Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
rhinoceros

Hi there

Post by rhinoceros » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 6:01 pm

Hi guys
I am in Hatyai now and today is the 2nd day post op.. (Really bored u know... There's nothing to do over here!! i have 4 more days to go.............)
I did my BA with Dr Putt and i must say he is a really good surgeon..He used used the tranaxillary method and a pair of 250cc saline implant.

Before the op, i went for a consultation at about 10.30 (Thailand time) and he showed me the sizes of implants he has.. It ranges from 200- about 500 i guess?? And they were Mentor from USA.. Mentor as in the brand and not flavour mentor ya... Hahaa abit lame..

Anyway, i was not allowed to eat 6hrs post consultation and had to reach his clinic at 3pm.. The 5 hours of waiting before operation seemed really long so much so we finished walking central, odean shopping centre, and some street shops..My stomach was growling like mad....

I reached Dr Putt's clinic at bout 3pm and the Van from the hospital came shortly. When we reached the hospital the nurses tried to communicate with me.. However despite understand and being able to speak reasonable thai, there was nothing that i understood except- YOU WANT TO GO PEE PEE POO POO??? -_- LOL That me really nervous but oh well.. I already paid the money and got poked on the hand for drip so what to do... Carry on loh...Then i kept asking them where is doctor because the op was going to start already and i was so afraid it was not Dr Putt who was going to do the op for me but they just gave me a blank face... -_- OMG at that time i really felt like turning back..

The nurse pushed me to the OR and i saw so many helpers but no Dr Putt.. Luckily one of the nurse could understand me and told me 'dont fear surgeon come already'..Dr putt came in and spoke to me for awhile and slowly i zonked out and the op began.....

I woke up 3 hours later and wow the pain was really unbearable.. I cant even move at all!!! The only thing that i wanted to do was slp! But as time past, the pain lessen and now i am able to shop comparing that the first day i could not even move...

I hope that in probably 2 more days the swelling and blue blacks would go away!!!

Sorry my experiences seemed abit unorganized because the computer is really giving me a headache... Really straining my neck!!!

reikiTagakano

second op in nine days= 2 days posy

Post by reikiTagakano » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 7:12 pm

Clarice thanks for the kind words.
Well, I DID do a second op-= nine days after the first one.
Dr Pat is a very nice perons, very proffessional and I think VERY sincere, very integral to his own surgery and his own work- it is a bit like asking an artist to do a painting again.
So he was basically really angry with me! A tleast, that is the impression he gave off. He said "no, your nose is good now, no hump" and I was saying,
"thank you, actually there is a hump, I know there is swelling but only at the sides, you can feel where bone is bone, right?"
Still he was very reluctant. He evertually agreed to do osteo, the next day, and I went back 10AM, with the remainder of the money.
He made me wait ages, OK maybe he was busy, then he called down to the office, and he said, "I won't do it, your nose is good now", and I was ready to cry= Im not big on emo outbursts, but the day before, he said, yes, OK, so I was prepared, then he says no.
He said I hadn't paid properly, which was not true, that he didn't charge me for GA, but in his email he said the price included GA ( Im a bit nervous going LA), and he slammed the phone down.
Now I think that's his way= he gets busy and puts the phone down quickly, so I didn't take it too personally.
He called again after an hour, down to that waiting room"OK I don't want to do it, your nose is good". I said he had told me it was OK, and now he was saying he couldn't do any more rasping, it was too dangerous, but the day before he'd said he would do osteo. He said "Osteo is aggressive, it's too much, you have borderline nose, but it's good now, you have to accept reality"./

It was awful, it went back and forth, I was standing there not knowing what to do, I had the remainder of his money, and he said " You can walk out now, I wont charge you any more, , your decision"
But I had already decided!, To go ahead, and yet he was arguing about everything.

In his way, maybe it was not arguing, just that the day before, he said, yes, OK, I'll do osteo and now he was saying rasping only, but even that wouldn't be good.

So I pulled the head nurse/receptionist into that little side room and , I'm sorry to say, started crying, I said, please help me understand, I don['t know what to do, he said yes, now he says no, I am confused, I came halfway across the world , to see him, because he has a good reputation, NOT just the money. She just smiled and laughed, and I must have been very embarrassing to her.

So I just sat there for about three hours not knowing what to do. I could have walked out, but for what? I wanted the nose I have always wanted, so I stayed there, and after another hour he asked me upstairs, and e had another back and forth conversation.
All I wanted was the nose I showed him- NOT outside of reality at all, it's not like Im showing him a picture of Lily Cole!!

And he got more annoyed, or that's what it seemed like, until he wrote a disclaimer saying he was doing surgery against his wishes, and I had to sign it. etc etc.

So....sorry to go on and on, but I had to let you guys know...
I did it under LA, and it was fine,, I left the clinic at 8PM, and the surgery was at about 4PM.

Now it's two days post op, on the second op. Swelling a bit, since I was awake during the op, I know he didn't do that much.

I think he is good, just conservaqtive, but that is what you want in a PS- it was just awful arguing with a man who is going to cut your face, and I had no option, because I was not going walk out and go back home with no change at all.

Thanks for all the vibes and kind comments from people.
Despite my name I am not Japanese, I have a caucasian nose.
I don't consider myself an argumentative person at ALL!
So this was quite tense.

Fabfizz

Post by Fabfizz » Tue, 20 Apr 2010 10:47 pm

jess89 wrote:Decided to to do a review now since im wide awake with nothing to dol hehe. Alrte back from hatyai! Intended to do only dental work, but ended up doing rhinoplasty and alarplasty as well. did it with neither dr nara nor dr puttisak. I did it with this doc called dr chi. Dr nara called and said tt he is able to slot us in after i've agreed with Dr chi. So oh well, i went ahead with dr chi. And not a bad job afterall! Despite being nt as fluent in english and only 1 yr experienced, i will say that he is pretty detailed about his consultation and i also bombarded him with numerous phone post op calls after i got all bruised and swollen the next few days. HAHAH paranoid!

Consulted dr Nara too and all i can say is he is really against those plastic surgeon that do p.s without having p.s board certified.(Hint not only dr put, quite a few other doc do that). Dr Nara and Dr Chi both showed us the the inplant they took it out from those doc. Ironically enough all the doc w/o p.s board certified uses badly carved i-inplant, which tend to shift after a while cos its not carved deep enough to allow it to rest on the "nose". Dr chi and dr nara both are certified under board of general surgery and plastic surgery.

Dr chi clinic is 3 levels. And his operating theater is at the 3rd level, consulation at first level. His clinic is relatively clean and stitching are neat as well. He does 1cm(korean style) double eyelid, wanted to do tt as well but was told to wait as nose augmentation can really beautify the whole face alrdy. So well, i followed the doc's advice!He drove me back to the hotel and had his nurse send me back to my room after surgery( talk about good service!). He said that its not safe to travel under sedation even if it meant a few blocks away. Thumbs up for the thoughtfulness! HAHA i tried to ask him if theres discount if i help him advertise. He say that the result is the best advertisement! Direct, straight forward, i like!

Lee Garden Plaza hotel review. I think its not so bad afterall. in fact its pretty good. Room is clean and toilet is spacious, we requested ALOT of mineral water to the extend that the staff handed us 3/4 carton at a go. HAHAH. Breakfast is decent, but dont expect american breakfast or omelet station.

I hope all these information helps! My nose is swollen to the maximum despite taking sineech and i was really depressed on the first day as its REALLy swollen for the next 3 days. Realized that it was due to alcohol intake the few days before i had the surgery. ALCOHOL, BIG MISTAKE. I will post pic when the swelling and bruises goes down. the swelling have subsided a little and i guess i will have to wait for at least a week to at least see the shape of the new nose.

>>To aadvark:
Maybe u will help me add dr chai contact and detail in as well, Pleaseee=))

Phi Beauty Clinic
Dr Chirayut
[email protected]
Contact:074-350355, 0876-88-1999, 0876-88-2999, 0876-88-3999
(His staff aint tt good with english, so maybe u can either request to speak to dr chi directly or email him directly)
Prices: Rhinoplasty- 8000baht
Alarplasty- 3000baht
Double eyelid- 8000 baht
He does Lipo, lipo filling, chin and breast augmentation as well! But im not too sure of the prices thou=)
hi jess89,

am just curious to know, do you just walk in to his clinic without any appointment and managed to fix a surgery? what is the duration from your consultation to the procedures?
pls advise.

jess89

Post by jess89 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 12:03 am

I did a walk in.

krispy

Re: Hi there

Post by krispy » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 9:57 am

rhinoceros wrote:Hi guys
I am in Hatyai now and today is the 2nd day post op.. (Really bored u know... There's nothing to do over here!! i have 4 more days to go.............)
I did my BA with Dr Putt and i must say he is a really good surgeon..He used used the tranaxillary method and a pair of 250cc saline implant.

Before the op, i went for a consultation at about 10.30 (Thailand time) and he showed me the sizes of implants he has.. It ranges from 200- about 500 i guess?? And they were Mentor from USA.. Mentor as in the brand and not flavour mentor ya... Hahaa abit lame..

Anyway, i was not allowed to eat 6hrs post consultation and had to reach his clinic at 3pm.. The 5 hours of waiting before operation seemed really long so much so we finished walking central, odean shopping centre, and some street shops..My stomach was growling like mad....

I reached Dr Putt's clinic at bout 3pm and the Van from the hospital came shortly. When we reached the hospital the nurses tried to communicate with me.. However despite understand and being able to speak reasonable thai, there was nothing that i understood except- YOU WANT TO GO PEE PEE POO POO??? -_- LOL That me really nervous but oh well.. I already paid the money and got poked on the hand for drip so what to do... Carry on loh...Then i kept asking them where is doctor because the op was going to start already and i was so afraid it was not Dr Putt who was going to do the op for me but they just gave me a blank face... -_- OMG at that time i really felt like turning back..

The nurse pushed me to the OR and i saw so many helpers but no Dr Putt.. Luckily one of the nurse could understand me and told me 'dont fear surgeon come already'..Dr putt came in and spoke to me for awhile and slowly i zonked out and the op began.....

I woke up 3 hours later and wow the pain was really unbearable.. I cant even move at all!!! The only thing that i wanted to do was slp! But as time past, the pain lessen and now i am able to shop comparing that the first day i could not even move...

I hope that in probably 2 more days the swelling and blue blacks would go away!!!

Sorry my experiences seemed abit unorganized because the computer is really giving me a headache... Really straining my neck!!!

Hi rhinoceros am glad you posted your experience like you said you would. am glad to see that the operation went well for you, I hope as time pass, your BA is as you always wished for. I jus have a question, did you choose the size or did dr suggested the size for you? did you choose saline or was there other options? am thinking of getting a BA but with silicone because its a more natural feel. did dr putt have a book to show you his work? thank you and get better soon.

krispy

Post by krispy » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:03 am

Fabfizz wrote:hi jess89,

am just curious to know, do you just walk in to his clinic without any appointment and managed to fix a surgery? what is the duration from your consultation to the procedures?
pls advise.
Hi if you have questions for dr chi just email him with your questions, I got a respond back from him on prices and the procedures he does, his english is very good.

terrie35
Chatter
Chatter

Re: revision

Post by terrie35 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:25 am

aadvark wrote:
terrie35 wrote:Can anyone tell me when is the best time to remove implant ? One or 3 months after op (if you don't like it) ?
u only really see final shape and size after 6 mths, so removing it so early might be a little premature

aadvark, thank you so much for your above reply.

Do you know if there is loose skin when the implant is taken out?

Is it wise to leave the tip with septal cartilage in when you take out thee implant?

Thanks in advance!

DawnMin

Post by DawnMin » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 10:53 am

hi, i just finished reading 221pages from this thread. Im pretty interested in the surgery but is there insurance coverage? like can I be covered say the surgery went wrong?
Also, can I just walk in to the clinic like that without any appointment? I'm sure there is a waiting time. I don't know. Waiting time? 1hr? 2hrs?
Please advice.
Do they do a preview on the computer before doing e surgery?

rin777

Post by rin777 » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 2:25 pm

will dr nara accept a walk in?
like say i just turn up at his clinic and request for a lipo
lol because i'm not sure on how to book an appointment

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:55 pm

rin777 wrote:will dr nara accept a walk in?
just call, all the info is on the first page of this thread
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

oj1709

need some advise guys

Post by oj1709 » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 1:49 am

Hey guys, I'd like to undergo multiple procedures in Thailand early next month. Its the only time i can get off work so i urgently need a surgeon/s by then. These are the procedures i'd like done:-

Jaw Implant
Chin implant
Lower lip reduction
buccal fat pad reduction
Liposuction on the lower face
Lateral canthoplasty (i think this is the name of the procedure according to Dr Pat) i have huge puppy dog eyes i want my eyes to appear smaller and closer to the brows like you beautiful asians!)
Cheek Implants
rhinoplasty (I have a european nose and want the some cartilage removed from the bridge and my tip slightly raised) Its proving difficult to find a surgeon with experience in Thailand.

I will be travelling from England to Cyprus for the Jaw augmentation if I can confirm a date by the 1st of May. The remaining procedures will be done in Thailand. I'd like to visit Dr Nara for some of the procedures but he doesn't seem to have a date available for a few months at least. I've contacted a few other surgeons in Hatyai but the communication isn't working. What if i was to turn up in Hatyai without any appointments, would it be a safe bet? I could visit various clinics there. Would surgeons perform on such a short notice. Would Dr Nara be able to fit me in? I have an entire month off work so I can stay for as long as it takes.
Also, can anyone recommend a surgeon other then Dr Nara in Hatyai?

Thanks in advance fellas,

Clayton

rin777

Post by rin777 » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:18 am

aadvark wrote:
rin777 wrote:will dr nara accept a walk in?
just call, all the info is on the first page of this thread
thank you~aadvark will you be visiting dr nara anytime soon?

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

27 May to 1 June 2010 at Nara's

Post by angelfern » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 12:08 pm

Hi all,
I've booked appt at Nara's from 27 May to 1 June 2010, can't make it now.

Anyone interested, please pm me.
I'm suppose to call or email them 7 days in advance to confirm.
Informing you early so that you can make plans.
So, do I email them & refer the interested party's name & contacts followed by the person writing to them(???), not very sure how it's suppose to be done.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: need some advise guys

Post by aadvark » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 3:50 pm

oj1709 wrote:Hey guys, I'd like to undergo multiple procedures in Thailand early next month. Its the only time i can get off work so i urgently need a surgeon/s by then. These are the procedures i'd like done:-

Jaw Implant
Chin implant
Lower lip reduction
buccal fat pad reduction
Liposuction on the lower face
Lateral canthoplasty (i think this is the name of the procedure according to Dr Pat) i have huge puppy dog eyes i want my eyes to appear smaller and closer to the brows like you beautiful asians!)
Cheek Implants
rhinoplasty (I have a european nose and want the some cartilage removed from the bridge and my tip slightly raised) Its proving difficult to find a surgeon with experience in Thailand.

I will be travelling from England to Cyprus for the Jaw augmentation if I can confirm a date by the 1st of May. The remaining procedures will be done in Thailand. I'd like to visit Dr Nara for some of the procedures but he doesn't seem to have a date available for a few months at least. I've contacted a few other surgeons in Hatyai but the communication isn't working. What if i was to turn up in Hatyai without any appointments, would it be a safe bet? I could visit various clinics there. Would surgeons perform on such a short notice. Would Dr Nara be able to fit me in? I have an entire month off work so I can stay for as long as it takes.
Also, can anyone recommend a surgeon other then Dr Nara in Hatyai?

Thanks in advance fellas,

Clayton
that's a pretty long list! have u considered ur down time?
any one op will take at least 2 weeks to subside swelling.
with multiple ops, ur body will take way longer to recover, i wld say a month maybe? u need to set aside enuff time otherwise u will scare ur colleagues if u go bk to work!

and if u are a first timer, i will say the depression if pretty severe for just one or 2 ops... i hope u r mentally strong enuff to face the mirror after all the ops at one go. not being a wet blanket, just stating my own personal experience.

Try contacting dr puttisak or dr chi from the first page of this thread

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Thu, 22 Apr 2010 3:52 pm

DawnMin wrote:hi, i just finished reading 221pages from this thread. Im pretty interested in the surgery but is there insurance coverage? like can I be covered say the surgery went wrong? nope, dun think u will have any even if u do it in sg, cos this is elective surgery
Also, can I just walk in to the clinic like that without any appointment? I'm sure there is a waiting time. I don't know. Waiting time? 1hr? 2hrs?
Please advice. not for dr nara for sure, can try dr chi or dr puttisak
Do they do a preview on the computer before doing e surgery? nope, more of korea or taiwan