Singapore Expats Forum

Dating Scene for Western Caucasian Men?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.

Loops
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Loops » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:51 am

i will bring my Braveheart Sword

ooh, are we talking metaphorically here? 8-) Or are you just a serial killer???? hmmm???

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Re: this is funny, but since you ask ..

Postby sapphire » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 11:24 am

Shankar wrote:Singapore Women are constantly on the look out for their Private Escalators / Elevators and they always prefer it being imported and easily amendable locally. So welcome to Singapore.

That's a load of crap. You, obviously hang out with the wrong crowd. And generalising, my dear, is a mark of stupidity.

FYI, I'm not a Singaporean, so don't even go there.
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

ianlaird

Postby ianlaird » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 7:12 pm

[[/quote]
Out of pure academic curiousity... ianlaird, is the kilt the only thing worn to cover the lower extremities?
:P :D[/quote]

when wearing the kilt yes!! if you do wear anything underneath this fine peice of historic scottish clothing you are considered less of a man!!

is it windy in Singapore?

Shankar
Regular
Regular

Postby Shankar » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 7:14 pm

sapphire wrote:
Shankar wrote:Singapore Women are constantly on the look out for their Private Escalators / Elevators and they always prefer it being imported and easily amendable locally. So welcome to Singapore.

That's a load of crap. You, obviously hang out with the wrong crowd. And generalising, my dear, is a mark of stupidity.

any clue as to who you are saying this to? you also say that you are not a singaporean.
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.

Michelle.H

Postby Michelle.H » Sat, 16 Jun 2007 9:09 pm

You want to get to know local women?

Asian_Geekette
Reporter
Reporter

Postby Asian_Geekette » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 8:55 am

ianlaird wrote:when wearing the kilt yes!! if you do wear anything underneath this fine peice of historic scottish clothing you are considered less of a man!!

is it windy in Singapore?

Thanks for clarifying things! Windy..? I'm not sure about the other parts of SG but there were times it was windy near the office (around the Harbourfront area). Well, better not wear the kilt around this area then. :)
My business is not to remake myself, but make the absolute best out of what God made. -Robert Browning

renter
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Dating Scene for Western Caucasian Men?

Postby renter » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 2:27 pm

ianlaird wrote:Hi all,

Having read the post from Jessi about DATING SCENE FOR WESTERN WOMEN lets open one for men.

Being Scottish, 24 and moving to Singapore in August after spending 1 month in HK, I intend on meeting many people in Singapore as I am permantly moving there.

I know there is a large expat community but how welcomed are we from the Locals? and what is the average age of an expat?

Open, and Honest opinions please!
Ian

I'm surprised that you have this problem in SG. :)

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 10:15 pm

renter wrote:I'm surprised that you have this problem in SG. :)

He doesn't. He's not here yet. :-|

ianlaird

Postby ianlaird » Mon, 18 Jun 2007 11:29 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:
renter wrote:I'm surprised that you have this problem in SG. :)

He doesn't. He's not here yet. :-|

as above Still in sunny scotland!!! been waiting to weeks so far for my HK Visa, so i can work there for a month, then i move to Singapore.

Just want to get my foot in the door 1st!!

Strong Eagle

Postby Strong Eagle » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 12:15 am

Shankar wrote:
sapphire wrote:

any clue as to who you are saying this to? you also say that you are not a singaporean.

Silly Shankar. This is THE babe of Singapore... Singaporean or not. So glad to see you grace us Sapphire!

sapphire
Manager
Manager

Postby sapphire » Tue, 19 Jun 2007 6:57 pm

Hehe, thanks SE. I do drop by from time to time. How are things with ya? All good?
It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you.

sonicenergy

Postby sonicenergy » Wed, 20 Jun 2007 3:07 am

sapphire wrote:Hehe, thanks SE. I do drop by from time to time. How are things with ya? All good?

Nice to read your post sapphire, adds a little spice to the discussion! You should pop in more often!

searcher2006

goodluck

Postby searcher2006 » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 10:30 pm

Well, its up to you to discover....
No man is occupied in doing a very difficult thing, and doing it very well, ever loses his self respect-George Bernard Shaw

sundaymorningstaple

Postby sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:17 pm

searcher2006,

If you are going to quote authors, you should at least get the quote correct so you don't look like a pretender or pseudo-intellectual.

Shankar
Regular
Regular

newbie problem

Postby Shankar » Sat, 30 Jun 2007 10:27 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:searcher2006,

If you are going to quote authors, you should at least get the quote correct so you don't look like a pretender or pseudo-intellectual.

Hey SMS, is anything being done at your end to resolve this newbie's posting just to gain their potental to PM the same day. You should probably look into a date restriction as well .. for instance if newbies get to PM only after say 2 weeks etc.

I find many of us are wasting our energies on newbies who never even show up.

Cheers!!!
Shan
recently attained my Nirvaana and became a Budha.