Singapore Expats Forum

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 8:26 am

Hi All,

I had two procedures done in Singapore (eyes and smartlipo) and eye turned out really bad (doc offered free revision but i pay for anesthesia). Smartlipo didnt give me good results...minimal maybe. I am thinking of going to Bkk now.....

For those saying no one does tipoplasty..Dr. Somyos does titoplasty in Bkk. For my nose I want to go to him. I had already consulted and his before and after pics looks really good and he is an ENT.

mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 8:30 am

Aadvark:

I really want to do cheeks and jaw implants but i hav never seen any before and after pics from any doctors in Singapore or Bkk. I would love to hear what u have to say on this in bkk.

Inferno
Member
Member
Posts: 47
Joined: Tue, 29 Jan 2008

Postby Inferno » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 11:17 am

OK... i went thru' all pages and found lazy's satisifaction note regarding Dr. Pat's skills..
Alright I am going to tokai fellas..


[quote="Lazy"]Hey peeps,

I know this post is long overdue but I rarely have access to internet and bogged down by lots of stuff.

Anyway, I just want to comment on my experience with Tokai clinic.

Initially, I hated the nose and fretted over how ugly I look and so on. I even started to distrust Dr Pat's skills because my nose looked so abnormal for the first month and there was even a lump in my nose.

HOWEVER, now that two months have passed, I must say the results are fantastic!!! People are commenting that I have grown better looking but none suspected the nose job! That is because it looked sooooo natural yet enhanced my look!

Now, I must really share that I am tremendously impressed with Dr Pat's skill but those who are going to do it, be prepared to look "weird and ugly" for the first 6 weeks! Ok in my case, it was 6 weeks before the beautiful results showed!

Good luck to all those who are going ahead with their cosmetic surgery.[/quote]

maggieee
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri, 14 Dec 2007

Postby maggieee » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 12:05 pm

hi having problems calling the number listed in the first page, do i have to add any extension number to it?

User avatar
happyliving
Member
Member
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu, 18 Oct 2007

Postby happyliving » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 1:05 pm

osp wrote:
happyliving wrote:Anyone going to Dr Nara soon? I'm looking for buddy to go together to remove my implant. My nose is swollen again and this is already the 3rd time liao. I don't think I can keep it further as I got 2 infection within this month. It started to swell this morning as soon as I finish my antibiotics. I'm neither a smoker nor a drinker and are really very upset.


I am going to nara this afternoon. now I'm a little worried. :(


Hi OSP,
Don't worry. Not everybody will have the infection as me. It only happened to me and another lady forumer so far. This 3rd swelling that I'm having now is not as bad as the 2nd one. Maybe it's due to the flu that I having now. Today is my 2nd day of antibiotics and seems like it's almost deswell liao. Very confused. Don't know want to go back to Dr Nara or not but the lump is still there...... :???:

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 2:06 pm

happyliving wrote:
osp wrote:
happyliving wrote:Anyone going to Dr Nara soon? I'm looking for buddy to go together to remove my implant. My nose is swollen again and this is already the 3rd time liao. I don't think I can keep it further as I got 2 infection within this month. It started to swell this morning as soon as I finish my antibiotics. I'm neither a smoker nor a drinker and are really very upset.


I am going to nara this afternoon. now I'm a little worried. :(


Hi OSP,
Don't worry. Not everybody will have the infection as me. It only happened to me and another lady forumer so far. This 3rd swelling that I'm having now is not as bad as the 2nd one. Maybe it's due to the flu that I having now. Today is my 2nd day of antibiotics and seems like it's almost deswell liao. Very confused. Don't know want to go back to Dr Nara or not but the lump is still there...... :???:


hmm, happyliving, u might want to go back and let him check out the lump, and also let him know about the infections, see if he can find out what's wrong for a better peace of mind
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 2:07 pm

maggieee wrote:hi having problems calling the number listed in the first page, do i have to add any extension number to it?


do you have IDD?
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

reikko123
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon, 25 Feb 2008
Location: nil

Postby reikko123 » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 2:13 pm

Can anyone tell me where can I do face liposuction, how much does it cost and how long does it takes to recover

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby aadvark » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 3:38 pm

mbk wrote:Aadvark:

I really want to do cheeks and jaw implants but i hav never seen any before and after pics from any doctors in Singapore or Bkk. I would love to hear what u have to say on this in bkk.


same here, less than half the clinics i asked offer jaw implants, and even if they do, they dun have pix to show me. It's not exactly a "hot" procedure i think
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

mbk
Regular
Regular
Posts: 142
Joined: Fri, 15 Sep 2006

Postby mbk » Mon, 25 Feb 2008 7:03 pm

aadvark wrote:
mbk wrote:Aadvark:

I really want to do cheeks and jaw implants but i hav never seen any before and after pics from any doctors in Singapore or Bkk. I would love to hear what u have to say on this in bkk.


same here, less than half the clinics i asked offer jaw implants, and even if they do, they dun have pix to show me. It's not exactly a "hot" procedure i think


I think for guys like me facial implants are crucial if i want any definition..I need cheek and jaw or maybe orbital rim implants even.

I know maxillofacial surgeons do these kind of implants for reconstructive purposes but I want to know if there is a surgeon like this who is also a plastic surgeon. I think Dr. Andrew Tay is both? should I consult him? do you knw anyone in bkk?

vanityfair88
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri, 01 Feb 2008

Re: lasik

Postby vanityfair88 » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 10:47 am

aadvark wrote:
eveningseven wrote:aadvark, is the cost of standard lasik at opttimax SG1450 PER eye or for Both eyes? Does a lot of ppl going there satisfied with the results?


SGD 1450 for both eyes :D me and 2 other friends have got it done there, no complaints :D


Hi Aardvark,

Could you plse provide me with the contact nos and website address of Optimax for Lasik treatment.

Thanks,

Vanityfair

User avatar
aadvark
Manager
Manager
Posts: 1589
Joined: Tue, 10 Apr 2007
Location: Singapore

Re: lasik

Postby aadvark » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 1:53 pm

vanityfair88 wrote:
aadvark wrote:
eveningseven wrote:aadvark, is the cost of standard lasik at opttimax SG1450 PER eye or for Both eyes? Does a lot of ppl going there satisfied with the results?


SGD 1450 for both eyes :D me and 2 other friends have got it done there, no complaints :D


Hi Aardvark,

Could you plse provide me with the contact nos and website address of Optimax for Lasik treatment.

Thanks,

Vanityfair


think u can find all the info u need on http://www.optimax.com.my
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

User avatar
shal0m
Regular
Regular
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu, 19 Jul 2007
Location: Singapore

Postby shal0m » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 2:21 pm

aadvark wrote:
shal0m wrote:hey aadvark, i'm thinking of going to tokai mid march, when r u going?thought i wanted to go next week, but now i don't think i can make it next week, since i haven't book tickets, been busy and away last 2 weeks..

dr pat quoted me 45000 to re-do alar and tipplasty, u think i can bargain??


thinking mid march too, but haven;t book tix, so gonna check which days flights cheaper... i bargained my price, u can try to bargain urs too :D

i asked abt tipoplasty b4, he said i would have to redo my implant as well, did he say the same to you?


how to bargain? any tips? i'm not so good at it..

i've asked him that question repeated in few emails, but he never answered it, but instead something else. he just suggested that a revision rhinoplasty be done, since the implant failed to achieve the sharpness, and that the revision include tipplasty.

hope ticksets not too $$, cos i had retrenched myself a few mths ago and quite tight now...
Shal0m

perfume
Member
Member
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed, 21 Feb 2007

Postby perfume » Tue, 26 Feb 2008 8:24 pm

aadvark wrote:terrible friends, they should give u a proper timeline rather than just tell u the conclusion...

it's natural to feel tight and hard and a little painful to the touch, this is because ur skin has been stretched out and will take a while to settle... if u read most websites, they will usually write full recovery takes anywhere between 6 mths to a year...

so only if a year later, ur nose still feels hard, then u shld suspect something is wrong...

in the meanwhile, for the next half a year, u might still see ur nose shrinking bit by bit... and recover to the point where u can push ur nose up and do a pig nose, then u have totally recovered (dun try it now, doing a pig nose so soon is really gonna hurt!)


pig nose ?!
ive done my nose for almost a year still cannot push up my nose..only a small extent.
my implant is silicon, quite hard i feel. maybe cuz its really thick to raise my nose high up so its not so flexible =(

gr8gr
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed, 27 Feb 2008

visiting nara takuda?

Postby gr8gr » Wed, 27 Feb 2008 12:31 am

hi, anyone going to nara between 7-11 march? i think takuda was asking around, so pm me if you are going, we can coordinate our trip. Thanks!


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Aesthetic Enhancement & Cosmetic Surgery”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests