Singapore Expats

Beware of meeting weird people from the forum

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
doncare2002

miss reading

Post by doncare2002 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:52 pm

sundaymorningstapleReplies: 96Views: 17114 Forum: General Discussions Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm Subject: National Service Deferment Procedure in Singapore.
Hi MS, I had read thru the thread...but had somehow missed this part of passport renewal info...very sorry about that. I was assuming I should renew the passport before my son turns 11 for(will tur ...

From here, we can all tell this guy always mis-read other ppl posting and only care about his own thinking.

well, very obvious that he dare not talk about all the points i mentioned in my post abt his mis-reading of the situation. so he choose to change the topic and talked abt something else......so this is the kind of guy we are seeing........haha

doncare2002

respect

Post by doncare2002 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:54 pm

sundaymorningstapleModerator Joined: 11 Nov 2004Posts: 13861Game Trophies: 2Hall Of Fame MemberLocation: Still Fishing! Posted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:06 am Post subject:

kangkinkang, not sure which returning troll your are, but seriously, about the only thing I can say is you need to remember that in order to get respect one has to earn it. Try to get on the MRT or get on a bus, try to enter a lift. try to merge into traffic on the expressways, or try to merge into a left lane to get off the expressways. Then you will see how people here go about trying to earn the respect they THINK they deserve. Try working as a team without spending the whole time trying to sabo the team leader so you can try to take all the credit. Only then can you write anything of substance. Have a good day. Oh, your post this morning? Wasn't a good way to earn any respect either.

Talk about respect. this person can never earn any respect from anyone because all he know is say and no action. and of course, this kind of person do not know the meaning of respect at all.

doncare2002

anti asian

Post by doncare2002 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:56 pm

Moderator Joined: 11 Nov 2004Posts: 13861Game Trophies: 2Hall Of Fame MemberLocation: Still Fishing! Posted: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:19 pm Post subject:

True enough. Not being of Asian extraction myself, I cannot begin to fathom the convolutions of the Asian mindset, and I daresay, one could probably spend their entire life here an not fully understand it.

From his writing, we all can conclude that he is anti asian. so can we even bother to waste time reading this person writing?? well, he must have felt he lose face because an asian man correct that misconception abt his observation.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:18 pm

Image :console: :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

doncare2002

all good

Post by doncare2002 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 10:26 pm

:oops!: \:D/ :-({|= [-X :lol: :-# :cool: :console:

doncare2002

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 9:35 pm

well, my earlier post is not directed to u but to others. so?? taking my post and said it is written by me when the post was for someone else does not prove anything. as i said, u do not even have the guts to tackle the issue itself but just avoid the real issue that u brought up and i manage to prove that your thought is wrong. so what else to say?

of course i dun care. i dun care that u are white. because it is not the race or colour of your skin that define u (that u have not guts to tackle the issue u brought up abt ppl behaviour in singapore), but your character. and for those who think u did a great job and cheer for u, it just show how narrow their mind can be.

i know u dun care. because u are just a passerby to our island and u dun care to talk abt the issue because u are unable to admit u are wrong in your thought. so it just got to show what kind of character u are regardless of your race.

:lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 31 Aug 2010 10:30 pm

Grow up.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Backpacker

Huurrray to Doncare

Post by Backpacker » Mon, 06 Dec 2010 1:07 pm

I totally agreed with doncare. Looking at the post, I can see that sundaymorningstaple did not even has the answer to any of doncare question. Hurray to doncare, you make so many people see the light and realise we should be more careful with our judgement. Keep up the good work. As for sundaymorningstaple, I think it is time you grow up and accept the sound logical thinking of doncare.

pengembara

Post by pengembara » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 6:32 pm

I’ve been following this thread with interest and am a little saddened by the fact that it seems to have degenerated into a polarized polemic pitting expats against locals.

Surely the overall idea of the Forum is to bring people together and not to engage in pointless argument and name-calling. At the end of the day it is really about respecting others’ views and accepting the fact that all our opinions are shaped by our own life experiences and is, therefore, guaranteed to be unique to us.

So, bearing in mind the above sentiment, but at the risk of adding fuel to the fire, let me just say that I broadly agree with sundaymorningstaple’s original views, which had generated so many negative, and rather personal reactions.

Although originally from Asia, I have lived for extended periods in Australia, the USA, Malaysia, Singapore and western Europe, and, unfortunately, the “overt rudeness and inconsideration Singaporeans show to others”

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 8:16 pm

You dug up a 15 month old topic just to stir the pot?

Doncare was clearly a troll, so not representative, and not worthy of further comment or analysis. Speaking of which we haven't had a decent troll for a while...

pengembara

Post by pengembara » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 9:13 pm

My apologies. I just joined the forum a month or so ago and just saw the thread so I'm sorry if it's no longer of contemporary interest. But I do have some strong views on the topic hence the posting-it's not to 'stir the pot' but just to add to the discourse..

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 21 Mar 2012 9:19 pm

pengembara wrote:My apologies. I just joined the forum a month or so ago and just saw the thread so I'm sorry if it's no longer of contemporary interest. But I do have some strong views on the topic hence the posting-it's not to 'stir the pot' but just to add to the discourse..
No problem, just wasn't sure if you knew the topic was dormant.

Search on 'Holding open doors for hordes of ungrateful SGns' to find the number of people who agree with you on that point :wink:

An eye for eye might lead to a nation of blind people but I'll happily let a door close in the face of a SGn (barring the elderly, pregnant and mothers and young ghildren) than give them a free-of-charge and unthanked doorman service any day. :lol:

pengembara

Post by pengembara » Thu, 22 Mar 2012 1:33 am

Thanks, JR8 and am really happy to know that there are many kindred souls who feel the same way. And I guess if you're blind you will at least be spared seeing this abhorring scene. Also, methinks it is best that I stop this discourse now lest I open a Pandora's box (again).

nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Thu, 22 Mar 2012 8:48 am

This thread angers me and I don't know why!

ho hum.
nutnut

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 22 Mar 2012 8:51 am

JR8 wrote:Speaking of which we haven't had a decent troll for a while...
Ahem, remember Mancan'tthink? :P