Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Sat, 26 Apr 2008 11:59 pm

aadvark wrote:
snowss wrote:I had rhino and alar in Feb by Dr Nara...overall i am quite pleased with my nose bridge...but then again, I will be heading to tokai for tipplasty(no choice....my nose tip too big liao)

I had email Dr Pat from Tokai, he mentioned that if he is going to do tipplasty he have to remove my implant do tipplasty then place the implant back....The whole procedure will be 30,000Baht...
Since I mentioned to him that I have done alar and rhino, he said that my big tip may be due to improper implant size....which I doubt so...coze I compared my before and after nose, my nose tip is big :shock: as borned..
After the surgeries by Dr Nara, my nose ridge has visible rim :)

I even asked Dr Pat about buccal fat pad removal...I want to make my 'fleshy round' face...more to the oval sized :wink: As well as cheek (malar) implants....He quoted me 25,000Baht for each surgeries...


Nose surgery+buccal fat pad removal+cheek implants= 80,000Baht....Do U think I can ask him for discount or stick to the price that he have quoted me???


ask for discount! :D



I emailed Dr.Pat as regards to discount...Here's the following: ''However for our good relation we are please to discount for you more 5,000 Baht.after deposit already'' So the total will be 75,000Baht instead of 80,000Baht :P :P
(=^_^=)

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Re: Dr nara

Postby snowss » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:06 am

nosecraze wrote:Hey, thought of doing rhinoplasty, alarplasty with dr nara.
But wanna ask u guys, roughly how long it will take for me to be fit for work?

Any advice or tips to do before and after surgery??

Thanks so much!


I did the 2 surgeries as mentioned...It will take abt one week or so..

I did the surgeries on a Sat and returned back to work the next Fri...had my stitches removed on thurs..

During the swelling process, do rmb to keep ur stitches clean be good and clean thoroughly :) Avoid seafood or spicy stuffs...Take more fruits, fish, and Vitamin C...


Hope this helps :wink:
Last edited by snowss on Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(=^_^=)

User avatar
appletree
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 339
Joined: Fri, 02 Mar 2007

Postby appletree » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 7:19 am

Hi people,

may i know if dr pat is the only person that performs lipo for face in thailand as understand that dr nara doesnt do lipo for face? And just curious how much is dr pat charging for a face lipo? If i just wana do lipo for face only, do i have to do lipo for other body areas in order to balances the fats ??
Hope you guys can help with my questions.. thanks :P

User avatar
milkboy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun, 27 Apr 2008

Postby milkboy » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 10:54 am

hi ppl i'm new here... wanna ask which place to go for ps dr nara or tokai? i got a double chin thinking of removing it

adonz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby adonz » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:13 am

for those who have done rhino with dr nara, may i know if the stitches are visible? how many days muz u wait before removing them?

will the swelling be so obvious that ppl will know u have done ur nose?

snowss
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed, 12 Dec 2007

Postby snowss » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:00 pm

adonz wrote:for those who have done rhino with dr nara, may i know if the stitches are visible? how many days muz u wait before removing them?

will the swelling be so obvious that ppl will know u have done ur nose?


Ok..i shall ans this qns.

For rhino, the stitches are inside the nosthils and are dissolvable...they will dissolve like in 2 weeks or so.

Only for alar, the stitches u will have to get it removed (the nurse will advise u when to) and are visible to the eye as they are along the base of the nose.

After the 2nd day of surgery, it's when the face will start to swell...My face swelled like a battered victim and got lotsa stares along the way when I came back to Spore :shock:

I did the surgery on a Sat and returned back to work the following Fri...no body asked anything abt my nose...Swelling will take abt a week or so.

If u take really good care during ur swelling process, u will heal faster :)

Good luck :wink:
(=^_^=)

qwertyuiop
Member
Member
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun, 13 Apr 2008

Postby qwertyuiop » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 2:55 pm

hi, just got back from hat yai. went to see dr nara. wanted to do alarplasty and not rhinoplasty. but the doctor said my nose is actually considered to be small and alarplasty is not needed. he said i should get a nose implant instead because it's my lack of a nose bridge that gives the impression of a wide nose. so i did rhinoplasty. it was quite fast and i didn't feel much pain until a few hours later when i'm back in the hotel. took 2 painkillers and it was okay. the next day, there was no need for painkillers but like some have said, the face started to swell. my nose, eyes and cheeks swelled so badly i looked like an alien and the customs officer kept looking at me and my passport photo (but he let me through la). on the way home, i received a lot of stares from strangers too. felt quite miserable. can't imagine what it would have been like if i did alar too, and had stitches under my nose. i think i'll wait about a month or two to see if dr nara was right (he'd said that my nose won't look big but if i still want to do alar, i can go back to him again.) although right now, i kind of regret not getting alar done at the same time too. because i have one week off now and i'm not sure when i can get a break again.
oh well, now that i'm home, i'm just waiting and hoping i'll recover quickly. i take the antibiotics, vit c and drink a lot pineapple juice. diet is fish, tofu, fruits and cereal with soya bean milk. i apply ice packs to my eyes and nose. anything else i should be doing to speed up the recovery process?

sammyboi
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 24 Apr 2008
Location: singapore

Postby sammyboi » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 3:23 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:hi, just got back from hat yai. went to see dr nara. wanted to do alarplasty and not rhinoplasty. but the doctor said my nose is actually considered to be small and alarplasty is not needed. he said i should get a nose implant instead because it's my lack of a nose bridge

that gives the impression of a wide nose. so i did rhinoplasty. it was quite fast and i didn't feel much pain until a few hours later when i'm back in the hotel. took 2 painkillers and it was okay. the next day, there was no need for painkillers but like some have said, the face started to swell. my nose, eyes and cheeks swelled so badly i looked like an alien and the customs officer kept looking at me and my passport photo (but he let me through la). on the way home, i received a lot of stares from strangers too. felt quite miserable. can't imagine what it would have been like if i did alar too, and had stitches under my nose. i think i'll wait about a month or two to see if dr nara was right (he'd said that my nose won't look big but if i still want to do alar, i can go back to him again.) although right now, i kind of regret not getting alar done at the same time too. because i have one week off now and i'm not sure when i can get a break again.
oh well, now that i'm home, i'm just waiting and hoping i'll recover quickly. i take the antibiotics, vit c and drink a lot pineapple juice. diet is fish, tofu, fruits and cereal with soya bean milk. i apply ice packs to my eyes and nose. anything else i should be doing to speed up the recovery process?



i am so excited .. am going there in may.... lol same ..doing my nose n dimples..anyone can share how they do the dimple?

sammyboi
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 24 Apr 2008
Location: singapore

Postby sammyboi » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 3:39 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:hi, just got back from hat yai. went to see dr nara. wanted to do alarplasty and not rhinoplasty. but the doctor said my nose is actually considered to be small and alarplasty is not needed. he said i should get a nose implant instead because it's my lack of a nose bridge that gives the impression of a wide nose. so i did rhinoplasty. it was quite fast and i didn't feel much pain until a few hours later when i'm back in the hotel. took 2 painkillers and it was okay. the next day, there was no need for painkillers but like some have said, the face started to swell. my nose, eyes and cheeks swelled so badly i looked like an alien and the customs officer kept looking at me and my passport photo (but he let me through la). on the way home, i received a lot of stares from strangers too. felt quite miserable. can't imagine what it would have been like if i did alar too, and had stitches under my nose. i think i'll wait about a month or two to see if dr nara was right (he'd said that my nose won't look big but if i still want to do alar, i can go back to him again.) although right now, i kind of regret not getting alar done at the same time too. .because i have one week off now and i'm not sure when i can get a break again.
oh well, now that i'm home, i'm just waiting and hoping i'll recover quickly. i take the antibiotics, vit c and drink a lot pineapple juice. diet is fish, tofu, fruits and cereal with soya bean milk. i apply ice packs to my eyes and nose. anything else i should be doing to speed up the recovery process?


i suppose washing ur face is kidna difficult rite? hmm if do nose le, then always haevto wear contacts even at home,? coze if u wear glasses,there might be pressure on the bridge... hmm then how can i hid my face wif sunglass while on my way back home from hat yai?

sammyboi
Member
Member
Posts: 23
Joined: Thu, 24 Apr 2008
Location: singapore

Postby sammyboi » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 3:42 pm

aadvark wrote:
FlyingMice wrote:does Tokai have a website? Does anyone did jaw shaving with Tokai before? pricing wise it is very cheap as compare to other surgeon but not sure if it's safe..


http://www.tokaiclinic.com


hey u ever did dimple? tell me how they do one?

adonz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby adonz » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 3:48 pm

qwertyuiop wrote:hi, just got back from hat yai. went to see dr nara. wanted to do alarplasty and not rhinoplasty. but the doctor said my nose is actually considered to be small and alarplasty is not needed. he said i should get a nose implant instead because it's my lack of a nose bridge that gives the impression of a wide nose. so i did rhinoplasty. it was quite fast and i didn't feel much pain until a few hours later when i'm back in the hotel. took 2 painkillers and it was okay. the next day, there was no need for painkillers but like some have said, the face started to swell. my nose, eyes and cheeks swelled so badly i looked like an alien and the customs officer kept looking at me and my passport photo (but he let me through la). on the way home, i received a lot of stares from strangers too. felt quite miserable. can't imagine what it would have been like if i did alar too, and had stitches under my nose. i think i'll wait about a month or two to see if dr nara was right (he'd said that my nose won't look big but if i still want to do alar, i can go back to him again.) although right now, i kind of regret not getting alar done at the same time too. because i have one week off now and i'm not sure when i can get a break again.
oh well, now that i'm home, i'm just waiting and hoping i'll recover quickly. i take the antibiotics, vit c and drink a lot pineapple juice. diet is fish, tofu, fruits and cereal with soya bean milk. i apply ice packs to my eyes and nose. anything else i should be doing to speed up the recovery process?


hi! i think i'm facing the same prob too! tink my nose is quite wide but on 2nd look, i don't have a nose bridge. so i'm always resting my sunglasses on my cheekbones (no nose bridge to rest it on). so i'm thinking of doing rhino. would u mind showing me a pic of how u look like after the operation? u can send email at adonz_ou@hotmail.com if u don't feel too comfortable posting it here. all in all, how many days did u spend in hat yai and how did u go there?

adonz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby adonz » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 3:50 pm

snowss.. u did rhino only? or other procedures as well?

i'm thinking of doing on a fri morning and go back to work on monday. dunno if my face can look normal by then...

the swelling only started on day 2 or immediately?

where did u get your antibiotics from? u know which one to buy from the pharmacy?

adonz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 86
Joined: Mon, 17 Oct 2005

Postby adonz » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 4:06 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zcjLfwMhCD4

was watching this.. now don't dare to do nose liao..

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 5:19 pm

adonz wrote:snowss.. u did rhino only? or other procedures as well?

i'm thinking of doing on a fri morning and go back to work on monday. dunno if my face can look normal by then...

the swelling only started on day 2 or immediately?

where did u get your antibiotics from? u know which one to buy from the pharmacy?


give yourself minimum one week to look normal, no way u can go back to work on monday
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Sun, 27 Apr 2008 5:21 pm

adonz wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=zcjLfwMhCD4

was watching this.. now don't dare to do nose liao..


chey, dr nara does closed rhinoplasty and it's not like you will be wide awake and able to watch your nose get opened up...
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests