Singapore Expats

The Up and Coming Airline

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 6:52 pm

chanyl wrote:
As for molestation, maybe if u stay at home all ur life, then u'll be able to prevent it.... It depends on ur own luck i think..... cos one of my batchgal in silkair was being pinched on her butt and did not dare to voice out during the flight on her first training flight, which was a long time ago.....
You have not stated whether this was by a passenger or another crew member, either way the young lady in question has a right to work without hindrance and such events should always be reported. The perpetrator will now feel he has the right to do as he pleases. Such events in the UK where women have more rights, not least due to the law, are treated seriously and sympathetically and yes some have lost their jobs.

Glad you are happy where you are.

:)

princessmermaid

Post by princessmermaid » Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:11 am

HELLO.. i left my job as a crew with silkair too 2 years ago .. hearing that ur from silkair too, im excited..
wonder how is the interview like and how is the whole training procedure like?
please tell me more as i miss flying already..
thank you..
;)

LL

Post by LL » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 1:40 pm

Janice Chan,

stop posting yr unhappiness you had with yr previous airline, you may get sue for the postings. Is a serious offence u know?

chanyl wrote:We're paid averagely 10,000 AED, equivalent to 4,000SGD and like emirates, accomodation and transportation is provided..... and we will be getting pay adjustments within this year..... which is more money:D

So far my life here has been great... Being the National airline of UAE, the people here are very proud of Etihad and most people can recognise that we're from the airline, thus we're definitely not being treated 2nd class or anything close..... maybe in the past, but i dun feel anything like that since i've been here....

As for molestation, maybe if u stay at home all ur life, then u'll be able to prevent it.... It depends on ur own luck i think..... cos one of my batchgal in silkair was being pinched on her butt and did not dare to voice out during the flight on her first training flight, which was a long time ago..... as for me, i've not been touched by any pax since i started flying.... but i had been molested when i was in a shopping mall in singapore long ago, so molestation on board is not something i'd comment much on.....
But one thing i'm sure, it's much safer to fly here as a muslim airline treats molestation very seriously.... thus even if something really happens, i'd be glad to see what will happen to the culprit.....

As for my experience in Silkair, it's the Asian culture i hate most...... The "Seniority" practice is really bad...... When u first join the airline, u'd expect to be treated unfairly and unfortunately u have to struggle through the victimised phase before being able to be treated like a human being.... The seniors have all the right to shout at u and demand u to do things their way...... u have to greet every single one of them everytime u see them, or the nasty ones will condemn u infront of the rest like u have no dignity at all...... of course there are nice ppl there as well, but u'd be so traumatised by the not nice ones that it really doesn't matter how many nice ppl u have on board.... u'd try to take MC to escape flying with the horrible ppl and it just reflect so badly on ur record.... therefore i really see no point in working in such an inhumane environment.....
Etihad is so diff..... so far, i have not experience any of those seniority treatments...... the basic courtesy is sufficient for u to survive here and everyone treats everyone as Adults....... it's just some much better......

I'm not being exagerating..... it's just from my real life experience..... and i'm really enjoying my life now..... except that i really missed my family in singapore.......

queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter

Post by queenie-me » Fri, 07 Dec 2007 4:42 pm

LL wrote:Janice Chan,

stop posting yr unhappiness you had with yr previous airline, you may get sue for the postings. Is a serious offence u know?
Both of you must know each other well.. Who might you be?....
Anyways, whatever she is saying is true. and I think the whole world SHOULD know what kind of place is it. IYou think you can threaten her for getting sue here for voicing out and warn others what kind of place is it. Well.. let me tell you, I have enough being the victim of threaten, mental abuse, accused.

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 08 Dec 2007 2:11 am

LL wrote:Janice Chan,

Wow, it took what..... only 6 months after her post for you to jump in with your advice? Very timely. And to use her name (if that really IS her name, and you're not trying to sabo another "friend" of yours)....... very cute. Btw, you forgot to include her tel no, address and mug shot.

jencrs
Regular
Regular

Post by jencrs » Sat, 08 Dec 2007 2:17 am

Anyway, I've got a cousin from Eithad. If i remember correctly, she mentioned that local girls get the best flights. And another strange thing, expat cabin crew won't get flights which stop over their country of origin. I can't contact my cousin easily to confirm, so can anyone confirm this here?

chanyl

Post by chanyl » Sat, 08 Dec 2007 3:56 am

Hey "LL",

Wat can u do? Sue me? Go ahead for all i care.... U're such a saddist... Who are u anyway? Ur name suggest that u can't do anything.... LL in hokkien means Lan Lan, meaning there's nothing u can do....

Please mind ur own business and stop interfering with people sharing their view points.....

With Regards,
Ms Chan...:>
~ I Believe I Can FLY~

Singbaba

Post by Singbaba » Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:15 am

Brave very brave. I have same experience like you but in another local company. I pay my bond to leave the job.
The Power Of Flying With 84000lbs Thrust. Rolls-Royce Trent 900...
The Airbus A380 - Luxury. With Wings.

LL

Post by LL » Fri, 14 Dec 2007 9:58 am

Dearest JCLYan,

Kudos to your bravo on yr view points :D , but do it tactfully. You shld have voice out yr view points b4 you left, all the gals will be grateful for dat.
everyone had the right to share their view points, all airlines had their horrible & not so horrible experiences, it is whether you had the abundance of endurance to face it or not? Too bad dat you had encountered some bad eggs in the company unless you had met me before dat, things may be different...hehehe :wink:

Yeah, I'm a saddist cos sad to lose a gd person like you, need more ppl like you to make a better place.

Glad dat you found a better place for yrself & encouraging other fellow Singaporeans to join you there. Hope all things work well for you for the future :)

Best regards,

"Lan Lan" :P

ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

chanyl wrote:Hey "LL",

Wat can u do? Sue me? Go ahead for all i care.... U're such a saddist... Who are u anyway? Ur name suggest that u can't do anything.... LL in hokkien means Lan Lan, meaning there's nothing u can do....

Please mind ur own business and stop interfering with people sharing their view points.....

With Regards,
Ms Chan...:>

purin81

Post by purin81 » Sat, 18 Apr 2009 5:16 pm

chanyl wrote:We're paid averagely 10,000 AED, equivalent to 4,000SGD and like emirates, accomodation and transportation is provided..... and we will be getting pay adjustments within this year..... which is more money:D

So far my life here has been great... Being the National airline of UAE, the people here are very proud of Etihad and most people can recognise that we're from the airline, thus we're definitely not being treated 2nd class or anything close..... maybe in the past, but i dun feel anything like that since i've been here....

As for molestation, maybe if u stay at home all ur life, then u'll be able to prevent it.... It depends on ur own luck i think..... cos one of my batchgal in silkair was being pinched on her butt and did not dare to voice out during the flight on her first training flight, which was a long time ago..... as for me, i've not been touched by any pax since i started flying.... but i had been molested when i was in a shopping mall in singapore long ago, so molestation on board is not something i'd comment much on.....
But one thing i'm sure, it's much safer to fly here as a muslim airline treats molestation very seriously.... thus even if something really happens, i'd be glad to see what will happen to the culprit.....

As for my experience in Silkair, it's the Asian culture i hate most...... The "Seniority" practice is really bad...... When u first join the airline, u'd expect to be treated unfairly and unfortunately u have to struggle through the victimised phase before being able to be treated like a human being.... The seniors have all the right to shout at u and demand u to do things their way...... u have to greet every single one of them everytime u see them, or the nasty ones will condemn u infront of the rest like u have no dignity at all...... of course there are nice ppl there as well, but u'd be so traumatised by the not nice ones that it really doesn't matter how many nice ppl u have on board.... u'd try to take MC to escape flying with the horrible ppl and it just reflect so badly on ur record.... therefore i really see no point in working in such an inhumane environment.....
Etihad is so diff..... so far, i have not experience any of those seniority treatments...... the basic courtesy is sufficient for u to survive here and everyone treats everyone as Adults....... it's just some much better......

I'm not being exagerating..... it's just from my real life experience..... and i'm really enjoying my life now..... except that i really missed my family in singapore.......

Wow! Didn't know that flying with Ethihad, u get paid only of an average SGD$4k/mth.

For what i know Emirates average pay/mth for junior crew is:

basic$/mth: (SGD) $1.7K
layover(l/o) allowances from: $110 - $290/night
flying pay: $25/hr(80hrs-110hrs)
tel allowances..etc.etc.etc.
**And the bonus?** 3 daily SIN flights. Which means, flying back every month to SIN is easy n simple as ABC. 8-)

"Fly Emirates. Keep Discovering"

mz^d
Regular
Regular

Post by mz^d » Sun, 23 Aug 2009 11:08 am

jencrs wrote:Anyway, I've got a cousin from Eithad. If i remember correctly, she mentioned that local girls get the best flights. And another strange thing, expat cabin crew won't get flights which stop over their country of origin. I can't contact my cousin easily to confirm, so can anyone confirm this here?
To answer your question:

There is only 1 Emirati girl who works for our airlines. Her roster is no different from the rest of us. We all get a mix of layovers and turnarounds.

I have done the SIN-BNE sectors a few times now. All you have to do is request for the flight.

HTHs