Singapore Expats Forum

anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height?

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
amie_1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height?

Postby amie_1979 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:05 pm

Hi I aspire to be a Flight Stewardess but was too short to fulfil my dream. I am just 5Ft tall, about 152cm. :???:

Flying is my career dream and I really really hope I get a chance to fulfill this dream.
:)
A lot of airline require minimum of 158cm or 208cm arm reach but I definitely fall short.

May I know if there is any airline which is less strict on height? :o

I don't mind moving to another country shall there be a suitable airline which I can apply

Please advise me, thanks so much and greatly appreciated!!!

User avatar
rika2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007

Re: anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height

Postby rika2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:20 pm

amie_1979 wrote:Hi I aspire to be a Flight Stewardess but was too short to fulfil my dream. I am just 5Ft tall, about 152cm. :???:

Flying is my career dream and I really really hope I get a chance to fulfill this dream.
:)
A lot of airline require minimum of 158cm or 208cm arm reach but I definitely fall short.

May I know if there is any airline which is less strict on height? :o

I don't mind moving to another country shall there be a suitable airline which I can apply

Please advise me, thanks so much and greatly appreciated!!!



hi amie. did u mention 208cm arm reach? isit a either or or must meet both criteria. Ican reach 208cm with both myarms!
follow your bliss~

User avatar
machi17
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 17 May 2007
Location: Bukit Panjang

Postby machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:23 pm

i think its a very low possibility.. u can try all the webpages of all the airlines.. maybe budget u'll have a better chance?

usually its either 158 or 208 cm of arm reach.. not a combination of both... :)
~~I wanna fly too~~

User avatar
rika2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007

Re: anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height

Postby rika2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:23 pm

rika2 wrote:
amie_1979 wrote:Hi I aspire to be a Flight Stewardess but was too short to fulfil my dream. I am just 5Ft tall, about 152cm. :???:

Flying is my career dream and I really really hope I get a chance to fulfill this dream.
:)
A lot of airline require minimum of 158cm or 208cm arm reach but I definitely fall short.

May I know if there is any airline which is less strict on height? :o

I don't mind moving to another country shall there be a suitable airline which I can apply

Please advise me, thanks so much and greatly appreciated!!!



hi amie. did u mention 208cm arm reach? isit a either or or must meet both criteria. Ican reach 208cm with both myarms!


sorie...i mean i CANT reach..
follow your bliss~

amie_1979
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007
Location: SINGAPORE

Postby amie_1979 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 4:28 pm

the shortest one i saw is qatar i think 157.5cm..
maybe airline isn't for us :oops: :cry: :cry:

(excuse me excuse me, we got looks one ok but just no height :???: kidding :wink: )

User avatar
rika2
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Tue, 19 Jun 2007

Postby rika2 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:04 pm

machi17 wrote:i think its a very low possibility.. u can try all the webpages of all the airlines.. maybe budget u'll have a better chance?

usually its either 158 or 208 cm of arm reach.. not a combination of both... :)


i dun understand e arm reach part. do they let u tiptoe? i heard previously its just to reach out to the top of e door..
follow your bliss~

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Postby Paige » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:39 pm

amie_1979 wrote:the shortest one i saw is qatar i think 157.5cm..
maybe airline isn't for us :oops: :cry: :cry:

(excuse me excuse me, we got looks one ok but just no height :???: kidding :wink: )


Hi Amie_1979,

Gulfair is 156cm.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
Paige
Chatter
Chatter
Posts: 246
Joined: Tue, 13 Sep 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height

Postby Paige » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 5:41 pm

Hi rika2,

You are right! So far as I know, United Airlines and Cathay height requirement is to reach 208cm.

Cheers!
Paige :wink:

User avatar
machi17
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 17 May 2007
Location: Bukit Panjang

Postby machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:35 pm

rika2 wrote:
machi17 wrote:i think its a very low possibility.. u can try all the webpages of all the airlines.. maybe budget u'll have a better chance?

usually its either 158 or 208 cm of arm reach.. not a combination of both... :)


i dun understand e arm reach part. do they let u tiptoe? i heard previously its just to reach out to the top of e door..


ya~ i think they do allow u to tip toe and as long the tip of ur fingers are able to touch 208cm, its ok... 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

User avatar
machi17
Regular
Regular
Posts: 74
Joined: Thu, 17 May 2007
Location: Bukit Panjang

Postby machi17 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:36 pm

rika2 wrote:
machi17 wrote:i think its a very low possibility.. u can try all the webpages of all the airlines.. maybe budget u'll have a better chance?

usually its either 158 or 208 cm of arm reach.. not a combination of both... :)


i dun understand e arm reach part. do they let u tiptoe? i heard previously its just to reach out to the top of e door..


ya~ i think they do allow u to tip toe and as long the tip of ur fingers are able to touch 208cm, its ok... 8-)
~~I wanna fly too~~

nana07
Regular
Regular
Posts: 93
Joined: Tue, 27 Jun 2006

Postby nana07 » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 11:52 pm

i don't think it's about the looks for the height requirement, it's about reaching the compartments overhead.
im hovering around 157cm. :?

User avatar
uglyscratcher
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu, 31 Jan 2008

Height

Postby uglyscratcher » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 2:40 pm

To all,

During the interview, You have to pass the minimum height stated by airline and also be able to reach the safety compartment height.

Some of u mentioned that is either to reach 158cm or 208cm. I think u made a mistake. It is to be at least 158cm and be able to reach 208cm at the same time.

For those whose height are shorter than the requirement, u already got a hard time getting past the height requirement. But if they didn't indicate a minimum height requirement like Emirates or other airlines, you will have to be able to touch the safety compartment height at 208cm on tip toe.

But think again, if ur height is way too short, you might have difficulty in reaching that 208cm. And if u can't reach, they wouldn't want you no matter what. If u are just alittle off like 157cm or so, good luck.

Anyways on my experience during my interview at SIA, my height was 157.5cm and i was not given the chance to try to touch the safety compartment height. So, to the rumours about being able to get through at 157cm or blah blah, not true. I was just 5mm shorter and got booted out. Sooooooooo... this is the fact. =)

User avatar
queenie-me
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 649
Joined: Wed, 04 May 2005
Location: Singapore

Re: anyairline with air stewardess job less strict on height

Postby queenie-me » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 3:15 pm

Did you mention that you are 1.52 cm. I know A lot of people will tell you just try and maybe you can do the reached test etc..
But from my own experience, I can tell you straight to let you know that you should find another career. Cause there's no way you can pass the height requirements. Plus, height requirement is very important in the airline. Cause it's to make sure that you can reach the safety equipment.

For instance, I have a cousin who is at your height. She went with me at the Emirates interview. I make it as I am able to reach the height. I am 1.58cm. I was lucky because I merely didn't make it for the next round. Unfortunately, my cousin was unlucky. She didn't even manage to touch the line. In fact, she was way... below the line.

My point is, you don't go chasing after something which you know you couldn't make it. It will lead to disappointment. Take my advice. Go for something that you are able to make it than letting yourself down.

http://singaporeexpats.com/forum/ftopic46966.html

User avatar
Plavt
Director
Director
Posts: 4292
Joined: Wed, 18 May 2005
Location: United Kingdom

Postby Plavt » Sat, 01 Mar 2008 4:07 pm

I agree with Queenie-me; amie_1979 is not being realistic, you just have to live with the fact there are certain jobs in this world you will not get - same for all of us. Moving to another country is unrealistic since even if there is a carrier that permits that height it won't be one of the international lines.

User avatar
singaporegrrl
Reporter
Reporter
Posts: 635
Joined: Mon, 21 Nov 2005
Location: Singapore / United Arab Emirates

Postby singaporegrrl » Sun, 02 Mar 2008 1:54 am

I totally agree. Please girls, don't put your hopes too high for something you will NEVER get. Consider a different career.
Jangan tanya soalan merepek boleh tak?


  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Airline Careers”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests