Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
janvida

Re: Inspiring stories and great info!

Post by janvida » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 7:07 am

vivilen81 wrote:
janvida wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this post and a newbie in PS. I've been wanting to do nose and eyes for the longest time but no courage and always felt i haven't done enough research. But after reading through this forum ( so many pages to go thru!) i'm definitely more confident and inspired by all your feedback and encounters.

I have decided to go to Dr Nara most likely in Sept. However, i still got a few questions that i hope all the experts could help me out with.

1) After reading this forum, i understand that with eye surgery, the swelling will subside after about a week. May i know if its possible to put on eye makeup after 1 week from the surgery? I only have 1 week leave and need to go back work immediately after. And i definitely need to have makeup on cause of work. would it hurt when i use eye makeup remover after that?

2) I have quite a bad recurring case of sinus and hence always have runny or sneezy nose, with the rhino done, would it be affected whenever i blow my nose, which is quite a regular thing in the mornings for me? like would i shift the implant or something?

3)I already have double eyelids but not obvious cause its kinda thin and hidden when my eyes are open. So should i still be doing a double eyelid op or go for epi? Just want my eyes to be huge! haha... they are so small now. and drooping like a chinese eight / \

Thanks for all your responses and feedback in advanced!! appreciate all the time it'll take to answer my annoying questions. after reading this forum, i realised some of you are so patient its amazing! a great gift to newbies to PS like myself!

Cheers!

1) I tink is better not to put eye make-up for time being, the eyelid still hurt after 1 wk, the swelling will still be obvious.

2) I have the same sinus problem like u, worried alot be4 surgery, but i turns out fine. Implant will not shift, juz dun blow thru ur nose, open ur mouth when sneezing.

3) I oso hv hidden double eyelids, Nara advise me to cut off the excess skin & fat, cut n stitch method. I hv epi done too, Nara said it will look nicer if epi is done together.
Thanks so much for ur reply Vivilen81! :)
so how long later then will i be able to put makeup on my eyes?
im sorry if i sound silly but if dun blow thru nose then blow thru where ah?
oh, and u think u can send share with me ur pics? my email: [email protected]
thanks again!

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 8:19 am

aadvark wrote:
kensan wrote:Eyelids really took long time to heal, its like two weeks and it still look swollen though getting better.
:(
most of the swelling shld go away by 3rd week, but be prepared that it'd look unnaturally thick for the first 6 mths at least, mine took a whole yr...

and u'll get bitchy frens who'll start telling u "why so thick", "last time nicer", "so unnatural"... just bear with it for the time being :)
so far I've avoided all my friends but my colleagues said my eyes look bigger, it will look even bigger when the crease subsides more. one of my customers couldn't even recognise me when we will out for a drink.

when i went to remove the stitches the other day, the clinic assistance asked about my eyelids cos she is also interested in doing blepharoplasty.
Last edited by kensan on Thu, 09 Jul 2009 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Lipo @ Dr Nara's

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 8:25 am

kyrababy wrote:hihi all,

I am a newie here....well i am going to Dr Nara's in August. Just a question: has anyone stayed at Novotel Centara at Hatyai before? is it far away from Dr Nara's clinic? i checked out the Lee Garden Plaza Hotel and it seems that the room rates are higher. :D
Both hotels are only 5 mins walk to Dr Nara's clinic. If u go by coach, u can book with the coach agency when u arrive Hatyai.

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 9:04 am

janvida wrote:
vivilen81 wrote:
janvida wrote:Hi everyone, I'm new to this post and a newbie in PS. I've been wanting to do nose and eyes for the longest time but no courage and always felt i haven't done enough research. But after reading through this forum ( so many pages to go thru!) i'm definitely more confident and inspired by all your feedback and encounters.

I have decided to go to Dr Nara most likely in Sept. However, i still got a few questions that i hope all the experts could help me out with.

1) After reading this forum, i understand that with eye surgery, the swelling will subside after about a week. May i know if its possible to put on eye makeup after 1 week from the surgery? I only have 1 week leave and need to go back work immediately after. And i definitely need to have makeup on cause of work. would it hurt when i use eye makeup remover after that?

2) I have quite a bad recurring case of sinus and hence always have runny or sneezy nose, with the rhino done, would it be affected whenever i blow my nose, which is quite a regular thing in the mornings for me? like would i shift the implant or something?

3)I already have double eyelids but not obvious cause its kinda thin and hidden when my eyes are open. So should i still be doing a double eyelid op or go for epi? Just want my eyes to be huge! haha... they are so small now. and drooping like a chinese eight / \

Thanks for all your responses and feedback in advanced!! appreciate all the time it'll take to answer my annoying questions. after reading this forum, i realised some of you are so patient its amazing! a great gift to newbies to PS like myself!

Cheers!

1) I tink is better not to put eye make-up for time being, the eyelid still hurt after 1 wk, the swelling will still be obvious.

2) I have the same sinus problem like u, worried alot be4 surgery, but i turns out fine. Implant will not shift, juz dun blow thru ur nose, open ur mouth when sneezing.

3) I oso hv hidden double eyelids, Nara advise me to cut off the excess skin & fat, cut n stitch method. I hv epi done too, Nara said it will look nicer if epi is done together.
Thanks so much for ur reply Vivilen81! :)
so how long later then will i be able to put makeup on my eyes?
im sorry if i sound silly but if dun blow thru nose then blow thru where ah?
oh, and u think u can send share with me ur pics? my email: [email protected]
thanks again!

Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
When u feel like sneezing, gently hold the tip of ur nose & open ur mouth, blow thru ur mouth not nose, to avoid pressure on ur nose.
My eyes is nw uneven due to different degree of swelling, will send u some pics when i look better.

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 9:08 am

kensan wrote:

I am a newie here....well i am going to Dr Nara's in August. Just a question: has anyone stayed at Novotel Centara at Hatyai before? is it far away from Dr Nara's clinic? i checked out the Lee Garden Plaza Hotel and it seems that the room rates are higher. :D
Both hotels are only 5 mins walk to Dr Nara's clinic. If u go by coach, u can book with the coach agency when u arrive Hatyai.

Lee garden plz is cheaper actually, but Novotel the best in haytai. Lovely Tours in haytai quote me 1,270 bhts for a superior room, cheaper than 1,700 bhts booking online and 2,000 bhts walk-in rate.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 9:33 am

vivilen81 wrote:
kensan wrote:

Lee garden plz is cheaper actually, but Novotel the best in haytai. Lovely Tours in haytai quote me 1,270 bhts for a superior room, cheaper than 1,700 bhts booking online and 2,000 bhts walk-in rate.
Ya, rate will be better to book there.
Lovely Tours is Grassland coach and also about 5 mins walk to Dr Nara's clinic. His clinic is inbetween Lovely Tours and Lee Garden Plaza.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 9:35 am

vivilen81 wrote: Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
When u feel like sneezing, gently hold the tip of ur nose & open ur mouth, blow thru ur mouth not nose, to avoid pressure on ur nose.
My eyes is nw uneven due to different degree of swelling, will send u some pics when i look better.
Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:04 am

Hi Kensan, can i know where you had your epicanthoplasty done ? Any scar ? epicanthoplasty is something like this right http://www.drmeronk.com/asian/asian-root-z.html. it will make the width of your eyes longer, hence looks bigger ?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.

confabulate
Regular
Regular

Post by confabulate » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:06 am

hi janvida you gg alone ? coz im looking for someone to go with me. fyi im a guy =] Cheers

winter21
Regular
Regular

Post by winter21 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:14 am

before my rhinoplasty... Im also very worried abt sneezing, bumping into someone/thing etc... in the end.. i just hack care and go ahead with it. since it is what I want since young...

and everything turns out fine... its painless after operation, just some stiffness and swelling.

as for sneezing else... i behave like coffee shop uncles when sneezing.. open mouth n sneeze! hahaha... i never hold my tip as it hurts a little touching that area.

by the way... i have develop a small lump of skin at my incision part...
sigh... its not obvious.. but is this common??

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:50 am

winter21 wrote:before my rhinoplasty... Im also very worried abt sneezing, bumping into someone/thing etc... in the end.. i just hack care and go ahead with it. since it is what I want since young...

and everything turns out fine... its painless after operation, just some stiffness and swelling.

as for sneezing else... i behave like coffee shop uncles when sneezing.. open mouth n sneeze! hahaha... i never hold my tip as it hurts a little touching that area.

by the way... i have develop a small lump of skin at my incision part...

Do u mean the swelling inside the nostrils or wat?

vivilen81
Regular
Regular

Post by vivilen81 » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 10:55 am

kensan wrote:
vivilen81 wrote: Can try putting make-up 2 wks later, hv to be careful, gently tap on eyelid as it still a bit painful. Itz tougher if u apply liquid foundation, no matter hw gentle u are, tend to stretch the skin around nose area, painful....
Can send me your pix also? I had also done blepharoplasty, epicanthoplasty and rhinoplasty. We can exchange pix for comparison. :D

Will post some pics here later date... Hw abt ur epi scars? Mine still red and raised. Im currently applying a silicone gel to it, hope it works.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 1:39 pm

vivilen81 wrote: Will post some pics here later date... Hw abt ur epi scars? Mine still red and raised. Im currently applying a silicone gel to it, hope it works.
Now 12 days post ops, still red and raised and abit hard to touch. Applying some scars lightening cream.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 1:41 pm

winter21 wrote:by the way... i have develop a small lump of skin at my incision part...
I also have a small lump on one side.

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Thu, 09 Jul 2009 1:44 pm

confabulate wrote:Hi Kensan, can i know where you had your epicanthoplasty done ? Any scar ? epicanthoplasty is something like this right http://www.drmeronk.com/asian/asian-root-z.html. it will make the width of your eyes longer, hence looks bigger ?

Thanks in advance for answering my queries.
By Dr Nara and of cos there are scars but it will fade away, epicanthoplasty only require if u have epicanthal fold and once removed it will make your eyes look wider and bigger overall.

If u do eyes surgery, I would suggest u stay at least 2 nites.