pretty major op. Down time if I am not wrong is about 3 weeks. You might want to consider it first as opposed to having jaw reduction using botox. A lot of ppl have tried it and it works on most, especially if you have strong jaw muscles.

If you are going Yanhee, I would recommentd Dr Greechart as he is the head of department for ps.

Hope this helps..


i'd given great thought to it... mine is definately jaw bone instead of the common jaw muscles... tt's e reason y i op for a surgery then to go for botox...
but the website of yanhee only state tt hospitalisation for 2 nites... but y is it so tt it takes 3 weeks? i can only afford to skip lessons and my part time job for a week plus...
or is there any other doc in thailand tt u can recommend who is skilled in such surgery?



Hi, im also intending to head yanhee for double eyelid and jaw reduction or face lipo. probably in dec or jan? wanna go together?


sure... y not u leave me ur email? i'll mail u my no... then u can contact me in private? seems not too safe to leave our contacts here...

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 12:33 am

Seriously I don't know how it feels like to shave your jaw bone as I had never done it before but it should be more painful than implants which for me, for the first day, is pretty painful.... But I guess you have to pay a price for beauty, just like me haha.... We are all vain pp right?

Think there is someone who has done it... Try searching the ps abroad thread... This guy did something to his jaw too in Taiwan...

As for the price think you have to e mail them for quotes....

furly angel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 09 Apr 2008

Postby furly angel » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 1:00 am

I remember reading other forum saying jaw shaving(jaw reduction) is $2.5k in yanhee. Dont know how true about that but it is more expensive than any other methods if its true.
beauty is confidence

boicott
Regular
Regular
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun, 06 Apr 2008
Location: Singapore

bone shaving

Postby boicott » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 3:03 am

Anybody interested to do bone shaving?

Any contacts for any gd doctors? in bkk/taiwan/korea?

Recently consulted a korean doc, n the price was like USD 4500 for jaw reduction and jaw reduction each. Is that the standard price? cos it'll be like USD9000 for both which isn't exactly v cheap?

thanks for any feedbacks.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: bone shaving

Postby aadvark » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 5:03 am

boicott wrote:Anybody interested to do bone shaving?

Any contacts for any gd doctors? in bkk/taiwan/korea?

Recently consulted a korean doc, n the price was like USD 4500 for jaw reduction and jaw reduction each. Is that the standard price? cos it'll be like USD9000 for both which isn't exactly v cheap?

thanks for any feedbacks.


helped my fren ask for yoskarn b4, think jaw reduction is abt 4k sgd. just some info for your reference :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

bigfaced
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu, 04 Sep 2008

Postby bigfaced » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 9:45 am

wat bout tokai clinic? any recommendations of doc there?

erm... aadvark...
where or who is yoskarn?

i'm really determined to undergo jaw shavin to reduce my face size...

furly angel,
not sure y... but i can't reply ur pm... y not u pm me ur msn?
i'm considerin between tokai or yanhee for the jaw reduction surgery...

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 2:30 pm

With prices that high, really should go taiwan/korea instead.
To the people who say that thai doctors are good at face reshaping / jaw reduction.. Go take a look at those trans work done. I've seen quite abit of feminization jaw surgery work and the results are quite poor as compared to the taiwan/korea drs.

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 3:35 pm

I beg to disagree with you. Within a country there must be good and not so good surgeons. It's a matter of finding the right one. That is why we have this forum to give pp advice and also share with each other. I have seen very beautiful "katoeys".... Of course there are also black sheep.. In fact I think there are quite a lot in Thailand... These doctors might not be trained in ps and yet are doing it cos of the demand... So it imperative that you do your homework before doing anything...

Just my two cents worth...

yukikoh
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat, 06 Sep 2008

Postby yukikoh » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 7:03 pm

Hi, I'm new here.Is it safe to do liposuction in Thailland?Any doctor to recommend?How about the cost?

paulabreen
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 19
Joined: Sun, 10 Aug 2008
Location: australia

Postby paulabreen » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 7:36 pm

hi guys can anyone recommend a good dental place
in bangkok or haytai, i am getting work done with dr nara but also want to get dental work -veneers and teeth whitening. thanks mil

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 216
Joined: Sat, 26 Apr 2008

Postby cersepn » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 10:35 pm

Maverick21 wrote:I beg to disagree with you. Within a country there must be good and not so good surgeons. It's a matter of finding the right one. That is why we have this forum to give pp advice and also share with each other. I have seen very beautiful "katoeys".... Of course there are also black sheep.. In fact I think there are quite a lot in Thailand... These doctors might not be trained in ps and yet are doing it cos of the demand... So it imperative that you do your homework before doing anything...

Just my two cents worth...

Well, you didn't respond directly to what i said..
Firstly, ethnic thai people don't really have huge masseters and wide angled jaws, unlike many chinese like us. Going along that line, it's safe to say the doctors don't need to do as much jaw shaving for them as compared to us locals => not as difficult.

The many trans cases i saw are of ang mohs with the real macho jaws (Think Brad Pitt) and the end result looked kinda fake, jaw looking like it's being chopped off without good contour. I'm not here to spread propaganda but giving my honest take on this. Jaw shaving is a super major surgery so that's why im voicing out my opinion on this.. i usually don't give a damn.

If you get a bad nose job, you can still do a revision.. Once you cut the jaws, you'll never get back the missing bone.

If you think i'm talking nonsense here, please.... for your own body, go research on this. There's been quite a few TW sites posted by people before about doctors specializing in this surgery, so see for yourself and let your eyes be the judge :)

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Sat, 06 Sep 2008 11:52 pm

I have read those web sites and I agree with you that Taiwan and Korea doctors are good in this kind of surgery... Hell I'm even thinking of going there for jaw implants myself next time... But that does not mean Thai doctors are no good in this...

Some of the doctors in Thailand actually have a large number of foreign patients which want to do major surgery like cheek, jaw implant etc... And I believe these doctors have the capability to do it right.. You might be right in saying that the facial contours of a Thai are different of that an Chinese but using my case as an example, Dr Preecha actually operates on pp all around the world even Japan and Taiwan... So my guess is his wealth of experience would be an reassuring factor to anyone who wants to do it there....

After saying all this, I'm not discouraging or encouraging anyone to go Thailand for their Ps. It's their own decision and for anyone going for ps pls.... pls.... Do more research and ask before going... Cheers and peace...


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests