Singapore Expats

Beware of meeting weird people from the forum

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
SunWuKong
Regular
Regular

Post by SunWuKong » Thu, 17 Sep 2009 12:27 pm

Changing an IP is relatively easy, however who needs to go to that extreme. No need, just visit a proxy listing website (www.ImNotGoingToMakeItThatEasy.com), grab a proxy address and port, and plug it into your browser. 'Tada!' fixed, new IP.

Better approach for registrations is verification services, SMS messaging etc. It's much harder to change a HP number than an IPA. If no HP, then must have POP or IMAP desktop mail for verification. Again harder to get than webmail.
The nature of Monkey was ... irrepressible!

jpatokal

Post by jpatokal » Fri, 18 Sep 2009 2:15 pm

SunWuKong wrote:Changing an IP is relatively easy, however who needs to go to that extreme. No need, just visit a proxy listing website (www.ImNotGoingToMakeItThatEasy.com), grab a proxy address and port, and plug it into your browser. 'Tada!' fixed, new IP.
If you're on SingNet, you don't need to do anything at all, everything goes through their load-balanced proxy network so your outgoing IP changes with every single HTTP request. (Confuses the hell out of some websites too...)
Better approach for registrations is verification services, SMS messaging etc. It's much harder to change a HP number than an IPA. If no HP, then must have POP or IMAP desktop mail for verification. Again harder to get than webmail.
Sending SMS costs money, and there's no way to verify whether an e-mail address is read via webmail, POP or a trained group of lesbian jumping beans.

It's a free forum, and we'd like to keep it that way. Spam's one of the small prices to pay, and that's what us moderators are here for...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Nadya

Re: Wrong timings :)

Post by Nadya » Sat, 10 Apr 2010 2:08 pm

Of course i dont agree on that statement. Im a local Singaporean female. And i have friends from other parts of the world and i treat them equally just like another human. Race is just a colour.
Some of whom i met became good friends and we even end up travelling together. Im sorry if you have met low-life shallow minded individual, and i hope that you dont judge us Singaporean just based on a few bad encounter.

jpatokal wrote:
koftorts wrote:There goes my chance of finding friends on this forum !! I came across this place yesterday itself, and had posted a "search for friends" !!
The best way to meet people is to go to group events (see the forum set up for this), instead of taking your chances with the dating lottery and meeting random people one-on-one.
The more I am knowing Singapore, the more I am getting a feeling that Singaporeans probably prefer Singaporeans to be their friends !!
True dat -- most Singaporeans take the view that expats are fly-by-night types who won't be around for long, belong to a different social class, and don't really appreciate/understand the local culture, so going beyond a casual social acquaintance into "true friends" isn't easy.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Re: Wrong timings :)

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 10 Apr 2010 8:09 pm

Nadya wrote:Of course i dont agree on that statement. Im a local Singaporean female. And i have friends from other parts of the world and i treat them equally just like another human. Race is just a colour.
Some of whom i met became good friends and we even end up travelling together. Im sorry if you have met low-life shallow minded individual, and i hope that you dont judge us Singaporean just based on a few bad encounter.
Nadya, it's sad to say, but let's just agree to disagree.

I've been here 28+ years and it's like the Kiasu Syndrome. It's also like the overt rudeness and inconsideration Singaporeans show to others. It's NOT the majority who are like this. It is a minority, BUT the majority get tarred by the same brush. The stereotypes stick where the percentages of these types of behaviours are higher than in other places. Let's say ALL Asians are Kiasu (and they are, to an extent) and lets say that around 10 percent of the population of Asia exhibits that trait. Then we come to Singapore and WOW 20% of Singaporean exhibit that trait. still a minority only two out of every 10 Singaporeans are that ways. But, it's twice as bad as your neighbours. THAT's what everybody remembers. Not the 8 who are normal but only the 2 out of 10 that's abnormal. Most Singaporeans don't know anybody outside of the country at all ('cept maybe a rellie who immigrated to Perth or Vancover).

:shit:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

kjk1988

Post by kjk1988 » Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:14 am

very true

doncare2002

make more sense

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 1:32 am

i find the post by "sundaymorningstaple" so silly. did u ever asked all those ppl u came across whether they are singaporean or are they just staying in singapore? pls note that not all ppl staying in singapore are singaporean. and not all singaporean are brought up in singapore. singapore has 5 million people and around 2 million are not singaporean or born here. mostly are foreigners (of all level) working here, travelling here, or converted to singaporean at a later age.

so can i meet someone who is rude in cananda and then claim he is cansdian?? well, he/she might just be working there.

so next time anyone start making all these comments abt how badly singaporean behave should have a clearer mind and have the gut to approach the person and ask them where they are from. and before we make any comment, let's look at our own nationality and our how our own ppl behave in our country and how they behave when they travel before making such senseless comment.

then we will realise almost every countries have the same percentage of ppl behaving badly!!

so pls be wise. and of course, for anyone who dislike singapore so much, my advice to them is to leave this place and go back to their own country whom they are so proud of ( i wonder why they are in singapore in the first place............haha......).

doncare2002

shallow thought

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 1:42 am

i just wonder how "sundaymorningstaple" got all his statistic from? from his/her own research or just his/her imagination?? does he/she know that many ppl from USA do not even know ppl outside their town? many ppl from australia do not know anyone outside their nationality?? well, anything wrong with that?? obviously NO. because it is ppl choice and it is also the fact of life.

and to say singapore is more kiasu than others is so amusing. if the americian and so many other nations are not so kiasu, why they started the iraq war before they find any weapons of mass destruction? if australian is not so kiasu, why they throw out their PM and got a new one before the election even started? and there are so many kiasu cases all over the world. well, so many countries and her ppl are kiasu in many ways. we just have to be more culture sensitive and see from their point of view instead of just talking abt ourselves and our view.

and since u are staying here for 28 years. i wonder how many true singaporean friend do u have? how many friend of different nationality do u have? and i am saying true friend whom u can rely on at time of difficulty and not just merry friend. well, friendship is build on mutual support and trust and respect. it is not build on nationality or wealth. so what is the point of knowing friend from 50 different nationalities and onli to find none are ur true friend in time of needs?? in that case, i rather have friend from only one nationality and know that i can trust them and rely on them. so i must said it is a very shallow thinking and measurement of friendship and the way of looking at people.

so i hope u do wake up and start to look at world in a different way and not the shallow way.

all the best to u and happy national day (singapore national day)

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 2:10 am

:???:

Strange dude you are. What statistics are your referring to? Or couldn't you understand what "for example" means. You really need to learn to read for content.

:roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

doncare2002

naive

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 2:14 am

good that u admit all that u have written are baseless and just on your imagination without any fact to back u up. thanks for letting the whole world know. haha. i do not find u strange at all. i just find u ignorant and naive :-)

doncare2002

for example.

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 2:18 am

the funny thing is that person who said others do not know how to read the content is actually referring to itself.......because there is no usage of "for example" in his content at all.........

what a laughing stock..........hahaha........

anyway, i will rest my case, i will leave it for the wise mind out there to judge for themselves who is making sense and who is not.

and NO for example here...........hahaahaaa

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 6:53 am

You tried here in 2008 for a couple of posts. You tried here in 2009 for a couple of posts. Now you are back again. Sounds to me like you don't have too many friends either. I'd say it's pretty much obvious why as well. With all your HaHaHa's I'd say you had to be a pretty insecure chinese fellow who actually has as thing "against" expats. Ever since you first foray onto this board, you have always harped on the same thing. Somehow, if after two or three years of that, and you still don't have that many expat friends, I'd have to wonder at your approach. But again, if you approach is anything like here on this forum, well, let's just say, we'll still see you making the odd foray here in three more years time. Oh, and still attacking those who just speak the unvarnished truth.

You doncare, we doncare either..... :P

doncare2002

Post by doncare2002 » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 3:28 pm

from the personal attack this person make, we can see what kind of person he/she is. well, he/she did not even have the guts to discuss abt the fact i brought forward. he/she start be become silent after hearing those fact (obviously because he/she has nothing to offer). so what is best he/she can do?? some personal attack. so now we all know this is someone living in singapore behaving in this way. pls do not mistaken him/her for a singaporean. hahaha.........also, to make racial remarks is so cheap and low class. this is the kind of person trying to offer his/her view point on singaporean. so what conclusion can we draw from this?? well, he/she has not credential at all.

i am glad all can see what kind of person he/she is now. and i will rest my case because i am successful in exposing him/her and letting him/her show his/her true colour and manage to discredit his/her nonsense write up.

Thanks all for reading and hope u all can avoid this person at all cost because he/she has no place in Singapore if he/she cannot even respect different views and become is a racist.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 10 Aug 2010 4:16 pm

Racial remarks? What racial remarks? You are Chinese are you not? Your words, not mine. Guess we now know what kind of troll you are. You sound a xenophobic to me.

Your facts? :? Facts maybe only in your own mind. :-|

This is your posting of Saturday Jul 19, 2008....
doncare2002 wrote:Hi Everyone, I am a local Singapore Chinese guy. Just want to make some new friend to hang out with during weekend. A chat over coffee is ideal for me. Going for a sport is fun too....... exploring this small island is exciting........ basically i am game for most of the thing as long as i am hanging out with like-minded and fun people.

Anyone interested?
As I said before, you doncare, me doncare.

:roll:

sharpz

Post by sharpz » Mon, 23 Aug 2010 4:04 pm

Nicely done.
"I rather fail spectacularly than to succeed minimally." - Lex Luthor

doncare2002

who are u then

Post by doncare2002 » Wed, 25 Aug 2010 9:49 pm

sundaymorningstapleReplies: 11Views: 957 Forum: Events, Gatherings, Making Friends Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:29 pm Subject: Like to meet lonely female
Hi I'm not lonely but would love to liven the party in any way I can. Local Eurasian girl (mixed of Irish, Dutch, Thai and Chinese) married to a Dane. Let me know! Cheers! Yvonne Anthea/yvonn ...

so based on what u have written.......does that mean u are a lonely man who refuse to admit it and still going after a married woman?? haha...... well, u are the one who shown the world with your posting.

doncare.0002, you really should post or at least read the entire post, rather than make yourself look even more pathetic than you already appear.......
sundaymorningstapleReplies: 11Views: 957 Forum: Events, Gatherings, Making Friends Posted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:29 pm Subject: Like to meet lonely female
eastmeetswest wrote:
Hi

Anyone care for chat over lunch or coffee. A descent proposal cause this Eurasian girl (mixed of Dutch, Irish, Thai and Chinese) is happily married to a Dane. Cheers! Yvonne
Anthea/yvonne or whatever you name is, do you have a personality problem? Now you have registered another nick. I guess when your Dane husband comes home from work he is never quite sure who he will find.
Once again, you end up with....

Such a sad life you must have......
:console:

haha.....sundaymorningstapleare u talking about yourself that u did not post my entire post here when u cut and pase mine here?? haha.......so u are talking abt yourself. u have such a sad life and terrible character. i pity u.............hahaha....
Last edited by doncare2002 on Tue, 31 Aug 2010 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.