Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 1:01 pm

yeah hope so. when NUH p.s. help me to adjust to midline i saw my nose and i felt so happy. that is why i did it ^^

the tip deswelling is very quick indeed!

anyway, wanna plan another surgery for my chin late this year. if we book air ticket earlier is better.

thinking of a one-way trip to BKK, and then we go to hatyai from there... then take coach back to singapore.

anyone keen?

probably in october 01 to october 05. if you notice, its oct 01- hari raya puasa :) that is the closest holiday to us. ( except vesak day, i cant go in vesak day !! )

either

Wed, 01 Oct 08
Flight TR 108
18:05 Depart Singapore (SIN)
19:25 Arrive Bangkok Intl (BKK)

or

Wed, 01 Oct 08
Flight TR 102
06:30 Depart Singapore (SIN)
07:50 Arrive Bangkok Intl (BKK)

i take leave on thurs, fri
lip lift (somyos) - sept09, eyes, lip redn in taipei - dec09

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 2:30 pm

im considering to go on National Day. or earlier~
never too late to change!

suuz
Regular
Regular

Post by suuz » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 2:44 pm

momoko wrote:im considering to go on National Day. or earlier~
Momoko, can i ask you can you tell a bit about your experiences with lipo at dr Nara's?

I see that you take 1 area at a time, is that for a reason (meaning nara will take away a lot of fat?)(of that you yourself feel more comfortable with 1 area at a time)

I wanna know because i come in this summer but i have 2 moment that i can go to Nara with a short month inbetween and i want to have done as much as is possible and just trying to get as much info so i can wrap my mind about what i can expect (and what not)

Your story will be very much apreceated!!
suuz

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 3:29 pm

because dr nara isnt willing to do lipo for me. he thinks im not fat enough. of cos, although im nt fat, but im not satisfied with my size.

the 1st time i wanted to do tummy but he insist on not doing, i told him i came all the way here, i have to do something, haha, so he suggested doing out thighs.this trip i planned to do back of thighs and inner thighs. But in the end he's only willing to do inner thighs for me. i guess unless one has enough fats, he doesnt like to waste time or our $$. if im not wrong he will do only one area each day, if u intend to do many areas at one go, u probably need to stay quite long there.

Doing 1 area is painful enough to last for the next 2 weeks - 1 month. i prefer to take things slowly. afterall, lipo will not turn a fat person into a slim beauty immediately. For me i see better shape and more toned look after lipo. i dont have much inches loss since im not fat to begin with.

i want to get my tummy done, nx tme i go i muz beg dr nara. hahahaha. Have to be more stubborn than him!
never too late to change!

suuz
Regular
Regular

Post by suuz » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 3:39 pm

Momoko,

thanks! Well i think i have fat enough..i am 174 cm and weigh 85 kilos. But i know it takes skill of the surgeaon to be able to take a lot away, and most can reduse to 50% but the good ones can do to 90%...
can you tell me how big the incisions were and if you have any idea how big the diameter of the canule was (like 2 mm or 4 mm?)

I have oficially an american (i am european though-and caucasian-here sizes are different) size 16 but squeeze in a 14

Wel so on me i guess he would do about 6 areas, wich is also fine (instead of the 8 i was hoping on). 3 areas per time is already a lot to take.
I have 5 nights there planned. Arriving july 15th going july 20th (to KL take a coach)
and again on august 19th ariving and going in the late evening august 23rd (4 nights but also 4 days, must be enough)

and if it is possible you think to leave away the sedative? It does mean not only i woyld have to behave but he aswell as he cannot poke you as an idiot but more like this:

http://dralanbittner.com/

and see this movie:
http://dralanbittner.com/liposculpture_video.asp

guess it will be different at Nara's :-s

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 7:06 pm

Waiting for Dr Pat's reply.

And I've also posted my case to Dr Lam's forum.

http://www.lamfacialplastics.com/ask/vi ... .php?t=516

And makemeheal.com

http://messageboards.makemeheal.com/vie ... hp?t=78175

day 6 of my nose job. i feel perfect. no more stuffy nose. i no longer take paracetamol. there is no pain and no fever. i feel zero nausea totally. post-surgical there was some nausea ( very mild ) because i for the first 3 days i was in bkk and i was forced to eat lots of fried food, and man, i ate alot !! now back in sg, im eating homecooked. it is better for my stomach indeed.

I am now taking

- danzen ( 2 times daily, becos dr pat's inflammation medicine has finished. dr pat say its fine for me to take danzen if i prefer )

- cipprofloxacin ( i am still taking dr pat's cippro, but left 2 more tabs. tml i would be starting on the cippro from NUH )

- centrizine ( this is from dr pat, left two more tablets. its an anti-histamine to stop me from sneezing and to reduce stuff nose. left two more tablets. i will be using loratadine, as prescribed by the polyclinic, dr pat says i can use loratadine in place of centrizine, or claritine )

shal0m
Regular
Regular

Post by shal0m » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 10:13 pm

boii18 wrote:Waiting for Dr Pat's reply.

And makemeheal.com

day 6 of my nose job. i feel perfect. no more stuffy nose. i no longer take paracetamol. there is no pain and no fever. i feel zero nausea totally. post-surgical there was some nausea ( very mild ) because i for the first 3 days i was in bkk and i was forced to eat lots of fried food, and man, i ate alot !! now back in sg, im eating homecooked. it is better for my stomach indeed.

I am now taking

- danzen ( 2 times daily, becos dr pat's inflammation medicine has finished. dr pat say its fine for me to take danzen if i prefer )

- cipprofloxacin ( i am still taking dr pat's cippro, but left 2 more tabs. tml i would be starting on the cippro from NUH )

- centrizine ( this is from dr pat, left two more tablets. its an anti-histamine to stop me from sneezing and to reduce stuff nose. left two more tablets. i will be using loratadine, as prescribed by the polyclinic, dr pat says i can use loratadine in place of centrizine, or claritine )
Hey boii18, i am so happy for u!!! look forward to seeing ur b4/ recovery/ after pix soon, as i am also considering tipplasty, but a bit hesitant cos can't afford to swell for weeks (quote <lazy> & <inferno>, that they look horrid for weeks)...i think expectations & rate of recovery differ among individuals...picture speaks a thousand words, it will be very helpful to many ppl if u post ur pix, as no one ever had posted any tipplasty here.

good to hear that u r recovering well and u r remaining positive thr'out the event.
it is impt for one to be +ve, it actually helps recovery and reduces pain. i look normal by 4th day after nose & chin, no need painkiller at all, except one panadol on the night after returning to hotel after surgery.

it is not uncommon for nose implant to shift in the first 2 weeks post op, that's why u need nasal splints (remember those ppl on Xtreme makeover?) that's why i thought dr nara must be very confident of his skills (not to cut too much space between skin for implants).
during the first feww weeks post-op, no babies/kids, pets, shopping in crowded malls with aunties+clueless teens...these beings, like monkeys, don't really care where their arms swing to...
Shal0m

mooncake_

Post by mooncake_ » Thu, 27 Mar 2008 11:51 pm

momoko wrote:because dr nara isnt willing to do lipo for me. he thinks im not fat enough. of cos, although im nt fat, but im not satisfied with my size.

the 1st time i wanted to do tummy but he insist on not doing, i told him i came all the way here, i have to do something, haha, so he suggested doing out thighs.this trip i planned to do back of thighs and inner thighs. But in the end he's only willing to do inner thighs for me. i guess unless one has enough fats, he doesnt like to waste time or our $$. if im not wrong he will do only one area each day, if u intend to do many areas at one go, u probably need to stay quite long there.

Doing 1 area is painful enough to last for the next 2 weeks - 1 month. i prefer to take things slowly. afterall, lipo will not turn a fat person into a slim beauty immediately. For me i see better shape and more toned look after lipo. i dont have much inches loss since im not fat to begin with.

i want to get my tummy done, nx tme i go i muz beg dr nara. hahahaha. Have to be more stubborn than him!
hi momoko, how big is the scar dr.nara leaves after lipo?

pitsoul

Post by pitsoul » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 12:17 am

HI all, i'm planning to visit Dr Nara. Do you think it's better to change d $ here or change at Hatyai? where better rate? Oso, if pay by credit card better than cash?

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 9:09 am

pitsoul wrote:HI all, i'm planning to visit Dr Nara. Do you think it's better to change d $ here or change at Hatyai? where better rate? Oso, if pay by credit card better than cash?
he only accepts cash
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Ms Juice
Regular
Regular

Post by Ms Juice » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 9:41 am

pitsoul wrote:HI all, i'm planning to visit Dr Nara. Do you think it's better to change d $ here or change at Hatyai? where better rate? Oso, if pay by credit card better than cash?
hatyai rate seems to be beta....

girl88

Post by girl88 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 1:23 pm

hi, im new to this forum.
may i ask who wanna go Hatyai before 7th April?
Im thinking whether to go there for PS with Dr Nara, but im afraid to travel alone!

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 3:35 pm

Wonder why dr pat hasnt replied. hope nothing has gone wrong!

anyway, will NOT be posting up pics.

if you want see, can add me on my msn. :)

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 3:37 pm

shal0m wrote:
boii18 wrote:Waiting for Dr Pat's reply.

And makemeheal.com

I am now taking

Hey boii18, i am so happy for u!!! look forward to seeing ur b4/ recovery/ after pix soon, as i am also considering tipplasty, but a bit hesitant cos can't afford to swell for weeks (quote <lazy> & <inferno>, that they look horrid for weeks)...i think expectations & rate of recovery differ among individuals...picture speaks a thousand words, it will be very helpful to many ppl if u post ur pix, as no one ever had posted any tipplasty here.

good to hear that u r recovering well and u r remaining positive thr'out the event.
it is impt for one to be +ve, it actually helps recovery and reduces pain. i look normal by 4th day after nose & chin, no need painkiller at all, except one panadol on the night after returning to hotel after surgery.

it is not uncommon for nose implant to shift in the first 2 weeks post op, that's why u need nasal splints (remember those ppl on Xtreme makeover?) that's why i thought dr nara must be very confident of his skills (not to cut too much space between skin for implants).
during the first feww weeks post-op, no babies/kids, pets, shopping in crowded malls with aunties+clueless teens...these beings, like monkeys, don't really care where their arms swing to...
you did nose and chin ? at where?

Thanks lots for the well-wishes and the information!. im trying to remain +ve. hope my implant hasnt shifted. i havent been able to see my nose for 2 days. the nasal tape has it quite tightly packed so hope it doesnt run out of place.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 28 Mar 2008 3:41 pm

can lazy and inferno pls post the tipplasty photos? like.. cropped view? thanks..

as of now, i am not recommending anyone to go to dr pat yet until my healing has complete then i can endorse him.

i can only now say that pre-op and operative technique is good. anesthesia is good n staff is good.

not too sure about outcome yet tho it look favorable.

weird thing is that the incisions for alar is outside the nostril. wonder why? maybe cos i told him to move up nostril upwards abit and inwards too... but damn..... im afraid of the scaring.. he looks aggressive with the alarplasty , in retrospect.

another question.. how long is it before u guys remove stitches? im due for removal on april 1 ,but i requested for removal at mar 31 ( together with NUH p.s. recommendation becos early removal means less likelihood for scaring to occur ).