Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
mondayhue

Post by mondayhue » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:44 pm

kensan wrote:
Brenton wrote:I had my eyes and nose done on thursday after 3pm and i left hatyai on friday morning 10am
That's fast, with all the stitches on your eyes the custom officer never query? My appointment will be on a Friday, I plan to stay till Wednesday leh :)
How u got ur stitches removed? in sg??

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:49 pm

kensan wrote:
Brenton wrote:
kensan wrote: That's fast, with all the stitches on your eyes the custom officer never query? My appointment will be on a Friday, I plan to stay till Wednesday leh :)
Nope nobody said anything except for the custom in Singapore, asking me to change passport photo when everything settles in :D
Haha, he wants you to change to a more handsome photo mah. You neber ask him needs to put side view photo to show your new bridge anot ... whahahahahahahaha
Dun need la...i met my friend, he commented that i look the same from side view....so i guess not much difference.....Aadvark said the same thing also.....

So maybe it's so similar to my old nose that i am comfy with it...lol
dunno if it's a good thing...of cos hoping the tip will go down somemore..

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Fri, 24 Apr 2009 10:51 pm

mondayhue wrote:
kensan wrote:
Brenton wrote:I had my eyes and nose done on thursday after 3pm and i left hatyai on friday morning 10am
That's fast, with all the stitches on your eyes the custom officer never query? My appointment will be on a Friday, I plan to stay till Wednesday leh :)
How u got ur stitches removed? in sg??
yeah got the stitches removed by a GP 6 days after surgery.

Nose the stitches are dissolvable...one side came out two weeks later, the other side came out three weeks later after a run.

curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 1:57 pm

aadvark wrote:
Berserkmind wrote:hi i am totally new to PS. Hope you all can help me out :oops:

i am keen to slim down my face into a smaller shape, not sure if removing the buccal fats will work.. or must i go through a major surgery to 'file off' my jawlines? or can i just lipo the fats out of my double chin and cheeks?
scan thru this thread, got all the info u need. briefly, it depends on what makes ur face big...

if fat below epidermal layer (normal fat), then lipo the face. if jaw muscles too developed, then jaw botox. jaw structure too big, then jaw filing. buccal fat pad layer too thick, then buccal fat pad removal.

hmmm, is there a way for us to post these answers permanently in a FAQ, seems repetitive :)
wow, you're a goldmine of info

what's the diff btw epidermal/normal fat and buccal fat? and does Dr Nara do both types - will he help decide which a patient is more suitable for?

curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 2:15 pm

goodearth100 wrote:
Both old and new incisions lie side by side each other. those new ones are so much smaller and are fading away without forming keloids although they are only a few months old. But those old one are much longer, dark in colour and raised.

so if you are thinking of getting a traditional lipo with GA, please reconsider. Fat removal really shouldnt be painful.
thanks for the input!
I'm arranging for inner thighs+tummy lipo with Nara over 2 days.
I get keloid scars pretty easily and that's my major concern. Nara's nurse mentioned that the scars will be small and hidden in body creases.

@ goodearth: where are your scars? did you do a tummy lipo or...?

@ all forummers: others who have done tumescent lipo on the tummy/thigh areas - how are your scars doing? where ARE they "hidden"?

(PS: Dr Nara uses local anesthesia not GA; his technique is tumescent and as others have pointed out - "traditional" lipo is banned everywhere now.)

tweetyger1983

Post by tweetyger1983 » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 6:52 pm

hi may i know wat your down time is like i mean the swelling and brusing care to share more you can email me at [email protected]

Thank you

suuz wrote:My LIPOSUCTION at Dr Nara

On july 15th i went to HatYai and went into Dr Nara's office.
He was so surprised to see me he looked at me in complete disbelief.
Me very white and red hair, 83 kilo's at the time 174 cm long, but a large and chunky woman...he could not believe i stepped into his little clinic.
Wanted to know how i got to know abot him.
Though the last day there was another caucasian woman smiling at me when she was waiting for treatment...but who knows she might be living in Thailand.

So i had 4 area's done.
The first day my lovehandles/hips were done. (the sequence has to do if you have to like use your tummy to be swapped in with iodine- of you have done the tummy forst then it will be too hard)
So...uhmm i asked i didn't want the sedative. Nara was very surprised, and he sort of liked that i didn't want the drug, still he insisted every time i took it so at the 3rd operation i didn't fight it anymore. Just asked for a slil as possible.
And so it was not without pain... Almost every area there was pain when he (actually it was Ning, his wife who did all the lipo) reached the far away part (far away from the anestetic)- gosh sometimes i needed to swear a bit because it was painfull...

I had done:
day 1- Hips/lovehandles (aprox 1 liter of fat)
day 2 -Belly (mostly lower and a little of the upper- up to within the line of my ribs) (aprox 0,5 liter of fat)
day 3 - outside thighs (but there is still some left were the bumm comes out a bit- i asked for this to make it more natural- it looks good, but i now want all the fat gone...) (aprox 1,5 liter of fat)
day 4 - and a little on the back upperwaist and the back near the shoulderblades/backrolls (done on one day as one area but with 2 extra incisions) - (aprox 0,5 liter of fat)

The amount of fat i sort of guessed on the amount of white stuff in the fluid and i asked Nara how much he thought it was .

After the last operation 6 days later the last stitches where removed (On Bali) and i asked for a scale, as i felt 10 kilo's lighter...
I was 80 kilo's so the 3 liters of fat was gone. But i felt like i was 72 kilo's... And i look like that.

Now it is august 6th, about 8 weeks later, and i still look great! I weigh about 78 kilo's, an my size went from (european) 44/46 to 42, (US) 14/16 to 12. Lost 3-5 kilo's of pure fat. I want to be a size US 10 again... (don't need to be an 8 or less but with a 10 i would feel very good!)

I started out with a girdle XL, and after an XL with zippers, an XL without zippers, i am now in an L without zippers. I will wear it for at least another month as i still feel my skin has to heal a bit.

I was most worried about my belly. After surgery it was completely hanging loose. It took a week before it was attached to me again...and i had a very numb area, i realised it is sometimes bruised by clothes i wear so after that i gave it morte space and took more care. It was bruised and the blue color went away (this was after 1 month)

I still have a sometimes painful twitch in my areas that are treated. And as i reach my sides feel painful still. There are some hard underneath the skin areas (like scarry underneath or hard meat)

I look great!

And...eventhough i cannceled the appointments in august (as i felt i just needed to heal more before more surgery...it was just a lot to take i felt tired for 2 weeks...) I want to go back to do
bumm (i have a sagging hanging fat bumm)
inner thighs (inside, front a bit and back a bit)- probably 2 areas.
knees inside area.

The area is largely dependent on the size of the area as he uses a certain amount of lidocaine and this makes his areas quite small.
The scarrs heal nicely btw you hardly see them.They use a large amount of liquid, every time there was about 2,5 liters of fluid in the bowl. I did feel like i entered a "pre WOII eastern european'clinic (in eastern europe you can still find the old clinics that had no alterations whatsoever) where the bowl is glass, and they even used a glass siringe once to give the the sedative... But old material does not mean bad, as it is usually very good quality, it just looks oldfashioned.
I did feel uncomfortable at times as i am there naked on my knees and hands...whith my behind to them and the girls -who i do find very friendly- giggled...(gosh a white vagina must look very different...)
Nara did say i HAD to wear a girdle for 2 months, so i don't understand why anybody would think he is against girdles. And even between surgerys i was so happy to have my zippered girdle, otherwise i would have been scared to go outside, if the skin is that loose...It was my bandaid all the way up to now.
Nara was reluctant to do the 4th area the back brarolls...as he said there would not be much difference...i said it was a very visible area and it would matter to me, and he finally agreed. I was just very decisive...I did ask him upfront if he was actually saying he did not wanted to do the procedure...and this sort of persuaded him as i said i did want it done.

I am happy i did it - the back brarolls- as it is an area i would maybe not come back for...but the bumm i will target once...and to look younger (i am 39) it is rather inportant to be slim on the top of your body.

if you have any question (i am not posting any pictures) please let me know.
suuz

tweetyger1983

Re: lipo

Post by tweetyger1983 » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 7:00 pm

hey tomoyo,

i had done my vaser on my arm before, result only so so only and it really painful...can share wif me your expereince wif dr nara you did tummy how is the pain and downtime any saggy skin and post op treatment require for you ..

thank you ....

tomoya wrote:hi i just did lipo with dr nara too. i did 4 area-arm, tummy, hip & outer thigh. initally i wanted to do my back but he said not much fat to suck out so nv do. i did thigh b4 in Singapore so was surprise & happy he willing to do it 4 me :D
the lipo done with nara was totally bearable for my case i was able to go shopping straight after the lipo and after that went back hotel to rest. the pain was like aching pain. previously done in Singapore, the pain was worse considering it to be vaser. not only expensive but more pain too. the result was not tt good as well.
am happy with my outter thigh now more define can see the shape :D

looier

Post by looier » Sat, 25 Apr 2009 8:19 pm

curiousdreaming wrote:
goodearth100 wrote:
Both old and new incisions lie side by side each other. those new ones are so much smaller and are fading away without forming keloids although they are only a few months old. But those old one are much longer, dark in colour and raised.

so if you are thinking of getting a traditional lipo with GA, please reconsider. Fat removal really shouldnt be painful.
thanks for the input!
I'm arranging for inner thighs+tummy lipo with Nara over 2 days.
I get keloid scars pretty easily and that's my major concern. Nara's nurse mentioned that the scars will be small and hidden in body creases.

@ goodearth: where are your scars? did you do a tummy lipo or...?

@ all forummers: others who have done tumescent lipo on the tummy/thigh areas - how are your scars doing? where ARE they "hidden"?

(PS: Dr Nara uses local anesthesia not GA; his technique is tumescent and as others have pointed out - "traditional" lipo is banned everywhere now.)

Body creases?? No creases in my tummy area. I guess if you have a lot of hanging skin you may have creases.
My scars are on both side of pubic area a little higher. One is hardly visible, just little brown spot, the other one didn't heal so wel. Wound opened up after removing stiches. Now like mark of cigaretburn.
And one more scar inside of bellybutton, not visible.
Results is so so, wouldn't do it again. Still protruding belly and after lipo looks a bit bumpy, like sixpack, but not really lol. Had different expectations, thought tummy would be flat, but it's not.
But then I'm male, diff. for women, they have more subskin fat.

As for bruising or pain, it's not too bad, very well bearable. Had twilight sedation, was asleep all the time. Afterwards no pain, just bruising.
Compression garment is a drag though, had to wear it 3 weeks non stop. I hated it, like trapped in a coccoon.

Good luck and good healing.

backwardscarousel

Post by backwardscarousel » Sun, 26 Apr 2009 1:00 am

- - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by backwardscarousel on Thu, 16 Jul 2009 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tweetyger1983

Post by tweetyger1983 » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 12:35 am

hi cindy,

glad that you are recovering btw how many days you stay there...so how the result now i plan to do lipo 3-4 area. but really scare of the pain and swell part ....so your movement ok since you had done tummy and love handle how may liter of fat being suck out....
cpawl wrote:Hi I did not have any leakage from the four incision but I do have 4 or 5 stitches in each incision that need to come out in 7 days. I will have to find a doc in Bangkok to take them out.I think im healing well. No infection or pain near the incisions. I am finding that I need a nap in the after noon as Im very tied could be just jet lag or its my body trying to heal.

You can ask all the questions you like, I know how scary it is to make and do PS.

Cindy

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 8:35 am

Brenton wrote:Dun need la...i met my friend, he commented that i look the same from side view....so i guess not much difference.....Aadvark said the same thing also.....

So maybe it's so similar to my old nose that i am comfy with it...lol
dunno if it's a good thing...of cos hoping the tip will go down somemore..
Guess u oredi have a rather high bridge so not much diff after the ops, if nara will to make it higher it'll look fake.

How are your eyes now? When will u be posting some pic leh? :D

My appt date is still longway, every now and then got mixed feeling. Paying very much attention on every guy's eyes and nose till my colleague thought I have a fetish for guy now. :lol:

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 10:21 am

kensan wrote: Guess u oredi have a rather high bridge so not much diff after the ops, if nara will to make it higher it'll look fake.

My appt date is still longway, every now and then got mixed feeling. Paying very much attention on every guy's eyes and nose till my colleague thought I have a fetish for guy now. :lol:
my fren say my eyes will take 2 months to deswell going by my rate....

hahah i think the worst part of ps is not the surgery or the waiting....

For me, it's the controlling of diet...i am such a glutton and there are so many things i can't eat now!!

Hmm you still have a lot of time to reconsider.
Stop looking at guys la.....hahahha wait your wife sad sia

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:07 am

Brenton wrote:
kensan wrote: Guess u oredi have a rather high bridge so not much diff after the ops, if nara will to make it higher it'll look fake.

my fren say my eyes will take 2 months to deswell going by my rate....

hahah i think the worst part of ps is not the surgery or the waiting....

For me, it's the controlling of diet...i am such a glutton and there are so many things i can't eat now!!

Hmm you still have a lot of time to reconsider.
Stop looking at guys la.....hahahha wait your wife sad sia
Oh no, I can't live another day without beer :o

ashley87

Post by ashley87 » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 11:32 am

Hi everyone, i am new here... Would love to go to Dr nara for a rhino tis mid june:) Any one going? can i tag along?

curiousdreaming

Post by curiousdreaming » Mon, 27 Apr 2009 2:53 pm

looier wrote:
Body creases?? No creases in my tummy area. I guess if you have a lot of hanging skin you may have creases.
My scars are on both side of pubic area a little higher. One is hardly visible, just little brown spot, the other one didn't heal so wel. Wound opened up after removing stiches. Now like mark of cigaretburn.
And one more scar inside of bellybutton, not visible.
Results is so so, wouldn't do it again. Still protruding belly and after lipo looks a bit bumpy, like sixpack, but not really lol. Had different expectations, thought tummy would be flat, but it's not.
But then I'm male, diff. for women, they have more subskin fat.

As for bruising or pain, it's not too bad, very well bearable. Had twilight sedation, was asleep all the time. Afterwards no pain, just bruising.
Compression garment is a drag though, had to wear it 3 weeks non stop. I hated it, like trapped in a coccoon.

Good luck and good healing.
3 weeks...! greahhhh. can you shower normally and do the stitches have to be kept dry?

btw, did you fast before your lipo? mine's on an afternoon, so wondering when I should stop eating.

thanks!