Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
allthatjazz
Member
Member
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue, 03 Jun 2008

Postby allthatjazz » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 8:38 pm

how's the situation in thailand now?
is it still safe to go to Hatyai? i already bought my grassland free and easy package and they refuse to entertain any changes. =(

summerboy02
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 17 Oct 2007

Postby summerboy02 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 9:34 pm

Dr Puttisak only gave me antibiotics that lasted me slightly less than a week.I visited my GP for more as slight bleeding set in after a week of my Rhinoplasty and I do not want to risk any infection.

I showed my GP the antibiotics that Dr Puttisak presrcibe and he told me that the antibiotics prescribe is not strong enough for such a surgery done on a person.Therefore,my GP gave me a better n stronger antibiotics for another week.

Dr Puttisak said I only need to use wet cotton bud to clean my nose but my GP is against it as he feel that cotton bud dip with SALINE will be better to rid any bacteria.

Guys,do take note if any of you are doing Rhinoplasty.Consult your GP if you are in any doubts or if u feel that the antibiotics is not working for you.

typical_gal89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby typical_gal89 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:06 pm

buttercookiebb wrote:i am worried too as i am travelling alone, is it safe to travel there during this period? i will be going 2 weeks time :?


When are you going cause i thought of going in Sep too. You are going by coach or flight?

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:19 pm

Is it normal if I do not have any bleeding at all? I did rhino too.... Just now tried to sleep, anaethesia wear off, wa lau pain man.... Now after taking pain killers feeling better..... Not much swelling yet... But can see faint black marks around the eyes...

Bangkok seems ok to me le.... Ppl still go around working and I still see a lot of people on the streets... Still the same... Do not know about Hat Yai though...

typical_gal89
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu, 28 Aug 2008

Postby typical_gal89 » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 10:59 pm

Just curious if girl's going to Dr Nara during Sep? I need company as i'm afraid to go alone T_T

furly angel
Regular
Regular
Posts: 62
Joined: Wed, 09 Apr 2008

Postby furly angel » Tue, 02 Sep 2008 11:16 pm

typical_gal89 wrote:Just curious if girl's going to Dr Nara during Sep? I need company as i'm afraid to go alone T_T


If im not wrong Dr nara is already book all the way till end of Sept. If u have not make appointment yet, you gotta cal and make one now if u plan to go soon.
beauty is confidence

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:14 am

Maverick21 wrote:Is it normal if I do not have any bleeding at all? I did rhino too.... Just now tried to sleep, anaethesia wear off, wa lau pain man.... Now after taking pain killers feeling better..... Not much swelling yet... But can see faint black marks around the eyes...

Bangkok seems ok to me le.... Ppl still go around working and I still see a lot of people on the streets... Still the same... Do not know about Hat Yai though...


i didn't have any bleeding either. black or yellow bruises can appear under the eye around cheek area; can appear anytime from 2nd day to 6th day, so dun be alarmed.

hatyai shld be even less affected than bkk.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:15 am

summerboy02 wrote:Dr Puttisak only gave me antibiotics that lasted me slightly less than a week.I visited my GP for more as slight bleeding set in after a week of my Rhinoplasty and I do not want to risk any infection.

I showed my GP the antibiotics that Dr Puttisak presrcibe and he told me that the antibiotics prescribe is not strong enough for such a surgery done on a person.Therefore,my GP gave me a better n stronger antibiotics for another week.

Dr Puttisak said I only need to use wet cotton bud to clean my nose but my GP is against it as he feel that cotton bud dip with SALINE will be better to rid any bacteria.

Guys,do take note if any of you are doing Rhinoplasty.Consult your GP if you are in any doubts or if u feel that the antibiotics is not working for you.


yeah, some forumers who went to nara also not enuff antibiotics. Nara gave us alcohol to swab the wound, to keep it clean. u can try alcohol too
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

summerboy02
Regular
Regular
Posts: 66
Joined: Wed, 17 Oct 2007

Postby summerboy02 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 12:55 am

aadvark wrote:
summerboy02 wrote:Dr Puttisak only gave me antibiotics that lasted me slightly less than a week.I visited my GP for more as slight bleeding set in after a week of my Rhinoplasty and I do not want to risk any infection.

I showed my GP the antibiotics that Dr Puttisak presrcibe and he told me that the antibiotics prescribe is not strong enough for such a surgery done on a person.Therefore,my GP gave me a better n stronger antibiotics for another week.

Dr Puttisak said I only need to use wet cotton bud to clean my nose but my GP is against it as he feel that cotton bud dip with SALINE will be better to rid any bacteria.

Guys,do take note if any of you are doing Rhinoplasty.Consult your GP if you are in any doubts or if u feel that the antibiotics is not working for you.


yeah, some forumers who went to nara also not enuff antibiotics. Nara gave us alcohol to swab the wound, to keep it clean. u can try alcohol too


The scary part is that according to my GP the antibiotics given is not strong enough for a Rhino surgery.So my GP prescribe a stronger one for me for another week.My GP gave a saline to clean the wounds whereas DR Puttisak only ask to use cotton bud dip with normal water to clean the wounds. :???:

aadvark,how long should i continue with my antibiotics?I done my Rhino on 25th AUg...Two weeks should be sufficient right?
thanks

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 7:40 am

Hi forumers just asking when you guys did rhino, the first few days the nose should be swollen and thus still can see the nostrils right? For myself it's better than pre op days but still can see a bit of nostrils. The nose tip will go down further right?

Anyway it's the second day of my post op. Still not much swelling but a bit more than yesterday. Some slight bruising. Maybe Sineech and Bromelain really helps.... Cannot really sleep well as you guys can see it's only 7 in the morning and 6am in Bkk.Will go back to sleep once the Zzzz bug comes though.... Luckily room have Dvd player and internet connection...

Was wondering when can I go out.... Maybe fifth day ba.... Still 3 more days to go... Plus today 4 haha....

buttercookiebb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 29 Jul 2008

Postby buttercookiebb » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:52 am

:?
Last edited by buttercookiebb on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 4:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

buttercookiebb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 29 Jul 2008

Postby buttercookiebb » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 11:55 am

:?
Last edited by buttercookiebb on Thu, 25 Sep 2008 4:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 2:40 pm

Hi why do you want to do implant from the outside? It will leave a scar... From what I know the bandage is meant to keep the implant in place... So it will be more advisable to have it instead

buttercookiebb
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Tue, 29 Jul 2008

Postby buttercookiebb » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 2:47 pm

:D
Last edited by buttercookiebb on Tue, 09 Sep 2008 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Maverick21
Regular
Regular
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon, 30 Jun 2008

Postby Maverick21 » Wed, 03 Sep 2008 3:04 pm

Just have to take care of yourself I guess. Practise oral hygiene i.e brush teeth regularly and listerine you should be fine. Thats what I'm doing now.


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests