Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
MeganMilan

Post by MeganMilan » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:12 pm

Hi, I am new here and new to PS. I would like to have some serious advices from the seniors. Had few questions in my mind.

1 ) I personally smoke alot, If i wanted to do rhino & alar, will it affect my nose to cause infections? Anything or any way to prevent?

2 ) How do you clean up your nose after doing rhino/alar ? What is the best way other than using finger?

3 ) Do you have to go for check ups before undergoing any kinds of PS?

4 ) What is the important point / steps to do after the surgeries?

PM's & reply are much appreciated.

heloise

Post by heloise » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:19 pm

aadvark wrote:
koleicai wrote:Hi Everyone, i m plaining to do rhino but not sure to go yanhee or dr nara. And heard some of my fren saying dr nara is a clinic, Is it clean over there and the surgrey knife clean anot? Need your advise. Thank you :lol:
why would anyone assume the clinic is not clean but the hospital is? if the people are sloppy, i guarantee the hospital would be dirty too...

well, since dr nara and his nurses dun answer in this forum, no one will be able to tell u in detail how clean nara's clinic is, but many of us have gone and came back alive :)
not only came back alive but is waiting to go have more PS done by him....and would recommend frens who are keen to have PS done.... :P

babyruby86

Post by babyruby86 » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:56 pm

MeganMilan wrote:Hi, I am new here and new to PS. I would like to have some serious advices from the seniors. Had few questions in my mind.

1 ) I personally smoke alot, If i wanted to do rhino & alar, will it affect my nose to cause infections? Anything or any way to prevent?

2 ) How do you clean up your nose after doing rhino/alar ? What is the best way other than using finger?

3 ) Do you have to go for check ups before undergoing any kinds of PS?

4 ) What is the important point / steps to do after the surgeries?

PM's & reply are much appreciated.
use cotton buds to clean?

koleicai

Post by koleicai » Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:07 pm

heloise wrote:
aadvark wrote:
koleicai wrote:Hi Everyone, i m plaining to do rhino but not sure to go yanhee or dr nara. And heard some of my fren saying dr nara is a clinic, Is it clean over there and the surgrey knife clean anot? Need your advise. Thank you :lol:
why would anyone assume the clinic is not clean but the hospital is? if the people are sloppy, i guarantee the hospital would be dirty too...

well, since dr nara and his nurses dun answer in this forum, no one will be able to tell u in detail how clean nara's clinic is, but many of us have gone and came back alive :)
not only came back alive but is waiting to go have more PS done by him....and would recommend frens who are keen to have PS done.... :P
True.. thank you for the advise..i m now more confident and sure to go Dr Nara. i m going with a fren but my friend say there wont be plane going there anymore. Do i had to change bus to there? Or do anyone knows any air way go over??

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 1:11 am

Anyone going later this year? plan to go in july or Aug.....

Even though i am tempted to go in march...

looking for people to go with...

I am a guy here, would be good to have another guy go together since we can share a room and save on accommodation.

Girls are welcomed too if you dun mind.
Don't worry i am a gentleman, plus we will all be too sore to do anything..
lol

hownowhownow

Post by hownowhownow » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 1:39 am

Brenton wrote:Anyone going later this year? plan to go in july or Aug.....

I am a guy here, would be good to have another guy go together since we can share a room and save on accommodation.

lol
Hey Brenton,

just nice. I was abt to ask for kahkis..I'm planning 26th and 27th August..what dates are ya looking at btw? will be doing lipo in 2 areas..most prob flying from bkk to hatyai on airasia..

hope more people can join so we can take care of each other as well! :)

btw, i'm a guy too.

lane

Post by lane » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 2:51 am

A'h.
thank you cersepn and aadvark for your views.
i appreciate it.

have yet to receive a reply from Dr Puttisak though.
I'll just have to wait in the meantime.

:)

aadvark wrote:
lane wrote:hello cersepn,

I'm a girl actually.

i have a man's nose?
sigh, i'll hide in one corner and cry.
haaaa.

cersepn wrote: hmm are you a guy? Your tip has pretty ok projection, just that you have a small bridge. I think you will see some good results with an implant + alarplasty to make your nostrils smaller.
i agree with cerspn, u dun have a large tip, so an implant with alarplasty should give u pretty satisfying results :D

prido

Post by prido » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 9:26 am

hownowhownow wrote:
Brenton wrote:Anyone going later this year? plan to go in july or Aug.....

lol
Hey Brenton,

just nice. I was abt to ask for kahkis..I'm planning 26th and 27th August..what dates are ya looking at btw? will be doing lipo in 2 areas..most prob flying from bkk to hatyai on airasia..

hope more people can join so we can take care of each other as well! :)

hi! im planning to go durin july.
have emailed the doctors etc. lookin for more pple to join me too!
august is a little too late for me. i have to go before august.

initially i intend to go during june. anyone keen to go during june would be good too :) do pm me ^^

\\btw im a girl^^
Last edited by prido on Mon, 16 Feb 2009 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 11:31 am

Prido and hownowhownow...

The reason i am tempted to go in march or early this year is because i do not want to look too anormal by the time next cny comes.

And if we were to do it later in the end, there's no way i am gonna attend the next cny...

Still deciding when to go. But i have emailed Nara....he had asked me for a photo of my face which i have yet to give it to him.

Aadvark actually adviced me to get my eyes done at Nara and nose reduction with Dr. Pat....

so i might have to schedule my trip more efficiently.

hmmmm both of you only plan on visiting Nara?

giselle21

Post by giselle21 » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 12:37 pm

Brenton wrote:Prido and hownowhownow...

The reason i am tempted to go in march or early this year is because i do not want to look too anormal by the time next cny comes.

And if we were to do it later in the end, there's no way i am gonna attend the next cny...

Still deciding when to go. But i have emailed Nara....he had asked me for a photo of my face which i have yet to give it to him.

Aadvark actually adviced me to get my eyes done at Nara and nose reduction with Dr. Pat....

so i might have to schedule my trip more efficiently.

hmmmm both of you only plan on visiting Nara?
I'm going during march to nara.

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 2:39 pm

Anyone care to share what crease should a guy get??

tapered? parallel? semilunar? lateral flare?

http://www.drmeronk.com/asian/asian-eyelid-crease.html

heloise

Post by heloise » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 3:00 pm

koleicai wrote:
heloise wrote:
aadvark wrote: why would anyone assume the clinic is not clean but the hospital is? if the people are sloppy, i guarantee the hospital would be dirty too...

True.. thank you for the advise..i m now more confident and sure to go Dr Nara. i m going with a fren but my friend say there wont be plane going there anymore. Do i had to change bus to there? Or do anyone knows any air way go over??
there's no direct flight there now, wat i did was went to bkk and booked domsetic flight by airasia to hatyai...

taxi service from hdy airport to dr nara clinic cost 300 THB and takes abt 20-30mins...

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 4:25 pm

Brenton wrote:Anyone care to share what crease should a guy get??

ok, b4 u get too happy with ur research, u need to narrow down to wat thailand offers, not wat is available in the world :)
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

Brenton
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Brenton » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 4:39 pm

aadvark wrote:
Brenton wrote:Anyone care to share what crease should a guy get??

ok, b4 u get too happy with ur research, u need to narrow down to wat thailand offers, not wat is available in the world :)
Orh..so what does Dr. Nara offers?? Does he offers both cutting and stitching method?
Am doing research so that i wun blur blur go there and let him do anything and not know what's going on....

Pinkyice
Regular
Regular

Post by Pinkyice » Mon, 16 Feb 2009 5:43 pm

I had a nose implant with Dr Puttisak on 14th February.
Took the coach on 13th evening and reached there 14th morning, check into the hotel, washed up and off to his clinic I went.
The coach ride wasn't as bad as I thought it will be (but the return trip was not too comfortable)...met Jocundster on the coach and she's a lovely girl :)
Dr Puttisak is really nice...soft-spoken , gentle and a very patient doctor.
Although I was determined to insist on an alarplasty before I met him, he convinced me to do otherwise.
Good ethics and really appreciate his patient explaining of our queries (consulted him with another guy from this forum)...it's more difficult for him than it is for us as English is not his native language.
Thanks to Glenn (aka dayybreak) for showing me his nose and answering my questions and also thanks to all who shared and contributed to this thread.
I cannot remember much about the surgery as I was under general anesthesia unlike Yanhee when I was under twilight sedation.
Although I was conscious after the surgery, I had no recollection how I made it back to the hotel (nothing, nada, zilch)...luckily my mom is with me or else I may zonked out on the roads or worse get mugged etc.
According to my mom, I wasn't walking straight and was walking like a drunkard.
So I think it's very important that you either rest a few hours in the clinic after the surgery or to have someone looking after you.
For my first nose implant (done in Yanhee), I took sinnech but it made me nauseous so i didn't take it this time but surprisingly I wasn't as "swollen" this time.
I left Hatyai on 15th afternoon and reached Singapore 16th dawn...if I am to go Hatyai next time, I will opt to take a flight back.
My mom is making me wash my eyes with chrysanthemum water as she claims it reduces swelling.
Overall, I am alright now just that my eyes are still swollen (yes eyes, not nose) so i will probably return to work tomorrow or on Wednesday.
But then, I don't really care that people know I have plastic surgery or see my swollen face.
I went shopping after my surgery (after I had a nap back in the hotel) and it didn't bother me that some people were looking at me funny.
Last edited by Pinkyice on Tue, 17 Feb 2009 1:59 am, edited 1 time in total.