Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 3:54 pm

Boii,

Did the PS say early removal of stitches will be better for scars? How long did you leave the cast on? 7 days seems to be the normal.

Please rest and be careful to take things slow. Give it 4 weeks to settle. ALways correspond with your Doc if anything is happening.

Are your scars obvious now? Are you using any sar cream like mederma? Ask doc before you use anything (ca ask i there is anyting to make the scars heal faster and nicer).

girl88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby girl88 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 6:38 pm

mooncake_! i cant reply you! not enough post to send PM. can you add me in msn? whats ur msn add?

i can go anytime actually! but must make appointment and such right?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 325
Joined: Sat, 30 Dec 2006

Postby takuda » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:19 pm

boii18 wrote:can [b]lazy and inferno pls post the tipplasty photos? like.. cropped view? thanks..[/b]

as of now, i am not recommending anyone to go to dr pat yet until my healing has complete then i can endorse him.

i can only now say that pre-op and operative technique is good. anesthesia is good n staff is good.

not too sure about outcome yet tho it look favorable.

weird thing is that the incisions for alar is outside the nostril. wonder why? maybe cos i told him to move up nostril upwards abit and inwards too... but damn..... im afraid of the scaring.. he looks aggressive with the alarplasty , in retrospect.

another question.. how long is it before u guys remove stitches? im due for removal on april 1 ,but i requested for removal at mar 31 ( together with NUH p.s. recommendation becos early removal means less likelihood for scaring to occur ).



why don't you do so? :)
Cry when you get ripped.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:23 pm

The email I sent to Dr Pat bounced back :o

Anyway, I'll try calling the clinic tomorrow :)
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:25 pm

mbk wrote:Boii,

Did the PS say early removal of stitches will be better for scars? How long did you leave the cast on? 7 days seems to be the normal.

Please rest and be careful to take things slow. Give it 4 weeks to settle. ALways correspond with your Doc if anything is happening.

Are your scars obvious now? Are you using any sar cream like mederma? Ask doc before you use anything (ca ask i there is anyting to make the scars heal faster and nicer).


Yea indeed I heard so from Dr Lee.

Anyways, I checked the internet and yes indeed scars will heal better if stitches are removed earlier.

My scars are bad, sad to say. :(

Umm. I will use scar cream once the stitch is removed :)

Will hopefully go back to dr pat in May in order to receive scar treatment, follow-up and to get botox done.
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:25 pm

takuda wrote:
boii18 wrote:can [b]lazy and inferno pls post the tipplasty photos? like.. cropped view? thanks..[/b]

as of now, i am not recommending anyone to go to dr pat yet until my healing has complete then i can endorse him.

i can only now say that pre-op and operative technique is good. anesthesia is good n staff is good.

not too sure about outcome yet tho it look favorable.

weird thing is that the incisions for alar is outside the nostril. wonder why? maybe cos i told him to move up nostril upwards abit and inwards too... but damn..... im afraid of the scaring.. he looks aggressive with the alarplasty , in retrospect.

another question.. how long is it before u guys remove stitches? im due for removal on april 1 ,but i requested for removal at mar 31 ( together with NUH p.s. recommendation becos early removal means less likelihood for scaring to occur ).



why don't you do so? :)


haha i do not wish to post. however, can always add me on my msn to trade pics
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 8:27 pm

however according to the american surgeon its ok to move the implant like that. and it will take weeks for the fibrous encapsulation to occur. that would be the terminal stage of silicone implant.

Refer : http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/vie ... hp?t=78303
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

girl88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008

Postby girl88 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 10:26 pm

girls, can email me at cherryyblossom@yahoo.com.sg ?
i cant send PM.. thanks!

boii18
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 609
Joined: Fri, 04 Jan 2008

Postby boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:12 pm

A very detailed response about silicone deviation

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/vie ... 046#609046
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

yunli
Regular
Regular
Posts: 61
Joined: Sun, 16 Mar 2008

Postby yunli » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 11:42 pm

boii18 wrote:
mbk wrote:Boii,

Did the PS say early removal of stitches will be better for scars? How long did you leave the cast on? 7 days seems to be the normal.

Please rest and be careful to take things slow. Give it 4 weeks to settle. ALways correspond with your Doc if anything is happening.

Are your scars obvious now? Are you using any sar cream like mederma? Ask doc before you use anything (ca ask i there is anyting to make the scars heal faster and nicer).


Yea indeed I heard so from Dr Lee.

Anyways, I checked the internet and yes indeed scars will heal better if stitches are removed earlier.

My scars are bad, sad to say. :(

Umm. I will use scar cream once the stitch is removed :)

Will hopefully go back to dr pat in May in order to receive scar treatment, follow-up and to get botox done.


removing earlier will reduce scarring? thats radical new discovery for me!=)

my friend did dermabrasion i thikn 6 months after rhinoplasty and it helped greatly to reduce the scars. but to be honest, even before she did it, no one would noticed unless you really stare.

dont be worried!! eat a lot of fish, collagen and vit c!!

suuz
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Sun, 27 Jan 2008

Postby suuz » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 2:05 am

dermaroller (needling - the one with the 1,5 mm needles) is the one and only evidence based procedure to lessen scars.
It feels as if you are at the butchers...but your skin will rejuvenate _+ scars will lessen (while theramge will only rejuvenate) It also makes your pores smaller after several treatments

BaBy_SwEeTi3BelL3
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri, 28 Mar 2008
Location: Singapore
Contact:

Nose Job..

Postby BaBy_SwEeTi3BelL3 » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 3:35 am

Hi, everyone! I am new in here. Heard from my friend abt Dr. Nara so came to check it out on site. Anyway, how's his charges like? Izzit ex? Anyone can suggest that if i got a fleshy nose, not high & sharp enough which is the 1 that I got to do for the Nose Job? Well, I got a sensitive nose will sneeze early morning & perhaps dusty areas, got nose block at nite. Den am I suitable to do nose job? If sneezing & hold hard on e nose, will it be crooked? *Scare lehz* Coz I ask my mum abt it she say better not do it as I am sensitive nose & will sneeze pretty often. But I don like my nose lahz.. Haiz~ =X Will that be painful? How is it actually done? Any1 got videos on any site which I can view to see how izzit like? Like if kanna knock on the nose, the implant will really be shifted? Hope someone will get back to me if I am interested to do it but kind of scare at e same time. Thanks. :roll:
<= ~("v") SheRLeNe pRiNc3sS BelL3 ("v")~ =>

User avatar
luv_tee
Member
Member
Posts: 22
Joined: Wed, 10 Oct 2007

Re: Nose Job..

Postby luv_tee » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 1:51 pm

BaBy_SwEeTi3BelL3 wrote:Hi, everyone! I am new in here. Heard from my friend abt Dr. Nara so came to check it out on site. Anyway, how's his charges like? Izzit ex? Anyone can suggest that if i got a fleshy nose, not high & sharp enough which is the 1 that I got to do for the Nose Job? Well, I got a sensitive nose will sneeze early morning & perhaps dusty areas, got nose block at nite. Den am I suitable to do nose job? If sneezing & hold hard on e nose, will it be crooked? *Scare lehz* Coz I ask my mum abt it she say better not do it as I am sensitive nose & will sneeze pretty often. But I don like my nose lahz.. Haiz~ =X Will that be painful? How is it actually done? Any1 got videos on any site which I can view to see how izzit like? Like if kanna knock on the nose, the implant will really be shifted? Hope someone will get back to me if I am interested to do it but kind of scare at e same time. Thanks. :roll:


All the charges are mentioned in the earlier pages of the forum. :)

Well I think it's seriously BEST not to sneeze during the first few days post-op. I'm not sure about deviation, but the pain is gonna be damn bad...

I did get 'boxed' accidentally by my sis on the nose during the healing period, and thankfully it isn't deviated! Just be much much more cautious during the healing period and I think it'll be fine? hehe.

Anyway, with an implant in my nose now, i find it impossible to squeeze my nose and sneeze like before. so every time i sneeze I have to be careful when blowing out all that.

Inferno
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 29 Jan 2008

Postby Inferno » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 2:40 pm

@Boi18:
I cannt post my pic for a while..
no.. seriously!! I cannt.
the reason is that i am battling with two issues:

a. I have this swollen nose tip which makes me look really stupid.. i have no shame in accepting it :)

b. I got skin inflammation due to splint.. Its simply not going.. and i am not putting anything on it either right nw.. as it may aggravate the situation.

I have no problems in making people to freak out after looking at my pics, but at the same time everyone will be really discouraged to go for tiplasty.. May be after few more weeks.. when things will settle down a bit.
Dont worry about about your alar stitches marks, as those will not be visible after some time.. it will become pinkish for a while and later after few months it will be quite unnoticable.. But i ,for sure, need to get some skin rip off procedures to get rid of this pretty nasty scar i have got on my nose (due to skin inflammation).. its almost like as if my skin has really really got burnt there, but it has been healing from some time now.

Also, I am just wondering why Dr. Pat didnt put dissolvable stitches for you in nose. Any particular reason for that? I am surprised by this belief that removing stitches at an early time makes them heal better.. :o
I think its all bullcr*p. The intelligent decision is to get it removed at the day suggested by your doctor. Too early may make you lament, if its not healed yet and a bit late will end up in chances of having infection..

@Shal0m:
I dont know whether being optimistic makes you heal better or not, but for sure I understand this fact that tiplasty differs for each individual.. its more or less about what exactly you wanna do with your nose.. thus, the healing time alters significantly for different individuals.
I am pretty sure that Lazy, I and Boii have gone thru' different kinda stuff. I could not go for L-plant as I already had a really high outward projection and putting an implant would have made me an alter ego of "pinocchio".

Well, i am not expecting myself to get wonderful results within 6 weeks time. Trust me, nobody can heal with in a timeframe of 2 weeks if nose has gone thru' some severe tampering. As i said earlier, if you are considering to go for tipplasty, decide and PLAN about everything including your definition of perfect nose and your downtime period.






[color=blue][/color]

User avatar
shal0m
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby shal0m » Sat, 29 Mar 2008 3:50 pm

@inferno
what i have stated in my last post was very clear, that expectiations and rate of recovery varies among individuals. while description & perceptions may differ in a wide range, a picture speaks a thousand words.
I know 3 of u went thr tipplasty+/- other procedure, with boii18 having an implant, which is additional trauma to the nose.
i understand that even with a simple rhinoplasty, individuals already reports different rate of recovery. so the more data is collected, the more realistic the info will be.
so, I am not saying that's anything wrong with u or lazy, pls don't take it the wrong way, we are all here in the forum to share info and encourage each other.
All the best for ur recovery anyway... :-|


@other friends in this forum
yes, when a person is +ve, the body does not secret much harmful biochemicals that affect health and/or healing; a healthy mind gives a healthy body.
i am trying to encourage ppl who go for PS to try to remain as +ve as they can during recovery, to look beyond the present image on the mirror, accept oneself during recovery, although one must not overlook objective (as opposed to subjective perception of one's looks) signs of infection or medical neglience.

On stitches and removal
yes, removing the stitches on skin slightly earlier, say at most 2 days do help reducing scars in certain extent- as stitches are foreign bodies to the body, while it holds the surgical edges together, it causes additional inflammation process too, and inflammation is one of the factors that determine the development of scars.
Of course, no untrained ppl should remove the stitch for u, he must know how to assess wound adhesience as the stitches are removed, to stop when he find the it is really not time yet to remove.
and also, since the stitch is removed, something else has to take over the responsibility of holding the wound together, eg a steri-strip-- a small strip that sticks on wound and can stay on skin for a week and is water proof.
The new trend in surgery is that dissolvable is stitched under the skin as close to surface as possible, while steri-strips are applies over wound during surgery, this reduces scarring to a minimal. However, at this point of time, most surgeons i know are not trained to perform stitching in this manner yet. It is also impt to note that this stitching method may not be appropriate for major surgeries where the incisions are large.

@boii18
i think, in comparison to some, u r already quite +ve and calm towards the events that followed the PS, i am truly happy for u. :D
i believe u will recover well w/o much further complications, all the best!!!
Shal0m


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest