Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
Honeywords

^^

Post by Honeywords » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 7:32 pm

A whole month is so long. My appointment is on July 7 for Rhino. Will be there until the 20th or later. I'll pm you my email. It's good to have some company.

krispy wrote:I will be there for the whole month of July, my appt is July 29 but am ask to be put on the waiting list or ask dr nara to squeeze me in. If not I will go to Dr Chi get a consultation about other things. Dr nara is suppose to perform lipo on me. I pray somebody will cancelled early July. When is your appt? If u need companion give me your email. When am in Hat yai I'll have a thail number, maybe i'll even post it on here in case somebody is bored and want to meet up for lunch or something :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 10:50 pm

reikiTagakano wrote:
krispy wrote:
aadvark wrote:Think if wanna do PS in thailand during this period, Hatyai is safer choice than BKK.

Protestors have brought the fight to the tourist areas, no longer restricting it to the parliament area, doesn't sound safe anymore... what if get hit by a stray bullet? would be one of the stupidest ways to die...

2 years back, i went during emergency period, but the protestors mainly gathered at parliament area, I din feel it at all at shopping malls etc, but this round sounds much scarier...
OMG that sound scary, I wanted to fly from Hat Yai to Bangkok, do you know if protesters will take over the airport? I heard they took over the tv station or sumthin like that becuz government dont want the world to see what is really going on. If you are there plz update us with what is going on I rather be confronted with the truth so i know what to expect. cant imagine going to thailand for cosmetic surgery than end up in the hospital fighting for my life becuz of some mess in thailand :???:
I am in Bangkok right now, and have been for last ten days, during the supposed"worst" time of the protests.
I have never felt any threat, I can't see or hear any riots, I have never felt safer. There is no threat or danger at all.
Apart from the horrible traffic, as usual, which will affect your sanity!
I do not mean to discredit anyone's opinion, simply that I am speaking FROM Bangko itself, and the place couldn't be quieter ( quiet in Bangkok terms, that is).
There is no threat at all- Hat Yai you could argue they have terrorists down there, I wouldn't think twice about going there either, in face have an appt booked 29th April with Nara which I will have to give up - for other reasons.
Don't let the news fool you- this place is happy after Songkran.
Thank you to Aardvark for commenting on my post, I didn't mean to deny your opinions!
lol, no worries, i'm glad it's still safe. cos i read abt the clash and deaths in khao san road which is meant for tourist backpackers and the red shirts wanna stage the protest near central world next, hence din think tourist areas will be that safe anymore. (read: http://blog.nationmultimedia.com/thanon ... 18/entry-1 | http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?fi ... rldupdates)

the last riot when i went, none of the tourist areas were affected at all
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

reikiTagakano

Re: Help Needed

Post by reikiTagakano » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 12:23 am

clarice1988 wrote:Hi All,

I read that most of you have experiences with the nose surgery in thailand and would really appreciate if you could please advise me on my problems..

I have been thinking of getting my nose done all my life and now that I am 22 and earning money, i would really hope to get this over with, so that I can be a much happier person everyday i wake up.

I just had some fillers on my nose bridge done on 31st march 2010, and was wondering if this would actually affect the procedure?

Also, I saw the pictures on Dr Nara's website and most of his patients are going for like nose refinement ( higher nose bridge etc). I didn't see any pictures that show the reduction of the nose - my main problem now. May I understand if he does nose reduction or any other surgeons that will be able to help me (i saw posts on Dr Chi as well)

In addition, may I understand for most of you who underwent to procedure, does your parents/boyfriend/friends know about it cause people around me are more traditional and skeptical about this.

last but not least, may i know if anyone here would like to go together and get this done? i think it could be fun and also, there's someone to be consoling you during your shittiest ( terrible swelling) time...

thanks sooo much in advance :D
CLarine Nara does NOT do REDUCTION rhinoplasty. I booked an appointment and srgery date with him, only to realise later that he doesn't do reduction rhino.!
SO, my slot on 29th April will be freed up, I said this before, and got emails asking for my slot---still waiting to see who replies!
Also , Dr Puttisak emailed me back very quickly and his words were- I am not familiar with caucasian nose reductions.

SO he doesn't do them either.
I ended up at Tokai, and just today came back from the clinic for a second time for reduction. I pray very hard that it is smooth and ok with healing.
I also looked at Yahnee.

To answer one of your questions, I am not telling anyone that I had this done, more because I can't be bothered, than because I want it secret.
I've made no secret of the fact I have always hated my nose.
But I'm still not telling them. If someone makes a comment, I'll deal with it then.

pinkcherry111

Post by pinkcherry111 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 2:51 am

i will be in hatyai for a holiday. so i ve been thinking, i might just pop into his clinic and get some consultation? do i have to pay or is the consultation free? i mean, i know doctors dont usually work for free but it's possible that some doctors are up for free consulatation isnt it?please answer.. thanks.

pinkcherry111

Post by pinkcherry111 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 2:54 am

there are so many hospitals mentioned. is bumrungrad a good hospital for rhino? thanks!

pinkcherry111

Post by pinkcherry111 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 3:14 am

i read that dr nara's patients are mostly satisfied with their noses... Hm.. It's very tempting to get it done with dr nara but I have one worry. Will silicon last long? i mean, does it still look as nice as it has just been done, after a few years? any positive feedbacks from dr nara's patients? thanks!

krispy

Re: ^^

Post by krispy » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:17 am

:???:
Last edited by krispy on Sun, 23 Oct 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krispy

Post by krispy » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 10:34 am

pinkcherry111 wrote:i will be in hatyai for a holiday. so i ve been thinking, i might just pop into his clinic and get some consultation? do i have to pay or is the consultation free? i mean, i know doctors dont usually work for free but it's possible that some doctors are up for free consulatation isnt it?please answer.. thanks.
you can go in have a consultation and get surgery done same day or next depending on which doctor you choose. Dr Nara is very very busy, if u book now, u will get appt' 3 months from now. consultation is free in thailand. I haven't been told otherwise. If you in hat yai and looking for doctor, go to the beginning of this post (page 1) the info is listed there. Any other questions you should read this whole post, its will answer some questions you may have about nose job..hope that helps.

clarice1988

Post by clarice1988 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:31 am

reikiTagakano wrote:

I read that most of you have experiences with the nose surgery in thailand and would really appreciate if you could please advise me on my problems..

I have been thinking of getting my nose done all my life and now that I am 22 and earning money, i would really hope to get this over with, so that I can be a much happier person everyday i wake up.

I just had some fillers on my nose bridge done on 31st march 2010, and was wondering if this would actually affect the procedure?

Also, I saw the pictures on Dr Nara's website and most of his patients are going for like nose refinement ( higher nose bridge etc). I didn't see any pictures that show the reduction of the nose - my main problem now. May I understand if he does nose reduction or any other surgeons that will be able to help me (i saw posts on Dr Chi as well)

In addition, may I understand for most of you who underwent to procedure, does your parents/boyfriend/friends know about it cause people around me are more traditional and skeptical about this.

last but not least, may i know if anyone here would like to go together and get this done? i think it could be fun and also, there's someone to be consoling you during your shittiest ( terrible swelling) time...

CLarine Nara does NOT do REDUCTION rhinoplasty. I booked an appointment and srgery date with him, only to realise later that he doesn't do reduction rhino.!
SO, my slot on 29th April will be freed up, I said this before, and got emails asking for my slot---still waiting to see who replies!
Also , Dr Puttisak emailed me back very quickly and his words were- I am not familiar with caucasian nose reductions.

SO he doesn't do them either.
I ended up at Tokai, and just today came back from the clinic for a second time for reduction. I pray very hard that it is smooth and ok with healing.
I also looked at Yahnee.

To answer one of your questions, I am not telling anyone that I had this done, more because I can't be bothered, than because I want it secret.
I've made no secret of the fact I have always hated my nose.
But I'm still not telling them. If someone makes a comment, I'll deal with it then.
Hi Reiki,

Thank you for your reply. I am sure having to go through the procedure twice is not a good feeling and I'm sorry to hear that.. I hope you recover soon so you can be rid of the nose you hate :)

Anyway, thank you for telling me that you have a slot available on 29th april, but i dont think i will be able to make it also..cause it's gonna be my birthday week and i dont really wanna be spending it feeling depressed...

after hearing what the doc told you, i shall do more research on tokai and maybe ask if dr putt can help me with my asian nose..

thank you soo much for your help and I hope you recover soon!!:)

clarice1988

Post by clarice1988 » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:34 am

aadvark wrote:

permanent fillers? yes, it wld affect the op if it's temporary fillers, better let it all reabsorb first, otherwise it will be hard for the doc to gauge the height and size of the implant etc
Hi Aadvark!

Thank you for the reply!! I pm-ed you on fp and really glad to receive your advise. :)

I think what I need one is a khaki who is also interested to getting a pretty nose and make appointments after sorting my schedule out :)

schnauzie

Post by schnauzie » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 2:29 pm

Hi,

Can i check if anyone has done facelift with dr Nara?

What type of facelift techniques does Dr Nara uses? Is it the non-invasive thread facelift or?
How long does it last and pls advice if you see a good difference before and after. Frankly speaking from the pics in Dr nara's webpage, theres no diff leh.. haha

I enquired thread facelift (3-5yrs lifespan)locally and it cost about $3000.

Anyone can share with me cos i wish to go there for a facelift. thanks!!!

Can also email me at [email protected]

bory

Re: Need advice....

Post by bory » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 9:42 pm

purpur_her wrote:Hi people, I am going to Dr Nara for my nose surgery soon. However, my friend and relative dun really encourage me to do it as they afraid the operation might fail and I will be end up disfigured for the rest of my life. I do know they concern about me but on the other hand I really dissatisfied my nose, mine is low bridge, wide and large tip. I am dying to do it but at the time I afraid of failure too..Sometimes, I really hate myself for having this nose..hai.. Hence can someone advice me the risk factor and what if the operation fail, will the nose ruin forever? Thank you guys...
Hi,

I have just undergone rhino with dr somyos. It's been 2 and a half months and things are going smoothly. I have no regrets. Dr somyos is very professional. I know it is daunting deciding but i can assure you if you go to dr somyos you will be in good hands. If you have any questions pm ill be more than happy to help. good luck!

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Need advice....

Post by aadvark » Mon, 19 Apr 2010 11:04 pm

bory wrote:
purpur_her wrote:Hi people, I am going to Dr Nara for my nose surgery soon. However, my friend and relative dun really encourage me to do it as they afraid the operation might fail and I will be end up disfigured for the rest of my life. I do know they concern about me but on the other hand I really dissatisfied my nose, mine is low bridge, wide and large tip. I am dying to do it but at the time I afraid of failure too..Sometimes, I really hate myself for having this nose..hai.. Hence can someone advice me the risk factor and what if the operation fail, will the nose ruin forever? Thank you guys...
Hi,

I have just undergone rhino with dr somyos. It's been 2 and a half months and things are going smoothly. I have no regrets. Dr somyos is very professional. I know it is daunting deciding but i can assure you if you go to dr somyos you will be in good hands. If you have any questions pm ill be more than happy to help. good luck!
at most the surgery not nice, can revise again... ruin forever maybe if he accidentally chop off ur nose ba, haven't heard of such a case tho :o
Last edited by aadvark on Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

revision

Post by terrie35 » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 1:31 am

Can anyone tell me when is the best time to remove implant ? One or 3 months after op (if you don't like it) ?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: revision

Post by aadvark » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 11:22 am

terrie35 wrote:Can anyone tell me when is the best time to remove implant ? One or 3 months after op (if you don't like it) ?
u only really see final shape and size after 6 mths, so removing it so early might be a little premature