Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
amazed

Post by amazed » Sun, 16 Jan 2011 4:47 pm

Ursella wrote:Hi all!

I just returned from Hatyai.
Did double eyelids + epicanthoplasty on the night of 10th Jan.
I was rather horrified seeing myself after the surgery, lack of research I guess so I didn't really know what to expect.
Today is the 7th day and my eyes are still swollen while my lids still look extremely exaggerated.

I need to go back to work on Tuesday and I find that kinda impossible, I gonna be freaking my colleagues out though they already know -.-"
you do epi+double eyelid with nara or chi???
is it very hurt??
how many days to remove stitches??

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 2:10 am

amazed wrote:
aadvark wrote:
amazed wrote: aadvark, i will go to hatyai next month for epi+double eyelid, rhino+alar and chin implant....
you think i better go to dr.nara or chi???
need your advice...
please reply....

it's really your choice, but Nara is more tried n tested based on sheer numbers from this forum. anyway, my first op, i did eyes nose chin too, trust me, it is going to be super dramatic no matter who u do it with :)
what you did to your eyes and nose???
you do epi and alar also???
how's the result???
i heard that epi will leave permanent scar...
is it true???
i think i will go to nara for epi+double eyelid and rhino+alar....
and then i will go to chi for chin implant.....
is it dangerous if i do it all at the same day???
i guess u have to do it same day, else the swelling will throw your proportions out of whack.

i did dbl eyelids, no epi. rhino and alar. chin
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

amazed

Post by amazed » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 9:03 am

aadvark wrote:
amazed wrote:
aadvark wrote:
it's really your choice, but Nara is more tried n tested based on sheer numbers from this forum. anyway, my first op, i did eyes nose chin too, trust me, it is going to be super dramatic no matter who u do it with :)
what you did to your eyes and nose???
you do epi and alar also???
how's the result???
i heard that epi will leave permanent scar...
is it true???
i think i will go to nara for epi+double eyelid and rhino+alar....
and then i will go to chi for chin implant.....
is it dangerous if i do it all at the same day???
i guess u have to do it same day, else the swelling will throw your proportions out of whack.

i did dbl eyelids, no epi. rhino and alar. chin
how is your rhino and alar???
it really can make nose wing to be smaller???
how about the scar???
alarplasty have no scar???
i will do rhino+alar also to make my nose smaller....

Poppily17

Post by Poppily17 » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 9:25 am

m3lody wrote:
Poppily17 wrote:Amazed

i have done nose and chin with nara. dont expect anything drastic. but it does enhance honestly. i will be going to chi on the 17th feb for epi and dbl eyelid. my suggestion for you is do all at chi.

ahappycamper: i have replied your PM :)
Poppily17,
What was your downtime for both procedure (nose and chin).
practically by 1 week all obvious swelling will be gone.
i was back to work after 1 week.

Poppily17

Post by Poppily17 » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 9:32 am

bbabymilo wrote:
Poppily17 wrote:Amazed

i have done nose and chin with nara. dont expect anything drastic. but it does enhance honestly. i will be going to chi on the 17th feb for epi and dbl eyelid. my suggestion for you is do all at chi.

ahappycamper: i have replied your PM :)
Hi. Do you mean that Dr Nara is conservative about the result? Personally you hope the result to be drastic?
for me yes. there wasn't any obvious changes to me.
i am even contemplating to do revision of the nose and chin with chi.

drastic or not its all individual. some just want minimal enhancement and that nobody would notice while some want alot of differences. for me, what i have gone thru wasn't what i really hope for at least.

i done my nose with nara and it was infected. had to spend hundreds in sg to solve it. now its good. what i was trying to say is yes nara is good but doesn't mean that all his surgeries are infection free. i am not implying that nara is not good. he is. but he just have his own work principles which he quite adhere to.

if you are worried aboout going to chi cos he is relatively new then choose nara like what aadvark had mentioned. for me, i really didn't want to go thru the pain and brusing/swelling just to have that minimal enhancement so i thought i will choose chi this time round.

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:11 am

amazed wrote: you do epi+double eyelid with nara or chi???
is it very hurt??
how many days to remove stitches??
I did my eyes with Dr Nara.
The pain only got me about a couple of hours after the operation, I took the painkiller which the doc gave me and went to sleep.
Removed the bandage the next day and stitches on the 5th day.

Operation = Monday night
Removal of bandage = Tuesday noon
Removal of stitches = Friday afternoon

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:23 am

Anyone knows when after eyes surgery is it safe to use eyes makeup?
I am afraid that there will be particles getting in to any open wound and cause an infection >.<"

I need to go back to work tomorrow and my bruises are still there (I am fair and I bruise easily).

charmedtattoo

Post by charmedtattoo » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:34 pm

I did my eyes with Dr Nara.
The pain only got me about a couple of hours after the operation, I took the painkiller which the doc gave me and went to sleep.
Removed the bandage the next day and stitches on the 5th day.

Operation = Monday night
Removal of bandage = Tuesday noon
Removal of stitches = Friday afternoon
Hi Ursella!

How're your eyes now? Are they still swollen? I'm thinking of going to Dr Nara in June to get mine done too. How was your experience? Is the difference in your eyes after the surgery what you expected?

Thanks! :D

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 2:19 pm

charmedtattoo wrote: Hi Ursella!

How're your eyes now? Are they still swollen? I'm thinking of going to Dr Nara in June to get mine done too. How was your experience? Is the difference in your eyes after the surgery what you expected?

Thanks! :D
My eyes look typically like how they should look after surgery.
The lids are exaggerated and deep.
I think you should take a look at the following website to have a rough idea what to expect:
http://www.drmeronk.com/asian-eyelid.html#healingphotos

I have some bruises under my eyes, I look as though I have been physically abused xD
I guess it's due to the epicanthoplasty, me being fair and bruise easily just make them more obvious -.-

I think it's too early to tell or judge the sucessfulness of my surgery cause the lids etc will take at least a few months to settle. However, some people who had the same surgery commented that Dr Nara did a good job (I have no idea how they tell, I definitely can't).

I almost went insane while waiting for my surgery. Was told to return to the clinic 2 hours later and after that waited for another 2 hours for my surgery. I suggest that you keep checking with the clinic assistant on how long more you have to wait, feel free to walk around instead of just waiting (I was stupid) at the clinic. There are quite a few things to browse near the clinic (Don't bother to try the bak gu teh nearby). If you are going one day before your appointment, you can try visiting the night market which has a lot of things to see (the malls at Hat Yai are boring as in they are almost like our OG etc).

My consultation with Dr Nara is only 5 mins I think, he is a nice and warm uncle. I left it all to his expertise, I also don't agree with having eyes that only look nice by themselves and don't blend well with the rest of your facial features. It will just look awkward. I wanted to do something to my nose but Dr Nara said my nose is already very nice. The clinic assistants also came to observe my nose and asked if i have done any nose job before.

I was given anti biotic, pain killer and solution to clean my eyes. I did take SineEch by myself and I have just ordered Actipatch, hoping to expedite the recovery of my eyes. I regret not ordering earlier!

I consulted Dr Richard Teo from TCS before, another warm and friendly doctor. He mentioned that Actipatch does work and showed me pictures which compare the usage of this device. Dr Richard Teo is not a profit oriented person and I trust his words. It's just a pity that he doesn't do epicanthoplasty.

charmedtattoo

Post by charmedtattoo » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 10:19 pm

Ursella wrote:My eyes look typically like how they should look after surgery.
The lids are exaggerated and deep.
I think you should take a look at the following website to have a rough idea what to expect:
http://www.drmeronk.com/asian-eyelid.html#healingphotos

I have some bruises under my eyes, I look as though I have been physically abused xD
I guess it's due to the epicanthoplasty, me being fair and bruise easily just make them more obvious -.-

I think it's too early to tell or judge the sucessfulness of my surgery cause the lids etc will take at least a few months to settle. However, some people who had the same surgery commented that Dr Nara did a good job (I have no idea how they tell, I definitely can't).

I almost went insane while waiting for my surgery. Was told to return to the clinic 2 hours later and after that waited for another 2 hours for my surgery. I suggest that you keep checking with the clinic assistant on how long more you have to wait, feel free to walk around instead of just waiting (I was stupid) at the clinic. There are quite a few things to browse near the clinic (Don't bother to try the bak gu teh nearby). If you are going one day before your appointment, you can try visiting the night market which has a lot of things to see (the malls at Hat Yai are boring as in they are almost like our OG etc).

My consultation with Dr Nara is only 5 mins I think, he is a nice and warm uncle. I left it all to his expertise, I also don't agree with having eyes that only look nice by themselves and don't blend well with the rest of your facial features. It will just look awkward. I wanted to do something to my nose but Dr Nara said my nose is already very nice. The clinic assistants also came to observe my nose and asked if i have done any nose job before.

I was given anti biotic, pain killer and solution to clean my eyes. I did take SineEch by myself and I have just ordered Actipatch, hoping to expedite the recovery of my eyes. I regret not ordering earlier!

I consulted Dr Richard Teo from TCS before, another warm and friendly doctor. He mentioned that Actipatch does work and showed me pictures which compare the usage of this device. Dr Richard Teo is not a profit oriented person and I trust his words. It's just a pity that he doesn't do epicanthoplasty.
Dr Nara sounds awesome! Thanks for the tonnes of advice! Was it your first time doing plastic surgery? Did you go alone? I'M SO SCARED ALREADY! Is epicanthoplasty the one which they cut near the tear ducts? I've emailed Dr Nara to ask him when he's available and all, but he hasn't replied! Ahhhh!!!

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Mon, 17 Jan 2011 11:09 pm

charmedtattoo wrote: Dr Nara sounds awesome! Thanks for the tonnes of advice! Was it your first time doing plastic surgery? Did you go alone? I'M SO SCARED ALREADY! Is epicanthoplasty the one which they cut near the tear ducts? I've emailed Dr Nara to ask him when he's available and all, but he hasn't replied! Ahhhh!!!
Yah my first time. I went there with my husband.
Are you intending to do epicanthoplasty (inner tear ducts)? Or just double eyelids?

I think usually people don't bruise as much as me, I had bruises all over my legs from being hit by the luggage even though some are just light impacts.

Pineapples help with swelling/bruises and there are tons of stalls selling pineapple, I didn't take as much as I don't like the fruit. If you're intending to stay at Lee Garden Plaza, their breakfast buffet has pineapple juice.

Dr Nara usually take a few days to reply, his schedule is really tight. He was so packed on that day that it was already 10+ pm (11+ sg time) by the time my surgery ended (3 hours). I have also emailed him with regards to my double eyelids, wanna ask if mine gonna be tapered or parallel.

My bruising has reduced significantly today, my husband even thought that I had concealer on.

charmedtattoo

Post by charmedtattoo » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 3:27 am

Ursella wrote: Yah my first time. I went there with my husband.
Are you intending to do epicanthoplasty (inner tear ducts)? Or just double eyelids?

I think usually people don't bruise as much as me, I had bruises all over my legs from being hit by the luggage even though some are just light impacts.

Pineapples help with swelling/bruises and there are tons of stalls selling pineapple, I didn't take as much as I don't like the fruit. If you're intending to stay at Lee Garden Plaza, their breakfast buffet has pineapple juice.

Dr Nara usually take a few days to reply, his schedule is really tight. He was so packed on that day that it was already 10+ pm (11+ sg time) by the time my surgery ended (3 hours). I have also emailed him with regards to my double eyelids, wanna ask if mine gonna be tapered or parallel.

My bruising has reduced significantly today, my husband even thought that I had concealer on.
YAY! GOOD FOR YOU! I hope your eyes heal soon! :D And Dr Nara just replied me, I'm so happy! Gonna book my appointment soon! Hellooooo nice eyes, here I come!

Anyway, so are your eyelids done tapered or parallel?

Ursella

Post by Ursella » Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:42 am

Maybe due to the swelling, my eyelids now appear very tapered. What Dr Nara told me before was that with epicanthoplasty, my double eyelids will be parallel.

Dr Richard Teo and Dr Donald Ng also told me that I gonna have parallel double eyelids.

I had low tapered double eyelids with epicanthal folds before.

blessedrekyo
Chatter
Chatter

Skin Laser with

Post by blessedrekyo » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 2:41 pm

Hi Anyone did skin laser treatment with DR.PRINYA in hatyai before?

http://www.lasersurgeryhatyai.com/vbeam.html

Appreciate if you could share your experience and results on freckle & pimple scars. :)

I am thinking of going there to do cos Singapore's really very expensive. :???:

ahappycamper
Regular
Regular

Re: Skin Laser with

Post by ahappycamper » Thu, 20 Jan 2011 4:32 pm

blessedrekyo wrote:Hi Anyone did skin laser treatment with DR.PRINYA in hatyai before?

http://www.lasersurgeryhatyai.com/vbeam.html

Appreciate if you could share your experience and results on freckle & pimple scars. :)

I am thinking of going there to do cos Singapore's really very expensive. :???:
blessed, when do you plan on going to Hatyai? I might visit Dr Prinya while I'm there in late February.