Singapore Expats Forum

Let's make a movie!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
lajessica

Let's make a movie!

Postby lajessica » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:14 pm

Hey guys!

I'd like to do a movie in Singapore and I'm looking for people who'd like to be part of it. It can be about anything really, so once we have a crew together we can decide on all the details. It could be a movie about expats from different cultural backgrounds coming together in Singapore (basically our own stories & our lives here) or we could write a made-up screenplay of any kind of a story. I just think Singapore is the ideal location for a movie so I'd really like to give it a try (more as a just-for-fun thing on the weekends).
So please drop me a text if you're interested. Anybody who would be interested in Acting, Filming, Directing or Producing, Make-up & Styling, Screenplay writing or anything else. No prob if you've never done it before, it's all about having fun and coming up with new ideas.

Seeya
Jessiquita :)

jessiquita.fairey@gmail.com

sydney_dave

Postby sydney_dave » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 10:25 pm

pm'd!

Snowfly
Regular
Regular

Postby Snowfly » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:29 pm

you oughta get eleanor flynn to plan your shots for you... she's very good at the whole slice of life thing. i think i've got some skills to offer as well in the movie making dept, storyboarding etc, just don't ask me to get in front of the camera! :D

bluffmaster

Postby bluffmaster » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 11:59 pm

hey jessica,

Sounds like great fun! I am definately in. Send ya a pm with my contact details.

Hope more ppl join in quickly so we get the ball rolling.

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Great

Postby Shankar » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:18 am

Great Venture and an interesting way to spend weekends.

I am authoring a book right now and will be busy in its publishing aspects until the year end. But have a lotsa cocept for movies.

Having been in Sg for over 15 years, have noted a lot of diaspora's effect on the population, which can be turned into good movies.

So feel free to discuss themes, scripts , screenplay, dialogues etc. which I can lookinto amidst my main activity.

and my cousin brother is an upcoming hero in India and who is been into filiming for past 5 years. So we can look up for some professional help, if we make some good milage on the script.

Cheers!!!
Shan
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

fiwi

Postby fiwi » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 9:54 am

Hey
I am just starting a new job here teaching speach and drama so I work weekends but if you are doing stuff during the week or at night I would love to join in with whateva you need help with, and I do have a bit of experience in front of the camera (depends what kind of face you are looking for thou!!).

Anyway sounds like fun,

Fiona

AdiCtion
Regular
Regular

Would luv 2 join..

Postby AdiCtion » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 3:54 pm

Just PM me the details.
Cheers!!

Adi ;)

prkravi
Chatter
Chatter

Sounds Fun!

Postby prkravi » Mon, 25 Jun 2007 4:00 pm

POST EDITED...Withdraw.
Last edited by prkravi on Fri, 29 Jun 2007 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dixy

Movie

Postby dixy » Tue, 26 Jun 2007 3:35 am

Shall we work out a team, theme & title first?is it a documentary or thriller or drama or action?
lets put it through and see how it goes...surely gonna be fun..
i m in....when are we meeting up?
ciao
Dx :cool:
Everything will be OK in the End..if its not OK then ITS NOT YET THE END..:)

trapezium

Postby trapezium » Wed, 27 Jun 2007 4:15 pm

Hey, I have made a few movies myself. Nothing professional though. Mostly for work, movies with a message. I'd love to be part of it. Btw I have even written some songs, so if need be we have all the ingredients.
marinero.el@gmail.com
everything will b okay in the end,if its not okay then its not the end.

bluffmaster83

Postby bluffmaster83 » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:53 pm

hi i am very interested. is there any progress on this? Would be good fun. pls let me know.

thnx

lajessica

Postby lajessica » Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:56 pm

Hey again!

Anybody interested, please email or pm me for further details.

Cheers :D

flyings

Postby flyings » Wed, 04 Jul 2007 9:06 am

Hi, friends
:D
I dont know anything about drama. But can I join you? It sounds very interesting. My friend thought of making a DV film about life of expats here before. but we were too busy those days. So glad to know that so many people are intersted in it too.

skimilk
Regular
Regular

Postby skimilk » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 3:48 pm

Hey, count me in. I got a film degree and I currently work in TV and I've been wanting to do my own short films for a looooooooooong time but have never found the time or the resources to do so.

This might just be the motivation I need. :)

I've done directing, writing, producing even some acting...haha...so yeah, I'd PM you my number so we can get this project started. :D