Singapore Expats Forum

Dating Female Expats

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
acester

Dating Female Expats

Postby acester » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 9:04 pm

:)

Ferrari

Date a female expat

Postby Ferrari » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 9:10 pm

Hi
If u wanna know more female expats,pls join the group outings.No offense but this is not a dating forum or matchmaking forum. :D

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Blunt

Postby prkravi » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 12:20 am

Huh!
Thats a bit blunt aint it?
I think you should be fishing in the Dating and Friends Classification buddy.

bluffmaster83

Postby bluffmaster83 » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:54 am

well if you have a problem then dont reply to the thread la. whats the point of coming here and leaving a smartass comment.

if there are no replies such threads would die out anyways but people like you come and drop your 'intelligent inputs' on what and where people must do things.

Not gonna happen mate. You cant control how people behave. Learn to filter what you cant process.

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Blunt

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:23 am

prkravi wrote:Huh!
Thats a bit blunt aint it?
I think you should be fishing in the Dating and Friends Classification buddy.

And what, prey tell, happens at the WNDC, FNDC and other social organizations set up on this forum?

sundaymorningstaple

Re: Date a female expat

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:24 am

Ferrari wrote:Hi
If u wanna know more female expats,pls join the group outings.No offense but this is not a dating forum or matchmaking forum. :D

No offense, but who died and made you boss?

Kristii
Regular
Regular

Postby Kristii » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 10:02 pm

lol
Maybe Singapore should be called the "Sunburnt Country" instead of Australia....
I seem to be getting more "sunburnt" here then i did back home lol!

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 10:44 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
And what, prey tell, happens at the WNDC, FNDC and other social organizations set up on this forum?

Hmm, this comment doesn't really sit well with me. Though this may often be the case, but i guess, it's not only restricted to events set up in this forum. it happens everywhere and we can't blame anyone for wishing/hoping/yearning.. you get my drift. Furthermore, I also think that there are people who genuinely want to make friends or find activity partners, nothing more.

sms - your comments usually are very tactful, both in personal & moderator capacity, so i'm a little bit surprised here :)

bluffmaster83

Postby bluffmaster83 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:03 am

yes of course. there are always going to be all kinds of people interacting here - same as in our society. The guy put a self advert for dating - its his wish. this is a free country man.

if there were no net nannies eager to stamp their 'advice', this thread would have had one post.

Beauty

Postby Beauty » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:14 pm

Hey ppl...dunt be so mean..just wish the guy good luck,,.otherwise it seems to me that some ppl just unhappy that he indicated his preferences twd white gals...thats why they posted so many negative comments here...

But at the same time i'm alw thinking that direct dating thru forums can scare ppl,,,i think like btr to join group of guys for dinking session, clubbing or orher parties and then try to find cutie babe amongst them...

Anyway every person has it's own ways to finf a partner...there is no written rules...

Good luck!

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 11:35 pm

It's all bits on a screen, don't take it too seriously...

Anyway, Singapore Expats has its very own dating site, where's you'll probably get more serious responses.

http://dating.singaporeexpats.com/
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:07 am

fishtank wrote:

Hmm, this comment doesn't really sit well with me. Though this may often be the case, but i guess, it's not only restricted to events set up in this forum. it happens everywhere and we can't blame anyone for wishing/hoping/yearning.. you get my drift. Furthermore, I also think that there are people who genuinely want to make friends or find activity partners, nothing more.

sms - your comments usually are very tactful, both in personal & moderator capacity, so i'm a little bit surprised here :)

I try to speak the unvarnished truth. Which I did. I even know of a marriage that eventually took place courtesy of one of the regular events. There was nothing tactless in my statement. Unless truth is tactless. It may well not be what these events are designed for. But any given social get-together always has the possibility of a chance encounter where two like minds click. If they didn't, there wouldn't be too many marriages or we would have to revert to the old fashioned marriage broker style - heaven forbid!. (and yes I'm married to an Indian but it wasn't arranged! By somebody else that is! :P

sms

fishtank

Postby fishtank » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 8:55 pm

I try to speak the unvarnished truth. Which I did. I even know of a marriage that eventually took place courtesy of one of the regular events. There was nothing tactless in my statement. Unless truth is tactless. It may well not be what these events are designed for. But any given social get-together always has the possibility of a chance encounter where two like minds click. If they didn't, there wouldn't be too many marriages or we would have to revert to the old fashioned marriage broker style - heaven forbid!. (and yes I'm married to an Indian but it wasn't arranged! By somebody else that is! :P

sms

:wink:
I know what you mean and as far as the truth is concerned, I think you are right.

What I was trying to say is that I think you are making a sweeping statement - not all event goers are in the look out for SO. There are other reasons why, which bring me to the next unrelated question: are you going to join us one of these days? ;)

No no, i'm not trying to pick you up - just that I think you would make conversations interesting :)

trikal

Postby trikal » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 1:49 pm

bluffmaster83 wrote:well if you have a problem then dont reply to the thread la. whats the point of coming here and leaving a smartass comment.

if there are no replies such threads would die out anyways but people like you come and drop your 'intelligent inputs' on what and where people must do things.

Not gonna happen mate. You cant control how people behave. Learn to filter what you cant process.

What Irates you so much mate? pkravi has been genuinely try to put together a travel group for many months using the forum which was ruined by a stalker, who tried to use every thread for his Private intentions.

He gets nothing more to say but "Hey I am in", "Hey count me in", " I have five friends " .. have no clue who his friends are.. and the beauty is we never know what his name is, as he never leaves his name or signature behind.

you can very well see in this thread itself that acester creates thread at 9.04pm & Ferrari replies at 9.10pm.. and acester replies again at 9.16pm..

Pretty strange that a newbie joins the same day & redirects someone to a dating site.... :D :D isn't that blunt for a newbie to redirect another newbie? or should we not see that as an enactment.

You defending acester promptly gives us the doubt.

your Avatar is bluffmaster83 and in another thread we see a bluffmaster also with joining dates very near to their thread or post date.

You can probably put up a warning "Only Dumb posters need only respond".

acester

Postby acester » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 9:50 pm

I really can't stand this anymore. Until this very day, you guys are still arguing about this issue. Hey, get a life. You guys really behaved like women.

Mr Trikal, I think you should take life easier. Try to see things more simply. Sometimes things are not as complicating or confusing like what you've imagined. I think you are working as some form of analyst or should i say investigator? You even bothered to check on those details of people's thread and form an analysis or deduction out of it? I mean, dun u have better things to do in life?

Let me clear this air once and for all and this will be the last time I am coming to this forum. So those guys who are against this thread which I have posted, be rejoiced.

Ok here it goes. When I decided to put up this thread, my purpose was to reach out to those expats women who don't mind exploring the possibility of having a date with me. It's just as simple as that. If it happens, it happens, if it doesn't, I am cool about that. So why must u guys be so stressed over it?

Anyway, let me give you guys a great tip especially to Mr Trikal. If you wanna be attractive to women, stop this nosey and childish behaviour of yours.

To those guys who have defended my thread, I sincerely thank you people for speaking up for me. Please do not be bothered by those comments if you happened to be one of the victims. Just continue with yr hunt and whatever purpose you are here for : )