Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
krispy

Post by krispy » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 4:51 pm

aadvark wrote:Think if wanna do PS in thailand during this period, Hatyai is safer choice than BKK.

Protestors have brought the fight to the tourist areas, no longer restricting it to the parliament area, doesn't sound safe anymore... what if get hit by a stray bullet? would be one of the stupidest ways to die...

2 years back, i went during emergency period, but the protestors mainly gathered at parliament area, I din feel it at all at shopping malls etc, but this round sounds much scarier...
OMG that sound scary, I wanted to fly from Hat Yai to Bangkok, do you know if protesters will take over the airport? I heard they took over the tv station or sumthin like that becuz government dont want the world to see what is really going on. If you are there plz update us with what is going on I rather be confronted with the truth so i know what to expect. cant imagine going to thailand for cosmetic surgery than end up in the hospital fighting for my life becuz of some mess in thailand :???:

krispy

Post by krispy » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 5:09 pm

plain jane wrote:Address:
Phi Beauty Clinic
109 Suphasarnrangsan Rd - Clinic is in the opposite row of Singapore Hotel
Map Link: http://www.phil.uk.net/hatyai/map.html

TukTuk from Lee Garden Plaza Hotel is about 5mins.
Walking Distance is about 10 to 15mins.

jess89 wrote:Not tt close. i do not have the address. but its near kim yong market. I had my teeth filled. one for 500baht. which is like 20 sgd!!! i had 3 filled. LOL. The dentist tt i went to is opposite dr puttisak's clinic.
krispy wrote: Hi am glad to hear your surgery went well. What is the address? Is it close to Dr. Nara's office? did u end up going to the dentist? is so do u have info on that? am thinking of getting my teeth clean as well when am in hat yai.

Thank you plain jane & jess89 u gals been real helpful. Just wondering how ur both doing? do u like the result? was it worth the trip? will you return to hat yai for more? u dont have to answer all my questions I would appreciate it though. I was curious about another thing, how were u able to get surgery right away? did u make an appointment? is the doctor not busy? i trust ur judgment & feedbacks about your experience at Phi Beauty clinic.. i hope u can share more :)

jess89

Post by jess89 » Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:28 pm

Just wondering how ur both doing?
My swelling have subsided ALOT. my swelling was really bad for the first 4 days but its partly due to me not abstaining from alcohol pre surgery. i even need to have aspirin(which is not allowed) few days before the surgery due to massive hang over. LOL.

do u like the result? was it worth the trip?
Well, i love it. I do have my doubts during the peak swelling period, cos i look rlly hideous. my brothers told me i look like the character from avatar. LOL. but oh well, I think its rlly worth it.

will you return to hat yai for more?
Maybe not this year. Next yr maybe? for the 1cm double eyelid.

how were u able to get surgery right away? did u make an appointment? is the doctor not busy?
For dr nara, its best that u make an appointment first as he is rlllly busy and his clinic is always packed. My surgeon(dr chi) is still pretty new,(1 yr experience) thus his clinic is not tt well known yet. So anyway, i had a walk in consultation with dr chi at ard 11am and booked the appointment at 1pm on the day. But i will suggest u to nto rush into the surgery, just do the consultation and see if u r comfortable with the surgeon and the environment first and if all is good, then do it.

I hope it helps u=))

schnauzie

need advice on liposuction

Post by schnauzie » Fri, 16 Apr 2010 2:06 am

Hi all,

i have been reading this thread and realised that Dr Nara is very well liked by most ppl here. i have emailed Dr nara but no reply till date. I hope you can share with me on the downtime doing lipo with dr nara.

My intended areas is front thighs and arms

1) for thighs, how painful did you feel after doing it? Was it bearable or painful like knife cutting through it?
2) can you walk on your own on the 3rd day onwards?
3) For arms, did dr nara do the entire arm (meaning front back side) or only selected areas?
4) Is there any other dr in the same area besides Dr nara to recommend? A doc who is also good in lipo but doesnt have to wait for so long. Of course i am ok if its slightly more expensive than dr nara's rates.

Please help me if anyone of you is kind enough to advice or share your experiences with me.
thanks alot@@!!

plain jane

Re: need advice on liposuction

Post by plain jane » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 12:40 am

Just to share my expirence in Hatyai.

Both Jess89 and myself came back from Hatyai on Tuesday. During this period is the Songkran Festival which is “Thai”

kensan
Chatter
Chatter

Post by kensan » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:05 am

_niNg`- wrote:It's been 7 months since my rhino and double eyelid surgery with Dr Puttisak.

My bridge is slanted to the right and my right eyelid is slightly thicker than the left eyelid :(

Any advice?
I did my double eyelids with Dr Nara, its now into the 10th month. Well, my left is slightly thicker than the right. But its get slimmer and catching up with the right as time passed. Be patience, eyelids surgery may require a full year before reaches the final shape.

reikiTagakano

Post by reikiTagakano » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 11:07 am

Veriza wrote:
reikiTagakano wrote:Could I have your slots on the 29th April?

reikiTagakano wrote:
I had rhino redux two days ago.

One side of my nose- the nostril on one side is OK, the other side has a sharp hitch in it- right in the middle = like it's being pulled up by a string.
It is horrible, and makes the nostril hem very droopy - like L shaped, backwards.
It can
t be swelling as it's crooked- it looks lie my nostril is hanging down, where is joins the face.

The rest is OK, but he ( Dr Pat_ said halfway through surgery it started swelling so much he couldn't tell if all the bump was taken off- it looks like there is still a bump, I kno it's swollen, but you can feel where bone is, and it honestly feels more or less like the same nose.
Im just bummed right now.
I came all this way from USA and wanted this so badly, now I'll have to re-do the rasping part ( to remove what hump is left) when the swelling has gone down, and my second appointment is tomorrow which will be 3 days post op.
I don't know what he can do about the nostril.
From the front is looks like I am flaring one nostril upwards.
It doesn't look good.
I waited so long for this. I can't bear that it will be bad.

Please give me any advice in talking to him.
I have to go back in 17 days. Next week have to go to Penang, and back to BKK for three days- he could do the revision then.
I don't mind if he wanted to do the revision( for the hump) tomorrow but I think he'll say not until swelling is down.

I HAD booked Dr Nara for the 29th April, but I won't be doing that- he doesn't do reductions rhino, so someone here may get my appointment- 29th April, they need to call you 22nd April.

I'm so unhappy with the whole thing right now.

Nice....

Hi:)

Could I have your slots on the 29th April? I really need it urgently. Tried sending an email to Nara whether they can slot me in but no reply from them :(. I will be going for my international competition in May and really need to get myself done by then. Please help.

Is there anyone else who can spare me your April appointment slot? I will be really grateful.

Please email me at [email protected]

Thank you.
I think someone else asked and I said yes, but to be honest I don't know if it works that way.
All I can say is....someone will be lucky on april 22nd, when they call me and I can't confirm.
I am not in my home country, so I can't even take that call.
I could call them myself, and suggest the most deserving person, so I will do that if somebody gives me reason other than,
"I need this", hope that's ok

krispy

Post by krispy » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 3:00 pm

[quote="plain jane"]Just to share my expirence in Hatyai.

Both Jess89 and myself came back from Hatyai on Tuesday. During this period is the Songkran Festival which is “Thai”

Honeywords

Post by Honeywords » Sat, 17 Apr 2010 3:25 pm

Krispy, when are your appointments? I'm going in july too.

[quote="krispy"][quote="plain jane"]Just to share my expirence in Hatyai.

reikiTagakano

Post by reikiTagakano » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 7:04 am

jess89 wrote:Decided to to do a review now since im wide awake with nothing to dol hehe. Alrte back from hatyai! Intended to do only dental work, but ended up doing rhinoplasty and alarplasty as well. did it with neither dr nara nor dr puttisak. I did it with this doc called dr chi. Dr nara called and said tt he is able to slot us in after i've agreed with Dr chi. So oh well, i went ahead with dr chi. And not a bad job afterall! Despite being nt as fluent in english and only 1 yr experienced, i will say that he is pretty detailed about his consultation and i also bombarded him with numerous phone post op calls after i got all bruised and swollen the next few days. HAHAH paranoid!

Consulted dr Nara too and all i can say is he is really against those plastic surgeon that do p.s without having p.s board certified.(Hint not only dr put, quite a few other doc do that). Dr Nara and Dr Chi both showed us the the inplant they took it out from those doc. Ironically enough all the doc w/o p.s board certified uses badly carved i-inplant, which tend to shift after a while cos its not carved deep enough to allow it to rest on the "nose". Dr chi and dr nara both are certified under board of general surgery and plastic surgery.

Dr chi clinic is 3 levels. And his operating theater is at the 3rd level, consulation at first level. His clinic is relatively clean and stitching are neat as well. He does 1cm(korean style) double eyelid, wanted to do tt as well but was told to wait as nose augmentation can really beautify the whole face alrdy. So well, i followed the doc's advice!He drove me back to the hotel and had his nurse send me back to my room after surgery( talk about good service!). He said that its not safe to travel under sedation even if it meant a few blocks away. Thumbs up for the thoughtfulness! HAHA i tried to ask him if theres discount if i help him advertise. He say that the result is the best advertisement! Direct, straight forward, i like!

Lee Garden Plaza hotel review. I think its not so bad afterall. in fact its pretty good. Room is clean and toilet is spacious, we requested ALOT of mineral water to the extend that the staff handed us 3/4 carton at a go. HAHAH. Breakfast is decent, but dont expect american breakfast or omelet station.

I hope all these information helps! My nose is swollen to the maximum despite taking sineech and i was really depressed on the first day as its REALLy swollen for the next 3 days. Realized that it was due to alcohol intake the few days before i had the surgery. ALCOHOL, BIG MISTAKE. I will post pic when the swelling and bruises goes down. the swelling have subsided a little and i guess i will have to wait for at least a week to at least see the shape of the new nose.

>>To aadvark:
Maybe u will help me add dr chai contact and detail in as well, Pleaseee=))

Phi Beauty Clinic
Dr Chirayut
[email protected]
Contact:074-350355, 0876-88-1999, 0876-88-2999, 0876-88-3999
(His staff aint tt good with english, so maybe u can either request to speak to dr chi directly or email him directly)
Prices: Rhinoplasty- 8000baht
Alarplasty- 3000baht
Double eyelid- 8000 baht
He does Lipo, lipo filling, chin and breast augmentation as well! But im not too sure of the prices thou=)

HAHA!!! Omelette station OMg, that is SO funny, I think of all the people who will refuse this hotel, by turning up their noses, saying, "Ooh no, no omelette station, I'm not interested".

reikiTagakano

Post by reikiTagakano » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 7:11 am

krispy wrote:
aadvark wrote:Think if wanna do PS in thailand during this period, Hatyai is safer choice than BKK.

Protestors have brought the fight to the tourist areas, no longer restricting it to the parliament area, doesn't sound safe anymore... what if get hit by a stray bullet? would be one of the stupidest ways to die...

2 years back, i went during emergency period, but the protestors mainly gathered at parliament area, I din feel it at all at shopping malls etc, but this round sounds much scarier...
OMG that sound scary, I wanted to fly from Hat Yai to Bangkok, do you know if protesters will take over the airport? I heard they took over the tv station or sumthin like that becuz government dont want the world to see what is really going on. If you are there plz update us with what is going on I rather be confronted with the truth so i know what to expect. cant imagine going to thailand for cosmetic surgery than end up in the hospital fighting for my life becuz of some mess in thailand :???:
I am in Bangkok right now, and have been for last ten days, during the supposed"worst" time of the protests.
I have never felt any threat, I can't see or hear any riots, I have never felt safer. There is no threat or danger at all.
Apart from the horrible traffic, as usual, which will affect your sanity!
I do not mean to discredit anyone's opinion, simply that I am speaking FROM Bangko itself, and the place couldn't be quieter ( quiet in Bangkok terms, that is).
There is no threat at all- Hat Yai you could argue they have terrorists down there, I wouldn't think twice about going there either, in face have an appt booked 29th April with Nara which I will have to give up - for other reasons.
Don't let the news fool you- this place is happy after Songkran.
Thank you to Aardvark for commenting on my post, I didn't mean to deny your opinions!

clarice1988

Help Needed

Post by clarice1988 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:10 am

Hi All,

I read that most of you have experiences with the nose surgery in thailand and would really appreciate if you could please advise me on my problems..

I have been thinking of getting my nose done all my life and now that I am 22 and earning money, i would really hope to get this over with, so that I can be a much happier person everyday i wake up.

I just had some fillers on my nose bridge done on 31st march 2010, and was wondering if this would actually affect the procedure?

Also, I saw the pictures on Dr Nara's website and most of his patients are going for like nose refinement ( higher nose bridge etc). I didn't see any pictures that show the reduction of the nose - my main problem now. May I understand if he does nose reduction or any other surgeons that will be able to help me (i saw posts on Dr Chi as well)

In addition, may I understand for most of you who underwent to procedure, does your parents/boyfriend/friends know about it cause people around me are more traditional and skeptical about this.

last but not least, may i know if anyone here would like to go together and get this done? i think it could be fun and also, there's someone to be consoling you during your shittiest ( terrible swelling) time...

thanks sooo much in advance :D

clarice1988

Re: rhinoplasty with dr putt

Post by clarice1988 » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 11:17 am

cherrybomb wrote:Thinking of going to Dr putt in Early Aug before national day for rhinoplasty.

Anyone interested to go along to share accomodation and for companion sake also can look after each other while at a foreign land, perhaps shop too! haha.

going by plane.

anyone???

HI CHERRYBOMB!!

May I know if you have gone for the surgery or book for your appointments?? I was thinking of going to get my nose done...posted a thread about nose reduction but I am not sure of which doc can do it??:( will be more than glad to go with you if you are still short of a companion!!:D

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: Help Needed

Post by aadvark » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 1:31 pm

clarice1988 wrote:Hi All,

I read that most of you have experiences with the nose surgery in thailand and would really appreciate if you could please advise me on my problems..

I have been thinking of getting my nose done all my life and now that I am 22 and earning money, i would really hope to get this over with, so that I can be a much happier person everyday i wake up.

I just had some fillers on my nose bridge done on 31st march 2010, and was wondering if this would actually affect the procedure?

Also, I saw the pictures on Dr Nara's website and most of his patients are going for like nose refinement ( higher nose bridge etc). I didn't see any pictures that show the reduction of the nose - my main problem now. May I understand if he does nose reduction or any other surgeons that will be able to help me (i saw posts on Dr Chi as well)

In addition, may I understand for most of you who underwent to procedure, does your parents/boyfriend/friends know about it cause people around me are more traditional and skeptical about this.

last but not least, may i know if anyone here would like to go together and get this done? i think it could be fun and also, there's someone to be consoling you during your shittiest ( terrible swelling) time...

thanks sooo much in advance :D
permanent fillers? yes, it wld affect the op if it's temporary fillers, better let it all reabsorb first, otherwise it will be hard for the doc to gauge the height and size of the implant etc
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

krispy

Post by krispy » Sun, 18 Apr 2010 3:45 pm

I will be there for the whole month of July, my appt is July 29 but am ask to be put on the waiting list or ask dr nara to squeeze me in. If not I will go to Dr Chi get a consultation about other things. Dr nara is suppose to perform lipo on me. I pray somebody will cancelled early July. When is your appt? If u need companion give me your email. When am in Hat yai I'll have a thail number, maybe i'll even post it on here in case somebody is bored and want to meet up for lunch or something :)

[quote="Honeywords"]Krispy, when are your appointments? I'm going in july too.

[quote="krispy"][quote="plain jane"]Just to share my expirence in Hatyai.