Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
looier

Post by looier » Mon, 23 Feb 2009 1:09 am

Hi guys, just to let you know my experience with doctors Pat and Nara.

I sent them both pictures of stomach area and told them I was interested in tummy tuck.
Pat answered there wasn't enough loose skin but he could tighten the abdominal wall.
Nara also said not enough lose skin and therefore not good candidate for abdominoplasty.
When I asked Nara couldn't he just tighten abdominal wall he answered: on a scale of one to ten you are 5 and after operation would be 6 or 7, most ppl. not satisfied with this result.
Now Nara explains and tells expected outcome, but Pat only goes allong with me and says it can be done.
Maybe Pat pulls sutures tighter I don't know.

But anyway it shows like Aadvark told before, Nara is very staightforward and if he thinks it doesn't comply with his standards he wont do it while Pat seems to go along with whatever the patient wants regardless of the outcome.

But it leafs me split, my vaine part says ok I will do for 1 or 2 points improvement. The other part is more practical/logical and says why waist 2.500 US dollars, have major surgery and be in hostpital for 3 days with such little result.

Sigh, it's so hard to make up my mind.

What you think?

I would have posted pics of my tummy, but don't know how to put them in this post. Could someone explain?

Ginnie84

Hi All..

Post by Ginnie84 » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 5:12 pm

Dear All,

I will be going to Dr Nara's on 25Mar for Lipo & mabe BA..

Anybody wants to join? Let me know k...You may email me [email protected]

Anyway,is my first time there... 8-)

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 5:20 pm

I guess they are real busy?
Sent an email to Dr Nara on Sunday but didn;t get any reply yet? :D

pootie
Regular
Regular

Post by pootie » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 5:22 pm

does anyone know if dr puttisak uses button or wing implant for the chin??

i read that wing implant makes the face more angular and button more feminine.. im a female going for nose and eyelid surgery (i already have a double eyelid but i wanted dr puttisak to remove the excess skin/fats so i dun look so tired all the time) and i thot a chin implant is also good to balance out the nose.. :)

thanks so much! :)

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 5:29 pm

Also, just to check, does Dr Nara do the stitching method for eyelid surgery?

Ginnie84

Post by Ginnie84 » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 6:15 pm

Hi heloise,

I would like to know more about BA...Maybe can you email me coz i am not able to PM yet..Thanks

[email protected]

Annakilly

Hey All :)

Post by Annakilly » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 9:57 pm

Hey all i thought this would be useful to all those planning on going for Rhinoplasty :)
I got these from researching many websites!
Enjoy!
P.S Click on the links for a bigger clearer image!

Annakilly

Reposting from Tokai's thread

Post by Annakilly » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 9:59 pm

Hey everyone, i just came back from tokai last wednesday!
I went to do redo my nose implant because i felt the bridge was too high and unnatural and my tip wasn't sharp enough.
I had my previous implant done by Dr. CL Yeap at Mount E 3 years back!

Its my 6th day after the surgey and i have a major problem!
Its said that the bridge will go down by 1/3 its original height in 6 months, HOW ABOUT THE TIP??? Please tell me the tip will go down in height too!
omg Dr. Pat made my tip super high, my nose practically looks like a fork sticking out of my pancake face, i look like pinnochio Is it normal for the tip to be that high, because right now my bridge is fine

I hope some of you kind souls will help answer my question!

Other than that the trip was fine, no worries as Dr. Pat is a nice doctor. He was very straighforward with me in regards to my expectation. He told me that my expectations are impossible because i have thick nasal skin, but he would try his best to achieve what i wanted.
I woke up during the surgery like many others did and it hurt, i was whining away and i begged him to put me back to sleep, he said it wasn't neccessary and injected me with more local anesthetic. Operation lasted and hour.
The nurses were fantastic, held my hand throughout the procedure and they were very friendly and sincere, they even hired a cab to take me to my destination at a fixed price after surgery because they said most cab drivers liked to take farangs out on a ride to get more money.

I paid 25 000 Baht for the revision rhinoplasty in all after bargaining with him. Oh and i forgot to mention his humble 3 storey clinic did not look impressive from the outside, but it looked proper from the inside, with all the facilities needed. Definitely looked more professional then the surgery room of the previous doctor i went to in Singapore.

I will most likely not post any photos here in the forum but might do so discreetly to other forumners who are thinking of going for surgery. Do feel free to contact me through this forum, if you have any questions or queries and i will definitely answer them to my fullest
All the best to those gg for surgery and those who are healing!

heloise

Post by heloise » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 10:43 pm

*edit*

macaronincheeze
Chatter
Chatter

Post by macaronincheeze » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:34 pm

hownowhownow wrote:I guess they are real busy?
Sent an email to Dr Nara on Sunday but didn;t get any reply yet? :D
Hi HowNow,

I think you can call them for confirmation. sometimes they didn't log in online to check email. :wink:

gordiansknot

Post by gordiansknot » Tue, 24 Feb 2009 11:56 pm

heloise wrote:
sunzhine30 wrote:
Brenton wrote: Waiting for leave approval, most likely i will be aiming for the 5th mar slot.....too bad 6th and 7th is fully taken...

Go by coach and come back by air la....
sounds good too, can save up some $$ this way. btw, has anyone do breast implant with dr nara?
had my BA done wif nara 2 weeks ago, i did alot of reading neforehand and learnt quite a fair bit abt BA....but when i was there, dr nara sort of changed my mind abt certain things....

in my case, wat i wanted was to have fuller and bigger breast when i decided to have BA done, but when i was there and i told him wat i wanted he told me that high profile implants would look fake and suggested a lower profile implant instead. i did not wan to argue or contest his expertise and put my trust in him and had my BA done on the day i arrived at HDY. now 2 weeks passed and i am beginning to regret not insisting on wat i wanted initially and when i emailed him to request to re-do my breast i was rejected..

he believes that it is important to look natural and thus would not suggest too drastic a change. so if u know wat u wan, do insist on wat u really wan.

anyway...just to share my experience...i flew to bkk on the 31st jan and stayed 2 nites in bkk b4 flying to HDY on airasia, arr at airport, took cab from airport to dr nara's clinic, consulted him, went for blood test at another location (the nurse there will help u hail a tuk tuk to bring u there for abt 20baht) after that i walked back to the clinic which was like 5-10mins walk away (HDY town not very big nor difficult to walk ard) went back to the clinic and dr nara den drew on my chest and told me to prepare for op in the evening.

went to the hospital at ard 8pm in tuk tuk from clinic which cost abt 20-30 baht, registered and was sent to the room for shower and wheeled into the OT for the preparation of my BA. the anesthetist came explained everything to me and den dr nara came at abt 8.30pm...

the next thing i knew, i was back in the room where my fren was waiting eagerly for my return,according to him, i was wheeled back into room at abt 11+pm...i was too weak and in pain and was drifting in and out of slp...

woke up in the morning and dr nara came abt 11am to check on me b4 i was discharged...went back to the hotel to rest for 2 nites and then went back to bkk...

dr nara thinks that it is not necessary to take sineech which i brought along wif me and says there is no need to wear compression bra after the BA but i personally felt dat it helped me recover better and faster...
wat he prescribed was antibiotics to be taken 3 times a day for 5 days....and advised me to have my stitches removed in 5 days...

altho i did not get wat i wanted and am now thinking of having another BA done at tokai since dr nara has rejected my request. dr pat at tokai replied my email and say i can re-do my breast any time so long there is no infection.having another BA done is not impossible but i was rejected by dr nara claiming that i might suffer from complications if i did it...

i am not saying that dr nara is not good, he is very professional and caring to his patients but i really regretted not insisting on wat i wanted, but i was thinking now dat he would not do it even tho i insisted. this is my personal experience and i would urge those who had done PS wif dr nara to share their experiences instead of bottling up if they are unhappy...

and always remember, DO INSIST if u know wat u wan...i may have left out some details but those who are keen can PM me their questions....

cheers....
yeah i agree with what heloise had said, he will not accomodate who those that request for a drastic change. i wanted a bigger cup size and he insists on not giving it to me as he mentioned that it is not proportionate to the body and etc. i didnt mention about this initially because i thought i was the only one facing it and dared not mentioned it. but seeing others also facing that prob, i guess its fine for me to voice out.

however, i really like his overall professionalism and his friendly staff and his attractive pricing but i would rather spend more to get what i really want.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 12:38 am

Hi, care to share photos of your ears? i am thinking of doing them too...
Can Dr Nara reduce the size of the ears too??

Are the stitches in front obvious? I dun understand why stitches in front can hold the ears back better...Hope you will share photos of your ears soon

Jocundster wrote:Just came back from my Otoplasty surgery (Ears surgery) in Hatyai with Dr. Nara~ It was a interesting trip actually and I met Pinkice on the way to the hotel~

The surgery went well and it was about 2.5 hrs for the whole operation, Dr. Nara has created a new technique for Otoplasty, in the past they required stitching at e back of your ears, however currently it requires the front & back that holds the ears better in place, so costing has increased to 10,000 baht. If this technique works better, i don't mind the front stitching as i heard quite some cases of ears popping back (from other doctor's cases). At most, i will do more follow up with the after op care.

♥ Consultation @approx. 12.30pm
♥ Operation @9.30pm
♥ Removed my bandages 6th day
♥ Removed my stitches on the 7th day (departure day)

Hint: The sun was freaking hot these days in Hatyai, so remember to bring your umbrella (Sun exposure is not good for after op), even though i was under shade, my nose was kinda bleeding too. So stay in bound might be the best~

There is one thing, i beg to diff. on what was written about Dr. Nara, he is actually a very heart-warming person. For the entire operation, i was wide-awake and we were actually chatting for almost 2.5 hrs. The nurses & Dr. Nara was really fun and interesting, making the whole experience memorable. I took some pictures with them (ahm.. he asked me not to post them.. lol)

Hope that this might change your opinion for Dr. Nara, as for me he has definitely left good impression for my 1st operation with him.

So all in all, my ears has finally came in peace with my face and i hope people who is going for any operations in Hatyai will have a fun time like me~

Cheers,
Jo

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Re: Hey All :)

Post by Pinkyice » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 1:23 am

Annakilly wrote:Hey all i thought this would be useful to all those planning on going for Rhinoplasty :)
I got these from researching many websites!
Enjoy!
P.S Click on the links for a bigger clearer image!

Although I had multiple plastic surgeries before, I will find myself going through the exact same cycle stated above each time.
So please be patient for the first few weeks because usually, it will look better in time to come.

Annakilly

Post by Annakilly » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 1:29 am

Hey PinkyIce

Just wanted to ask, have you been through Rhinoplasty?
If you have, will the tip become lower after deswelling?
My tips super high now, its not very pretty.

cpawl

Post by cpawl » Wed, 25 Feb 2009 5:25 am

Hi every one.
Macaronincheeze, Thanks for sharing your lipo results with every one. I have appointment for April 17th with Dr nara for tummy lipo and eye bag removal. I'm getting so excited but freaking out at the same time. I do hope Dr Nara will do lipo on me. I'm still a bit over weight. I have been trying to lose weight for almost 2 years. It gets hard after your 40 ah ah.
If any one will be around at this time ands wants to meet up for a meal or something let me know. I will be staying with my sister at lee garden plaza hotel.

Cindy