Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
shan1984
Regular
Regular

Post by shan1984 » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 3:44 pm

hi.. i avoid eating seafoods n eggs and those spicy n oily foods for e first week after rhino. today i juz went to remove my stitches and my job feels a lil pain as well but not 3 times a day. onli will feel pain when i apply pressure on the bridge or the tip. Tip still feel abit numb n gt slight redness.
How many days already for ur rhino?
missy-me wrote:for those who did rhino, did u guys avoid any food?
also, my nose feels a lil pain, like a jab or something, suddenly for ard a few seconds each time. ard 3 times a day. is it normal??
please advise..... im quite worried.

lushes

Post by lushes » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 6:18 pm

[quote="changeinme]

Can anyone give me comments, if i shld look like this ? or its unnormal??[/quote]

the depression in the scar is cos of the raised hyperthropic scars in the surrounding area. but once that flattens out the scar will look less conspicuous. mine was pretty horrible looking at first too but i've applied kelo-cote silicone scar gel religiously and also my opthamologist whom i had to go to cos of my complications gave me some topical steroid cream. tobradex. i apply it every night but max application only 2 weeks cos its anti-biotics as well. i don't know if its kelo-cote or the steroid cream. since i can only apply steroid cream at night i apply scar gel in the day. the scars are slightly better now on my left since its exposed but my epi is asymmetrical and the scar on my right seems to be hidden and i think nara didn't perform the epi properly. i asked nara said to give it time and if i need a revision it will be at least 6 months wait. no confidence though cos it really looks under-corrected and its affecting my eyeshape. also i can't close my left eye fully still. i am also very annoyed that the fold is still visible when my eyes are closed my first surgery wasn't like that it was flat when my eyes are closed only a thin thread like scar which was barely noticable. the asymmetry is also causing me to hide behind glasses. i think i might need a revision hopefully no skin graft needed. slightly depressed. no doctor will touch me now since i'm only a month post op.

any comments or advice would help guys?[/quote]

Thanks changeinme for ur advice and and knowledge..Unfortunately for me my epi scar is different from yours , its way deeper :( , and it didnt improve a single bit :( .. I couldnt care bout the scarring less , cuz theres always laser but its the epi fold that nara cut on me im worried about .... its totally uneven and whats worst its unrevisional ? My left eye was cut way too deep , the epi was way too sharp at the edge while my right one lost the Z shape and was oval .. but i quite like it that way ... i couldnt help feeling sad for myself . Went to the doctor just now , he said that my scar is deep too ... ask me to pray hard this few weeks that it might heal , or i have to go to a plastic surgeon again :( Looking back I really missed my eyes now ...and christmas is coming

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 7:39 pm

lushes wrote:[quote="changeinme]

Thanks changeinme for ur advice and and knowledge..Unfortunately for me my epi scar is different from yours , its way deeper :( , and it didnt improve a single bit :( .. I couldnt care bout the scarring less , cuz theres always laser but its the epi fold that nara cut on me im worried about .... its totally uneven and whats worst its unrevisional ? My left eye was cut way too deep , the epi was way too sharp at the edge while my right one lost the Z shape and was oval .. but i quite like it that way ... i couldnt help feeling sad for myself . Went to the doctor just now , he said that my scar is deep too ... ask me to pray hard this few weeks that it might heal , or i have to go to a plastic surgeon again :( Looking back I really missed my eyes now ...and christmas is coming
[/quote]

Looks like we're in the same boat. I am thinking of going to Taiwan or Korea for revision in 6 months if my eye shape doesn't change or improve. Yea you can't get the epicanthal fold back but epicanthoplasty can be revised afterall its kinda like pulling your skin in different directions to modify the inner corner of the eye. I've researched a lot since I went through the same situation with the epi. I think Nara's epi skills are either a hit or miss. I haven't heard anyone who's satisfied with the epi at this stage. Trust me my epi scars was the exact same as yours. I can see the Z-plasty scar. The photo quality ain't that good but trust me look at the same spot where your depressed scar is and imagine that being as deep as yours cos the stitch was sitting there. It went away. It's kinda lumpy when I touch it now. Instead of it staying depressed it became a bit raised. I think it's just swelling around your eye area. Hell I even had bloody scabs. Did you experience that?

Look at this link. Not for faint hearted. http://www.realself.com/files/P10002372-39544.jpg
That was me with my eyes closed after 6 days. I wanted to die. Cried really hard too. My family has been really supportive so that helps. Everyone here was supportive and it kinda helped me a little. I think I'm developing obsessive compulsive disorder with my eyes. I still regret doing the procedure. My epi's not sharp at all. One side squarish one side semi-sharp. It's still like this now. My left eye also looks way bigger than the right. It's not that bad when you only look at the eyes but when you look at my face they look like 2 different eyes. One's big and other ones smaller. Nara might've overcorrected my left eye and opened it more which is now making me look like I have slight ptosis on my right.

BTW whats that piece of meat there? I'm confused. Was it there before?

Yea christmas and my birthday on NYE. I never had this problem with my first surgery you know. I was out and about in 2 weeks.

turnerdhr
Regular
Regular

for post op healing

Post by turnerdhr » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 9:29 pm

yes, the Prof. also told me to take this japan supplement to help in post healing called lifeforce... he said it's made by some aesth. doctor group and it does help after surgery... lipo....etc. for me... i def. need as i am doing serious stuff.... forehead contouring.... and impalnt

lushes

Post by lushes » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 9:35 pm

changeinme wrote:
lushes wrote:[quote="changeinme]

Looks like we're in the same boat. I am thinking of going to Taiwan or Korea for revision in 6 months if my eye shape doesn't change or improve. Yea you can't get the epicanthal fold back but epicanthoplasty can be revised afterall its kinda like pulling your skin in different directions to modify the inner corner of the eye. I've researched a lot since I went through the same situation with the epi. I think Nara's epi skills are either a hit or miss. I haven't heard anyone who's satisfied with the epi at this stage. Trust me my epi scars was the exact same as yours. I can see the Z-plasty scar. The photo quality ain't that good but trust me look at the same spot where your depressed scar is and imagine that being as deep as yours cos the stitch was sitting there. It went away. It's kinda lumpy when I touch it now. Instead of it staying depressed it became a bit raised. I think it's just swelling around your eye area. Hell I even had bloody scabs. Did you experience that?

Look at this link. Not for faint hearted. http://www.realself.com/files/P10002372-39544.jpg
That was me with my eyes closed after 6 days. I wanted to die. Cried really hard too. My family has been really supportive so that helps. Everyone here was supportive and it kinda helped me a little. I think I'm developing obsessive compulsive disorder with my eyes. I still regret doing the procedure. My epi's not sharp at all. One side squarish one side semi-sharp. It's still like this now. My left eye also looks way bigger than the right. It's not that bad when you only look at the eyes but when you look at my face they look like 2 different eyes. One's big and other ones smaller. Nara might've overcorrected my left eye and opened it more which is now making me look like I have slight ptosis on my right.

BTW whats that piece of meat there? I'm confused. Was it there before?

Yea christmas and my birthday on NYE. I never had this problem with my first surgery you know. I was out and about in 2 weeks.
[/quote][/quote]

Now that u mentioned obsessive complusive eye disorder , i think I am one too . I cant stop looking into a mirror , and I keep persuading myself that my scar has improved / better than yesterday , and non stop taking pictures to compare though i keep holding my self back from mirrors cuz it makes me sad , but i failed everytime . The first thing i do when i wake up is run infront of my mirror to check my eyes...u must think im going mad .
Yes , i understand that u cant do revision after 6 months, i already did research though , heck the epi is too damn big difference for it to heal/ get in place like what nara told me and it would take too long (i cant wait and no patience and i dont wanna scare the public). I am quite intrested in Korea though , OZ clinic .
I just broke down today, and yeah , i said i wanted to die too cuz i feel that ive disfigured myself . In case u didnt know , my birthday is on Jan 17 :)) bloody good news ..

The meat there was my lids .. I think Nara didnt do well on my lids too , or my lids are too fat ? It couldnt follow his cut ... so yeah , i have a meat lump on my eye now. This was my first surgery and i am very dissapointed :(( I hope it would miracously heal somehow

changeinme

Post by changeinme » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 10:22 pm

lushes wrote: Now that u mentioned obsessive complusive eye disorder , i think I am one too . I cant stop looking into a mirror , and I keep persuading myself that my scar has improved / better than yesterday , and non stop taking pictures to compare though i keep holding my self back from mirrors cuz it makes me sad , but i failed everytime . The first thing i do when i wake up is run infront of my mirror to check my eyes...u must think im going mad .
Yes , i understand that u cant do revision after 6 months, i already did research though , heck the epi is too damn big difference for it to heal/ get in place like what nara told me and it would take too long (i cant wait and no patience and i dont wanna scare the public). I am quite intrested in Korea though , OZ clinic .
I just broke down today, and yeah , i said i wanted to die too cuz i feel that ive disfigured myself . In case u didnt know , my birthday is on Jan 17 :)) bloody good news ..

The meat there was my lids .. I think Nara didnt do well on my lids too , or my lids are too fat ? It couldnt follow his cut ... so yeah , i have a meat lump on my eye now. This was my first surgery and i am very dissapointed :(( I hope it would miracously heal somehow
Ii'm exactly the same way. I sent nara 3 emails with all those complications and all he can say is wait 6 months. I asked if he removed too much skin which is now causing my eyelids to not close properly. He denied saying he's a board certified ps and he did not remove too much skin. I also sent him an email about the asymmetry with the epi and he said its too early to assess results and according to his experience he doesn't think its necessary for a revision. I am bloody praying I have enough skin for the scar revision. I feel absolutely disfigured too. I totally understand how u feel. I wake up each morning to see if anythings improved but no one eyes still bigger than the other.

I was considering either BK Dongyang or OZ clinic too! I was leaning more towards OZ since BK is kinda expensive. Dr Kim from BK asked me to wait 6 months just so my eyelids can close fully and allow it to fully heal before revising. Quoted me $4000-$5000 USD! I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Park in OZ clinic. I believe it would be another Dr Kang cos he specializes in revision if we go to OZ. I'm also very impatient! My biggest concern now is the epi. GOD I miss my epicanthal fold. Bloody hell look at the epi in all those sites they look nothing like mine post op. I'm also considering Dr Chuang from Wish Clinic. He's quite reputable for eyelids and epi too.

I think yours might be fine after a month. You're only a couple of days post op and it doesn't look as though you have lid closure problem. I am a month today and my healing has slowed down to snails pace and nothing is changing. My eyes still don't shut fully. When I shut my eyes the crease is still there. So many freaking problems. If only we can turn back time. When I raise my eyebrows the skin stretches out but then my eyeballs won't shut. I look like an absolute freak! I just pray I won't need skin grafting for the revision.

funkygirl

Post by funkygirl » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:17 pm

lushes wrote:
funkygirl wrote:
lushes wrote:
Hi anglefern :)

Im back in Malaysia d :) dont worry , actually it wasnt so scary after all , i even took the tut tut to the "pasar" where u can get nice heels for as cheap as 30bht!!
Yeah I asked Nara bout the botox for the calves, bt he doesnt do it :( dont know why .. I didnt manage to asked him!! totally forgotten about it when i went there to get my waterproofs done. I did inner and outer thighs :)

heys lushes! whats the pasar called?? :) wna go there 2 shop!

Just tell the tut tut driver in hookien "pasak" (means market) , and he`ll know ...its where the tourist normally go .. The normal price rate is 20 bht per person so dont get cheated
thankyou!:)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:53 pm

changeinme wrote:
lushes wrote: Now that u mentioned obsessive complusive eye disorder , i think I am one too . I cant stop looking into a mirror , and I keep persuading myself that my scar has improved / better than yesterday , and non stop taking pictures to compare though i keep holding my self back from mirrors cuz it makes me sad , but i failed everytime . The first thing i do when i wake up is run infront of my mirror to check my eyes...u must think im going mad .

Ii'm exactly the same way. I sent nara 3 emails with all those complications and all he can say is wait 6 months. I asked if he removed too much skin which is now causing my eyelids to not close properly. He denied saying he's a board certified ps and he did not remove too much skin. I also sent him an email about the asymmetry with the epi and he said its too early to assess results and according to his experience he doesn't think its necessary for a revision. I am bloody praying I have enough skin for the scar revision. I feel absolutely disfigured too. I totally understand how u feel. I wake up each morning to see if anythings improved but no one eyes still bigger than the other.

I was considering either BK Dongyang or OZ clinic too! I was leaning more towards OZ since BK is kinda expensive. Dr Kim from BK asked me to wait 6 months just so my eyelids can close fully and allow it to fully heal before revising. Quoted me $4000-$5000 USD! I'm still waiting to hear back from Dr Park in OZ clinic. I believe it would be another Dr Kang cos he specializes in revision if we go to OZ. I'm also very impatient! My biggest concern now is the epi. GOD I miss my epicanthal fold. Bloody hell look at the epi in all those sites they look nothing like mine post op. I'm also considering Dr Chuang from Wish Clinic. He's quite reputable for eyelids and epi too.

I think yours might be fine after a month. You're only a couple of days post op and it doesn't look as though you have lid closure problem. I am a month today and my healing has slowed down to snails pace and nothing is changing. My eyes still don't shut fully. When I shut my eyes the crease is still there. So many freaking problems. If only we can turn back time. When I raise my eyebrows the skin stretches out but then my eyeballs won't shut. I look like an absolute freak! I just pray I won't need skin grafting for the revision.
can't comment abt epi cos it wasn;t offered when i first went, but the lids do look like what i'd gone thru, really thick at the start.

changeinme, when u first did lids in sg, what method was it? laser, or cutting? got remove fats? cos i think it'd make a diff. can show u my after op pics if u want, can see took abt 6 mths for the lids to look normal :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Ebony

Post by Ebony » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 3:48 am

shan1984 wrote:hi.. i avoid eating seafoods n eggs and those spicy n oily foods for e first week after rhino. today i juz went to remove my stitches and my job feels a lil pain as well but not 3 times a day. onli will feel pain when i apply pressure on the bridge or the tip. Tip still feel abit numb n gt slight redness.
also, my nose feels a lil pain, like a jab or something, suddenly for ard a few seconds each time. ard 3 times a day. is it normal??
Hi, i did rhino and it almost two weeks. Do i need to get my stitches remove? Dr putt told me that it will disolve itself but it doesn't. Should i get it remove? Thanks..

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 9:25 am

angelfern wrote:Hi kensan,

Oh, too late to order liao, we're flying off next week already.
Hope the 2 pkts of sineech will reduce sis's swelling & bruises quickly.

Thanks!
Too late, took at least two weeks for delivery.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 9:33 am

changeinme wrote: hey i did teeth whitening at the purple signboard place. charged me 8000 baht. you get a take home kit. bear in mind you need to give them a day allowance to get your mould ready. i just walked in no wait at all it prolly lasted an hour or so plus cleaning and all that
Thanks.

My epi scars were thick and red, can feel like a lump in the first 2 months but now completely gone. My only advice is to apply scar cream regularly to soften the scars and give it another 2 months at least before rushing into any revision. Be patient.

Can u pm me the name of the client in Yishun?

takuda
Chatter
Chatter

Post by takuda » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 11:48 am

boii18 wrote:hi im going to bangkok for botox on jan 12 to 15. anyone want to tag along? its only $105 by jetstar. sale ends tmr.!
Boii18, 105 is excluding the taxes. The final price after taxes should be about 160. I'm not sure if they still have the sale fare though.
Cry when you get ripped.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 3:48 pm

hey takuda..

erm yes most of them sell at 160. i bought at another date, with total price ( booked with credit card ) being 110

btw do you have msn? do you mind PM me your msn address? i want your opinion.. haha, if you don't mind

hibear

Post by hibear » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 4:29 pm

Ebony wrote:
shan1984 wrote:hi.. i avoid eating seafoods n eggs and those spicy n oily foods for e first week after rhino. today i juz went to remove my stitches and my job feels a lil pain as well but not 3 times a day. onli will feel pain when i apply pressure on the bridge or the tip. Tip still feel abit numb n gt slight redness.
Hi, i did rhino and it almost two weeks. Do i need to get my stitches remove? Dr putt told me that it will disolve itself but it doesn't. Should i get it remove? Thanks..

u gotta use the solution tat dr putt gave u to dissolve the stitches. i dip cotton bud in the solution then keep on roll on the stitches.

boii18
Reporter
Reporter

Post by boii18 » Mon, 14 Dec 2009 4:39 pm

hibear wrote:
Ebony wrote:

u gotta use the solution tat dr putt gave u to dissolve the stitches. i dip cotton bud in the solution then keep on roll on the stitches.
got solution for that? or just use normal saline?