Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 8:21 pm

Hi sasa,

No problem. I did it here in SG, the instruction is to wear for about 5 days. It was a few years ago, but i remembered clearly that I took it off after my follow up then went Orchard shopping on the 5th day.

You can check with your doc for further instructions. Planning to do it at nara's?

Princessblue

Post by Princessblue » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 8:52 pm

Those bring laptop, where u keep/lock the laptop?

Leave it at Dr Nara clinic?

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 9:47 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi sasa,

No problem. I did it here in SG, the instruction is to wear for about 5 days. It was a few years ago, but i remembered clearly that I took it off after my follow up then went Orchard shopping on the 5th day.

You can check with your doc for further instructions. Planning to do it at nara's?
yeah, at Dr Nara.
I can't afford those in SG. :oops:
Anyway, i was wondering about the sizing cos I'm rather big size.
Then I followed the link for measurements.
can I confirm the measurement area is 2.5cm above neck level, measure the diameter there? :???:

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:00 pm

M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I didn't buy from makemeheal, just showing you the link to let u see how it looks like. The clinic nurse just decide the size & put on for me.

Wait till u're going then contact me. :)

Last time I didn't read forum, didn't know about other alternatives overseas so all done in SG, wasted alot of $.
Last edited by angelfern on Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:02 pm

Princessblue wrote:Those bring laptop, where u keep/lock the laptop?

princess,

You going alone? Which hotel you'll be staying at?
If with friends, ask them to keep for you.
If going alone then not much choice.
Either you ask the hotel staff willing to keep the luggage and lappy for you until you check in or ask the nurses at Dr Nara.
I think you wont want to bring all your stuffs to the hospital and then struggle them all back to hotel when you're discharged.
Just bring what is necessary for that few days.

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:10 pm

angelfern wrote:M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I didn't buy from makemeheal, just showing you the link to let u see how it looks like. The clinic nurse just decide the size & put on for me.

Last time I didn't read forum, didn't know about other alternatives overseas so all done in SG, wasted alot of $.
I did a measurement 15inches+ so should fit into M size :D
I also don't know when then go loh, need plan leave... :(
Gf (not the 1 who went with me) say i buay kia si, eyes that time swollen and bruised until so serious already, so fast thinking of going back again :lol:

Dr Nara's chin lipo pic on his webby is impressive.
What I'm just afriad is that after chin lipo, my underchin uneven :oops:

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:46 pm

angelfern wrote:Hi huskyjude,

U're doing chin implant or chin lipo? remember to get a compression garment for the face if u're doing chin lipo.

Good, u're bringing your laptop, can chat with us when u're there, help me to ask Dr Nara why he only do one part per person. Thanks!

Where's sasa05? How's your eyes & the areas that have been lipoed? Still swelling?
Thanks thanks. I will pm you now. My next surgery date is on 10-11 Dec 09 - will leave on 9 Dec - hope I can collect from you before then?

Sure, will ask that for you but i suspect it's cos he doesn't want to take the risk of revision work just like Dr. Su of Taiwan who only does primary surgery.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:47 pm

I leave it on 24/7 & keep it in the hotel as it's difficult to reconnect to the wireless once you dc.

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sat, 05 Dec 2009 10:56 pm

sasa05_ wrote:
angelfern wrote:M size will do for u, how big can your face be? Don't worry, can stretch, has velcro at the ends of the 3 straps, u're suppose to wear it tight anyway with the cotton gauze inserted inside.

I did a measurement 15inches+ so should fit into M size :D
I also don't know when then go loh, need plan leave... :(
Gf (not the 1 who went with me) say i buay kia si, eyes that time swollen and bruised until so serious already, so fast thinking of going back again :lol:

Dr Nara's chin lipo pic on his webby is impressive.
What I'm just afriad is that after chin lipo, my underchin uneven :oops:
I'm more worried about how the scar will be & where it's going to be? I'm gg to remind Dr. Nara to give me finer stitches.

Princessblue

Post by Princessblue » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:42 am

sasa05_ wrote:

princess,

You going alone? Which hotel you'll be staying at?
If with friends, ask them to keep for you.
If going alone then not much choice.
Either you ask the hotel staff willing to keep the luggage and lappy for you until you check in or ask the nurses at Dr Nara.
I think you wont want to bring all your stuffs to the hospital and then struggle them all back to hotel when you're discharged.
Just bring what is necessary for that few days.
I very stress up looking for someone to go with me. Will be staying in hospital for about 3-4days.

Asking my SO, but he *shake head* is scare of blood. Later i still have to take care of him, which I doubt i can after the operation.

Hopefully by then I can find someone to go with me. But I don't know should I book the airtix first. worry later it will get more expensive.

Furthermore, I also doubt I could carry all the luggage alone after discharge. Maybe lightweight one is ok.
Last edited by Princessblue on Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

martzchrt

Post by martzchrt » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 12:47 am

Hi All,

Any idea if Dr Nara does hair transplant? Or any dr in Haatyai does that?

huskyjude
Regular
Regular

Post by huskyjude » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:24 am

i think i may have asked this before.

Anyone recommends any good dentist in hatyai? I suddenly have a toothache and would like to check up my teeth/ annual cleansing etc. Not sure if I'm too sensitive, ever since I plucked out 3 wisdom teeth, I feel my whole teeth stack has been shifting to the left and my smile is crooked now. Not sure if I should do any braces.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 8:58 am

martzchrt wrote:Hi All,

Any idea if Dr Nara does hair transplant? Or any dr in Haatyai does that?

Hi, I don't know about Hatyai but there's a world renowned hair tranplant doc in bkk.
http://www.hairtransinter.com/

His disciple who worked under him for a few years & set up his clinic in Phuket, price is slightly cheaper.
http://www.absolutehairclinic.com/index.html

Coincidentally, as I was looking at the phuket's doc's credentials, he was from the hatyai university so I asked him if he knew about Dr Nara, he actually said that Dr Nara was his teacher in university!

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 1:17 pm

huskyjude wrote:I'm more worried about how the scar will be & where it's going to be? I'm gg to remind Dr. Nara to give me finer stitches.
Please update here about the stitches and the results.
I'm interested in underchin lipo too.
Might go for it next year.
TIA :)
huskyjude wrote:i think i may have asked this before.

Anyone recommends any good dentist in hatyai? I suddenly have a toothache and would like to check up my teeth/ annual cleansing etc. Not sure if I'm too sensitive, ever since I plucked out 3 wisdom teeth, I feel my whole teeth stack has been shifting to the left and my smile is crooked now. Not sure if I should do any braces.
Dentist you can vist the purple signboard opp Dr Nara.
As you walk from Lee Gardens Plaza to Dr Nara, it'll be on the opp side of the road.
I did my teeth whitening there, quite happy with the results.
Don't think you can do braces there though cos they'll need to tighten evey 2-3 weeks, you can't be going there every 2-3 weeks for 1.5 - 2 years ya? :oops:

sasa05_
Regular
Regular

Post by sasa05_ » Sun, 06 Dec 2009 1:23 pm

Princessblue wrote:I very stress up looking for someone to go with me. Will be staying in hospital for about 3-4days.

Asking my SO, but he *shake head* is scare of blood. Later i still have to take care of him, which I doubt i can after the operation.

Hopefully by then I can find someone to go with me. But I don't know should I book the airtix first. worry later it will get more expensive.

Furthermore, I also doubt I could carry all the luggage alone after discharge. Maybe lightweight one is ok.
He wont go into the operation room with you so no worries about blood.
And according to what i know, a bed is provided in the same room.
He can stay in the hospital with you together for that 3-4 days.
1 room = 1 patient. (you) like our SG hospital A class ward.

You sure wont be in shape to carry all the luggage with you.
That's why i suggest only bring what you need to the hospital if you're going alone.
Perhaps you can go to the hotel and leave your luggage there and tell them you'll check in again few days later.
Explain the situation to them, i think it should be negotiable. :)