Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
littlemissy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby littlemissy » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:10 pm

for those who want to book hotels in thailand, do take a look at these websites

www.hotels2thailand.com
www.asiarooms.com

the prices are quite low, and definately reliable, I've been booking from them whenever I go to thailand...

boii18, do you know whats the usual price Dr Pat charges for Rhinoplasty - alarplasty+tip refinement+inplant ?? Have been e-mailing him with no reply =(

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:24 pm

by doing everything at once it would cost less than doing each individual item added up . try asking him for a discount since you doing it all at once, since they would save on the hassle of anesthesia and you know, the hassle of opening and closing up the nose. i'm not saying the price i got, cause i bargained for a "student price". yeah he's slow with email replies recently. imo hes a nice doctor; if you have real financial constraints ( e.g. cos you're a student ) then feel free to voice up. do send him all your photos in front view, side view and 45 degrees view. So that he can assess. If your nose isn't a difficult case and doesn't involve bone filing and all that yicky stuff, I think he should be able to handle it, and can offer you a cheaper price.

with rgds to going to a hotel near tokai, i definitely recommend sananwan palace. its 400 baht per night, and 200 baht for airport transfer. do remember however to cross the road ( sukhumvit rd ) if you want to take taxi, if nt the taxi have to go a long distance and then do a u-turn, costing you about a hundred more baht. if you do not u-turn its only like 5 mins.


http://www.bangpli.com/sananwan.htm

sananwan palace has really nice and clean rooms, adequate lighting, very cosy and quite busy with tourists, nice food and drinks at dirt-cheap prices, and excellent customer service which is very personalised. there is even a swimming pool, restaurant, and many other amenities. nearby also have floating market and other hot tourist attractions!

i'll be going to tokai in mid-may for botox injection and follow-up my nose, so do let me know if you're keen about gg together.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon, 02 Jul 2007

Postby Ms Juice » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:40 pm

boii18 wrote:
Ms Juice wrote:boii18, urs so fast can c result? so fast sia..
mine at least took me 1.5mth or so b4 all my swelling subside sia........


Yup can le. You can see my before/after pics its quite obvious.

Though tip is still swollen..

You did implant rhino only?

I did the complete works.

And I think dr pat is quite good in his skill that why not much swelling. tho tip is still swollen and alar still feels hard.


icic... i did implate abt 2yrs ago, recently jus did alar...
stil nt reali satisfy, cos i wan those reali small nose..lol

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 12:56 pm

simplegal84 wrote:it is ~5 days after my rhino. my nose still feel hard and look bulbous at the tip. my cheeks look puffy. is it normal? i used to have an oval shape face, but now look abit rounder. i m abit worried it will changee the shape of my face. can someone who did rhino before pls advise? any idea when will the tip become soft? now is so hard and meaty.


Give yourself at least 8 days to look human again, and at least 3 months for your nose to feel normal. On the 1 year anniversary, can confirm the shape, size, feel, everything is fixed liao :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 1:07 pm

mbk wrote:aadvark thanks so much for updating and the pic! You are very generous in helping out everyone on this forum! Your jaws look wonderful!

I still have some more questions:

Are you still numb and swollen?

Can you chew fine (like bite into an apple or a hamburger)?

Can you pls post what your jaws look like from the front view?

Were the implants screwed into the bone?

Thanks! I really want a solid jawline as I think this is one of the most important features for a guy. Mine is very weak!


i am still swollen, and the area below my lower left lip is still numb. I experienced the same thing for the underchin lipo a few mths back, but this seems to be taking longer... i really hope it's not nerve damage which i read could happen for jaw surgeries...

at first, chewing was a real bitch, and opening my mouth was like torture, because the implant caused swelling at the hinge, but i just ate a steak a few days back at Aston Express, first real piece of meat since th surgery :D

from the front? still big lei, i dun even wanna look direct at the mirror for now... ok, i'm being picky, no one said that i am a swollen freak, a few comments abt putting on wgt, so i think i look normal enuff. but 3 mths ago i did lipo, my face become nice and sharp, now look a bit chubby-cheeked again, not too happy abt it.

it still feels bulky, especially when i smile, can really feel the implant there. my chin took like 3 mths for that feeling to go away and to shrink to half its size... this implant is like 3 times bigger, i am now psyching myself up to only evaluate myself 9 mths later...

nope the implants were not screwed in, but i really doubt the implant can shift, it was damn difficult just to slip the implant in, and my face feels really stretched out, there just isn't any space for it to move around.

cos the implant haven't really been absorbed as part of the body, the area between my gums and my cheeks is quite huge, then food always get stuck there... really annoying... i taking all sorts of stuff to speed up the deswelling
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

littlemissy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Mon, 28 Jan 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Postby littlemissy » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 1:41 pm

Boii18, thanks for your advice.

Going together sounds great!! Both me and my female cousin are keen on doing our nose with him, just need to confirm with him the appointment dates, then we'll book the flights and hotels... just waiting for his reply now... arg!! I'm so excited!!!

Hopefully he can slot us in soon

candyeyes
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008

Postby candyeyes » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 2:06 pm

aadvark-
I intend to go to dr nara too... have some questions to ask u, may i add u in msn pls? thanks!

ats_syd
Member
Member
Posts: 48
Joined: Thu, 27 Sep 2007

Postby ats_syd » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 2:58 pm

aadvark wrote:i am still swollen, and the area below my lower left lip is still numb. I experienced the same thing for the underchin lipo a few mths back, but this seems to be taking longer... i really hope it's not nerve damage which i read could happen for jaw surgeries...

at first, chewing was a real bitch, and opening my mouth was like torture, because the implant caused swelling at the hinge, but i just ate a steak a few days back at Aston Express, first real piece of meat since th surgery :D

from the front? still big lei, i dun even wanna look direct at the mirror for now... ok, i'm being picky, no one said that i am a swollen freak, a few comments abt putting on wgt, so i think i look normal enuff. but 3 mths ago i did lipo, my face become nice and sharp, now look a bit chubby-cheeked again, not too happy abt it.

it still feels bulky, especially when i smile, can really feel the implant there. my chin took like 3 mths for that feeling to go away and to shrink to half its size... this implant is like 3 times bigger, i am now psyching myself up to only evaluate myself 9 mths later...

nope the implants were not screwed in, but i really doubt the implant can shift, it was damn difficult just to slip the implant in, and my face feels really stretched out, there just isn't any space for it to move around.

cos the implant haven't really been absorbed as part of the body, the area between my gums and my cheeks is quite huge, then food always get stuck there... really annoying... i taking all sorts of stuff to speed up the deswelling


Geez,that sounds really tough, do people ask how come your face changes /swollen every now and then? How open are you with your P/S when it comes to people at work ?Do you tell them you had P/S?

I had chin implants done but I don't t think anyone noticed it even few days after the surgery. Rhino is ok too , once the swelling went down in about a week.

People who had implant-rhino :

How soon can you wear glasses/sunnies ?
I feel super uncomfortable wearing glasses that sits on my bridge,but I have to sometimes: to cover up my still-healing eyelids.

I am having a very tough recovering period with my eyelids : now into the 6th week and they still look fake and swollen.

I shouldn't have done rhino with eyelids at the same time,since I need the glasses to cover up my eyes.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 3:14 pm

littlemissy wrote:Boii18, thanks for your advice.

Going together sounds great!! Both me and my female cousin are keen on doing our nose with him, just need to confirm with him the appointment dates, then we'll book the flights and hotels... just waiting for his reply now... arg!! I'm so excited!!!

Hopefully he can slot us in soon
\

i'm contemplating may 16 to 19. ok with those dates?
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:01 pm

candyeyes wrote:aadvark-
I intend to go to dr nara too... have some questions to ask u, may i add u in msn pls? thanks!


sure, go ahead :D
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:08 pm

ats_syd wrote:
aadvark wrote:i am still swollen, and the area below my lower left lip is still numb. I experienced the same thing for the underchin lipo a few mths back, but this seems to be taking longer... i really hope it's not nerve damage which i read could happen for jaw surgeries...

at first, chewing was a real bitch, and opening my mouth was like torture, because the implant caused swelling at the hinge, but i just ate a steak a few days back at Aston Express, first real piece of meat since th surgery :D

from the front? still big lei, i dun even wanna look direct at the mirror for now... ok, i'm being picky, no one said that i am a swollen freak, a few comments abt putting on wgt, so i think i look normal enuff. but 3 mths ago i did lipo, my face become nice and sharp, now look a bit chubby-cheeked again, not too happy abt it.

it still feels bulky, especially when i smile, can really feel the implant there. my chin took like 3 mths for that feeling to go away and to shrink to half its size... this implant is like 3 times bigger, i am now psyching myself up to only evaluate myself 9 mths later...

nope the implants were not screwed in, but i really doubt the implant can shift, it was damn difficult just to slip the implant in, and my face feels really stretched out, there just isn't any space for it to move around.

cos the implant haven't really been absorbed as part of the body, the area between my gums and my cheeks is quite huge, then food always get stuck there... really annoying... i taking all sorts of stuff to speed up the deswelling


Geez,that sounds really tough, do people ask how come your face changes /swollen every now and then? How open are you with your P/S when it comes to people at work ?Do you tell them you had P/S?

I had chin implants done but I don't t think anyone noticed it even few days after the surgery. Rhino is ok too , once the swelling went down in about a week.

People who had implant-rhino :

How soon can you wear glasses/sunnies ?
I feel super uncomfortable wearing glasses that sits on my bridge,but I have to sometimes: to cover up my still-healing eyelids.

I am having a very tough recovering period with my eyelids : now into the 6th week and they still look fake and swollen.

I shouldn't have done rhino with eyelids at the same time,since I need the glasses to cover up my eyes.


wow, that sounds like me when i first did, except i did chin, rhino and eyelids all at same time... the healing time was excruciatingly slow

i wore glasses straight away the day after i had surgery, else i wouldn;t have been able to see. The glasses helped to hide my new bridge, but couldn;t hide my eyelids.

it was so bad that i really regretted doing my eyelids, cos they were tremendously huge and fake... i said i had an eye infection, lol :P yes, i know, very lame

some colleagues did ask me whether i did my eyelids, fortunately some other kind souls rebutted with, he already has dbl eyelids, why wld he go for eyelid surgery... i just kept mum :)

sad to say, i was only slightly satisfied with my eyelids like 6 mths down the road, but glad to say, i think they weren't a wrong choice now, after it has finally settled into its final shape, which isn;t very huge actually. I wld say from the initial swelling till now, it went down by more than half the size... so dun worry, it will keep shrinking... patience :D

no one noticed any diff with my nose and chin also, maybe cos my eyes were so glaringly obvious :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

pinqx
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed, 02 Apr 2008

Postby pinqx » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:36 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm very new here and have been observing all online threads for 2 months.

I want to get a nose job done in Thailand. I am a student wanting to do this for 8 years. I am thinking of going to Yanhee. My nose has a very high bridge, but is too wide and shape is assymetrical. I think making the alars more defined and having the tip reduced will be best. No implant needed.

I have questions for those experienced with a closed rhinoplasty (alar+tip):

1) How soon can you travel back to Singapore after surgery, if stitches etc can be removed in SG (if there are any stitches) ?
2) How much did you pay for every medical cost?
3) How long must you wear the bandage (if any)?
4) Is the swelling very obvious such that everyone knows you had a nose job, about 5 days after surgery?
5) Which doctor from Yanhee would you recommend to do a non-implant nose job?
6) Is it just better to do it in SG?

I really hope you guys can answer my questions. I am planning to book everything for May as I want this done once and for all. However I am sooo confused with everyone's opinion, and budget is tight for me. I am hoping at performing closed surgery under local anaesthesia without implant for $1200SGD.

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind attention and patience with me a newbie....

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 4:46 pm

pinqx wrote:Hi everyone,

I'm very new here and have been observing all online threads for 2 months.

I want to get a nose job done in Thailand. I am a student wanting to do this for 8 years. I am thinking of going to Yanhee. My nose has a very high bridge, but is too wide and shape is assymetrical. I think making the alars more defined and having the tip reduced will be best. No implant needed.

I have questions for those experienced with a closed rhinoplasty (alar+tip):

1) How soon can you travel back to Singapore after surgery, if stitches etc can be removed in SG (if there are any stitches) ?
2) How much did you pay for every medical cost?
3) How long must you wear the bandage (if any)?
4) Is the swelling very obvious such that everyone knows you had a nose job, about 5 days after surgery?
5) Which doctor from Yanhee would you recommend to do a non-implant nose job?
6) Is it just better to do it in SG?

I really hope you guys can answer my questions. I am planning to book everything for May as I want this done once and for all. However I am sooo confused with everyone's opinion, and budget is tight for me. I am hoping at performing closed surgery under local anaesthesia without implant for $1200SGD.

Thank you SO MUCH for your kind attention and patience with me a newbie....




1) How soon can you travel back to Singapore after surgery, if stitches etc can be removed in SG (if there are any stitches) ?

I did on Saturday Morning. Flew on monday morning. I did tip, implant and alar. Of course it depend on individual case. If your bleeding has not stopped by the time you board the flight, you may want to postpone it.

2) How much did you pay for every medical cost?

Depends on where you do it. for yr case, you can probably get below 1200 at yanhee or tokai, but not at bumungrad however its spelled.


3) How long must you wear the bandage (if any)?

I wore the cast ( not bandage ) for about 10 days, as recommended by doctor. ask your doctor for his opinion. the cast keep the nose in place and reduces swelling. after removal of cast i noticed some re-swelling.

4) Is the swelling very obvious such that everyone knows you had a nose job, about 5 days after surgery?

yes, most probably. for me, at the 2 weeks mark the swelling is largely gone except at the tip.

5) Which doctor from Yanhee would you recommend to do a non-implant nose job?

no idea about that. you can try asking thaivisa.com

6) Is it just better to do it in SG?

NO!
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

simplegal84
Regular
Regular
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat, 16 Jun 2007

Postby simplegal84 » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 9:50 pm

i accidentally bump on to my nose. will the implant shift?

luckily din do eyelid together with nose, sound like it takes a very long time to recover.

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Thu, 03 Apr 2008 9:57 pm

simplegal84 wrote:i accidentally bump on to my nose. will the implant shift?

luckily din do eyelid together with nose, sound like it takes a very long time to recover.


well, if u look in the mirror and it still looks straight then u shld be safe :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests