Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 2:07 am

Mintan wrote:Many thanks to the feedback. 8-)

I've had a serious talk with my bf and I decided if he cannot loves me for who I am it is ok. However, he reassures me that his love for me is deep and can accept my imperfections. He claimed to me that I am very caring and understanding for him and he is touched.

I am now very turned off by plastic surgery . I just had a liposuction , results went well, however I was curious if the fats will ever return and I did not change my diet . I had Macdonalds for most of my meals and Burger King , I ate like a guy in hunger, one of my guy friend finds me scary in the way I eat , like hungry ghost. :shock:

The reason I decided to give up plastic surgery is simple, I no longer trust in it and I am approaching maariage and a life of settling down now, it is a CEO who dies.....mind you .........life is really unpredictable and I am sick to think about aesthetics enhancement now and no longer see them the way I see them for the past 10 years.

Though I am still abit fat after that simple 1L suction , I think I will excercise vigorisely and try my best to stay in shape using the safer way . I also accepted now that my chin is kinda short and will never go under the knife for it despite many surgeons keen to change it for me.

I think I rather look risk looking ugly than risk losing my life. who cares ? :? I ain't a model .... I am going to be a wife and have a stable career . I am convinced now after many experiences that the success in life is not dependent on how you look . There is so just so much more to it.
yes, like mentioned, lipo runs the highest risk of death, never really heard of anyone dying from a chin augmentation, but well, guess anything can happen. It's not good to be obsessed, exercise hard for ur partner ba :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 9:24 am

yeah, agree with aadvark.

i think u're affected by the news, lipo is more life threatening than face enhancements.

Chin augmentation is rather safe, i'll say many artistes went for it together with their nose & eyes.
No GA, so less risky.

Some with round, square face or receding chin can only be the supporting roles such as "sister, friend", once they added chin to become oval shaped, they can be in the main lead category already.

usually on tv, when u suddenly find the artiste "fresher, sharper, more 3 D" etc, they would have done something already.

Nevertheless, it's always healthy to know when to draw a line, stop unnecessary PS procedures & enjoy life.

jamie82
Regular
Regular

Post by jamie82 » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 9:49 am

Mintan wrote:Many thanks to the feedback. 8-)

I've had a serious talk with my bf and I decided if he cannot loves me for who I am it is ok. However, he reassures me that his love for me is deep and can accept my imperfections. He claimed to me that I am very caring and understanding for him and he is touched.

I am now very turned off by plastic surgery . I just had a liposuction , results went well, however I was curious if the fats will ever return and I did not change my diet . I had Macdonalds for most of my meals and Burger King , I ate like a guy in hunger, one of my guy friend finds me scary in the way I eat , like hungry ghost. :shock:

The reason I decided to give up plastic surgery is simple, I no longer trust in it and I am approaching maariage and a life of settling down now, it is a CEO who dies.....mind you .........life is really unpredictable and I am sick to think about aesthetics enhancement now and no longer see them the way I see them for the past 10 years.

Though I am still abit fat after that simple 1L suction , I think I will excercise vigorisely and try my best to stay in shape using the safer way . I also accepted now that my chin is kinda short and will never go under the knife for it despite many surgeons keen to change it for me.

I think I rather look risk looking ugly than risk losing my life. who cares ? :? I ain't a model .... I am going to be a wife and have a stable career . I am convinced now after many experiences that the success in life is not dependent on how you look . There is so just so much more to it.
Self acceptance is the best. I'm glad you made the decision.

Anyways, the CEO who died was a very freak case of someone who got lipo in some dodgy PS clinic that now seems to have been run by a GP rather than a certified PS. Even a certified PS might not have guaranteed him his life...

Like the way car and traffic accidents happen everyday, things in life are unpredictable and to gauge things we take a calculated risk in anything we do - we're not going to stop taking cars or using the road because people die everyday in accidents. Maybe traffic accidents happen so often that we take for granted our safety on the roads? I don't mean anything bad, I just wanted to put things in perspective.

I've seen quite a number of your posts and I don't mean to come across as harsh, but a lot of them border on the extreme negative - I always welcome both sides of varying opinions, but at times I can't help but feel they came across as rather disingenuous.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 1:04 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 1:27 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 1:38 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 1:46 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mintan
Regular
Regular

Post by Mintan » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 2:04 pm

the
Last edited by Mintan on Thu, 18 Nov 2010 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelaxoxo

Post by angelaxoxo » Sun, 10 Jan 2010 11:39 pm

hi all , i jus did a closed rhinoplasty with disslvable sutures. doc say remove it 10-15 days ltr and i'm wondering if that mean i must snip the excess ''hair-like'' stitches away or literally ''remove'' them. i tot its dissolvable so there is no need to remove?? TIA

Blur

need motivation..

Post by Blur » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 12:38 pm

Hi All,

I have learnt about the CEO dealth on the same day i booked my air ticket , hotel and sign up a wrapping program in singapore after deciding to go for liposuction..

Now i am very confused..
Esp all my colleage says 'don't go' got pple die!!
Help..

fifipek
Regular
Regular

alar

Post by fifipek » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 4:04 pm

Greenies wrote:
fifipek wrote:greenies did u do rino n alar with dr nara?
do u mind to email me before n after pictures?
i did rhino no alar. now see other pple's pic i also feel like doing liao.. muahahaha..
posted my pic here.. think 2pages back.. :wink:
hi greenies wanna do together? hehe im thinking of going to get chin n alar done on june.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: need motivation..

Post by aadvark » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 4:26 pm

Blur wrote:Hi All,

I have learnt about the CEO dealth on the same day i booked my air ticket , hotel and sign up a wrapping program in singapore after deciding to go for liposuction..

Now i am very confused..
Esp all my colleage says 'don't go' got pple die!!
Help..
where are u going for lipo? The CEO case was most likely a case of extracting too much... if it's nara, then u r prob safe, cos the usual complaint is he removes too little! :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Greenies
Regular
Regular

Re: alar

Post by Greenies » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 5:38 pm

fifipek wrote:
Greenies wrote:
fifipek wrote:greenies did u do rino n alar with dr nara?
do u mind to email me before n after pictures?
i did rhino no alar. now see other pple's pic i also feel like doing liao.. muahahaha..
posted my pic here.. think 2pages back.. :wink:
hi greenies wanna do together? hehe im thinking of going to get chin n alar done on june.
where u wanna go? i wanna do my tip to make it sharper but nara dun do tip.

btw.. can someone pls enlighten me. after rhino with L implant then do tip.. is it consider a review case? will the doc charge more then normal rate?

Blur

Post by Blur » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 5:49 pm

Thanks Advarrk,

Ya, rem i pm u once for advise?
I finally decided to call nara and yes, i am heading to him.
i actually wanted to do only both my elephant thighs but amy told me about my abodment too, so total three parts.
I just hope things went smooth as i really miss wearing back my jeans..

My appointment will be in May,

I hope forumer who is going before me a soon recovery and safe trip throughout :)

All people here are really very brave to be able to go this far.

angelfern
Chatter
Chatter

Post by angelfern » Mon, 11 Jan 2010 5:57 pm

I think Dr Nara is rather safe as

1) He's a certified plastic surgeon

2) His wife, Ning is also a doctor, so there's another qualified doc to supervise & assist.