Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi

Post by boii18 » Wed, 07 Dec 2011 2:45 am

boii18 wrote:
gaga101 wrote:Boii18, u had a silicone implant in ur nose too right? how long does it take for the skin to thin? The shininess from the nose is due to the damaged vascular structure to the overlying skin. I understand that it's irreversible. My question is, does a silicone that gives a 2-3 mm height cause the skin of the nose to thin less than a thicker silicone implant like 4mm? does a 2-3 mm thick silicone cause less damage to the nose leading to less shiny-looking skin?

Another concern: Do u know if the height of the bridge will go down from the 1st month of post-op to until after 3 months? How many mm's of reduction?

I feel like removing it simply because of the extrusion risk that may or may not happen, and the irreversible damage to the skin causing irreversible shiny-looking nose. Boii18, I'd like to get your 2nd opinion. Would u risk it all?
Thanks ya...
thinning is progressive. it starts at the start, and exponentially decreases i believe.

gaga101

Hi

Post by gaga101 » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 12:28 am

Boii18, is your nose shiny at the moment?
How long does it take for the shininess to appear? 3 months? where the capsule is formed?
When Dr Lam said silicone will shrink upwards and the skin will wrap downwards, this could be bad? I don't understand what are the negative effects to ur nose if the silicone shrink?

Will it be too hasty to consider a removal because I don't like the height of my bridge 1 month post-op (a bit high for my liking)? Or should I wait a full 3 months before deciding? Or will it reduce 1-2mm every 3 months until after 1 year?

if I consider to remove after 3 months, will some capsule be retained to maintain the projection of the nose? say maybe 1/2 the height of the nose with silicone implant?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Hi

Post by boii18 » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 6:54 am

gaga101 wrote:Boii18, is your nose shiny at the moment?
How long does it take for the shininess to appear? 3 months? where the capsule is formed?

im 4 years post-op. i think my nose is abit shiner than when i just did the surgery .. definitely much sharper and more fake.

anyway i cannot remember when the vasculature disrupted. apparently its all over the silicone block

When Dr Lam said silicone will shrink upwards and the skin will wrap downwards, this could be bad? I don't understand what are the negative effects to ur nose if the silicone shrink?

im not sure of the effect dr lam mentioned. but it can lead to contracture which is deformity, or bright nose syndrome.

Will it be too hasty to consider a removal because I don't like the height of my bridge 1 month post-op (a bit high for my liking)? Or should I wait a full 3 months before deciding? Or will it reduce 1-2mm every 3 months until after 1 year?

are you 1 month PO? Yes i think too hasty, maybe another 1- 2mm in total will go down . will also be smaller and less thick., less bulbous nose. Consider maybe 3 months post op. At 1 month PO, the capsule is already formed ( scar tissue forms from 1st-2nd week onwards ) so no point removing it too early.

if I consider to remove after 3 months, will some capsule be retained to maintain the projection of the nose? say maybe 1/2 the height of the nose with silicone implant?

there will be more steady capsule at 3 months. this fibrous capsule has been shown to resorb over time ( t = 1 year +/- 6 mo ) in studies on mice. i'm not sure about nose but i heard anecdotal reports of people's nose being higher than before after removal

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Thu, 08 Dec 2011 7:28 am

for eyelid and nose surgery, if you know you have something you dont like or something is really wrong /asymmetric, you should do a revision within 1 month ( best within 2 weeks ).

this is before the scar tissue forms .

otherwise you have to wait about 6 months post-op before doing revision of eye/nose

gaga101

Post by gaga101 » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 12:09 am

Boii18, have u heard of bio-alcamid? I know that it's not FDA-approved. Is it safe to inject 1ml at the bridge? I have heard that the risks that come with Bio-alcamid in the long run are very significant eg, infection, difficulty removing it, tendency to shift to other undesired places. Is that true?

Would you just recommend the FDA-approved Restylane and Radiesse?

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 3:14 pm

gaga101 wrote:Boii18, have u heard of bio-alcamid? I know that it's not FDA-approved. Is it safe to inject 1ml at the bridge? I have heard that the risks that come with Bio-alcamid in the long run are very significant eg, infection, difficulty removing it, tendency to shift to other undesired places. Is that true?

Would you just recommend the FDA-approved Restylane and Radiesse?
Its not safe to inject long-term filler in the nose.

Restylane and radiesse should be Ok

but improper technique associated with morbidity

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 7:57 pm

hi guys im going to bangkok on cny jan 19 til feb maybe. I wanna have a rhinoplasty, dimples and love band formation. Dont know which doctor to go, anyone who can recommend the best doctor but yet has a reasonable price?

also, i wanna do the love band formation as they call it its below the eyelid where it becomes thicker and more defined i seem unable to search on google which doctor in bangkok would be able to do that.

Example of a model who got the love band formation is this girl from world cup, larissa riquelme you can click the link for her pictures. I really want to get this in bangkok but i dont know who does this there. anyone can help? appreciate it if someone does thanks!

http://www.google.com.sg/imgres?q=laris ... 29,r:3,s:0

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Nose

Post by Rie Michiko » Fri, 09 Dec 2011 9:50 pm

Dr Nara or Dr Chi to do bulbous nose?

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Nose

Post by Rie Michiko » Sat, 10 Dec 2011 1:46 pm

Who will bw visting Dr Nara next 2 months?

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Sat, 10 Dec 2011 2:34 pm

im going to see dr pichet from Bangkok. Anyone had tried surgery with him? is he good?

Ive heard also of yoskarn clinic but they say they do charge expensively.

Rie Michiko
Regular
Regular

Calf

Post by Rie Michiko » Sun, 11 Dec 2011 1:24 pm

Where can I make my calf smaller? I am short and my calves are so improportionate to a 153''.....
So sad...Thick calves, thick arms, big nose...and I had been living with it for so long with remarks remarks behind my back......
''Chen Long''...''Eh Eh Mascular legs''...''Auntie Tofu arms''...

spongebabe

Post by spongebabe » Wed, 14 Dec 2011 5:12 pm

Changed my mind.. im going to Yoskarn clinic its quite pricey since theres alot of stories I read online about dr. pichet they say hes a hit or miss doctor its like your in 50/50 if you have surgery with him. Some stuff i read say hes the butcher of bangkok! Cuz he messed up alot of srs procedures.

shoppingirl

Re: almost a year post BA

Post by shoppingirl » Thu, 15 Dec 2011 8:16 pm

candiceong wrote:
anan0606 wrote:
ticklemepink wrote:i did BA with Hat Yai's Dr Chirayut Tolertmongkhol from Phi Beauty Clinic last June. i must say i am VERY impressed with the outcome as i asked for a rather large implants (which is weird considering im only 1.55m/43kg).

Dr Chi was professional, understanding and able to answer all my queries on post op pain etc. The surgery was on time, the nurses were efficient although they spoke little English.

For SG$2500 i paid for the BA op, surgeon fee & also a PRIVATE SUITE in the hospital. What more can a girl ask for right?

I also did bilateral dimple creation, which weirdly doesnt hurt as much as I thought it would, for an added sum of $800. The dimples turn out lovely & very natural looking.

Good Luck for those undergoing any cosmetic op. Ya'll will be pleasantly surprised with the end results. 1 word of caution though, if u have unrealistic outcomes, dont go to a plastic surgeon, pray to God instead.

Heh~

:P
Hi, i've finally found someone who have BA by Dr Chi. Can you please give me more info on the post-op? Mine appointment with the Dr is on 9-Aug but i've brought a return flight on 14-Aug. Do i have enough time for my follow up after the surgery?
Thanks in advance.
hello i think i'm going to do the BA surgery after chinese new year, may i know ur info? how was the surgery?
Hey candice, I am thinking of doing BA in April 2012.. How is your research coming along? Do you mind sharing on your findings? I am considering BA by Dr Chi as well.. I have drop him an email 2 days ago but I still have not hear from him yet..

xxyy

Post by xxyy » Fri, 16 Dec 2011 5:53 pm

I am going on 24Dec for double eyelid and medial epi, which hotel i suppose to book, convenience and nice??

Golden Crown Hotel?
Golden Crown Plaza Hotel?
New Season Hotel?

Or please recommend me some choice...

unxplainable

DR nara April 2012

Post by unxplainable » Sat, 17 Dec 2011 5:46 pm

hi.. i am really2 new here & sorry coz i'm not a singaporean but i found out diz forum really useful 4 anyone who looking 4 more info about surgery in hatyai.

I've read a lot of comments here & finally i decided 2 do BA, nose + tummy lipo wt dr nara.. wish to do the surgery on jan / Feb but all fully booked so i only can make it on April 18..

anyone will go 2 do any surgery in hatyai during that time?.. well i am malaysian, 25yrs old and will go 2 hatyai alone. Haven't decide which hotel 2 stay.

& 4 those who'd done BA, nose @ tummy lipo wt dr nara, mind 2 share your experiences and the result 2 me?..