Singapore Expats

LIFE AFTER FLIGHTS

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 8:54 pm

You'll be okay. Who knows you may even like it there as an RFA at UAL but it is not for everybody. Previously there wasn't any bond, now there is. Not much pondering required for the reason. :)

Take care!

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:22 pm

Plavt wrote:
rev12000 wrote:
:oops!: It's okay, i've gotten my answer over your previous postings. Old and whinny? HaHaHaHaHa ... :lol: Anything that works for you. CHEERIOS!!
Ah, how nice of you to repost after my little blunder, now I can proceed to attack you. :P :lol:

You really should do a lot more research and thinking; United is an entirely different culture to what you are most probably used to. You can see evidence of this both in the staff, passengers and working conditions.

Why do you think they hire people over 30? Quite possibly they cannot get enough young people interested enough or willing to put up with the nonsense or stress they are likely to encounter. Toygirl is not old and whiny: old and wise would be more apt.
HaHa ... To begin with, apologies to [toygirl] should you have misinterpret my meaning of "old & whinny". I was refering to a post that you previously state, 'bout United Airline applicants are mostly old and whinny. Now, back to YOU!! Hey, dont start a flamming sector between toygirl and me ya. :mad: We are just sharing our different perspectives for better understanding. :)

I understand your concern, must agree that i've not done much research on United Airline. (else, i would have answered the round.3 questions at my finger-tips [faint] ... ) When everything seems so negative, i see United as an opportunity to learn, progress and to share my past experience with but i'll definately heed all advice and kind informations thats being shared in this forum. :lol: CHEERIOS!!
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

papaya

Post by papaya » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:31 pm

well... my opinion...personally, i feel better rather than Asian companies, the cultures for US companies are much more nicer and easy to work together, except one thing - fire. Asian companies are rather holding it but US firms are more active on this action. hahaha...

but my experience, i prefer working in US company, no europeans or asians.

i harldy know about UA, except it is crawling on the bottom being out of cash...(but they still pay), but prefer working than in asian or middle eastern companies... you can't overlook where the company is originated... because mostly, it has its own country atmosphere... believe me.

and i read SIA 140 hrs per month, but UA is 90 hours!

and regional crew is okay with me, because if it is too long flight taking more than ten hours,,, it is a Hell for workers in a ristricted space..at the same time, we get the same entitlement to fly free or light on cash...hehheee :D
Last edited by papaya on Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:55 pm, edited 3 times in total.

toygirl
Chatter
Chatter

Post by toygirl » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:33 pm

Rev - No worries, not flaming anyone here. Yes, I do stand firm on what I said before. But anyway, I admire your determination and hope all works out well for you!.

Take care!

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 9:52 pm

toygirl wrote:Rev - No worries, not flaming anyone here. Yes, I do stand firm on what I said before. But anyway, I admire your determination and hope all works out well for you!.

Take care!
CHEERIOS!! :lol:
Take much care, too.
Do NoT TaKe LaZY PeoPLe aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe, aS aPaTHeTiC PeoPLe Do NoT CaRe aBouT aNYTHiNG. LaZY PeoPLe CaRe, JuST THaT THeY Do NoT Do aNYTHiNG aBouT iT.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:37 pm

rev12000 wrote:Now, back to YOU!! Hey, dont start a flamming sector between toygirl and me ya. :mad: We are just sharing our different perspectives for better understanding. :)
I wasn't trying to, so be a good little applicant and put your claws away.

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

rev12000
Chatter
Chatter

Post by rev12000 » Fri, 13 Jul 2007 11:30 pm

Plavt wrote:
rev12000 wrote:Now, back to YOU!! Hey, dont start a flamming sector between toygirl and me ya. :mad: We are just sharing our different perspectives for better understanding. :)
I wasn't trying to, so be a good little applicant and put your claws away.

:P :lol: :lol: :lol:
YOU ... ... ... [-X it's okay, i forgive i forget :P

vix

Post by vix » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 5:14 pm

I'm reading this wif interest ... I think SQ has the most stringent OBA. wat does dat mean to u?

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 Jul 2007 6:54 pm

vix wrote:I'm reading this wif interest ... I think SQ has the most stringent OBA. wat does dat mean to u?
OBA = On board Assessment?

vix

Post by vix » Sun, 29 Jul 2007 5:23 pm

yup

papercut

Post by papercut » Tue, 18 Sep 2007 11:15 pm

I'm surprised this thread hasn't go much replies! I've heard from my friend's sister who's an air stewardess that the lifespan(for lack of a better word) of an air steward/stewardess would be up till retirement age, 62, 65? I should be reading the news more often, but from what I've heard so far its about 15 years and you're asked to leave or alternatively they wouldn't renew your contract?

I'm sure many here has attained degrees or diplomas in some sort of field but what's there to do for those without? Setting up a business may be a viable option. Is there anything else?!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Hi

Post by calvink » Wed, 19 Sep 2007 10:29 am

Another option would be you could obtain to work in HR line as a Recruitment Consultant...

there are lots of recruitment companies around...manpower..adecco..kelly services...and so on....the demand is always there..... your role is to interview, shortlist and propose candidates for different clients...so you get a set of clients to deal with and also meet a lot of people because you need to interview them almost everyday....Any diploma/degree will do...Someone with no experience are welcome to apply...not a difficult job...just hit your target and receive your commission. Basic you can expect 2K even for a beginner.....

I've done it.....its quite fun meeting ppl....

viewfrombelow

Post by viewfrombelow » Thu, 27 Sep 2007 3:14 pm

From an experienced Flight Crew point of view, what would you like to see if there is a film to be make on being a flight attendant?
Besides the usual that had been bitched about in the threads, do you think there is something else that is interesting and worth a mention?