Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
candy79

Post by candy79 » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 3:20 pm

Hi guys, regarding yoskarn clinic in bangkok. How do you guys usually get there and how much would it cost for travel alone from singapore? The clinic has advised me to stay at the aproditeinn after the treatment. Any advise very much appreciated. thank you.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 6:53 pm

mbk wrote:I askd to see jaw implant pics but they didnt have any to show. they told me most patients dont want their pics there...but I did get to see lots of rhinos.

What did tokai say about your implants being large? I still have a feeling that it could be swelling
hmmm, i rather think that not many people do jaw implants in thailand. Look at the thai people in general, they mostly have very defined face shapes.

it's 3 mths le, the shape more or less has not changed for the past mth. dun think it's swelling, or if there still is, cannot be much. But face looks like at least 10 cm wider than b4 the op
Last edited by aadvark on Sat, 07 Jun 2008 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

wteng

Post by wteng » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:00 pm

candy79 wrote:Hi guys, regarding yoskarn clinic in bangkok. How do you guys usually get there and how much would it cost for travel alone from singapore? The clinic has advised me to stay at the aproditeinn after the treatment. Any advise very much appreciated. thank you.
My air ticket cost 300 incl taxes for swiss air. I stayed at a guesthouse so it was very cheap. U can actually show the taxi driver the map for yoskarn clinic which is written in thai for better understanding. However, do be wary of the taxi drivers as they tend to bully girls into paying more despite using meter, some actually wanted more than what was in the meter. Do ask me anymore qns if u need.

wteng

Post by wteng » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:05 pm

wteng wrote:
candy79 wrote:Hi guys, regarding yoskarn clinic in bangkok. How do you guys usually get there and how much would it cost for travel alone from singapore? The clinic has advised me to stay at the aproditeinn after the treatment. Any advise very much appreciated. thank you.
My air ticket to and fro cost 300 incl taxes for swiss air. I stayed at a guesthouse so it was very cheap. U can actually show the taxi driver the map for yoskarn clinic which is written in thai for better understanding. However, do be wary of the taxi drivers as they tend to bully girls into paying more despite using meter, some actually wanted more than what was in the meter. Do ask me anymore qns if u need.
Btw, personally, i felt that their inn is a little too expensive, If your procedure isnt very major where u require close supervision from nurses, then i suggest u stay somewhere closer to the shopping areas if u plan to shop, if i am nt wrong, they quoted me 70 us per night,. The inn is pretty small from what i observed when i went to the clinic, it was beside the clinic.

candy79

Post by candy79 » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:20 pm

Are u singaporean? Shouldnt budget airlines like tiger airways be cheaper? I have one big question though, I emailed yoskarn abt the laser procedure and they told me to inform them just 1 week b4 hand b4 coming down and I would have it done by Professor Kunachak too whom i requested for. I thought it would take months to book an appointment like this especially since prof kunachak is quite reowned. Is it possible that when i come down, they wld either rush through the procedure or get some random doctor/nurse to do the laser instead? Thank you for the help so far wteng, I need to be 101% sure before taking the jump.

toshiboi

Post by toshiboi » Fri, 06 Jun 2008 11:44 pm

I tried emailing Dr nara but there was no reply from him.. Can anyone help?

Hi, aadvark, Is it possible to add me to your msn? I've some questions. Hope you're able to clear my doubt. Thanks

My msn is [email protected]

wteng

Post by wteng » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 12:21 am

candy79 wrote:Are u singaporean? Shouldnt budget airlines like tiger airways be cheaper? I have one big question though, I emailed yoskarn abt the laser procedure and they told me to inform them just 1 week b4 hand b4 coming down and I would have it done by Professor Kunachak too whom i requested for. I thought it would take months to book an appointment like this especially since prof kunachak is quite reowned. Is it possible that when i come down, they wld either rush through the procedure or get some random doctor/nurse to do the laser instead? Thank you for the help so far wteng, I need to be 101% sure before taking the jump.
Yes, i am singaporean. I think that time was the promo period, i went during the vesak period. That time was a very hot season and most tickets were going at $360 but funny thing, i managed to call another agency which quoted me 300 for the flight which was cheap even if compared to budget airlines but no changes to the arrival and departure can be made. So when my flight was confirmed, i told yoskarn the date which i wanted for consultation. Btw, the prices do nt include accomodation. I would say he should do a good job as he looks very professional but the reason why i did nt choose him was because i felt with the fees i was paying for the nose job could allow me to have 2 procedures done with another surgeon, in addition, he was more inclined to creating almost natural features. My guess as to why u can have it done soon is because he isnt that busy or maybe most pple choose to do with hospitals in bangkok like yanhee, I was like the only one waiting for the consultation till one hr later then 2 more pple came. I cant really advice u on laser thou. I would say, go to 2 or 3 places for more opinions then narrow down from there. There are quite a few websites on other clinics offering the same service that u are interested in, so u can also have a better idea. In addition, when u reach the airport in bangkok, do take a map/guide which are placed near the limousine counters, it would allow better navigation and idea of where u are at. Language was a huge communication barrier for me, so be prepared to feel frustrated. haha. So this is where the map comes in handy. Btw, the nurses at yoskarn speak and understand english so no worries on that.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 8:16 am

toshiboi wrote:I tried emailing Dr nara but there was no reply from him.. Can anyone help?

Hi, aadvark, Is it possible to add me to your msn? I've some questions. Hope you're able to clear my doubt. Thanks

My msn is [email protected]
have added u :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: buccal fat removal

Post by aadvark » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 8:18 am

jewelbox7 wrote:Hi aadvark,

You did buccal fat removal at Tokkai right? How long did your cheeks swell up for? Is there bruising or anything very gruesome? How much did Dr charge you? Do you have to wear a compression garment of some sort?

Really appreciate your feedback. Thanks in advance!! :)
hard to say, cos i did with jaw implants, so cannot determine which caused more swelling. tokai charged me 40k for buccal fat pad removal and jaw implants, so more of a package price, think it's 20k baht for buccal alone.

candy79

Post by candy79 » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 11:01 am

Hi wteng,
Thank you sooo much. You've been such a tremendous help. :)
I am not too concerned about the price differences because the laser is much cheaper compared to ps. In fact, my air ticket would cost more. I have never booked my own flight tickets b4, when u say agency are u referring to companies like chan brother travels? Do u tink its ok that I take the morning flight to bangkok and the night flight home on the same day? Cause the laser redness would stay for 7-10 days anyway from past experience and there's no point incurring additional costs by staying at their inn. Also, it seems they charge me lesser if i pay in baht, I must bring cold hard cash there?? Cant pay by master or visa? Last qn, how long and how much roughly shld i pay for the taxi from bangkok airport to the yoskarn clinic?

wteng

Post by wteng » Sat, 07 Jun 2008 1:08 pm

candy79 wrote:Hi wteng,
Thank you sooo much. You've been such a tremendous help. :)
I am not too concerned about the price differences because the laser is much cheaper compared to ps. In fact, my air ticket would cost more. I have never booked my own flight tickets b4, when u say agency are u referring to companies like chan brother travels? Do u tink its ok that I take the morning flight to bangkok and the night flight home on the same day? Cause the laser redness would stay for 7-10 days anyway from past experience and there's no point incurring additional costs by staying at their inn. Also, it seems they charge me lesser if i pay in baht, I must bring cold hard cash there?? Cant pay by master or visa? Last qn, how long and how much roughly shld i pay for the taxi from bangkok airport to the yoskarn clinic?

I think its better u bring cash or change at the bangkok airport, i am nt sure abt the credit cards. I suggest u stay there for at least for night to ensure that there are no complications. I called the travel agency frm the classifieds, nt sure which one thou but it is located at lucky plaza. What my cousin did was she went there ( lucky plaza agency) to pay and they issued a receipt and when we went to the airport, we showed them the receipt and they gave us the plane tickets. I am also unsure how much it costs frm the airport to yoskarn as i took a cab from the guesthouse to yoskarn so its hard for me to give u an estimated amt. Just a word of caution, always remember to ask the driver if u are taking from the airport to use meter, some may refuse and u have to get another cab. By meter, it really runs very slowly, def much cheaper than singapore.

aliciagloria
Regular
Regular

Post by aliciagloria » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 12:40 am

Hi All,
I jux came back from bangkok...did Otoplasty with PAI. My ears have 8 small stitches on each side! I need to remove it at a local doctor this friday...anyone can recommend me which doc should I go to? and how much do I have to pay for removal of stitches? and do u think the doc can gimme MC for that day? hee. thanks a lot!

keiko

Post by keiko » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 1:39 am

Hi vegas, jewelbox7 & qwertyuiop,

I would like to do rhinoplasty at Dr Nara in June, probably next week or so. Maybe we can go together?

Anyone who's interested, please contact me:
[email protected]

thanks!! ^^

mbk
Regular
Regular

Post by mbk » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 7:31 am

There is a money exchange place just on the same street, same side right close by to yoskarn clinic and they offer really good rates. The airport rates are not very good so don't change too much there. Go for the meter taxi queue and don't take taxis randomly from the airport as they will cheat you.

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Sun, 08 Jun 2008 8:17 am

keiko wrote:Hi vegas, jewelbox7 & qwertyuiop,

I would like to do rhinoplasty at Dr Nara in June, probably next week or so. Maybe we can go together?

Anyone who's interested, please contact me:
[email protected]

thanks!! ^^
i have a fren who's been to nara b4 and she's looking for ppl to go with again, anyone interested? i will hook you up with her, wld be good to go with someone who's been there b4 :)