Singapore Expats

Where do I go to get a decent sofa bed?

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
pirorin

Where do I go to get a decent sofa bed?

Post by pirorin » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:35 pm

I went to Furniture Mall, Park Mall, and went into more than 20 shops, but all they had were double size, and not only they're not confortable, they're ugly! I'm looking for the one uses a real mattress, preferably queen size. Where should I go look?
thanks!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:42 pm

I've seen lots, but don't ever remember seeing a true queen sized one.

Try IKEA, they have some very nice ones but I don't know if they have queen sized.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Humour_Me

Post by Humour_Me » Fri, 15 Jun 2007 4:04 pm

Try Widhardja (sp???) They do Indonesian wooden furniture but they also have a good either super single or queen sized sofa bed for S$199, on sale. It's pretty comfortable - slept on one meself! :D

Marlowe

Post by Marlowe » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 8:55 pm

yeah for a sofa bed, you should give ikea a go. i have an AWESOME sofa-bed from there that i bought 3 years ago that they still sell there (i saw it last week). it is an L-shaped couch that turns into a double-bed that is really really comfortable. in fact, when i lived in sydney, i had it up in my reading room on the 3rd floor of my terrace house, and i would actually move up there & sleep during the winter. in the summer i'd come back down to my bedroom. but, the point is, it's super-comfortable and is also nice as a couch. i forget the name of it (i forget all of those goofy/funny swedish names), but go to ikea here and peep them out.

rhino
Regular
Regular

Post by rhino » Sun, 17 Jun 2007 9:00 pm

Maybe its the same as the one I have Marlowe... its called "Beddinge" from Ikea... Mine is super comfy also... fell asleep on it last night watchin a dvd! All my guests have said it is just fine to sleep on... its a fairly thick foam matress with wooden slats. A thousand times better than the fold out beds with the steel rods in them!!