Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 01 May 2008 5:33 pm

astrogirl wrote:
leav wrote:HI all, need ur help, is this normal for alar to take so long to heal? my alar is like the 8th day already and still its like this


[img][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4487/74913205ex7.th.jpg[/img][/img]


any thing to make it heal faster?
]
thanks[/img]


Looks like weeping blisters..........they look like tiny bubbles and wet, you best have it checked with a dr and do something soon!
Scabs usually refers to dried, hard caps on tender wounds that have healed flatish looking. If the scab falls off, the wound would be healed and looks pink. If the scab is accidently pulled off, at most the wound is some small cut or bleeding but it is flat. Yours is not scabs.


that looks bad, the area where he stitched quite big also. nara's alar normally is just at the base, not seen at the side. better get it looked at soon
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

qwertyuiop
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun, 13 Apr 2008

Postby qwertyuiop » Thu, 01 May 2008 6:55 pm

to sammyboi: yes, end of may but on the 28th (may change to june, not sure yet)
the arnica cream i have is from jurlique. it's supposed to help with bruising. bruises developed after the surgery on the sides of my nose and i applied the cream to them. the bruises were gone in the morning.
i was there alone, and i went back the next day after surgery.

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Thu, 01 May 2008 8:36 pm

leav wrote:
snowss wrote:
leav wrote:HI all, need ur help, is this normal for alar to take so long to heal? my alar is like the 8th day already and still its like this


[img][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4487/74913205ex7.th.jpg[/img][/img]


any thing to make it heal faster?
]
thanks[/img]




hi

By 8th day it shld have healed alrdy.

Have u removed the stitches??
I had mine removed on the 6th day and i returned back to work on the 7th day...looking normal except tat my facial expression is a bit stiff :-|


SERIOUS!?! what the hell, why is mine like that, it has THIS LARGE SCAB on both side OMG! my stiches are dissovalbe kind so dont have to remove where did u do urs snoows? im damn pissed


My alar stitches were removed at a local polyclinic...
At first, when I got my turn to consult the doctor telling her that I am here to remove my stitches as I have gone for PS and the PS doctor wanted me to get it removed on tat day...The female doc was quite reluctant...She even asked another doctor to take a look at my stitches...

The 2 of them kept insisting tat it's dissolvable..dun need to remove.
I had no choice but to tell them to remove it...They told me tat in Spore, those dissolvable ones are transparent(like what I am having)...Under my agreement, they got it removed.....I even had to sign an agreement form in case if anything happened, the polyclinic will not be held responsible :?

While removing, she said if the stitches were dissolvable and she were to pull it out...my whole skin will come out as dissolvable stitches tend to bind on to the flesh...in the end...my alar stitches were removed with ease(except the pain when she kept pressing on to my nose :mad: )
(=^_^=)

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 01 May 2008 9:45 pm

leav, where did u do ur alar?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

lil_ab
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby lil_ab » Thu, 01 May 2008 10:59 pm

aadvark wrote:
astrogirl wrote:
leav wrote:HI all, need ur help, is this normal for alar to take so long to heal? my alar is like the 8th day already and still its like this


[img][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4487/74913205ex7.th.jpg[/img][/img]


any thing to make it heal faster?
]
thanks[/img]


Looks like weeping blisters..........they look like tiny bubbles and wet, you best have it checked with a dr and do something soon!
Scabs usually refers to dried, hard caps on tender wounds that have healed flatish looking. If the scab falls off, the wound would be healed and looks pink. If the scab is accidently pulled off, at most the wound is some small cut or bleeding but it is flat. Yours is not scabs.


that looks bad, the area where he stitched quite big also. nara's alar normally is just at the base, not seen at the side. better get it looked at soon


hey leav, where did u get yr alar done. I think it looks infected.
Oh yes, u mention is about the 8th day, is stitches removed or still intact? If u got it removed, it shouldnt even look like that. :-| Pls consult a GP asap and not leave it as it is??

Pls view the link i attached, manage to retrieve e photo i have taken to show it to u. I got mine done with Dr Nara, and the cutting up n stitches is located at the base, not all e way to the outer part of it. It looks neater as i am able to see the stitch and e pic is taken on day 2 after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... 0081-1.jpg

After stitches is removed, e alar shld look like this pic below. About 8 or 9th day after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... edited.jpg
Confession with yr mouth and believing in yr heart

leav
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 08 Mar 2008

Postby leav » Thu, 01 May 2008 11:23 pm

lil_ab wrote:
aadvark wrote:
astrogirl wrote:
leav wrote:HI all, need ur help, is this normal for alar to take so long to heal? my alar is like the 8th day already and still its like this


[img][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4487/74913205ex7.th.jpg[/img][/img]


any thing to make it heal faster?
]
thanks[/img]



Looks like weeping blisters..........they look like tiny bubbles and wet, you best have it checked with a dr and do something soon!
Scabs usually refers to dried, hard caps on tender wounds that have healed flatish looking. If the scab falls off, the wound would be healed and looks pink. If the scab is accidently pulled off, at most the wound is some small cut or bleeding but it is flat. Yours is not scabs.


that looks bad, the area where he stitched quite big also. nara's alar normally is just at the base, not seen at the side. better get it looked at soon


hey leav, where did u get yr alar done. I think it looks infected.
Oh yes, u mention is about the 8th day, is stitches removed or still intact? If u got it removed, it shouldnt even look like that. :-| Pls consult a GP asap and not leave it as it is??

Pls view the link i attached, manage to retrieve e photo i have taken to show it to u. I got mine done with Dr Nara, and the cutting up n stitches is located at the base, not all e way to the outer part of it. It looks neater as i am able to see the stitch and e pic is taken on day 2 after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... 0081-1.jpg

After stitches is removed, e alar shld look like this pic below. About 8 or 9th day after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... edited.jpg



hey thanks for that pic, i wonder why mine is like that? anyways that gel thing is aloe vera HAHA i put a HUGE layer over those stupid scabs, quite certain is scab cos they are like falling off but not yet kind but after looking at those pics, i WAS WONDERING WHY is my SUCH A HUGE piece, so diff from urs? or is it because i told doc to remove more cos i wanted the sides to be smaller too? wth ahha

i did my with dr pat, just emailed him whether its like that. my stiches are dissovable so i guess cant remove at clinic?
is there something to make scabs dissolve faster?

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 01 May 2008 11:31 pm

leav wrote:
lil_ab wrote:
aadvark wrote:
astrogirl wrote:
leav wrote:HI all, need ur help, is this normal for alar to take so long to heal? my alar is like the 8th day already and still its like this


[img][img]http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4487/74913205ex7.th.jpg[/img][/img]


any thing to make it heal faster?
]
thanks[/img]



Looks like weeping blisters..........they look like tiny bubbles and wet, you best have it checked with a dr and do something soon!
Scabs usually refers to dried, hard caps on tender wounds that have healed flatish looking. If the scab falls off, the wound would be healed and looks pink. If the scab is accidently pulled off, at most the wound is some small cut or bleeding but it is flat. Yours is not scabs.


that looks bad, the area where he stitched quite big also. nara's alar normally is just at the base, not seen at the side. better get it looked at soon


hey leav, where did u get yr alar done. I think it looks infected.
Oh yes, u mention is about the 8th day, is stitches removed or still intact? If u got it removed, it shouldnt even look like that. :-| Pls consult a GP asap and not leave it as it is??

Pls view the link i attached, manage to retrieve e photo i have taken to show it to u. I got mine done with Dr Nara, and the cutting up n stitches is located at the base, not all e way to the outer part of it. It looks neater as i am able to see the stitch and e pic is taken on day 2 after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... 0081-1.jpg

After stitches is removed, e alar shld look like this pic below. About 8 or 9th day after surgery.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii15 ... edited.jpg



hey thanks for that pic, i wonder why mine is like that? anyways that gel thing is aloe vera HAHA i put a HUGE layer over those stupid scabs, quite certain is scab cos they are like falling off but not yet kind but after looking at those pics, i WAS WONDERING WHY is my SUCH A HUGE piece, so diff from urs? or is it because i told doc to remove more cos i wanted the sides to be smaller too? wth ahha

i did my with dr pat, just emailed him whether its like that. my stiches are dissovable so i guess cant remove at clinic?
is there something to make scabs dissolve faster?


are they dry? cos the pix look very wet, is that due to the aloe gel?
if really scabs then let them drop off, if u peel, may leave scar
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

lil_ab
Member
Member
Posts: 42
Joined: Mon, 10 Dec 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby lil_ab » Thu, 01 May 2008 11:31 pm

hey leav,

no problem on that. Is prob due to e aloe vera u applied on, that cause all the WOW and EEee . . it look reali scary. I do not know what can actually remove the scabs, but then bfore i went for my surgery, i consult my GP and told him that i am doing alarplasty, and i asked what should i do to minimise the scar. He gave me SAEROGENTA-A cream to applied on after cleaning, and also a purplish solution to mix with water to clean the wound. Thats is when i see scabs falling off ( cleaning will remove scabs ? ) when i dip the solution wif cotton bud and clean it gently around e base. ( cleaning, is a daily thing till i removed the stitch )

:)
Confession with yr mouth and believing in yr heart

leav
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 08 Mar 2008

Postby leav » Thu, 01 May 2008 11:55 pm

yeah it was majority of the aloe vera gel plus some creamy stuff dr pat gave me to apply. haha

Which GP did u go to? haha yeah its ldamn itchy and i really cant wait for them to all drop out but its like taking so long oh man anwyays THANKS FOR ALL UR ADVICE AND CONCERN!

astrogirl
Regular
Regular
Posts: 140
Joined: Thu, 08 Jun 2006

Postby astrogirl » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:52 am

leav wrote:yeah it was majority of the aloe vera gel plus some creamy stuff dr pat gave me to apply. haha

Which GP did u go to? haha yeah its ldamn itchy and i really cant wait for them to all drop out but its like taking so long oh man anwyays THANKS FOR ALL UR ADVICE AND CONCERN!


What a scare..........so it's just blobs of aloe vera gel?!?!?! Guess we can't really come to conclusions with just looking at photos! It good that you explained.

Scabs are crusty bits of dried harden skin, mostly dark reddish/brown. This scab is protecting your skin underneath like a cap covering your new healing skin. It will fall off when your skin is completely healed. If you pluck it before it's healed, it will rip your skin and open another wound, another scab will form to protect the open skin. Then the healing time is prolonged again.

It's either a drying/dried scab with itch (a good thing here) or weeping soft scab/skin infection, so leave the scab alone and don't complicate matters. Wet scabs will take longer, it has to dry off to heal faster and fall off.

On the other hand, if the scab is hard and just hanging on by a thread, there is a chance, while sleeping or being careless and it gets rip off. I usually put a plaster on when I sleep, incase I start scratching in my sleep.

There is a cream 'SOOV cream' you may like to try. It is an antispetic cream with pain/itch relief (good for home first aid kit). You can find it at pharmacy for $10+ -----PLEASE NOTE- this is not a replacement for ps dr's meds/creams. Just a suggestion since you mentioned itch is unbearable, so just to help you through the itching scab period if you've run out of dr's med creams. This is just a first aid kit item.

When in doubt, or if you run a fever, please consult Dr.
astrogirl

leav
Member
Member
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat, 08 Mar 2008

Postby leav » Fri, 02 May 2008 1:18 pm

i just went to a GP, he removed much of my scabs and stitches on the left nostril so it looks normal now, just that the right nostril scabs are too hard so now waiting for them to drop out and stitches to dissolve. things are looking better! phew*

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Fri, 02 May 2008 5:34 pm

leav wrote:i just went to a GP, he removed much of my scabs and stitches on the left nostril so it looks normal now, just that the right nostril scabs are too hard so now waiting for them to drop out and stitches to dissolve. things are looking better! phew*


wow, no marks left behind right after he removed the scabs?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
milkboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby milkboy » Fri, 02 May 2008 10:54 pm

i'm visiting dr nara on june 11th anyone wanna go?

mini_me
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri, 21 Dec 2007

Postby mini_me » Sat, 03 May 2008 12:43 am

veneers at Dr Nara.. how long will it all take ? will it take a week ? May i have Dr Nara's website ?

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sat, 03 May 2008 6:33 am

mini_me wrote:veneers at Dr Nara.. how long will it all take ? will it take a week ? May i have Dr Nara's website ?


dr nara doesn't do veneers, nor does he have a website, u can email him though, details found on 1st page of this thread
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests