Singapore Expats Forum

Desprite for privacy, looking for room divider

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sugarsnow

Desprite for privacy, looking for room divider

Postby sugarsnow » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 1:21 pm

I hope this is the right spot for this topic (if not sorry >.<I>.<
Does anyone know of a small store or something that has cheaper screen maybe imported from Indonesia? Or any other ideas on how to add privacy?
Any help appricated thanks

astr
Regular
Regular

Postby astr » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 5:54 pm

ikea has those sliding panels dat u can instal on railings. maybe u cud check dat out. :)

sugarsnow

Postby sugarsnow » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 5:08 pm

half my post seems to have gotten deleted cause I used > symbol LOL
But thanks for the advice I had meant to say in the post I went to Ikea already and only found a wicker one that was too exp for the way its made and my fiancee doesn't like it *sigh*
and the railing things is that like the laundry rods? I was hoping to use that but I need a REALLY long one and can't seem to find it. My inlaw would freak if I made any marks in the wall or I would just install a curtain rod ^^;

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:49 am

I got a wooden garden trellis from Far East Flora on Thomson Road about 6 months ago that was quite cheap. You can choose the height (some are taller than a person, some are just waist high) and extend the length to exactly what you want (probably one or two metres - it stretches like an accordion so it's flexible). It stands on its own so no drilling of walls or ceiling required.

We also twined a money plant around the trellis which provides more privacy, plus it looks nice if you have the patience to wait a few months - it's a fast growing plant that grows well in shade.

Good luck with the room divider, and even more living with your in-laws! :wink: