Singapore Expats

Plastic surgery in Thailand (Bangkok / Hatyai)

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
tottochan

Post by tottochan » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 4:24 pm

cersepn wrote:Already said mah.. if you like dr nara's work then go to him loh. Just know that if you do only an implant (which is what dr nara and most other thai docs do), the most significant change will be in the bridge. The tip MIGHT become a little bit sharper, but not drastically. So if you're looking for an obvious change both in the bridge AND tip, you have to look into korea/taiwan. Some people are over the moon the moment they get a little bit of bridge and think it's the best nose job ever, but others with higher expectations don't. It really depends on your expectations and what you want.

Anyway, I'll probably do a mega post on rhinoplasty soon in a separate topic to help all the new people around, with all the repeated questions and what not lol.

What's BNH hospital?
Yes I think allthatjazz's nose looks nice :) but I also am aware what works for her or anyone else may not necessary works for me. So I am still 'shopping around' and gathering advices and suggestion.. Please bear with me. :)

I will look forward to your mega post. I am sure it will be very informative and it sure beats trying to look through hundred of pages to scan for information.

BNH Hospital was formerly know as Bangkok Nursing Home.

http://www.bnhhospital.com/

very good hospital with excellent doctors... but is not normally associated with Plastic surgery..

sammyboi

nara job

Post by sammyboi » Sun, 23 Nov 2008 8:56 pm

An advise to people going to NAra,...: U have to insist of doing on wat u wan.... if not .... look too natural n no difference.. might as well dun Do..... kinda Frasturated wif This Dr nara.. no doubt some poeple find that his nose job is gd...Communication is Very important... Insisit on High Bridge ... eg if u wan a real high one...... He is tOO CONSERVERTIVE.... KIDNA FEEL CHEATED $

momoko
Regular
Regular

Post by momoko » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 5:13 pm

heloise wrote: ur nose and nose bridge prone to pimple bumps b4 surgery? cos rather difficult to remove from that area, i've been trying to clear mine b4 my rhino in feb :o
B4 surgery rarely.
especially the nose bridge. i never had bumps in tt area b4.
i was wondering if im allergic to the silicon or wad?
is there such thing?
hhaha i dont know
never too late to change!

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 8:35 pm

tottochan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
cersepn wrote:tottochan: Actually you're pretty gd looking to begin with. Anyway when aadvark said 'no bridge to begin with'.. i don't think he literally meant totally no bridge, although some people with severe case of bad noses have almost no bridge to begin with. aadvark, aren't you too hard on yourself? Your before nose definitely had bridge leh -__- so critical of your old look.

if you like allthatjazz's results, then go to dr nara. No hard feelings, but i'm not all that impressed by her results.
no, really had no bridge, it was a constant joke in my family, they say from the side, my nose juts out from my face like a chicken beak... yes, it's tough growing up :P

but i agree with cerspen, tottochan looks very pretty le. you seem to have bridge liao, tip also not big... in fact, it looks like u already had rhinoplasty b4, haha :D

Hi Cerspen and aadvark....
Thank you for your kind words.. but I do really fancy a nice elegant nose... (I think it was the angle of those candid pictures that made me look like I have a bridge from the side.. )My nose look really flat from the front.. I think its because I have a slightly more deep set eyes than an average Chinese (courtesy of my mum) but I don't have the nose to balance it ! :o so in contrast, the nose looks flat from the front. My make up/stylist friend keeps encouraging me to make it look just a tad longer and higher to balance my upper face... so I look more refine.... (longer? somehow that makes me think of Pinocchio :P )

After quietly hanging out here in this forum for some time.. I am really inspired by the results some of the guys posted on this forum. (nose envy... :o )and reassure by the information everyone has so freely shared

BTW..I have went to Bumrangrad hospital for a consultation before last month.. not for Rhino but for liposuction on the thighs (inner and outer) and buttock areas... The doctor and nurses that I came into contact with are very polite and patient...It will be done under GA (good!) + one night stay in hospital. The doctor said results for those areas are usually very good.

The consultation is free and my doctor gave me a lot of information and even advise me what kind of supplements/medication I should stop taking weeks prior to the surgery. That was certainly very reassuring. The nurse took my HT, WT and blood pressure and created a patient profile for me. It was all done properly.

The place looks good and professional (their main reception looks like a hotel lobby.. and doorman to get cabs for you) and this may sound stupid but it was reassuring to see a Starbucks and Macdonald in their premises.. makes you feel like you are in safe hands... HAHAHAHA

I like the doctor very very much.. He was patient and forthcoming with information. but I don't like the price tag.. esp when I see what Dr. Nara Charges...Bumrungrad charges 84000 Baht !! for the entire procedure( circumferential thighs & buttocks ) includes everything.. plus the one night stay in hospital. So its quite expensive I suppose right ? :-| Sigh.. Bum-mer.

I guess most of us have already strike out Bumrungrad cause its really expensive compared to the rest but just wanted to share what little experience I have in PS ... feel bad la I have no valuable input to contribute into this forum.

Oh oh if any of you are interested my friend did botox in her jaw to make it less square @ BNH hospital. Results are quite good I think.... I know some of you are considering shaving your jawline( sounds damn scary) .. you may want to to botox first to see whether you want to take the plunge.
tottochan:)

who is your plastic surgeon at Bumrungrad?
BREE

tottochan

Post by tottochan » Mon, 24 Nov 2008 9:29 pm

Hi Bree

Dr. Vira Varavej. :)

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Re: nara job

Post by aadvark » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:18 am

sammyboi wrote:An advise to people going to NAra,...: U have to insist of doing on wat u wan.... if not .... look too natural n no difference.. might as well dun Do..... kinda Frasturated wif This Dr nara.. no doubt some poeple find that his nose job is gd...Communication is Very important... Insisit on High Bridge ... eg if u wan a real high one...... He is tOO CONSERVERTIVE.... KIDNA FEEL CHEATED $
lol, at his prices, i think the word cheated is a tad strong. I think from the very start, it was repeated ad naseum that dr nara insists on making it natural.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

aadvark
Manager
Manager

Post by aadvark » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 12:22 am

tottochan wrote:
aadvark wrote:
cersepn wrote:tottochan: Actually you're pretty gd looking to begin with. Anyway when aadvark said 'no bridge to begin with'.. i don't think he literally meant totally no bridge, although some people with severe case of bad noses have almost no bridge to begin with. aadvark, aren't you too hard on yourself? Your before nose definitely had bridge leh -__- so critical of your old look.

if you like allthatjazz's results, then go to dr nara. No hard feelings, but i'm not all that impressed by her results.
no, really had no bridge, it was a constant joke in my family, they say from the side, my nose juts out from my face like a chicken beak... yes, it's tough growing up :P

but i agree with cerspen, tottochan looks very pretty le. you seem to have bridge liao, tip also not big... in fact, it looks like u already had rhinoplasty b4, haha :D

Hi Cerspen and aadvark....
Thank you for your kind words.. but I do really fancy a nice elegant nose... (I think it was the angle of those candid pictures that made me look like I have a bridge from the side.. )My nose look really flat from the front.. I think its because I have a slightly more deep set eyes than an average Chinese (courtesy of my mum) but I don't have the nose to balance it ! :o so in contrast, the nose looks flat from the front. My make up/stylist friend keeps encouraging me to make it look just a tad longer and higher to balance my upper face... so I look more refine.... (longer? somehow that makes me think of Pinocchio :P )

After quietly hanging out here in this forum for some time.. I am really inspired by the results some of the guys posted on this forum. (nose envy... :o )and reassure by the information everyone has so freely shared

BTW..I have went to Bumrangrad hospital for a consultation before last month.. not for Rhino but for liposuction on the thighs (inner and outer) and buttock areas... The doctor and nurses that I came into contact with are very polite and patient...It will be done under GA (good!) + one night stay in hospital. The doctor said results for those areas are usually very good.

The consultation is free and my doctor gave me a lot of information and even advise me what kind of supplements/medication I should stop taking weeks prior to the surgery. That was certainly very reassuring. The nurse took my HT, WT and blood pressure and created a patient profile for me. It was all done properly.

The place looks good and professional (their main reception looks like a hotel lobby.. and doorman to get cabs for you) and this may sound stupid but it was reassuring to see a Starbucks and Macdonald in their premises.. makes you feel like you are in safe hands... HAHAHAHA

I like the doctor very very much.. He was patient and forthcoming with information. but I don't like the price tag.. esp when I see what Dr. Nara Charges...Bumrungrad charges 84000 Baht !! for the entire procedure( circumferential thighs & buttocks ) includes everything.. plus the one night stay in hospital. So its quite expensive I suppose right ? :-| Sigh.. Bum-mer.

I guess most of us have already strike out Bumrungrad cause its really expensive compared to the rest but just wanted to share what little experience I have in PS ... feel bad la I have no valuable input to contribute into this forum.

Oh oh if any of you are interested my friend did botox in her jaw to make it less square @ BNH hospital. Results are quite good I think.... I know some of you are considering shaving your jawline( sounds damn scary) .. you may want to to botox first to see whether you want to take the plunge.
broad faces can be caused by 2 things: bone structure or over developed muscles. Botox works on the muscles, not the bone. So the extent of the effect depends on what is causing the broad face. have to consult with doc first to see if u r a good candidate for jaw botox.
Next: Forehead augmentation, botox, RF

furly angel
Regular
Regular

Post by furly angel » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 3:28 am

Breeoei wrote:furly angel:)

I read about your terrifying experience about the anesthetic wearing off even before the surgery ended really scare the shit out of me. How many have had the same kind of experience ah? Please stand up and be counted. I am now having second thoughts about having my surgery done at tokai:( I am the kind who has very low threshold for pain.

my consultation in on 7th January 2009 and surgery scheduled for the following day.
After I posted it up on forum, i realise many had the same kind of experience, not only at tokai but other clinics as well, do not have second thoughts la, Dr pat is good actually. Aftermath is really painless.
beauty is confidence

furly angel
Regular
Regular

Post by furly angel » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 3:32 am

aadvark wrote:
Breeoei wrote:furly angel:)

I read about your terrifying experience about the anesthetic wearing off even before the surgery ended really scare the shit out of me. How many have had the same kind of experience ah? Please stand up and be counted. I am now having second thoughts about having my surgery done at tokai:( I am the kind who has very low threshold for pain.

my consultation in on 7th January 2009 and surgery scheduled for the following day.
i think that surgeries which use sedation all may face this problem, but if u go under GA, it will require much more preparation, plus an extra certified anesthetist which will increase the cost by a lot.

furly angel meant the sedation wore off, not the anesthetic. if the anesthetic wore off, she should be screaming in pain and wouldn't have been able to endure all the way thru the surgery
Sorry I do not know whether its sedation or anesthetic, not enough knowledge on all this yet. I was feeling so much pain and Dr Pat injected more sedation/ anesthetic and I felt slightly better.

Anyway, u mention that Yanhee does tip? I didnt knew as it was not mentioned in their website. Should have done more research before going.
beauty is confidence

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 7:49 am

tottochan wrote:Hi Bree

Did you have very good feedback from somebody who has undergone surgery by him? There is this head of plastic surgery dept. top surgeon Dr Amorn Poomee, he is very ex..his charges are more than double. My aunty has a mid facelift by him last year...paid almost 200,000 baht.
BREE

tottochan

Post by tottochan » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 6:48 pm

Breeoei wrote:
tottochan wrote:Hi Bree

Did you have very good feedback from somebody who has undergone surgery by him? There is this head of plastic surgery dept. top surgeon Dr Amorn Poomee, he is very ex..his charges are more than double. My aunty has a mid facelift by him last year...paid almost 200,000 baht.
yes.. had heard good things about him.... Dr. Amorn Poomee is another famous one ..

let me know how tokai work out for you okay? :)

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 7:37 pm

At his prices, i would rather go tw/korea, honestly. He quoted me 2.5k-3k sgd for incisional double eyelid. Waaaay crazy. I'm guessing a simple implant rhinoplasty is gonna be easily 4.5-5k. And he only uses silicon. For that price, i could get a full blown rhinoplasty, rib cartilage + tip work done, in tw.
He is said to be highly selective about his patients, that is, if he feels your case is too complicated, he might not agree to work on you.

Breeoei
Regular
Regular

Post by Breeoei » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 9:14 pm

cersepn wrote:At his prices, i would rather go tw/korea, honestly. He quoted me 2.5k-3k sgd for incisional double eyelid. Waaaay crazy. I'm guessing a simple implant rhinoplasty is gonna be easily 4.5-5k. And he only uses silicon. For that price, i could get a full blown rhinoplasty, rib cartilage + tip work done, in tw.
He is said to be highly selective about his patients, that is, if he feels your case is too complicated, he might not agree to work on you.
Who are you referring to?
BREE

cersepn
Chatter
Chatter

Post by cersepn » Tue, 25 Nov 2008 10:36 pm

As above. Dr Poomee. Great and very well qualified surgeon, no doubt. Just that his prices are a tad high

annemarie2225

Post by annemarie2225 » Wed, 26 Nov 2008 5:22 am

has anyone done lasik eye surgery? how much did that cost. is there also a clinic in hat yai?