Singapore Expats

Can I register a company without renting an office?

Discuss your views about Singapore business & economy, current policies & issues, starting a business in Singapore.
Post Reply
Liya
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Singapore

Can I register a company without renting an office?

Post by Liya » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:08 am

In Singapore, is it possible to register a company without renting an office?
Knowing the rental price is so high, is it possible to register upon postbox address, like in many countries?

Thanks in advance for your help.

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40452
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Re: Can I register a company without renting an office?

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:12 am

Liya wrote:In Singapore, is it possible to register a company without renting an office?
Knowing the rental price is so high, is it possible to register upon postbox address, like in many countries?

Thanks in advance for your help.
See some of my links on opening a business below.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ashnd76
Member
Member
Posts: 31
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:37 pm

Post by ashnd76 » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 12:29 am

sure you can use the post box at a nominal fee.

Of there are many registered secretarial offices going for cheap rates, check out International Plaza.

Or if you're living in a private residence, you can use that address.

User avatar
sq009
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 158
Joined: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 5:16 pm
Location: River Valley

Post by sq009 » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 4:19 am

Visit International Plaza to rgister. Don't need to rent a offc space. You can register ur company under ur residence. If you stay in private residence no problem, if you stay in HDB, you'll need to get approval from HDB
In Pursuit Of Excellence and Perfection

User avatar
sundaymorningstaple
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 40452
Joined: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 1:26 pm
Answers: 21
Location: Retired on the Little Red Dot

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 10:50 pm

ashnd76 wrote:sure you can use the post box at a nominal fee.

Of there are many registered secretarial offices going for cheap rates, check out International Plaza.

Or if you're living in a private residence, you can use that address.
Sorry to disagree but you cannot use a post office box.

http://www.acra.gov.sg/business/bizaddress.html
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Liya
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:10 pm
Location: Singapore

Post by Liya » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 5:20 pm

Thanks for all the information and advice.

The problem is that I will have my apartment under corporate lease. It's my boyfriend who would like to register a company (he has a small scaled company in France, but in order to follow me, he plans to open a branch in Singapore).
So, it's difficult for me to have it written in my apartment release that my flat will be used as home office...

Any other solution? Post box is impossible?

User avatar
Strong Eagle
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 11678
Joined: Sat, 10 Jul 2004 12:13 am
Answers: 10
Location: Off The Red Dot
Contact:

Post by Strong Eagle » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 9:18 pm

Liya wrote:Thanks for all the information and advice.

The problem is that I will have my apartment under corporate lease. It's my boyfriend who would like to register a company (he has a small scaled company in France, but in order to follow me, he plans to open a branch in Singapore).
So, it's difficult for me to have it written in my apartment release that my flat will be used as home office...

Any other solution? Post box is impossible?
Find a serviced office and use that as your address. Can get from cheap to expensive. Mine is expensive... I want the location. Others here can recommend inexpensive alternatives.

User avatar
jpatokal
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3004
Joined: Tue, 09 Dec 2003 9:38 pm
Location: Terra Australis Incognita

Post by jpatokal » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 2:38 am

Liya wrote:The problem is that I will have my apartment under corporate lease. It's my boyfriend who would like to register a company (he has a small scaled company in France, but in order to follow me, he plans to open a branch in Singapore).
So, it's difficult for me to have it written in my apartment release that my flat will be used as home office...
AFAIK you don't actually need the apartment owner's permission to use their apt to register a business -- this is why some rental contracts explicitly forbid it. Of course, there are a whole bunch of businesses you can't run from a residential property, but anything white-collar is OK.

Opening a business in order to get a residence permit in Sing isn't all that easy though, see the Entrepass sticky for more.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Business in Singapore”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests