Singapore Expats Forum

Orchard Road Hotel

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Amelia Camelia
Regular
Regular

Orchard Road Hotel

Postby Amelia Camelia » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 10:33 pm

Hi everyone,

I have some relatives coming to visit and was wondering if anyone can recommend a modern, contemporary hotel on or around Orchard Road please?

Thanks
A

ashnd76

Postby ashnd76 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:52 pm

generally hotel rates are up during weekdays due to business travellers, and cheaper during weekdends.

I guess it depends on your budget. A nice, newly renovated hotel opposite the Singapore museum, behind Rendezvous Hotel costs around $80 per nite.

Similarly a room at Lucky Plaza, i mean the residences up for rent there. If you're interested i can pass you the contact info.

deeoublee

Postby deeoublee » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:01 pm

Hi I have heard that the JW Marriot is a nice hotel, Four Seasons Hotel, Phoenix Hotel are also great. Some prices are high.

Just do a search on google for Orchard Road hotels, and then according to the budget I guess you can choose which hotel applies. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 10:35 pm

do a google for "3 star singapore hotels" and start there.

rhino
Regular
Regular

Postby rhino » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 11:30 pm

Try wotif.com , by searching for Singapore - this will give you all the different hotels around town, and what price range you can expect to pay. If you find something you like its worthwhile checking rates on the hotel's own website, or by calling them, as sometimes they have weekend deals, or stay 4 night deals, or whatever, that may not be on other websites.

rob w

Postby rob w » Sat, 23 Jun 2007 9:12 am

I've found this site to be good.
http://www.travellerspoint.com/
if you click on last minute hotels its only for 20 days in advance though.
I've just checked and can get the Royal Plaza on Scotts for $198 a night at the weekend normally its $580 a night.
There is lots of other places and varying prices.
Rob
Rob

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 2:21 am

rob w wrote:if you click on last minute hotels its only for 20 days in advance though. I've just checked and can get the Royal Plaza on Scotts for $198 a night at the weekend normally its $580 a night.

$580!? :shock: I paid $150 to stay there once and felt ripped off -- the only good thing was the free can of beer in the minibar.

Singapore hotel prices have increased almost as fast as rental prices though...
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Plavt

Postby Plavt » Sun, 24 Jun 2007 6:55 am

Personally I have always used this service although I won't claim it offers the cheapest places;

http://www.asiatravel.com/singapore.html

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 03 Jul 2007 12:53 am

deeoublee wrote:Hi I have heard that the JW Marriot is a nice hotel, Four Seasons Hotel, Phoenix Hotel are also great. Some prices are high.

There is no JW in Singapore, only a distinctly ordinary plain Marriott. The Phoenix closes in August. The Four Seasons is a genuinely good hotel, but it's priced accordingly.

I'd pip for the Conrad Centennial -- it's a great modern hotel, Suntec/Marina/Millennia are right next to it and it's only a short hop over to Orchard.
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

Evan_SIN

Postby Evan_SIN » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 12:56 am

Or just go for something mid range like Holiday-Inn Parkview.
E