Singapore Expats Forum

Dating Scene for Western Caucasian Men?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 4:38 pm

Shan,

The way I see it is as long as they are not posting advertising and/or racial slurs or calling posters Jerks then I have no problem with it. Now if they start spamming our regulars with crap in PM's then once we are notified of such problems we will notify admin and they can take necessary actions like locking the PM function or even locking the account. We normally only do that for advertising or link spammers.

As far as a time based function, I'd say that is a bit unwieldy as often get togethers are arranged in a couple of days time as you well know (having been to a few yourself). So we will just have to put up with the silly posts along with the verbally obtuse ones wont we? :wink:

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:33 pm

I guess even a newbie can receive a PM, but can't reply to one. As to the get together you are referring to, Newbies post on the forum & it is only the organiser who PMs his number after reading their post in the forum.

If it was the other way, he may have to put up with all the PMs from newbies & regulars... would he? :wink:

on another thought, why have a barrier that they have to create 5 posts to get the ability to PM... it can be granted right away the moment they create their Avatar.. right?
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

Plavt
Director
Director

Postby Plavt » Sun, 01 Jul 2007 11:58 pm

Shankar wrote:on another thought, why have a barrier that they have to create 5 posts to get the ability to PM...

To prevent spammers. :roll:
Last edited by Plavt on Thu, 05 Jul 2007 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 6:49 pm

Ian,
Age varies for expats in Singapore. There are some young expats crowds (20s). Most whom I have met are in their 30s. :)
Westeners are very welcome in Singapore. Afterall, the government here is always on the lookout to attract more foreign talents. But like everywhere else, you will meet some not-so-nice people.
As for Lucy Liu...well, most Singapore girls are gorgeous, mostly petite and very thin so you will probably fall in love everyday. LOL. Just beware of SPG. Think I might get shot at now... :shooting:

huggybear
Chatter
Chatter

Postby huggybear » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 7:42 pm

well...i think it's buyer beware with SPG..but i think you opened up a whole new can of worms haha.

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 05 Jul 2007 10:15 pm

huggy,

Nah, that one's been done to death here, there, the Angry Board and every other board in Singapore and Asia for that matter. Every Country in Asia has SPGs with just the first letter changed.

Me? In my single days here (damn that was a long, long time ago) we just called them LBFM's which is a bit crude for this board even if it it does ring true.

:oops:

HunBunny80
Chatter
Chatter

Postby HunBunny80 » Fri, 06 Jul 2007 11:05 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:huggy,

Nah, that one's been done to death here, there, the Angry Board and every other board in Singapore and Asia for that matter. Every Country in Asia has SPGs with just the first letter changed.

Me? In my single days here (damn that was a long, long time ago) we just called them LBFM's which is a bit crude for this board even if it it does ring true.

What is LBFM? :???:

Lancerist

Postby Lancerist » Mon, 06 Aug 2007 11:34 am

HunBunny80 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:huggy,

What is LBFM? :???:

Need to ask Bunny for your picture of that panda roll....got to have it..

Merlion

Dating Scene

Postby Merlion » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 4:09 am

Well, I am not so sure on the whole dating scene since I am already married to a local women, however the women in Singapore are simply stunning! :)

PhantomX

Re: Dating Scene

Postby PhantomX » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:28 am

Merlion wrote:Well, I am not so sure on the whole dating scene since I am already married to a local women, however the women in Singapore are simply stunning! :)

Sorry your comment is quite puzzling

You are married to a local woman and u find the local women stunning
Are you still looking around?
X

PhantomX

Re: Dating Scene

Postby PhantomX » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 11:30 am

PhantomX wrote:
Merlion wrote:Well, I am not so sure on the whole dating scene since I am already married to a local women, however the women in Singapore are simply stunning! :)

Sorry your comment is quite puzzling

You are married to a local woman and u find the local women stunning
Are you still looking around?

Or isit a case of your local woman not being stunning enuf? :)
X

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 09 Aug 2007 2:00 pm

Aiyoh! He said he was married, not a eunuch! :P

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:03 pm

Give the guy a break! I guess he's doing what my college humanities professor calls as... art appreciation. You can always look at but can't touch the priceless paintings in the Louvre, right? :P :cool:
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

jpatokal

Postby jpatokal » Tue, 21 Aug 2007 8:10 pm

HunBunny80 wrote:What is LBFM? :???:

Little Brown Friendly Machine. (Insert "F" of your choice.)
Vaguely heretical thoughts on travel technology at Gyrovague

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 22 Aug 2007 12:50 am

jpatokal wrote:
HunBunny80 wrote:What is LBFM? :???:

Little Brown Friendly Machine. (Insert "F" of your choice.)

I actually told her via PM when she asked the question. That's why it was never mentioned again. :oops: