Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
no.good.advice

Post by no.good.advice » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 2:02 am

Jocundster wrote:Just came back from my Otoplasty surgery (Ears surgery) in Hatyai with Dr. Nara~ It was a interesting trip actually and I met Pinkice on the way to the hotel~

The surgery went well and it was about 2.5 hrs for the whole operation, Dr. Nara has created a new technique for Otoplasty, in the past they required stitching at e back of your ears, however currently it requires the front & back that holds the ears better in place, so costing has increased to 10,000 baht. If this technique works better, i don't mind the front stitching as i heard quite some cases of ears popping back (from other doctor's cases). At most, i will do more follow up with the after op care.

♥ Consultation @approx. 12.30pm
♥ Operation @9.30pm
♥ Removed my bandages 6th day
♥ Removed my stitches on the 7th day (departure day)

Hint: The sun was freaking hot these days in Hatyai, so remember to bring your umbrella (Sun exposure is not good for after op), even though i was under shade, my nose was kinda bleeding too. So stay in bound might be the best~

There is one thing, i beg to diff. on what was written about Dr. Nara, he is actually a very heart-warming person. For the entire operation, i was wide-awake and we were actually chatting for almost 2.5 hrs. The nurses & Dr. Nara was really fun and interesting, making the whole experience memorable. I took some pictures with them (ahm.. he asked me not to post them.. lol)

Hope that this might change your opinion for Dr. Nara, as for me he has definitely left good impression for my 1st operation with him.

So all in all, my ears has finally came in peace with my face and i hope people who is going for any operations in Hatyai will have a fun time like me~

Cheers,
Jo
Hi!
How did the bandages look like? I saw some online and they were really huge. Just worried i cant shop after. lol. Do you think you could post a picture or send them to me via pm or something?

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Wed, 01 Apr 2009 11:05 am

Finally!! This evening i will be setting out to Hatyai by coach.

Hope i will survive the 12 hrs coach ride..

Good luck to me! ahha so pathetic right? :P

boicott
Regular
Regular

gd luck

Post by boicott » Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:09 pm

Brenton wrote:Finally!! This evening i will be setting out to Hatyai by coach.

Hope i will survive the 12 hrs coach ride..

Good luck to me! ahha so pathetic right? :P
Gd luck to ur op..

12 hours is ok la for the nite ride cos u can sleep! but the ride back after the surgery isnt that comfortable cos daylight+e swell after surgery..

but shd b fine!

gordiansknot

Post by gordiansknot » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 2:46 pm

hey all, i just emailed dr put and he says that he does tipplasty. anyone been thru that by him before?

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 4:12 pm

Hi everyone!!

Currently it's my second day post surgery.
Did eyes and nose...
Not much swelling for eyes
but nose swell a lot!!

Nara was very different from what i read in the forum.
I even suspected that i went to the wrong clinic.

When i went into the room for consultation, he appeared to be stern. But after chatting for a while, he became very very friendly.

I opted for a low crease as most people say guys shdn't get a high crease. He mentioned that a high fold would look better on me, but he respect my decision.

But when he was tracing the lines on my eyes for the operation, he tried a few creases and told me that a high fold really look better on me, so i told him to go ahead. He reassured me by saying that he will do the optimum.

I am quite happy with the result of my nose as i actually saw it before it started to swell.

Ning came in halfway through my operation and commented that i look better than in photo..then Nara said that's because i just had my nose done.

He told me that the result of the nose was better than what he expected as he emphasized before the operation that people with thick nose skin seldom see any difference.

Well..time to go buy pineapple juice and go sleep le...

update you guys again when i am presentable.

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 5:15 pm

hey brenton,

congrats to ya! now u dont have to visit dr pat anymore i reckon?
did u experience any wake ups before the op ends?

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 6:23 pm

hownowhownow wrote:hey brenton,

Yes he did my nose first then eyes...

halfway through the nose i was awake already.

What i dun like was that i told him that i am very awake...
But all he said was that, "But it's not painful right?"

Then i tried groaning like what aadvark mentioned previously...
and i got scolded...."You keep groaning i can't concentrate you know?"

Vainity got to me and i don't dare to groan anymore...

It was very boring and scary....there were a few times when i felt like asking them to talk to me instead of talking to each other so that i wun feel so bored, but i don't dare to request.

Towards the end, ning was helping me remove some stitches and i was surprised that she is faster than the nurse that was helping Nara...

Turned out that she is a doctor actually!! (got to know as ning and nara has a conversation with me after my surgery.

Blurze

Post by Blurze » Fri, 03 Apr 2009 10:30 pm

Hi Brenton,

Glad to know that everything went well for you. Have a speedy recovery and awaiting for your updates

Take care :D
Brenton wrote:
hownowhownow wrote:hey brenton,

Yes he did my nose first then eyes...

halfway through the nose i was awake already.

What i dun like was that i told him that i am very awake...
But all he said was that, "But it's not painful right?"

Then i tried groaning like what aadvark mentioned previously...
and i got scolded...."You keep groaning i can't concentrate you know?"

Vainity got to me and i don't dare to groan anymore...

It was very boring and scary....there were a few times when i felt like asking them to talk to me instead of talking to each other so that i wun feel so bored, but i don't dare to request.

Towards the end, ning was helping me remove some stitches and i was surprised that she is faster than the nurse that was helping Nara...

Turned out that she is a doctor actually!! (got to know as ning and nara has a conversation with me after my surgery.

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 12:50 am

woah, never knew brenton was a guy. Gd update and hope you recover fast. Post up some pics when your swelling's down!

lol at the groaning bit. no offence to aadvark but that's dumb. No pain you still groan? Like i said before, it's just the twilight anaesthesia (the one that induces the groggy state) wearing off; the anaesthesia that numbs your body part rarely wears off during the actual surgery

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 7:49 am

cersepn wrote:woah, never knew brenton was a guy. Gd update and hope you recover fast. Post up some pics when your swelling's down!

lol at the groaning bit. no offence to aadvark but that's dumb. No pain you still groan? Like i said before, it's just the twilight anaesthesia (the one that induces the groggy state) wearing off; the anaesthesia that numbs your body part rarely wears off during the actual surgery
lol, it's to annoy them enuff so that they'd knock u out again :P
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 1:24 pm

cersepn wrote:woah, never knew brenton was a guy. Gd update and hope you recover fast. Post up some pics when your swelling's down!

Hmmm sure!! my swellin only start on the third day...i hope that does not mean i heal slower than normal pple...

Of cos brenton is a guy la....tell me if there is any girl using brenton as a nick, i want to go and know her... :P

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 1:28 pm

aadvark wrote:

lol, it's to annoy them enuff so that they'd knock u out again :P
You see, i even asked openly to ask him to let me sleep again.
(using put me to sleep just sound so wrong)
But he simply refused...I don't dare annoy him as i scare he will do a bad job on me if i am distracting him..

Annakilly

Hey brenton!

Post by Annakilly » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 2:23 pm

Hey brenton :)

Congrats on your successful surgery as of yet! I do hope you get the results you want! The swelling for the nose will be at its peak on the second to third day so no worries. It will swell for one more day at most and start to subside thereafter for most cases.
I thought you were going to do your surgery with Dr. Pat?
Nonetheless Dr. Nara's reputation precedes him :) i'm sure he did a wonderful job on you!
Enjoy your recovery and all the best
<3 anna

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Hey brenton!

Post by Brenton » Sat, 04 Apr 2009 5:57 pm

Annakilly wrote:Hey brenton :)

Congrats on your successful surgery as of yet! I do hope you get the results you want! The swelling for the nose will be at its peak on the second to third day so no worries. It will swell for one more day at most and start to subside thereafter for most cases.
Nonetheless Dr. Nara's reputation precedes him :) i'm sure he did a wonderful job on you!
<3 anna
Hello Anna! how's your nose le?? settled and good enough for your expectation?

After chatting with Nara, i ask Nara if he is willing to do with me as he rejected doing for me in the email.

In the end he is willing to do the nose for me as he said i understand the limitation.

I hope when the swelling comes down, it would be ok....cos this morning i took a photo of my nose and it look very short to me.. :(

Eyes-wise still waiting to see results impatiently!

Oh Peeps,

When i said the operation was a success, i meant operation-wise. As in not much pain post op, no bleeding at all after surgery even though i took a plane the next day.

Look-wise, i shall reserve my comments till everything settled down :)

Annakilly

Re: Hey brenton!

Post by Annakilly » Sun, 05 Apr 2009 12:14 am

Brenton wrote:
Annakilly wrote:Hey brenton :)

<3 anna
Hello Anna! how's your nose le?? settled and good enough for your expectation?

After chatting with Nara, i ask Nara if he is willing to do with me as he rejected doing for me in the email.

In the end he is willing to do the nose for me as he said i understand the limitation.

I hope when the swelling comes down, it would be ok....cos this morning i took a photo of my nose and it look very short to me.. :(

Eyes-wise still waiting to see results impatiently!

Oh Peeps,

When i said the operation was a success, i meant operation-wise. As in not much pain post op, no bleeding at all after surgery even though i took a plane the next day.

Look-wise, i shall reserve my comments till everything settled down :)
Hey brenton! Great to get a reply from you :)
My nose is very much the way i want it already, i'm really happy with my results. Only 2 months post op, can't wait for it to be 6 months cause i'm sure it'll look much better and natural in 6 months. Its not as high as before already, no complaints about the nose! Hey i got my camera fixed, prolly email them to you as soon as i can yeah!

Oh and great that you didn't have any after effects and a traumatic surgery :D Guess Nara's skills played a part!
I really do hope that you get the nose you want, it may be short now due to the swelling like you said, so give it a couple of weeks, patience buddy! Stuff yourself with pineapple and sineech haha! Oh and cut down on sodium intake, that will help the swelling go down too.
Good luck and keep us updated!

<3 anna