Singapore Expats Forum

SMS's new avatar!!!

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Wind In My Hair
Manager
Manager

Postby Wind In My Hair » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 9:23 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So this is how you see me huh? :P

Sluggish? In body maybe, but never in mind! :D

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 9:52 pm

I do, after all, work for the largest Pest Control Company in Singapore. When I was a kid I wanted to be an Entomologist. Sometimes I like to bust pests on this board on behalf of the Admins as well! :cool:

trikal

wong aspect

Postby trikal » Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:05 pm

Hi EF, Kids enjoy their heart out. They don't pay attention to the looks for they go straight for the heart. Your kid would have related to the enjoyment and if they were near him they wouldn't think a second more to ask the man to smile again and engage into non stop laughter.

It is from our aspect that we think that they are making fun of his appearance because it is we who see it that way. :wink:

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Fri, 22 Jun 2007 9:47 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I do, after all, work for the largest Pest Control Company in Singapore. When I was a kid I wanted to be an Entomologist. Sometimes I like to bust pests on this board on behalf of the Admins as well! :cool:

In the states...there was this commecial for a pest control company. Their commercial was this fake TV advert ... and during the fake TV advert, a cockroach would appear on TV and just start "crawling" on the screen as if it were real. One person actually threw his shoe at the TV to try to kill the fake cockroach. After realizing it was a fake commercial, the man proceeded to sue the company...haha, only in america. as Yakov Smirnoff used to say, America!! I love it! what a country!

Edited to add: The advert was in 2005. Orkin was the company.
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2000/04/ ... 0566.shtml
An irate Tampa, Fla., woman who tried to kill the roach by tossing a motorcycle helmet at it and instead broke her TV set demanded that Atlanta-based Orkin buy her a new one. Another man said his set was damaged after he threw a shoe at it.

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sat, 23 Jun 2007 10:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I do, after all, work for the largest Pest Control Company in Singapore. When I was a kid I wanted to be an Entomologist. Sometimes I like to bust pests on this board on behalf of the Admins as well! :cool:

Wasn't it Gil Grissom from the tv series CSI who was into bugs and insects? Perhaps you can consider an alternative career sms. :D
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning