Singapore Expats

Any American trained dentists out there?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Any American trained dentists out there?

Post by huggybear » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 7:09 am

need help to replace a composite filling.
thx

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by huggybear » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 6:02 pm

Found a good one.
one who isn't out just to try to root canal you like Dr Nah at Raffles Dental at OUB center to get more fees or refer you to another doctor to pay 90 SGD to have a q-tip test and tell you that you need a root canal also. (Q-tip test that i paid 90 SGD for is where they dip a q tip in ice water and test to see which tooth is "sensitive" ... regardless of me telling the dentist which tooth was sensitive.

The good dentist is
Dr Chong Yoke Mun
UE Square #03-20A
6738 8722
thanks for your help everyone!!
Last edited by huggybear on Thu, 12 Jul 2007 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 28 Jun 2007 6:45 pm

Sorry I couldn't help Huggy,

I've only had one tooth removed in the past 40 years and that was 20 years ago. I haven't had a filling since uncle sam deliberately drilled a hole in a molar in 1965 (the one tooth subsequently removed). Still haven't had a cavity since and I'm almost 60 so me and dentists don't have much to talk about.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Post by huggybear » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 7:23 am

no worries...just sad that i had to spend almost 350 SGD to freaking find a dentist who didn't want to rip out all my teeth.

but even in the states they're becoming more aggressive about trying to do a lot of treatments that aren't necessary to make more $. how sad.

where's the "emoticon" for the face with tears rolling down?

Jeppo
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Jeppo » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 8:08 am

:cry:

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Asian_Geekette » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:40 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Sorry I couldn't help Huggy,

I've only had one tooth removed in the past 40 years and that was 20 years ago. I haven't had a filling since uncle sam deliberately drilled a hole in a molar in 1965 (the one tooth subsequently removed). Still haven't had a cavity since and I'm almost 60 so me and dentists don't have much to talk about.

Wow! No cavities in 4 decades?! Is it due to the flouride content of the tap water in SG? ;-)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning